shape
carat
color
clarity

Real People Are Dying / Trump Kills

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well maybe but not sure if the title belongs entirely to me, but ya know what! I'll take it.

Tekate = queen of the liberals!
:clap::clap::clap: bowdown.gif

Last edited:
Q

Queenie60

Or stomp off when assuming something that's not there and calling out people who said nothing other than clicking a like button.

You got that right red

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, thank you for the reminder of this thread. The one where you said you'd punch - not one, but two- sexual assault survivors in the face :lol: :lol: :lol:
1589331413474.png

Wait, wasn't this thread about trump?

Liberals ... :doh:

I’ll type this slowly for you and @Calliecake since reading comprehension seems to be on back-order: I would not “punch someone in the face“ because they suffered a sexual assault, and that is not what my post stated.

If someone — regardless of their religion, race, orientation, gender, physical handicap, or any other “protected“ or un-“protected“ group or “victim status” — threatens, imprisons, assaults, accosts or commits any other act of violence toward me ... yes, I will do whatever I need to in order to protect myself. Being a “victim”, “survivor” or [Enter the Label of Your Choice] does not give “you” a special pass nor the right to victimize someone else who has not wronged you; thinking it somehow does is a great way to become a “victim“ a second time.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
While I totally applaud you, I'm not sure that other's may know what an ad hominen attack is, vs a strawman vs fallacy of argument vs red herring...

I think earlier in this thread that MTG included a link to examples but it could have been a different thread and it could have been a different poster; it's difficult for me to remember when it's a lively discussion day. https://thebestschools.org/magazine/15-logical-fallacies-know/

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How on earth does anyone read his list of names and think he is fit to be president?

I’d forgive the juvenile name-calling if he didn’t also lock children in cages, make racist innuendos against Chinese American reporters, consistently lie to the American people, put unqualified people in charge of the Coronavirus task force, threaten to withhold lifesaving medical supplies if governors didn’t kiss his behind...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d forgive the juvenile name-calling if he didn’t also lock children in cages, make racist innuendos against Chinese American reporters, consistently lie to the American people, put unqualified people in charge of the Coronavirus task force, threaten to withhold lifesaving medical supplies if governors didn’t kiss his behind...

That was a stupid remark on my part. Please know I agree with every word you wrote above @JPie.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deflect, Deflect, attack, attack, attack then deflect then cry foul and run to the moderators crying.. YUP I remember it well and watched it evolve into a crying game. :( :) :)

Her remark was made right after Christine Ford testified. That was a hard time for many women.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Liberals ... :doh:

I’ll type this slowly for you and @Calliecake since reading comprehension seems to be on back-order: I would not “punch someone in the face“ because they suffered a sexual assault, and that is not what my post stated.

If someone — regardless of their religion, race, orientation, gender, physical handicap, or any other “protected“ or un-“protected“ group or “victim status” — threatens, imprisons, assaults, accosts or commits any other act of violence toward me ... yes, I will do whatever I need to in order to protect myself. Being a “victim”, “survivor” or [Enter the Label of Your Choice] does not give “you” a special pass nor the right to victimize someone else who has not wronged you; thinking it somehow does is a great way to become a “victim“ a second time.

Oh but it's much more fun for the group to say that you were punching them because they were survivors. Defending your personal space doesn't make it any fun at all.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a stupid remark on my part. Please know I agree with every word you wrote above @JPie.

I didn’t think it was stupid at all! Legit question, but I think the answer would be unflattering for Trump’s supporters and apologists.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deflect, Deflect, attack, attack, attack then deflect then cry foul and run to the moderators crying.. YUP I remember it well and watched it evolve into a crying game. :( :) :)

Admin has repeatedly directed forum members use the “report post” button to alert them to abuses and infractions by other forum members; yet, you appear to not only advocate member defiance of those rules/directions, but also shun those who adhere to the rules/direction. That’s pretty disrespectful ... not to mention hypocritical.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right wing voters (my mother and husband are right wing voters albeit in a different country) tend to vote along party lines even if the leader of said party is a complete moron. It doesn't mean every single one of those voters is attending Trump is the centre of the Universe rallies or endorsing his psychopathic behaviour.

Does that make your family dinners very interesting??? Or that's how they vote, you don't debate it?

Hubby often gets confused about who belongs to what party. I swear I've had to correct him a zillion times that certain liberal candidates are not from the Labor party!!!!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Admin has repeatedly directed forum members use the “report post” button to alert them to abuses and infractions by other forum members; yet, you appear to not only advocate member defiance of those rules/directions, but also shun those who adhere to the rules/direction. That’s pretty disrespectful ... not to mention hypocritical.

Logical fallacies in your response: Hasty generalization; tu quoque. This is why you are such a controversial poster here. You make liberal use of logical fallacies that inflame the conversation. There is much I've learned from you about conservative points of view that has made me more introspective about my own points of view. However, when you answer this way as well as when you impune the reading comprehension of posters, the good that you have to say becomes lost in the garbage. When they go low, you should go high. Yes, I know (fill in the posters) do it and yada yada yada. You can be the bigger person and stop this carnage of words or you can continue to contribute to it. I think it would be more aggravating to your opponents if you start taking the high road and deprive them of their ammunition.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh but it's much more fun for the group to say that you were punching them because they were survivors. Defending your personal space doesn't make it any fun at all.

Again ... winner winner chicken dinner!
8AE1BD32-7A41-4649-B550-ABC55D2F73BE.gif

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is reasonable blame to be placed for the inadequate response and then there's irrational lunacy due to hate of Trump. Plenty veer into the latter on a regular basis. Someone made a joke on cable about blaming Trump for Covid response of 2 months when Obama couldn't get an operable website designed in 2 years for Obamacare. Government doesn't handle shit well much of the time and in a crisis even less so. Plenty of countries are having their own Covid problems.

I completely agree with you, being outside of the US I probably can see it clearer than people inside of it. The UK has handled the COVID - 19 response initially as badly if not worse that the US. There were and are many leaders that should be held to account for that regardless of which side of politics they sit on.

@mellowyellowgirl - these days my parents are old and have toned it down but yes when I was a child and it was Australian election time it got to the point where my parents would not be speaking to each other because my mother blamed the labour party for ruining the country and getting us into debt in much the same rhetoric that DF uses (so I've heard all his arguments my whole life) and my father who was the leader of the NSW teachers Union for central Western NSW many years ago and has always been an advocate for equality and human rights would stop talking to her.

Dad said my mothers fear the whole time I was at Sydney University was that they would turn on the news and see me being arrested chained to a building or a tree somewhere protesting..... hahahah which actually never did happen.

It was a very interesting house to grow up in. Then I married a conservative who in a somewhat comical (at least to me and my sense of irony) got a government job employed by the labour party. So his direct bosses were on the other side of the fence to his own views.... he could happily however claim to have a wife that did vote for them.

When I was a student at Sydney Uni, studying Australian literature, Blanche D'Alpuget was a writer in residence, Bob Hawke had just finished up being the Prime Minister and his political career, so he used to frequently turn up to have lunches with her. We used to call them B1 & B1 (as in the two bananas in pyjamas) because they were generally all over each other pretty well everywhere they went. I think that genuine affection, sexual chemistry and intelligent spark they had, existed right up until Bob died...

Last edited:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, I remind ALL OF YOU, act like adults or you will be put on time outs like children. Please do not use private information that users are asking you not to use, even if they posted it in the past. Be respectful.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So is the rest of the world thanks to the CCP. Countless people around the world are dying b/c China try to hide the virus till it gotten out of control.

Yes 100% true. But on the flip side of that countries that have leaders that understood the threat earlier and reacted earlier did far far better then countries like the US that did not. And countries that have a well thought out measured response to both the health and the economic crisis are also doing far far better.

You can blame China for hiding the disease and letting it spread worldwide but you cannot deny Trump is directly to blame for initially ignoring and then minimising the threat and then to blame for his disorganised chaotic tweets and responses to both the health and medical crisis and more broadly to the economic one.

Yep, China is to blame for the disease in the first place, but Trumps shambolic leadership IS directly responsible for killing more US citizens than need be.

Last edited:

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Including the wish (passed off as dark humor and accepted/justified/excused by many) for Trump supporters to drink bleach and die. That was a really special day. And then some of those same people get their panties all in a twist based on a 'tone' they don't like that is completely open to interpretation.

But sure....all you Trump people raise your hands and wave....they're just curious to understand your opinion. :roll:

I'm pretty sure @missy - the person asking the question today - wasn't wishing people would drink bleach and die. I certainly wasn't. There were certainly others of us who weren't. Don't paint me with some "all liberals" brush because of the actions of some. I don't paint all conservatives with the same brush. If I did, I wouldn't be interested in an individual conservative's perspective - I would have already made some stupid baseless assumption about it.

Really - this kind of thinking is a big part of the problem. Good ol' Newt G. started that tactic of "winning" by using media and campaigning to portray the majority of liberals, if not every one, as thinking and believing and wanting what some fringe little minority does. Now both parties do it - "all conservatives are white supremacists" - "all liberals want completely open borders and no immigration laws" - blah, blah, blah.... The result? The country divided into two camps who hate each other based on a whole lot of lies (that make certain other people a hell of a lot of money at our expense) and their elected officials who absolutely refuse to work together to advance this country in any way whatsoever.

It's an incredibly damaging view of others. Please stop.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I WISH they’d all put me on ignore! It’d probably save a few from having “MAGA-meltdowns“, especially when so many clearly have more issues than Vogue when it comes to still refusing to accept the results of an election 3 years after the fact. :doh:

What a ridiculous statement. Nobody here is "refusing to accept the results of an election." Many of us are outraged and dismayed at the continuing damage he and his administration and enablers in the Senate are continuing to do to this country, to its institutions, to its environment, and to its people, while displaying abhorrent and unethical behavior over and over again, day after day after day. We see it, we have a problem with it, and we're not going to let it go. Because we're citizens of this country, and holding our leadership responsible for what they do, and fail to do, is our responsibility as citizens.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty sure @missy - the person asking the question today - wasn't wishing people would drink bleach and die. I certainly wasn't. There were certainly others of us who weren't. Don't paint me with some "all liberals" brush because of the actions of some. I don't paint all conservatives with the same brush. If I did, I wouldn't be interested in an individual conservative's perspective - I would have already made some stupid baseless assumption about it.

Really - this kind of thinking is a big part of the problem. Good ol' Newt G. started that tactic of "winning" by using media and campaigning to portray the majority of liberals, if not every one, as thinking and believing and wanting what some fringe little minority does. Now both parties do it - "all conservatives are white supremacists" - "all liberals want completely open borders and no immigration laws" - blah, blah, blah.... The result? The country divided into two camps who hate each other based on a whole lot of lies (that make certain other people a hell of a lot of money at our expense) and their elected officials who absolutely refuse to work together to advance this country in any way whatsoever.

It's an incredibly damaging view of others. Please stop.

Why are you admonishing her and not the others in this thread for the past few pages? Why do you not tell them to stop? She didn't say "all liberals" anything. No one but DF does that and he is being facetious.

This kind of thinking? HO is loaded with this kind of thinking you are complaining about. I don't hate anyone so don't speak for me.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your opinion is none of my business/concern. And you’re welcome to place me on ignore if you dislike me or anything I post. I neither take nor intend any offense.

I have no intention of placing you on ignore. I'm not frail; I will not wilt at reading things I don't like. I will, however, continue to call you on it if you are outright bullying or nasty to other posters.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ella do you all allow people to change their user name and then no longer allow people to refer to the user by their former ID, because I do not understand what you mean by use of private information? What private information to you mean for us or me? former user names? in that case one can 'google' any username or former name and it will pop up on PS..Once out on the web it stays on the web and one can even use wayback and find info. I sure don't mind being reprimanded but privacy IS hard to come by on the web..

What I am asking is that YOU explain the statement of 'private information' as far as I know and can read, disseminate and discern, not ONE person on this thread has used 'private information' Also, please ensure that ALL people are respectful.

Folks, I remind ALL OF YOU, act like adults or you will be put on time outs like children. Please do not use private information that users are asking you not to use, even if they posted it in the past. Be respectful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results