shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Aquamarine from ACS (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Great stone!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is a beautiful stone. I love the sparkle
30.gif
30.gif

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it''s beautiful. I think I''d keep it, but it''s an expensive stone not to be 100% about.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love it but this is coming from someone who has only seen washed out pale aquas IRL. What color where you looking for exactly? The stone is HUGE! I would have a hard time giving it up too!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Um. WOW.

23.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
That stone is absolutely dazzling! I never care much for aquas because they are so pale, but this one is a beauty and humongous! What are you going to do with it?
31.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That''s a beautiful aqua!!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful color! If only more aquas came in that color!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous!!
30.gif
30.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let us know if you decide to keep it!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
That stone is absolutely fantastic!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I think you will kick yourself if you send it back but I am sure another PSer would scarf it up!!
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d be keeping it if it was me. It''s gorgeous!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the KEEP IT list!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Me too.... It''s a beautiful aqua, I know I said that before...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please return it and tell Barry to hold it so that I can order it.
31.gif

Seriously, I''d keep it because the colour is deep (as it should for a 4 ct stone) and there''s not much gray. Is it heated?

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If I were you I would keep it. I think that it is beautiful. It is much darker than the aqua ring that I have (and bigger too!) I think the stone is wonderful. I''m not sure what you are looking for as this is the darkest aqua I have seen and little grey shines through.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Well, there seems to be a unanimous vote for keeping it. You ladies are talking me into it
2.gif

I''ll take it to the office tomorrow and check the performance one last time, but most likely, I will keep it.

I don''t have much experience with aqua, nor do I know what should I expect. I couldn''t get out of my mind the intense blue from this thread, so I thought this one is not intense enough. But I knew from the beginning that my expectation might be too high.
5.gif

Thanks much for everyone''s help!
35.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
KEEP IT! KEEP IT! KEEP IT! KEEP IT! KEEP IT! KEEP IT! KEEP IT!

(So that I''m not tempted to buy it...)

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2009 11:30:42 PM
Author: yingh
Well, there seems to be a unanimous vote for keeping it. You ladies are talking me into it
2.gif

I''ll take it to the office tomorrow and check the performance one last time, but most likely, I will keep it.

I don''t have much experience with aqua, nor do I know what should I expect. I couldn''t get out of my mind the intense blue from this thread, so I thought this one is not intense enough. But I knew from the beginning that my expectation might be too high.
5.gif

35.gif
My aqua, to which you refer, is 11 cts. It''s much easier to show a deeper color in a larger stone. And my 11 ct has deeper color than most 60 ct aquas.
To get the color you show, in a 4 ct stone is amazing. To top it off, it is a round (brilliant) cut. There is a very good reason why you almost never see aquas in round cut. That is, the brilliant cut washes out the color.

I bought an intense aqua rough, and made the fatal mistake of cutting it into a square Barion cut. That cut, somewhat similar to a brilliant cut, washed out the color. I will not make that mistake again. Besides the shape of the aqua rough that yielded my 11 ct stone, pear shapes show deeper color and less brilliance.

If you like aqua at all, keep it. It has amazing color for that size and cut!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!
1.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 1:02:24 AM
Author: zeolite

Date: 4/12/2009 11:30:42 PM
Author: yingh
2.gif

5.gif

35.gif
My aqua, to which you refer, is 11 cts. It''s much easier to show a deeper color in a larger stone. And my 11 ct has deeper color than most 60 ct aquas.
To get the color you show, in a 4 ct stone is amazing. To top it off, it is a round (brilliant) cut. There is a very good reason why you almost never see aquas in round cut. That is, the brilliant cut washes out the color.

I bought an intense aqua rough, and made the fatal mistake of cutting it into a square Barion cut. That cut, somewhat similar to a brilliant cut, washed out the color. I will not make that mistake again. Besides the shape of the aqua rough that yielded my 11 ct stone, pear shapes show deeper color and less brilliance.

If you like aqua at all, keep it. It has amazing color for that size and cut!
Yingh, this is an endorsement you can take to the bank - don''t send it back.

Now please tell us where that shot, that wasn''t the frying pan, was taken- I''m stumped!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yingh,
There is a difference between vividness of color and saturation of color IMO. You can have a highly saturated aqua, but it could have a lot of grey in it. I much rather have a lighter aqua with a more vivid blue color, then a deeper saturated stone with less vividness of blue color. I hope that makes sense. I have an 8 carat Nigerian aqua of medium dark saturation, but the grey in it bugs me. Therefore, I don''t wear it as much as I should. Most aquas don''t do a thing for me since the RI is low and the grey modifier is so strong. However, if this is a vivid blue color without much of a grey secondary, I would consider keeping it.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I would keep it, I actually think for an aqua the color is great

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow. That is seriously yum. Keep it!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the comments and advice. I am KEEPing it! This aqua is simply too pretty to give up, and I would be kicking myself if I sent it back. The color might not be deep as I wanted, but it is a beautiful blue with little grey, and unusual cut.

Thanks again everyone!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif

Now the answer to the misterious silver background - it was the base stand of my plasma TV
9.gif
And I did try the non-stick frying pan, and I will stick with the TV stand for now.
2.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an interesting article I found online, comparing color and origin of aqua.

aquamaring link

Scroll down to the bottom right to see a shocking tanzanite color aqua in trillion cut.
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m glad you''re keeping it Yingh. Once you set it, you''ll see the color deepen even more. At least you know it''s deeper and more vivid in color than 99.999999% of what you see in the stores.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I think you will be very happy with it. The color is better than most aquas I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results