clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

YT, thank you! We fur parents do what we have to, to get a picture, right? The world wouldn't know I have a cat, if I didn't. I actually do have some decent pictures of him, but not on this computer, and I still have a phobia about figuring out how to post a picture on PS, I'm not sure how I managed just the other day!

All the babies on here are too cute. But, Murry...am I the only one who thinks he looks like ET with that coat/hood on?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

Oh my! I love this thread! SO many cuties. :)

Here is one of Elmo, happily covered in pecan tassles.

A few days ago he figured out how to escape from the back yard from watching Tiny too many times scale the pergola posts on to the roof. While I thought that was pretty impressive for a 15lb cat to do, he was gone for hours and we searched the neighborhood for an hour and a half in the dark with a flashlight, then left the gate open for him. At 5am I checked my studio and he had made it back. Now, he's "grounded" at night and we're going to get his fuzzy butt microchipped just like we did Tiny. :angryfire:

elmopecan.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, but the stories his fuzzy butt can tell and the adventures he had!

Elmo, what were you doing with those pecan tassles anyway?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

minousbijoux|1358371048|3357164 said:
Oh, but the stories his fuzzy butt can tell and the adventures he had!

Elmo, what were you doing with those pecan tassles anyway?

He's always loved rolling in them... But cleaning him up from his indulgence is another story altogether! :lol:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Pain in my ass. Guess who decided to throw a party while mommy wasn't home. She also got into her bag of Texas toothpicks. Lets hope she shared with her sister at least.
And this picture is just a quarter of it...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1358404937.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

YT|1358402123|3357567 said:
Pain in my a$$. Guess who decided to throw a party while mommy wasn't home. She also got into her bag of Texas toothpicks. Lets hope she shared with her sister at least.

Oh my!!!! :lol:

Reminds me of some of the things I used to find when I'd go over to my mom's when one of her dogs was still new and I was cartaker for the day. Entire rolls of paper towels shredded on the kitchen floor....boxes of Kleenex shredded...looked like a snowstorm inside the house. :devil:

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Our little buddy decided to take a nap with a few of his friends.

naturedisguise.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock

cygnet|1358459787|3358104 said:
Our little buddy decided to take a nap with a few of his friends.

naturedisguise.jpg

He's a Shiba, right? (Sorry- major cat person here...) I love Shiba's personalities!

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

bastetcat|1358462026|3358145 said:
He's a Shiba, right? (Sorry- major cat person here...) I love Shiba's personalities!

Yes! He's a 7 month old Shiba puppy. I love their personalities, too! Actually, I am a cat person and SO is a dog person, so we compromised by getting a Shiba. I always joke that having a Shiba is like owning a cat that actually likes you. :wink2: He's lots of fun and sometimes trouble...

Here he is after killing his first duck (he was so proud of himself-- he carried around that duck head for days until I took it away from him):
grant1.jpg

And here he is back when he was just a baby troublemaker:
grant2.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Shibas are so darn adorable! I volunteer with a rescue that has similar dogs, korean jindos - they're like a slightly larger cousin! :) So cute!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ahh! That baby picture! Ball o' fluff!!!! So cute!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Badunkadunk!!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1358532176.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pain in my a$$. Guess who decided to throw a party while mommy wasn't home. She also got into her bag of Texas toothpicks. Lets hope she shared with her sister at least.

You know, YT, you should not be so quick to judge! For all you know, those papers and things were ATTACKING your house! If not for the actions of your furbaby, who knows what would be left?!! :roll: :wink2: Really, don't you think you should be THANKING her? :naughty:

D

Deactivated member 42515

minousbijoux said:

You know, YT, you should not be so quick to judge! For all you know, those papers and things were ATTACKING your house! If not for the actions of your furbaby, who knows what would be left?!! :roll: :wink2: Really, don't you think you should be THANKING her? :naughty:
Wow, I never thought of it that way. Thank you for opening my eyes, minousbijoux! I could have came home to a house torn down by these heathens!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Webdiva - I'm here to report back!

So, the dog trainer came and basically said everything that you did.

Regarding the toys, I'm following your instructions carefully and so far it's working and it seems that they are being more respectful of each other.

The dog trainer came up with a game plan for the bulldog; we'll be training him basic commands first. From there, we'll see if I need to continue with the dog trainer or if it's something I'll be able to fully take over on my own.

Right now, I am teaching him that he needs to be calm before I say hello to him when I come home. I do not pet him or acknowledge him until he stops jumping all over me. He is getting progressively better.

I'm also teaching him to STAY put when I am petting the other dog. He used to come over and jump on her if I was giving her attention. Now, I make him sit while she is being pet, then I call him name, and I pet him.

Another thing we need to work on is his behavior with other dogs. I know he is just a puppy and gets excited/wants to play when he sees another dog but he needs to really learn his manners. I think part of that is knowing all of the basic commands first.

Thanks so much for your suggestions, they have really helped!!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

The destruction at the YT residence. Another scene of the crime. This time she got a bag of bread off of the counter (didn't even think she could reach it!) and ripped the bag open and ate all the contents. She also proceeded to pull paper and the iPad box out of the shelves and rip them to shreds...

The blur of fur isn't even the culprit. The culprit was sitting in the corner thinking about what she did. Emma on the other hand was very very excited Livi was getting reprimanded. Hence the blur...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1359140412.jpg

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock

Finally got word today that Gatsby's girlfriend is pregnant for sure! Puppies are due the week of Feb. 20th. I'm so excited :)

This guy is gonna be a daddy!!

dsc_0643.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

jazzoboe said:
Finally got word today that Gatsby's girlfriend is pregnant for sure! Puppies are due the week of Feb. 20th. I'm so excited :)

This guy is gonna be a daddy!!
Oh my!!! He's so beautiful!!! I've always always wanted a golden retriever!! You've gotta share puppy pictures when they are here! So that I can imagine that one of them is mine!

Don't tell Livi or Emma, well, livi I am mad at... So don't tell Emma :)

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

There are too many cuties on this thread, but hands down I'm in love with the Shiba puppy. I want one! :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cygnet, I've never seen Shibas before. They're beautiful! I LOVE the puppy pic! He totally looks like a stuffed animal.

Our male cat is driving me crazy lately. We've been pretty lucky up til now that neither of them (we have 2) have been that interested in jumping on the kitchen counters. Lately though, I've caught him up there, and I even caught him stealing a bit of stir fry beef off my husband's plate before he could get to it. The cat ran under the dining table with the food and growled at anyone daring enough to go after it. He's so naughty and I'm not sure what to do.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

I have never seen a Shiba before either. But, oh my, that puppy picture just made me melt! :love:

As far as stories go, our Tinkie was sitting on the side of the chaise part of our sectional (like the back part of the couch) sleeping the other night. She must have been sound asleep, because I touched her to let her know it was time for bed and I startled so bad she fell of the couch! :lol: Luckily, she landed on her feet, so no harm. The look on her face was priceless, though, and I could.not.stop.laughing. LOL
Even now, when I think about it I break out in uncontrollable giggles! :lol:

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

Our smaller cat is Mittens she's going to be 2 this year and the cow looking one is Spunk and he'll be 4. One greets me when I've finished my homework, the other tries to prevent me from doing my homework :nono:

644172_551367668636_1985379802_n.jpg 60892_556881693486_442005783_n.jpg trouble.jpg

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock

Hi All,

Just thought I would add my new bundle of joy to your thread. Coco is 12 weeks and we are not quite sure what she is! We adopted her from a local animal rescue and her mom was a beagle though we feel she must have taken after daddy. Our best guess is that she may have some Pomeranian or Terrier in her but those that have seen her insist they see golden retriever too.
We are still working on potty training and this was taken on a rainy day when she would rather go potty at home than get wet outside! She is certainly a bit sassy but we love her anyway!

_3302.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cocoa is adorable, and she's so pretty, Hospatogi!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my good gosh Hospatogi, she is absolutely adorable!!! :love: :love: :love:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Oh my, what a little cutie Coco is! :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

Ahhh! Coco! You are soooo adorable!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I swear, they have to be cute to withstand potty training or we'd boot them out! But Coco, oh so cute! Coco, you'll never have to sleep outside will you, you cutie wootie!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Uh, I meant Coco above, not the type you drink. :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

04diamond<3|1359173905|3363904 said:
Our smaller cat is Mittens she's going to be 2 this year and the cow looking one is Spunk and he'll be 4. One greets me when I've finished my homework, the other tries to prevent me from doing my homework :nono:

Aw, they're so sweet 04diamond<3!!! I love Spunk's coloring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results