clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

...and as for Murray...I wouldn't want to me up with HIM in a dark alley! Sorry, can't help myself, here I go...what a cutie wootie! I love wrinkly faces and floppy lips!

D

Deactivated member 42515

partgypsy said:
Well this isn't really a story, but kind of excited. Once over the holiday vacation I walked our dog (Chuck). I always joke about, take your pick what he is, he's a total mix, but this other walker, who had a brindled short hair dog said, look up Plott Hound. So I did, and there is defnitely something about Chuck's face, and general build, that is reminisent of a plott hound. I live in NC, and it's the state dog (I didn't know!). Definitely not pure breed because he's a smaller and hairier than pure breed, but it would explain some things. They say the plott hound is athletic and has a tendency to wander, and that totally fits him (and can also be very infuriating!). When we first got him we ending walking him twice a day, or else he would go crazy in the house. And one time a rat (big nasty one) got on our back porch. Chuck went nuts, pushed past DH to get it it, the rat bolted outside and Chuck killed it before we even knew what happened. Anyways, it makes me feel like I know him a little better, and why he was having some difficulty adjusting to suburban life. His body is dark brown, but his face and legs are brindled, with some white on chest and between toes (and now a little white on muzzle)
(repeat of Xmas picture)
Oh yay! That's always nice to know!! Chuck is a super cutie! My SIL got a puppy as a cockapoo but he's totally not a cockapoo! He looks more and more like a labradoodle each day! She's thinking about getting a test to see what he is. It's always nice to know what kind of dog you have if they act like a menace and you don't know why! :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ForteKitty|1357851043|3352418 said:
Yssie|1357836519|3352184 said:
Pictures LIE. Emily looks adorable in pictures. You know how I know they lie? IRL she's driving me UP THE WALL.

Nothing phases this dog. NOTHING. I've never seen anything like it. A firm 'NO' - the sort that *always* worked with my parents' dogs, no matter what they were getting into - doesn't dissuade her in the least. Yelling is even less effective - she doesn't even look around. If you spritz her with water she licks it off and lolls her tongue out for more. Even when it's orange-flavoured water. Even when her fountain is RIGHT THERE. She climbs baby gates with crosshatching so we changed them out to ones with straight bars, which she'll body slam repeatedly with such force that I'm afraid she'll hurt herself! She's driving the cats nuts too - they smack her across the face and she thinks they're playing and bounds back for more. The only cat she's remotely wary of - occasionally - is Gretta, which is just bizarre since she's by far the sweetest, most mild-tempered, and most sociable of the four.

She seems to be able to regulate temperature better now, so we're going to get her a coat and boots and I plan to walk her up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down our very long driveway until she's completely dead on her feet... if we're lucky maybe we'll get a couple of hours of peace and quiet.

ETA: Do they make soft teeth? I'm only half joking..

Yssie, I feel like you're describing my Monster (lobster cat). He's the cat version of Emily. Not afraid of anything, anyone, not even water. He jumps in the shower with me!

Positively diabolical :naughty:
monster_lobster.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

This is the best thread! I'll add mine too I suppose. ::) This is Einstein, he looooves a belly rub! The pictures are in succession over the span of about 5 minutes. Eventually I gave in, put the camera down and gave him a scratch. :lol: Please ignore the messy bed. :rolleyes:

I have so many favorites on here, but I LOVE the kitty on top of the refrigerator and in the crab suit! Bwhahaha

Tiny puppy = I want to scoop her up and snuggle her for days!! :love:

Mr. Pug with the fangs made me truly LOL!! :)

pleeeaaaaase.jpg

pleaase.jpg

please.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

tammy77 said:
This is the best thread! I'll add mine too I suppose. ::) This is Einstein, he looooves a belly rub! The pictures are in succession over the span of about 5 minutes. Eventually I gave in, put the camera down and gave him a scratch. :lol: Please ignore the messy bed. :rolleyes:

I have so many favorites on here, but I LOVE the kitty on top of the refrigerator and in the crab suit! Bwhahaha

Tiny puppy = I want to scoop her up and snuggle her for days!! :love:

Mr. Pug with the fangs made me truly LOL!! :)
Adorable!!! I love that stretch at the end!

Edited for pictures I never uploaded...

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

CJ2008 said:
tuffyluvr|1357763286|3351492 said:
This is the only one he hates and will not wear, which is why I couldn't get a better photo ;-)

Maybe it's just not stylish enough for him! hahaah

You're probably right... He probably detects polyester. And it needs a "jauntier" brim ;-)

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

Dax and I took a 2 hour hike earlier... Apparently he's all tuckered out from it:

He loves it when I cuddle him up under a blanket--he makes happy "mmmmrrghhh" noises when I tuck h him in

imageuploadedbytapatalk1357885636.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

minousbijoux|1357851291|3352422 said:
tuffyluvr|1357850865|3352415 said:
yssie said:
YT|1357836843|3352190 said:
yssie said:
Pictures LIE. Emily looks adorable in pictures. You know how I know they lie? IRL she's driving me UP THE WALL.

Nothing phases this dog. NOTHING. I've never seen anything like it. A firm 'NO' - the sort that *always* worked with my parents' dogs, no matter what they were getting into - doesn't dissuade her in the least. Yelling is even less effective - she doesn't even look around. If you spritz her with water she licks it off and lolls her tongue out for more. Even when it's orange-flavoured water. Even when her fountain is RIGHT THERE. She climbs baby gates with crosshatching so we changed them out to ones with straight bars, which she'll body slam repeatedly with such force that I'm afraid she'll hurt herself! She's driving the cats nuts too - they smack her across the face and she thinks they're playing and bounds back for more. The only cat she's remotely wary of - occasionally - is Gretta, which is just bizarre since she's by far the sweetest, most mild-tempered, and most sociable of the four.

She seems to be able to regulate temperature better now, so we're going to get her a coat and boots and I plan to walk her up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down our very long driveway until she's completely dead on her feet... if we're lucky maybe we'll get a couple of hours of peace and quiet.
Oh my! This post cracked me up! How old is Emily? Do I remember you saying you were going to get a puppy?

Little devil's 8 weeks, she's growing like a weed and the difference in coordination since we got her last week is remarkable! I've only posted a handful of pics here and there but no thread - I was hoping to save the thread for interspecies cuddles but said species aren't cooperating :sick:

Garett will perch on the edge of the coffee table and when she walks by he'll pause whatever he's doing, swipe her, and resume. No fuss, no provocation. She doesn't care at all - doesn't even seem to notice. You'd think at some point she'd go huh, every time I'm under that cat on that table I get whacked in the face, maybe I should go around... maybe it's some sort of bonding ritual?

Edit - okay, can't resist! Copied a couple over -

e1.png
emilyps3_0.png

SQUEEEEE!!!! Gimme!

I know!! Me too! so cutem wootems, little roly poly furball. I love your description of the magic table you have. She's so little, she probably now thinks that that whats tables do - they swipe at you as you go by :lol:

Aww, minous, thank you ::)
The frustration was more real than I care to admit but your post melted my crotchety old heart :)) a reminder that she really is... she's just a baby.

emeraldluvr

Rough_Rock

Awwwww how precious! Thanks for sharing these wonderful pictures.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

Best. Thread. Ever.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww, c'mon, Yssie - even the meanest heart in the World would be melted by that face and that little fuzzy round furball! That face is saying: "Mommy, I'm really trying, I really am... :praise: "

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

I'm back with some stories and more pictures!

Layla is my first dog, I got her from a rescue shelter in North Jersey. We went to the shelter just wanting to look at some kittens with absolutely no intentions of even looking at the dogs. At the last minute, my husband asked if I just wanted to take a look and so we went to see the dogs. Layla was in the last "cell" on the right. I remember seeing her for the first time, looking so terribly sad, curled up in a corner. When they let her out, she wouldn't leave my side. I knew she had to be mine. That day we started the paperwork on the adoption process. We have been best friends ever since. She has been nothing but an amazing addition to my life :love: My family loves her and my nephews like her more than they like me ;-) She was 8 months old when we first got her and she is now 5! Layla LOVES to snuggle very closely to anyone willing to snuggle with her. She loves her purple sheep toy and enjoys sleeping with it in her mouth. She loves anyone who is willing to pet her and give her a belly rub. She also enjoys howling when she hears peoples voices outside. She is extremely sweet tempered but don't let that completely fool you. If she meets an overly aggressive and in your face dog, she stands her ground and could really kick some serious ass. Only if she has to. Otherwise, she is extremely calm and laid back. She lived with my husband and I for quite some time until school became very hectic for me and I needed to have her live with my parents while I finished school. While there, Layla got SPOILED to the max. My parents baby her like it is nobodies business and there are some behaviors she has picked up on that drive me INSANE. Since I'm now finished with school, I decided to take her back to my home in NJ.

Enter Pumbaa.

We decided to get a second dog so that Layla would have a companion. Originally, we were going to get a toy poodle. However, when I met a few of them, they just weren't doing it for me. I wasn't connecting with them in any way at all. And then I saw Pumbaa. When he was taken out of his crate, I instantly fell in love and we knew very quickly that we belonged together. I have wanted an English Bulldog since I was a kid. Pumbaa was 3 months old when we got him and a real terror :bigsmile: Pumbaa LOVES to sleep, drink endless amounts of water, hump girls, EAT, hump Layla, steal her toys, TRY to boss me around, follow me everywhere, facial massages, belly rubs, following Layla's lead when she barks at voices she hears outside, chew on my husbands shoes, sleep in his gigantic bed, cry for attention when he wants it, lick peoples face, and poop.....a lot. Simply put: he is a character, that is for damn sure. He is at the vet right now getting neutered. He gets along well with other dogs and really loves people. He is well socialized when it comes to that. We are still in the process of training him, so he does have accidents in the house still but he is getting better. Oh ya, did I mention how smart this dog is?!?! I didn't expect this breed to be so smart because I've heard that they're kind of dumb. Not Pumbaa!

Unfortunately, I am having some problems with both dogs. They get along fine (read Layla ignores him) except when it comes to toys. Layla is SO territorial!! Like I said, she holds her ground if she needs to and when Pumbaa was smaller, she would beat up on him if he came near her toys. Now, though, Pumbaa is getting stronger every single day and fights back and it causes some scary fights that I really don't feel comfortable seeing/dealing with. Pumbaa is obviously very playful and means well but Layla wants nothing to do with him and just gets annoyed with his behavior. Pumbaa also gets very jealous. For example, normally when I come home from work I sit down on the couch and would let Layla hop up and say hi to me. Not so much anymore. Mainly because Pumbaa won't let her near me when I get home until he says hi to me first. I'm actually SHOCKED that we got him to sleep in his dog bed since Layla still sleeps in our bed with us.

I'm getting a trainer. I found a really good one and I'm excited for what is in store for them. I desperately want things to work and I don't know how much more patience I have left for the fighting over toys. :errrr:

screen_shot_2013-01-11_at_3.png

741060_10101274265089423_600115263_o.jpg

400288_10151331132533628_377929878_n.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh no, AN, I hope the trainer can help!! That sounds so stressful - I'd have a really hard time dealing with pets fighting too, I'd be a nervous wreck worrying about injuries :sick:

Pumbaa's still so young though, he'll calm down a LOT as he gets older and hopefully Layla won't spend so much time annoyed with him! Hopefully the trainer can help make the peace now ::) he's adorable!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Autumn, I would have a very hard time staying mad at either one of those faces ;))

SCrane

Rough_Rock

This is Wrigley. He's 8 months old and 93 pounds. He is as wild as they come. He has eaten two holes in my walls, ate the screen out of our screen porch, dug up all of the landscape lighting, eaten all of the flowering shrubs and bushes, dug up and ate the wiring for his invisible fence and destroyed so many other items that they are too numerous to count. He also likes to dig... Our yard has dozens of holes now that are about 6 inches deep by 12 inches across. He might possibly be the most destructive dog on the planet but he is as sweet and loving as he is large.

img_1477.jpg img_1476_0.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Autumnovember|1357934849|3353254 said:

Unfortunately, I am having some problems with both dogs. They get along fine (read Layla ignores him) except when it comes to toys. Layla is SO territorial!! Like I said, she holds her ground if she needs to and when Pumbaa was smaller, she would beat up on him if he came near her toys. Now, though, Pumbaa is getting stronger every single day and fights back and it causes some scary fights that I really don't feel comfortable seeing/dealing with. Pumbaa is obviously very playful and means well but Layla wants nothing to do with him and just gets annoyed with his behavior. Pumbaa also gets very jealous. For example, normally when I come home from work I sit down on the couch and would let Layla hop up and say hi to me. Not so much anymore. Mainly because Pumbaa won't let her near me when I get home until he says hi to me first. I'm actually SHOCKED that we got him to sleep in his dog bed since Layla still sleeps in our bed with us.

I'm getting a trainer. I found a really good one and I'm excited for what is in store for them. I desperately want things to work and I don't know how much more patience I have left for the fighting over toys. :errrr:

A trainer or behaviorist can definitely help you with that. The first month is sometimes stressful while the dogs work out their place in the pack. Especially when you have a puppy that hasn't been trained.

Once you understand how to speak "dog", it gets much easier and your consistency calms the dogs and allows them to coexist without anxiety. Learning to speak dog means that you understand how dogs interact and what their dog language means. Here's a great article from our rescue to help you understand some of the conflicts between your dogs:
http://www.twodogfarms.com/uploads/2DogsDealingwithapack.pdf
This was written by the founder who has 11 dogs successfully living together, along with cats and many farm animals! :)

Regarding the toys - when we bring new dogs together we only allow toys and food while the dogs are supervised. *I* own the toys and allow them to play with them, the toys do not belong to them. Once they try to steal each other's toys or try to start a fight, all the toys are taken away. They learn to play nice in order to get to play with toys.

Pumbaa is "resource guarding" you which means that he's guarding a valuable resource and doesn't want other dogs near you. He should not be allowed to do that. It's fine if he ends up being the alpha and wants to be greeted first, but I don't allow my dogs to "guard" me. I'm sure your trainer will help you on this, but here's a good article: http://becomeaprofessionaldogtrainer.com/articles/training-behavior/owner-guarding-by-dogs/

We had a rough first month with our two even following all the "best practices", so hang in there and try to stay calm around them. Cocktails definitely helped! ;-) It gets better!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

I just wanted to come back and post some pics of my furbabies from tonight, as they were being especially cute :bigsmile: Oh, ok...they're especially cute every day, but I still wanted to share! :love:

Peanut (AKA Butter Bean) and Tinkerbell (AKA Tinkies) - my little (and not so little) Maine Coons!

_3025.jpg

tinkstretch.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

SCrane said:
This is Wrigley. He's 8 months old and 93 pounds. He is as wild as they come. He has eaten two holes in my walls, ate the screen out of our screen porch, dug up all of the landscape lighting, eaten all of the flowering shrubs and bushes, dug up and ate the wiring for his invisible fence and destroyed so many other items that they are too numerous to count. He also likes to dig... Our yard has dozens of holes now that are about 6 inches deep by 12 inches across. He might possibly be the most destructive dog on the planet but he is as sweet and loving as he is large.

img_1477.jpg img_1476_0.jpg
Awe! He sounds like a complete angel! Hehe cute!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Lil Misfit said:
I just wanted to come back and post some pics of my furbabies from tonight, as they were being especially cute :bigsmile: Oh, ok...they're especially cute every day, but I still wanted to share! :love:

Peanut (AKA Butter Bean) and Tinkerbell (AKA Tinkies) - my little (and not so little) Maine Coons!
Beautiful cats!! I love the way they look!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Autumnovember said:

Layla is my first dog, I got her from a rescue shelter in North Jersey. We went to the shelter just wanting to look at some kittens with absolutely no intentions of even looking at the dogs. At the last minute, my husband asked if I just wanted to take a look and so we went to see the dogs. Layla was in the last "cell" on the right. I remember seeing her for the first time, looking so terribly sad, curled up in a corner. When they let her out, she wouldn't leave my side. I knew she had to be mine. That day we started the paperwork on the adoption process. We have been best friends ever since. She has been nothing but an amazing addition to my life :love: My family loves her and my nephews like her more than they like me ;-) She was 8 months old when we first got her and she is now 5! Layla LOVES to snuggle very closely to anyone willing to snuggle with her. She loves her purple sheep toy and enjoys sleeping with it in her mouth. She loves anyone who is willing to pet her and give her a belly rub. She also enjoys howling when she hears peoples voices outside. She is extremely sweet tempered but don't let that completely fool you. If she meets an overly aggressive and in your face dog, she stands her ground and could really kick some serious a$$. Only if she has to. Otherwise, she is extremely calm and laid back. She lived with my husband and I for quite some time until school became very hectic for me and I needed to have her live with my parents while I finished school. While there, Layla got SPOILED to the max. My parents baby her like it is nobodies business and there are some behaviors she has picked up on that drive me INSANE. Since I'm now finished with school, I decided to take her back to my home in NJ.

Enter Pumbaa.

We decided to get a second dog so that Layla would have a companion. Originally, we were going to get a toy poodle. However, when I met a few of them, they just weren't doing it for me. I wasn't connecting with them in any way at all. And then I saw Pumbaa. When he was taken out of his crate, I instantly fell in love and we knew very quickly that we belonged together. I have wanted an English Bulldog since I was a kid. Pumbaa was 3 months old when we got him and a real terror :bigsmile: Pumbaa LOVES to sleep, drink endless amounts of water, hump girls, EAT, hump Layla, steal her toys, TRY to boss me around, follow me everywhere, facial massages, belly rubs, following Layla's lead when she barks at voices she hears outside, chew on my husbands shoes, sleep in his gigantic bed, cry for attention when he wants it, lick peoples face, and poop.....a lot. Simply put: he is a character, that is for damn sure. He is at the vet right now getting neutered. He gets along well with other dogs and really loves people. He is well socialized when it comes to that. We are still in the process of training him, so he does have accidents in the house still but he is getting better. Oh ya, did I mention how smart this dog is?!?! I didn't expect this breed to be so smart because I've heard that they're kind of dumb. Not Pumbaa!

I'm sorry about your dogs autumnovember... I kinda know what you mean. My dogs don't seem as harsh as your's but one hates to play and the other loves it. And then they end up fighting. DH accidentally got in between them one time and almost got his finger chomped off. It's a stressful environment... You love them both very much and of course you want them to get along. I really hope this trainer is good for you!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock

I always hear horror stories about Labs and their chewing, but *knock on wood* we got the sweetest, most eager-to-please lab in the world! We have to watch him with toys because his strong jaws almost always rip them even if he doesnt mean to, but thankfully he has NEVER chewed anything he's not supposed to. Here are pictures from the first night we got him - Onyx the Lab was only smaller than Pickle the Pug for about three days. Pickle was and is the total boss of the bigdog, and Pickle was NOT happy when we first brought Onyx home as you can see in the first photo! But now they're best friends.

pickle_attack_.jpg

_3029.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

fabulousfindk said:
I always hear horror stories about Labs and their chewing, but *knock on wood* we got the sweetest, most eager-to-please lab in the world! We have to watch him with toys because his strong jaws almost always rip them even if he doesnt mean to, but thankfully he has NEVER chewed anything he's not supposed to. Here are pictures from the first night we got him - Onyx the Lab was only smaller than Pickle the Pug for about three days. Pickle was and is the total boss of the bigdog, and Pickle was NOT happy when we first brought Onyx home as you can see in the first photo! But now they're best friends.
Hahahaha! I am loving the first picture! It's there moment right before Pickle slaps Onyx in the face! Kapow! So funny! And then the second picture is soooo adorable! Do they have a love hate relationship? I know my dogs do!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock

It's so funny, but the big dog completely follows the little one around, and the little one "bosses" the big one around as much as possible. When someone knocks on the door, Pickle herds Onyx to his crate as if it's his job to make him stay put. I need to get video of it as well as Onyx ripping off the paper towel for Pickle to destroy. They're a team! I'm totally in denial that they won't ever not be around. I told my SO the other day that I swear I love my dogs more than any person ever loved a dog in the history of the world, and he said "I'm sure that all good pet owners feel that way." :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

fabulousfindk said:
It's so funny, but the big dog completely follows the little one around, and the little one "bosses" the big one around as much as possible. When someone knocks on the door, Pickle herds Onyx to his crate as if it's his job to make him stay put. I need to get video of it as well as Onyx ripping off the paper towel for Pickle to destroy. They're a team! I'm totally in denial that they won't ever not be around. I told my SO the other day that I swear I love my dogs more than any person ever loved a dog in the history of the world, and he said "I'm sure that all good pet owners feel that way." :love:
That's what I say to my DH and he says the same thing your SO says! I tried to watched Frankenweenie the other day and I couldn't. I was sobbing the whole time. I had to stop it. I have panic attacks when I think about losing my baby girls. Ok, even right now I'm freaking out writing this.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is Heidi, a Shepard mix rescue. She is five years old and my bestest buddy. Like some other stories, she was the puppy hiding in the corner, but somehow, DD1 recognized that she needed to come home with us. She's been my shadow ever since, and such a good girl.
2012-05-15_13.jpg

Here is Heidi's feline brother, Hunter, aka, Mr. Skittles. He's our pretty boy, about four years old, and another rescue. He was the kitty reaching out of the cage to say: Take me home!!! He does not care to have his picture taken, though, so I had to climb under the bed to get it:
2012-05-15_13_0.jpg

And here is our latest addition, Rosie. She is a three year old toy poodle. We found her at a local small dog rescue, but really, she chose us, or rather, my 14 year old daughter, who she loves more than any one, but if DD2 isn't around, she's happy to sit on any one's lap.
2012-07-20_11.jpg

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock

It's just unimaginable. They're my first pets. I could just sit in a bare room with them all day - just watching them makes me happy! Especially Pickle.. we've gone through three almost-death experiences together and he will forever have a special piece of my heart. Glad to know I'm not alone in my craziness. :twirl:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium

FabulousFindK those are the cutest pics of the two dogs! Hopefully they will always be buddies. Lab, lab mixes can be kind of destructive (they like to chew the first year, and also the one we had had a rebellious adolescent stage. But after that I wouldn't be surprised if Onyx let the pug be the top dog, they can be pretty laid back once they are done with their growing.

I love all the pictures!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'll add a couple of mine - "Grey" aka "Buddy" (original names, I know...) was a stray we adopted last fall off our deck. Turns out he is an older cat, so that made me feel even better about bringing him in. Based on his behavior he likely belonged to someone, but he's pretty happy (and spoiled!) at our house now! The second one is my baby, "Wink" - she was my first cat ever, and passed away in Dec 2011 at the age of 17. I have 3 more, but I can't find good pics of them right now! >^..^<

img_2261.jpg

img_461.jpg

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ok I found more! A couple of them have passed away, as some of these pics are several years old. But they all hold a special place in my heart. :)

img_462.jpg

img_1939.jpg

img_4638.jpg

img_0144.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Love that Pickle the Pug. Murry is bossy with Labs too, well with all dogs bigger than him really.
This is Squigi, who we lost three years ago at age 17

squigilaundry.jpg

squigilaundry2.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results