shape
carat
color
clarity

Real People Are Dying / Trump Kills

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Read this article about some real people who worked in a hospital in Queens.and died from covid19. No one should tolerate the sham Trump is perpetrating of trying to "open" the economy. He is trying to make the sick economy look better (a Potemkin village) at the expense of the lives of American citizens, especially American workers. His invocation of he Defense Protection Act to protect the meat packing industry from its workers shows his real intentions.The rights of workers have been abridged to placate the industry owners.The workers have no union rights.The number of people dying from covid19 continues to grow in this country, yet Trump encourages states to "re-open", defying his own "guidelines" which had called for a three week decline in cases before any move to re-open (a stupid guideline from a medical point of view). Let's call a spade a spade. Trump wants to get re-elected at any cost and he doesn't care how many Americans he kills to do so.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Our country is leaderless.
The speech by Bush made me cry, reminding me when while we did not have perfect leadership we had leaders.
The very sad thing is I dont see Biden being able to lead the country either.
As much as I hate Hillary and what she would have tried to pass as far as laws she would have been a better leader than Trump during this time.
It is impossible for anyone to be any worse.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our country is leaderless.
The speech by Bush made me cry, reminding me when while we did not have perfect leadership we had leaders.
The very sad thing is I dont see Biden being able to lead the country either.
As much as I hate Hillary and what she would have tried to pass as far as laws she would have been a better leader than Trump during this time.
It is impossible for anyone to be any worse.

I do not agree with you about Joe Biden, but I was very saddened to see George W. Bush treated the way he was by Donald Trump. What kind of man rejects a call for unity in a time of national crisis?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbreaking. :(

Blood is on our government's hands. Especially Trump's hands. No question. Reprehensible. Unconscionable.

There were not enough PPEs and all the people who worked at those hospitals were not protected. Had they had masks and face shields they would probably still be alive.

What kind of man rejects a call for unity in a time of national crisis?

What kind of man indeed. He keeps showing the people who he is. Will the voters listen and will they show their displeasure at the election? #nomoreTrump #anyoneelseforPresident

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anyone please shed light on this? Why is his approval rating so high?

Though thank goodness for some rational and clear thinking.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Can anyone please shed light on this? Why is his approval rating so high?

Though thank goodness for some rational and clear thinking.

I think Gallup is an outlier. If you go to 538, he's at 43.3%. Which is still higher than it should be, lol.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. In my neck of the woods, the beach cities in So Cal, I would not be quick to blame Trump as it seems that many share his outlook and while I don’t agree with him or them, to suggest that they are all being misled would be very simplistic. These people want their beaches! Yes. Sad but true. Lots of young people, surfers, different political backgrounds, protesting and insisting on their beaches! When they opened them, over 80k showed up in one weekend with no regard for masks or social distancing. This had nothing to do with Trump. This had to do with arrogance. I really think that regions where there is little evidence of devastation is emboldening residents and the natives are getting restless. I know that is not the narrative the media shares, but I’ve seen it with my own eyes and not because I was there, but because social media. There are a lot of people who are fed up with being locked down. Some because of the economy and the fact that while the Home Depot and Costco thrive, their small business will go bankrupt. Some because they are just tired of being at home. Some bc they have been working As essentials at target and have found that they are still healthy, thereby sharing that narrative.

Then there is this example, not in my neck of the woods.

ETA: where is this contact tracing? Who is going to submit to it? Who is going to be blamed if we don’t all surrender some of our privacy to decrease the spread and go back to normal? Will we all be to blame for that one?

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. In my neck of the woods, the beach cities in So Cal, I would not be quick to blame Trump as it seems that many share his outlook and while I don’t agree with him or them, to suggest that they are all being https://www.ocregister.com/some-orange-county-restaurants-and-shops-reopen-despite-statewide-orders

Then there is this example, not in my neck of the woods.

Yes. Many people have questionable judgment. However having a leader like Trump only fuels the fire if you kwim.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Many people have questionable judgment. However having a leader like Trump only fuels the fire if you kwim.

Indeed. The reason we need laws is to protect the public from acts caused by the ignorant masses as well as by the self-serving. Who should let morons set public health policy that affects everyone?

And Trump is self-serving, not an innocent moron.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The following is from today's on-line issue of "The New York Times".

"The Trump administration projects about 3,000 daily deaths by early June.

As President Trump presses for states to reopen their economies, his administration is privately projecting a steady rise in the number of coronavirus cases and deaths over the next several weeks. The daily death toll will reach about 3,000 on June 1, according to an internal document obtained by The New York Times, nearly double the current number of about 1,750.
The projections, based on government modeling pulled together in chart form by the Federal Emergency Management Agency, forecast about 200,000 new cases each day by the end of the month, up from about 25,000 cases a day currently.
The numbers underscore a sobering reality: While the United States has been hunkered down for the past seven weeks, significant risks remain. And reopening the economy will make matters worse."

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well our very liberal governor Newsom just announced that he came to an agreement with the beach cities and their plan to reopen the beaches. I wonder what this new plan entails. He also discussed that we are ready to enter stage 2 of reopening as of Friday and the development of contact tracing.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartbreaking. :(

Blood is on our government's hands. Especially Trump's hands. No question. Reprehensible. Unconscionable.
Trump kill 20k NYers and Cuomo 0. Are you happy now?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Indeed. The reason we need laws is to protect the public from acts caused by the ignorant masses as well as by the self-serving. Who should let morons set public health policy that affects everyone?

And Trump is self-serving, not an innocent moron.
It doesn't matter what our governor or Trump say. We all have a choice to stay home till we feel is safe to go out.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It doesn't matter what our governor or Trump say. We all have a choice to stay home till we feel is safe to go out.

DF, sure individual freedom is wonderful ... usually.

But more social contact results in more of those free-roaming bodies being converted into virus factories.
This results in the exponential growth of even more factories.
This higher number of virus factories enjoying their freedom to roam results in more deaths of the most vulnerable among us (like Kenny) who only go out to buy groceries ...

Can't you see how freedom to ignore social isolation during this pandemic is beyond selfish?
It's terribly wrong, immoral actually.

What if all the freedom-loving folks just didn't bother obeying speed limits and stopping at red lights?
Driving that way is much more fun, and they'll get there faster ... unless ...

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't you see how freedom to ignore social isolation is is beyond selfish?
It's terribly wrong, immoral actually.
But on the other hand isn't it selfish of Kenny to take freedom away from other people?.. :confused: IOW, it doesn't matter if the public were 100% infected with the virus Kenny can protect himself by staying home.

Last edited:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So CA did put in place the clause to protest the elderly and at risk. I hope they have a very specific plan and actual resources for those who do not want to risk themselves.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been very impressed with Gov Andrew Cuomo and would vote for him for President in a heartbeat. I think he has shown exceptional leadership skills in this crisis, and has actually saved lives by his actions and words!

I bet even the most progressive New York liberals are thanking their lucky stars he beat Cynthia Nixon at the last election!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But on the other hand isn't it selfish of Kenny to take freedom away from other people?.. :confused: IOW, it doesn't matter if the public were 100% infected with the virus Kenny can protect himself by staying home.

... "selfish of Kenny"? Huh? :roll: :doh:

DF (and nala who liked DF's post) read my post ... "This higher number of virus factories enjoying their freedom to roam results in more deaths of the most vulnerable among us (like Kenny) who only go out to buy groceries ..."

"like Kenny" means I'm merely including myself in the group that I just mentioned ... "the most vulnerable among us".

And by, "the most vulnerable among us" I'm referring to those most likely to die if they get COVID-19.
Those over 60, and those with certain medical conditions ... and I have more than one of those.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry @Dancing Fire, I think your way of thinking in this situation is selfish. We are better as a society when we care, lookout for and help each other. I find your comments very sad at times.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Did you ever hear the English (perhaps American) saying that your right to extend your fist extends only until another person's nose begins? Think about it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
... "selfish of Kenny"? Huh? :roll: :doh:

DF (and nala who liked DF's post) read my post ... "This higher number of virus factories enjoying their freedom to roam results in more deaths of the most vulnerable among us (like Kenny) who only go out to buy groceries ..."

"like Kenny" means I'm merely including myself in the group that I just mentioned ... "the most vulnerable among us".

And by, "the most vulnerable among us" I'm referring to those most likely to die if they get COVID-19.
Those over 60, and those with certain medical conditions ... and I have more than one of those.

Kenny. You have no idea why I liked his post. Do not make assumptions about me based on my likes. If I do not reply to you directly do not assume that you know how I think. I may have liked his post for any number of reasons and last I checked, I don’t owe you any explanation. To use your words, nice try! and people vary!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes people vary, indeed ... all the way from Hitler to Gandhi. ;))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes people vary, indeed ... all the way from Hitler to Gandhi. ;))

I think you have mentioned that you live in CA. We are lucky that we have an awesome governor who had the foresight to shelter in place early on. I realize you are concerned now that he seems to be lifting the restrictions. I am very concerned as well, and will proceed with caution. I’m surrounded by beach cities that have been disregarding the masks and social distancing and as far as I’m concerned, I’m almost grateful that they are the ones testing the waters, literally and figuratively. And Newsom has been watching our numbers and still is giving the green light. All this to say that I’m going to be cautiously optimistic and wish you the best. I have plenty at-risk family members and am hoping that Newsom comes through with protection for the at-risk and with contact tracing; It will be a different matter if he disregards those two guidelines.

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
Did you ever hear the English (perhaps American) saying that your right to extend your fist extends only until another person's nose begins? Think about it.

That is referring to an intentional act. I do not believe this can apply to requiring people to give up their basic freedom, their livelihood and remain quarantined in their homes because they may pose an unknowing threat. How are we ever to get out of quarantine with this standard? Is it to be applied with every severe flu or virus That we all get locked up and unemployed or is there an acceptable number of dead people before it would be imposed? What is that number?
How would this apply to driving? Every time getting behind the wheel one could cause harm to another.

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, as an outsider looking in, the US is showing the rest of the world what not to do. And before DF or anyone else wants to argue it's all about the economy and so on, as I keep pointing out we have a conservative government in Australia as do many other places and they have done a FAR better job of balancing saving people's lives and managing the economy.....

Trump has no clue how to handle this crisis, it's been mismanaged from start to end. The saddest part for me isn't that he is an idiot that has no idea how to handle a health and economic crisis of this scale, it's that his loyal and devoted followers will re elect him again irrespective of how many innocent elderly, poor, and sick people he kills.

People in the US don't get, it they want their jobs, they are doing it tough - so is every other country out there...... this is a disease that doesn't care about employment or about poverty in fact it will kill far more poor people and elderly than anyone else.

So open your beaches, open your borders, open your restaurants and cafes and shops, but when other areas start to look like New York, the people who marched and wrote that the economy is more important than everyone else should put up their hands and accept this is what THEY wanted....

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have beaches, lots of beaches here in Australia and they shut them down. Many not happy at all but no radical “protests”, no chanting about loss of personal rights or “freedom”.
Most Australians accept that the “we”, the “all of us” is more important than the “I” or “me”.
Police enforce the rules, big fines for anyone defying the rules.
We also have less than 100 deaths.
Repeat, less than 100 deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results