carat
color
clarity

Ringworm

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL my dh is so funny. Today he is calling Oliver "Lord of the Ringworm"

I would laugh harder if Fred was eating and if Bobby didn't have what I am convinced is a new Ringworm area. How could that be? I do not know but it seems to be a new RW area. Oval and red with hair loss. Despite this starting week 8 of Itrafungol and L-S dips and shampoos and spot treating with topicals much of that time.

So yeah "Lord of the Ringworm" is prancing about on the bed quite pleased with himself and just praying he is RW free. If he isn't I might be having a NB very soon.

We are continuing to go the course and treat everyone with L-S dips and Itrafungol (exception is Fred who isn't receiving Itrafugnol) and now spot topical application on Bobby. Please continue thinking good thoughts for our cats. I am trying to hang in there and think positive thoughts but you can imagine how I am feeling at this moment. New RW area on Bobby and Fred is not eating and he looks just terrible.

Thanks.

Leaving you with Sir Tommy who's looking at me as if to say "when will this torture stop?"
:cry2:

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 6.04.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-15 at 6.04.15 AM.png

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, my heart goes out to you and Greg -- and Fred, Bobby, Tommy, and Oliver. It seemed last week that the RW in your household was quite possibly on its way to running its course. This is all so onerously demanding and damned discouraging. I'm fervently hoping that you all see -- very soon -- light at the end of this tunnel! HUGE HUGS

P.S. Might the feline mood relaxer aid previously mentioned (sorry I don't remember the name & can't seem to quickly find the posts about it now) "tone down" Oliver's adolescent, nocturnal high jinks so that you and Greg could get some meaningful sleep?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, MollyMalone's post reminded me of something...catnip used to relax Zoe and make her sleepy...she'd initially get a burst of energy but then she would get tired soon after and snooze for quite a while. The vet had recommended catnip to calm her on car rides.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
you and Greg and all the kitties are in my thoughts every day
please everyone get well soon !

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy, my heart goes out to you and Greg -- and Fred, Bobby, Tommy, and Oliver. It seemed last week that the RW in your household was quite possibly on its way to running its course. This is all so onerously demanding and damned discouraging. I'm fervently hoping that you all see -- very soon -- light at the end of this tunnel! HUGE HUGS

P.S. Might the feline mood relaxer aid previously mentioned (sorry I don't remember the name & can't seem to quickly find the posts about it now) "tone down" Oliver's adolescent, nocturnal high jinks so that you and Greg could get some meaningful sleep?

Thanks Molly, that's a great idea. I just ordered another Feliway diffuser for our bedroom. I have 3 plugged in downstairs in the DR, LR and kitchen and now we will add one to the bedroom.

@missy, MollyMalone's post reminded me of something...catnip used to relax Zoe and make her sleepy...she'd initially get a burst of energy but then she would get tired soon after and snooze for quite a while. The vet had recommended catnip to calm her on car rides.

Another great idea, thanks Junie. I give Tommy catnip every morning to entice him to eat and didn't even think of it for little Ollie. Will try that today, thanks.
you and Greg and all the kitties are in my thoughts every day
please everyone get well soon !

Thanks Daisy. It's not looking good and I am just trying to maintain calm and keep it together. The new area is definitely RW as it is growing in hair loss and circular in pattern and I found another tiny area on top of his head. How can this be happening?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ecf8503 I know you cannot possibly say why Bobby now has 2 new areas despite this being week 8 of Itrafungol and L-S dips. The area on his back is now increasing in hair loss and it is circular in pattern. Last night I saw a new small area on the top of his head that is RW too. Circular hair loss.

A few weeks ago we increased the L-S dip concentration to 8 oz per gallon from 4 for all the cats (and tomorrow will be their third 8 oz concentration L-S dip as the other 5 dips were at 4 oz per gallon) and we are shampooing with the antifungal shampoo for at least 4 weeks now or so.

Basically it has been 8 weeks of treatment. Should we panic? Or could this be just the way it is progressing and it will get under control? Bobby is only 10 years old and has no underlying medical conditions as far as we know. His blood work is recent and all was OK.

Could Bobby be resistant to treatment and if so what are our options?

This is surreal and I am not sure what we can do besides stay the course and just continue dipping and treating. We are on bottle 12 of Itrafungol and I just ordered 3 more bottles on Saturday (when I found Bobby's new area) and I have 2 full bottles left so that makes a total of 17 bottles. How many more bottles are we going to need?

I guess I am looking for encouragement if you think we will all be OK but if not I appreciate the truth. Either way I just want to know if you think we will make it through or if there is a possibility Bobby might never get rid of RW. All our cats health is on the line. If one cannot beat it none will and where does that leave us? Greg and I will keep fighting until we know there is no hope. Then we will make the tough decisions we need to make. Life cannot go on like this indefinitely. But as long as there is a good chance Bobby will get better we will keep on doing what we are doing.

Fred is another matter. Something is not right with him and hasn't been for 2 months or so since RW gate started. Crazily enough his bald areas seem to all be growing back. But based on Bobby's new areas I am expecting the unexpected and not going to relax and let my guard down. Though I am not sure what else we can do at the moment. Today we are giving them Malaseb baths/shampoos and tomorrow is L-S dip at 8 oz per gallon. The nightmare continues but we are trying to keep everyone's head above water. Cause yes it feels like we are drowning at times.

Thanks for your thoughts and advice.

Reactions: AV_

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby and Tommy last night.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.04.27 AM.png

Thank goodness Bobby's appetite is still good knock wood. Tommy is still losing weight but that could be his hyperthyroidism getting worse. If it continues we are going to have to start treating Tommy for that but I just don't want to start him on new meds while we are giving him Itrafungol. It is too traumatic for Tommy. He is very sensitive and his behavior is being affected negatively by all these meds and the cleaning every day. He is super sweet but very stressed even though we have Feliway in every room downstairs. I hope we can hold off on the thyroid meds for Tommy till RW gate is over.

And one of our ferals popping over to say hey there.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 5.05.17 AM.png
You know things aren't right when the ferals look healthier than the domestic house cats.

Fred is still super constipated despite giving him olive oil and pumpkin. My sister suggested Colace at 50 (mg?) but not sure how we are going to give him oral meds. Eating food with oil and pumpkin is one thing but forcing meds down his throat another. Plus he is barely eating anything. I see him crouching to try having a BM and nothing. Heartbreaking watching him struggle to have a BM.

Sorry for the down post and hoping my next update is a better one. Fingers crossed. Thanks for reading and thanks for your encouragement and support and any advice you have is welcome. Just looking to bring any relief to our furbabies.

fredandgreg.png

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy what about Miralax? Two of our cats get it routinely for backed up poo. Just sprinkle in food. No flavor once stirred in.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy what about Miralax? Two of our cats get it routinely for backed up poo. Just sprinkle in food. No flavor once stirred in.

Thanks, Elaine recommended that too and it should be here by tomorrow. I just hope Fred will eat it because he isn't eating much these days. \

In the meantime I spoke with their veterinarian and she will evaluate Fred tomorrow to see if more drastic measures need to be taken ie enema etc. When I updated her about Bobby she was surprised but I have done more reading and it seems this is not uncommon. Some strains of RW are more virulent than others and it can be an uphill struggle. Just hoping we get them relief sooner vs later. I don't think she knows what to do but all we can do right now is continue the treatments. I don't know if increasing their lime dips to twice a week would be helpful or just too traumatic and also drying. Bobby's skin is flaking quite a bit already.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their shampoo this AM went well. Greg is a pro. We skipped Tommy because he has no obvious lesions and he's blowing his coat from stress so really just wanted to give him some peace. Tomorrow is L-S dip and stressful on all of them.

Bobby
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.08.05 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.08.21 PM.png

Fred
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.08.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.08.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.09.06 PM.png

Little Ollie
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.09.21 PM.png

That tongue lol
Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.09.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.09.57 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.09.31 PM.png

and a little bit afterwards all 3 adult cats on the love seat. Tommy the only dry one. Calm and dry.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 4.13.37 PM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Am I dreaming, or is your furry horde getting used to water? Greg makes the exercise look easy - in pictures, that is.

Your news sound better, if short of Victory.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Am I dreaming, or is your furry horde getting used to water? Greg makes the exercise look easy - in pictures, that is.

Haha IRL they do not like the shower/water/shampooing. They are tolerating it. We have really good cats. I didn't realize how well behaved they would be. When we first started this they fought and were more wild but now with time they seem resigned to let us do it to get it over with. But Fred is meowing most of the time and Oliver is scared sadly much of the time trembling. I cannot wait til we can leave them alone and stop with the Itrafungol and bathing and L-S dips etc. It is wearing on all of us but I worry so for their emotional well being way more than our emotional well being. We understand why we are doing this but they don't and that makes it so tough.

Having said that it is still not easy catching Tommy early AM for his Itrafungol. He still runs and we do a cat and mouse game to catch him and give him the oral med. Once I put my hand on him he lays down and is submissive. Which makes me sad on another level but I am thankful we can get the med in him because he is the most wild one. And when we let him go after the Itrafungol watch out. He can hurt you wihen he is running away. Greg has gotten cut a few times now. That's why we didn't bathe Tommy. He goes crazy and hates it more than the others even. But if a visible RW area should appear on him we would have to resume the baths. For now it is Itrafugnol and L-S dips only for Tommy.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would a topical antifungal cream applied daily help? I have been reluctant to post as I do not know the difference between human infections and cat infections, but I have had a spot of RW (on my breast of all places) since the beginning of summer (which is a mystery as I have no kids, no pets at the moment, and no-one that I know of is infected), and what I am treating it with is a topical antifungal cream (Clotrimazole) twice a day. Improvement has not been quick, but it is noticeably fading. (I am not a good candidate for oral antifungals, so I am glad this is working).

Also, we had to give one of my cats laxatives when he became severely impacted. We diluted it in water and squirted it in his mouth with a syringe once per day until the issue resolved. I wonder if you could get some into Fred that way? That alone could be making him lethargic. My guy became almost catatonic and we were convinced that we might have to put him down, and the only thing causing it was severe constipation from a hairball. They sedated him and manually disimpacted what they could, and then we treated with a combination of hairball meds and laxatives for a few weeks. He was like a kitten again once he was able to pass what had gotten bunged up. Then it was hairball meds thereafter.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy I trust you with the mission of spoiling the four back to their stubborn selves... How hard can it be!?
It is easy to imagine that they also feel their own healing enough to fight less.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor Fred! He looks so miserable in the shower pictures. And Tommy looks SO SMUG that he didn't get showered.

Crossing my fingers that everything goes well with the dip and they figure out what is going on with Fred and can fix it.

@yssie how is your guy doing?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hello Missy
thinking of you all and sending you all calming healing thoughts and prayers from the bottom of the world
kia kaha
stay strong

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would a topical antifungal cream applied daily help? I have been reluctant to post as I do not know the difference between human infections and cat infections, but I have had a spot of RW (on my breast of all places) since the beginning of summer (which is a mystery as I have no kids, no pets at the moment, and no-one that I know of is infected), and what I am treating it with is a topical antifungal cream (Clotrimazole) twice a day. Improvement has not been quick, but it is noticeably fading. (I am not a good candidate for oral antifungals, so I am glad this is working).

Also, we had to give one of my cats laxatives when he became severely impacted. We diluted it in water and squirted it in his mouth with a syringe once per day until the issue resolved. I wonder if you could get some into Fred that way? That alone could be making him lethargic. My guy became almost catatonic and we were convinced that we might have to put him down, and the only thing causing it was severe constipation from a hairball. They sedated him and manually disimpacted what they could, and then we treated with a combination of hairball meds and laxatives for a few weeks. He was like a kitten again once he was able to pass what had gotten bunged up. Then it was hairball meds thereafter.

Hi @cmd2014 I am so sorry that you are dealing with a RW spot for so long. Perhaps alternating different topicals or trying a different topical altogether might help?

We are spot applying anti fungal topicals to the areas on the cats that are RW but for cats I am not sure it is as (if at all) effective due to their hair barrier and the fact that they groom it off. That's why L-S dips and anti fungal shampoos and oral anti fungals are the most important treatment for the cats. We vary what we are spot applying. Clotrimazole was one we were applying and 2% Miconazole cream and spray and 1% lotion as well as something by J Kat called Dioxiguard that is supposed to kill RW with minutes. Who knows if that claim is true but I am rotating all the topicals hoping it will be effective.

For humans spot applying the anti fungal should do the trick for you unless you have a severe RW infection which it doesn't sound like you do thankfully. Greg had a RW spot when the cats were first diagnosed and he applied Clotrimazole and it went away within a week or 2. Of course the longer we are around the RW the more likely we are to get it. To that end my derm put me on once weekly oral Fluconazole because there is some evidence once weekly pulse dosing for 3 months can be helpful.

Just one thought if you don't mind me sharing and I am sure you already know this but it's worth mentioning. You can easily pass it to your kitty so just be super careful. RW is so freaking contagious I cannot believe Bobby is reinfected in 2 areas now after almost 8 weeks of treatment and I am just holding my breath they all don't get reinfected. So please please please have your dh or DD take care of the kitty until you clear the spot. Though you are probably no longer contagious if you have been treating for months now. Sending you healing RW vibes. And thanks so much for sharing your thoughts re the anti fungal.

Thank you also so much for that info re your cat and what happened when he became severely impacted. I am so relieved for you and your cat that he is OK now. I totally get how you were feeling considering putting him down. We have been vacillating between that decision for over 2 months now. This has not been a good summer for Fred. Or any of our cats but especially for Fred. I wonder if that is what is going on with Fred. No one mentioned it despite my concern over his catatonic behavior and how constipated he is. Thank you so much. I will tell his veterinarian today and see what she thinks. She is going to examine him and feel his belly to see if more invasive measures need to be taken. He has not had a BM for 4-5 days now but he also isn't eating a lot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @distracts and @Daisys and Diamonds. Bobby's RW areas are increasing. Hard to believe after all the Itrafungol and L-S dips plus antifungal appliations and shampoos. But there you have it. Today is L-S dip day and keeping fingers and toes and everything crossed that it goes well. And that poor Fred finds relief today from his constipation. What a situation.

Thanks @AV_ yes how hard can it be? They already forgive us every single time. They are just more hesitant when we approach now but they do not seem to be holding a grudge. How long can that continue IDK. 8 weeks and counting...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think the kitties see the good in your heart and no matter how unpleasent it is they must know you love them

btw the ferrals you feed look in really good condition
its amazing what regular meals can do
our poor Tibby was so skinny when we first took pity on him but it didn't take long at all for his coat to shine and his eyes to sparkle

and at Christmas when i was feeding the feral/ stray ? mommy cat who had the kittens under the grape vine - the lady at the SPCA said what good condition the family was in

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy - (((hugs))). I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this. I'm saddened, but not completely surprised, that a new set of lesions has shown up - it's not fair! You've gone above and beyond what a normal person could or would. I wish I had a magic cure for you - but alas, there isn't one. Stay the course, and keep a positive attitude. Spoil them rotten. Let them all know how much you love them, as I'm sure you do. And poor Fred - Miralax to the rescue!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy - (((hugs))). I'm so sorry you are still dealing with this. I'm saddened, but not completely surprised, that a new set of lesions has shown up - it's not fair! You've gone above and beyond what a normal person could or would. I wish I had a magic cure for you - but alas, there isn't one. Stay the course, and keep a positive attitude. Spoil them rotten. Let them all know how much you love them, as I'm sure you do. And poor Fred - Miralax to the rescue!

Thank you @ecf8503, I appreciate all your help and encouragement and hugs. I hope they all don't get reinfected. Just wish I knew what I was doing wrong so I could fix this.

I wonder if we really need to continue deep cleaning each day. We are a combined age of 115 years (Greg and me lol kitties not included) and we aren't as strong as we used to be...this daily vacuuming, mopping, dusting and disinfecting is wearing us down. Though I shudder to think how much worse it might all be if we weren't doing all of that cleaning. Or would it?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what was the verdict at the vets? Did they make any suggestions about Bobby?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We dropped them off this AM for their L-S dip and we don’t pick them up til later. It’s a whole day affair. Veterinarian will evaluate them today. I’ll keep you posted. Thanks arkieb.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @ecf8503, I appreciate all your help and encouragement and hugs. I hope they all don't get reinfected. Just wish I knew what I was doing wrong so I could fix this.

I wonder if we really need to continue deep cleaning each day. We are a combined age of 115 years (Greg and me lol kitties not included) and we aren't as strong as we used to be...this daily vacuuming, mopping, dusting and disinfecting is wearing us down. Though I shudder to think how much worse it might all be if we weren't doing all of that cleaning. Or would it?
dear Missy
im not surprised all this cleaning is wearing everybody out
please look into the possibilities
maybe every other day just a less vigorous clean
im honestly sorry i can't pop over to help (im not that good at folding the washing)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dear Missy
im not surprised all this cleaning is wearing everybody out
please look into the possibilities
maybe every other day just a less vigorous clean
im honestly sorry i can't pop over to help (im not that good at folding the washing)

Thank you kind @Daisys and Diamonds . You're invited over anytime but no worries. We would never put you to work. Our guests are pampered!

Update: And please excuse me if it's choppy. My computer is now being evaluated and repaired at the Apple store because we don't have enough going on and it decided to go Kablooey this AM. So just a short 3 hour detour to go there wait at Genius Bar and leave it and go pick up the cats. But Greg is the best because he did it all without me and I got to relax a bit and take a bath. Did I mention my dh is the best?

Back to the fun we are having. The fun never stops. I am typing on an old thick and very heavy Apple laptop computer that is giving me some trouble. It is making my bad typing even worse.LOL But I digress. Back to the kitties.

1. Fred had to have two enemas and lots of stool came out. Lots of hard balls (sorry to be so descriptive) and now he is having explosive diarrhea. All over the walls and doors. See? I told you the fun never stops. His hair is, however, growing back in most places. Woohoo! Fingers crossed that continues.

2. Tommy is still losing lots of hair but mainly from stress and L-S dips. They see no RW spots on him anymore. And hoping hard that continues. No RW spots, please. But the vet wants us to continue L-S dips on him.

3. Same for Oliver. No spots. Woohoo! Just crusts on his face that keep coming up and out. They want us to continue L-S dips on Ollie too.

4. Bobby-might have a new area on top of head or it might be from L-S dips. They aren't sure and only time will tell. The bald circular area on his back they feel is part of the original RW area on his back but I see it getting larger over the past 3 days so all we can do is keep with the program and continue treating and hope for the best. And pray a lot.

So we are going to continue with the Itrafungol for everyone but Fred and L-S dips for everyone. For the foreseeable future.

Poor Fred. He isn't eating much and he must be so uncomfortable though hopefully once his diarrhea settles down he will feel better. They want us to give him Sub-Q fluids every day. My sister disagrees with their schedule of Sub Q so we are doing it my sister's way. Makes more sense to us. We are also going to give him Mirtizapine every day. I cleared that with my sister. The vet wants us to give him only 1/8 teaspoon Miralax but I am waiting to start that til after his system calms down.

Thank you all for your support and help and encouragement. And for just keeping me company as we go through what is the most stressful experience we have ever gone through and believe me we have gone through some stressful times. This beats them all and let's keep it that way please. I do not want anything to supercede this experience in terms of stress.

And Fred, Bobby, Tommy and Oliver are sending purry hugs and meowy love to each and everyone of you. XO.

1237347t680xm00ub.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I laughed out loud at Lord of the Ringworm. Poor Ollie, Poor Missy, Poor Greg! ;(:eek-2::bigsmile::(sad

I'm SO glad to hear y'all were able to get Fred unblocked!! So... since we've already delved into the dirty details... one of mine, Garett, has a problem - he can't really control when (and therefore where) he goes #2. That means cleaning unfortunate messes off doors, walls, floors with regularity :sick: Some thoughts - if there's somewhere you really don't want him to go [on] (ie. wood paneling that's difficult to clean or stains) these are worth every penny:
https://smile.amazon.com/PetSafe-PDT00-13914-SSSCAT-Spray-Deterrent/dp/B000RIA95G?sa-no-redirect=1
Plain old Chlorox - spray it on any fresh messes and it denatures them right away no smell. Sanity saver!!
https://www.target.com/p/clorox-cle...h-spray-bottle-fresh-scent-32-oz/-/A-13028422
And... stains. Your white walls and white doors and white trim - might well stain :(sad I hope Fred is back to normal soon!! When he is - sanding and touching up with very diluted colour-matched paint (I use a 1/3 water mix with latex paint and apply with a sponge) has worked well for us to hide mild localized staining - it dries quickly and doesn't leave noticeable marks or boundaries. Our wall paints are a combo of matte and eggshell, and trim is eggshell and satin.

Our Gretta needs subq every three days. And Jefferson gets 1/2 tsp Miralax every morning. And Mina is still on prednisone and pain meds, and Alex is on all sorts of interesting things. You've got a zoo. I've got a zoo. Most people in this thread have zoos :geek2:

@distracts Thank you for checking in! Some good, some less good. Alex's tumour boundaries were much smaller than they'd have liked. Part of the problem is that recommendation is 1" on all sides of the tumour, and when you're dealing with a cat... that's a nontrivial amount cat. His torso-side boundaries were 0.5-1cm. So there's a possibility that although scans right now are clean the cancer has infected surrounding tissue and we just can't see it yet.

He went to the oncologist last week. Five options:
1. Do nothing.
2. Radiation. Localized. Very effective in terms of preventing future metastasis, but... side effects are awful and schedule was daily, he'd have to be sedated daily, we'd have to drive him an hour each way daily.
3. IV chemo only. 50% odds of "success" - success being "inducing remission in cats that have resurgence". Not a cure, just remission for a certain amount of time. Lifespan is prolonged for a year on average. 5-7 treatments, once every three weeks. Enough icky side effects to make me worry, but not nearly as bad as radiation.
4. Oral chemo only. 25% odds of "success" by that same definition. 5 treatments, one every three weeks. Basically no side effects.
5. Combo of oral and IV chemo. Worse side effects, slightly improved remission rates.

Radiation was an easy h*ll no. #3 and #5 made us really uncomfortable - the possibility of improved remission rate and lengthening of lifespan are so small compared to the certainty of torturing him for two full months. We chose #4 - actually doing something potentially meaningful, vs., y'know, thoughts and prayers, but without causing him more pain and stress.

The short version is that if he's still infected it's most likely going to metastasize sooner or later. And if it metastasizes, it's most likely going to his lungs. And if it reaches his lungs it's game over. So realistically either he's cancer free or he's going to die in a couple of years no matter what we do - so we're going to give him the best life he can have no matter what.

Well, that was more doom and gloom than I'd intended. he's learning to move around extraordinarily well - he's much more mobile than he has any business being! And is commensurately more and more difficult to medicate!! The other cats are adjusting - Garett is clearly threatened, we think it's because Alex's body language is all off... but Mina, Gretta, and oddly enough Jimmy are all learning to love him again. Mina is doing really well. She's back up to 8lbs, eating well, playing, doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. So it seems like we've got her sorted, at least!

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@missy Not an exotic diagnostic on Fred & took all this time! All good news! What a summer you had ,( - except for the bike raids.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sounds a bit more hopeful... I hate to say this but if you can keep this up a while longer you might eradicate it, all because you and Greg's commitment to your family. Sending love to you all.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Thank you for sharing those bath pics!! If “righteously indignant” was a picture...

Alex and Jimmyfur ::)
75A46CB6-B1B4-4754-863B-1A7ADD70B525.jpeg

Last edited:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you kind @Daisys and Diamonds . You're invited over anytime but no worries. We would never put you to work. Our guests are pampered!

Update: And please excuse me if it's choppy. My computer is now being evaluated and repaired at the Apple store because we don't have enough going on and it decided to go Kablooey this AM. So just a short 3 hour detour to go there wait at Genius Bar and leave it and go pick up the cats. But Greg is the best because he did it all without me and I got to relax a bit and take a bath. Did I mention my dh is the best?

Back to the fun we are having. The fun never stops. I am typing on an old thick and very heavy Apple laptop computer that is giving me some trouble. It is making my bad typing even worse.LOL But I digress. Back to the kitties.

1. Fred had to have two enemas and lots of stool came out. Lots of hard balls (sorry to be so descriptive) and now he is having explosive diarrhea. All over the walls and doors. See? I told you the fun never stops. His hair is, however, growing back in most places. Woohoo! Fingers crossed that continues.

2. Tommy is still losing lots of hair but mainly from stress and L-S dips. They see no RW spots on him anymore. And hoping hard that continues. No RW spots, please. But the vet wants us to continue L-S dips on him.

3. Same for Oliver. No spots. Woohoo! Just crusts on his face that keep coming up and out. They want us to continue L-S dips on Ollie too.

4. Bobby-might have a new area on top of head or it might be from L-S dips. They aren't sure and only time will tell. The bald circular area on his back they feel is part of the original RW area on his back but I see it getting larger over the past 3 days so all we can do is keep with the program and continue treating and hope for the best. And pray a lot.

So we are going to continue with the Itrafungol for everyone but Fred and L-S dips for everyone. For the foreseeable future.

Poor Fred. He isn't eating much and he must be so uncomfortable though hopefully once his diarrhea settles down he will feel better. They want us to give him Sub-Q fluids every day. My sister disagrees with their schedule of Sub Q so we are doing it my sister's way. Makes more sense to us. We are also going to give him Mirtizapine every day. I cleared that with my sister. The vet wants us to give him only 1/8 teaspoon Miralax but I am waiting to start that til after his system calms down.

Thank you all for your support and help and encouragement. And for just keeping me company as we go through what is the most stressful experience we have ever gone through and believe me we have gone through some stressful times. This beats them all and let's keep it that way please. I do not want anything to supercede this experience in terms of stress.

And Fred, Bobby, Tommy and Oliver are sending purry hugs and meowy love to each and everyone of you. XO.

1237347t680xm00ub.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif
1237347t680xm00ub.gif

Oh, it’s all coming back to me now. Tager had to have enemas too, and when it came out, it came out. Walls, floor, ceiling (from a paw flick). It was a mess. But he felt soooo much better. Hopefully the diarrhea will stop for Fred soon and he can enjoy feeling better too.

I am so hoping everyone is turning a corner!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results