shape
carat
color
clarity

Round Aquamarine from ACS (lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I love this setting for my aqua, but boy, what are those holes in the shank!!!
6.gif

That design has a 9mm and a 11mm version, but my aqua is 10.4mm. And there are too many prongs on this ring. Maybe I shall keep looking. Any recommendations?
33.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 10:16:06 PM
Author: yingh
6.gif

That design has a 9mm and a 11mm version, but my aqua is 10.4mm. And there are too many prongs on this ring. Maybe I shall keep looking. Any recommendations?
33.gif
Ask him to make that ring for you with four prongs and a solid shank. I did once see that shank, and thought it was hideous. The cut outs ruin the ring. This should not be difficult for him to modify at all.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! Those holes have got to go; I can''t imagine it looking nice to see skin peeking through the shank. As for the prongs, if they are daintier than the usual 4 prong size, I''d prefer that. I like the look of many but extra tiny/skinny prongs - it gives the ring a very antique look.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my stars as (SDL would say) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
That is a stunning aqua, I LOVE it!! So glad you made it a ''keeper'' - I cannot wait to see this stone set, I think it will make a drop-dead gorgeous, showstopping ring!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/14/2009 9:10:56 AM
Author: babysteps
That is a stunning aqua, I LOVE it!! So glad you made it a ''keeper'' - I cannot wait to see this stone set, I think it will make a drop-dead gorgeous, showstopping ring!

Showstopping, indeed!!

I would keep it. I LOVE love love aquas and I think that color is very pretty. Definitely darker than many aquas I''ve seen.

Ick on those holes in that LOGR setting you posted. I do like the dainty little halo pave halo on it though. I also vote for more prongs over a 4 or 6. That beauty needs to be strapped in!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/13/2009 10:24:46 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 4/13/2009 10:16:06 PM
Author: yingh
6.gif

33.gif
Ask him to make that ring for you with four prongs and a solid shank. I did once see that shank, and thought it was hideous. The cut outs ruin the ring. This should not be difficult for him to modify at all.

I agree, that setting would be lovely if altered a bit. The holes give it a "barbwire" look! Who ever designed it, what where they thinking???
6.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
That setting is pretty, reminds me of the spider ring that I have (except for the shank). Those holes in the shank is not attractive at all.

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE your stone and I''m so glad you decided to keep it! I like the setting except for the holes in the shank... I think you need to keep looking!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results