VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

Does NOT taste like chicken

squigisoup.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Murry was once a noble statesdog, here posing for his portrait for a coin, but a scandal about drug use in his teens ended that.

murryobverse.jpg

ididntinhale.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

KaeKae|1358019499|3353981 said:
This is Heidi, a Shepard mix rescue. She is five years old and my bestest buddy. Like some other stories, she was the puppy hiding in the corner, but somehow, DD1 recognized that she needed to come home with us. She's been my shadow ever since, and such a good girl.
2012-05-15_13.jpg

Here is Heidi's feline brother, Hunter, aka, Mr. Skittles. He's our pretty boy, about four years old, and another rescue. He was the kitty reaching out of the cage to say: Take me home!!! He does not care to have his picture taken, though, so I had to climb under the bed to get it:
2012-05-15_13_0.jpg

And here is our latest addition, Rosie. She is a three year old toy poodle. We found her at a local small dog rescue, but really, she chose us, or rather, my 14 year old daughter, who she loves more than any one, but if DD2 isn't around, she's happy to sit on any one's lap.
2012-07-20_11.jpg
Aww your furbabies are adorable!!

I love that you went all the way with climbing under the bed to get a picture!

D

Deactivated member 42515

ecf8503|1358025200|3354022 said:
Ok I found more! A couple of them have passed away, as some of these pics are several years old. But they all hold a special place in my heart. :)
Beautiful cats! I'm sorry you have lost some. But I'm sure they were very very happy with you!

D

Deactivated member 42515

VapidLapid|1358028714|3354052 said:
Does NOT taste like chicken
Awww, he was such a cutie! Makes me sad... :cry:

D

Deactivated member 42515

VapidLapid|1358028919|3354053 said:
Murry was once a noble statesdog, here posing for his portrait for a coin, but a scandal about drug use in his teens ended that.
AHHHHhahahahahha! Hilarious! :appl:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

After Murry's career ending disgrace he considered working freelance as a Superhero, but never found a catchphrase or market that was distinctively his; there are a lot of SuperPoopers in NYC. He did have a nice costume though.

murrysuit2.jpg

murrycoy.jpg

murrysuit1.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

VapidLapid|1358042705|3354211 said:
After Murry's career ending disgrace he considered working freelance as a Superhero, but never found a catchphrase or market that was distinctively his; there are a lot of SuperPoopers in NYC. He did have a nice costume though.

Best looking pug I have ever seen in my life!

WebDiva - Thank you so much for the links to the articles. I read both of them. Still having a hard time figuring out which one is supposed to be the Alpha/Omega. This is because both dogs have characteristics of both. I think the dog trainer is the best bet at this point.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vapid - LOL! Goodness, Murry's a handsome fellow :love:

D

Deactivated member 42515

I don't know if I ever posted these baby pictures of the girls

LIVI- The very first day we got her

17945_1354500500633_1175047414_1119668_272630_n.jpg

image__2_4.jpeg

image__3_1.jpeg

photo__7_5.jpg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock

Well I wouldn't call him handsome, but there is something about him...mind you, I've always liked a natty dresser.

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Autumnovember|1358042860|3354214 said:

WebDiva - Thank you so much for the links to the articles. I read both of them. Still having a hard time figuring out which one is supposed to be the Alpha/Omega. This is because both dogs have characteristics of both. I think the dog trainer is the best bet at this point.

Dog trainer or behaviorist is definitely the way to go! :) They'll probably spend the first little while observing the dogs and your family. Regarding position - your dogs may not have worked out their hierarchy yet. The relationship may also change as one dog settles in and gains confidence.

Definitely make sure you feel comfortable with the dog trainer. Even though a trainer may have been recommended to you, they may not fit with your family. If they do, fantastic! If they don't, don't feel bad about moving onto someone else. We preferred the second trainer we worked with.

If you feel comfortable, post up a video of their interactions and perhaps some of us can provide some insight while you're waiting for the trainer.

D

Deactivated member 42515

EMMA

Before this was taken, Emma had a little poopy accident which explains the stain in the carpet :)

n10721753_36717100_6572.jpg

babies.jpg

emma.jpg

emma_baby_face.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

webdiva|1358044357|3354232 said:
Autumnovember|1358042860|3354214 said:

Dog trainer or behaviorist is definitely the way to go! :) They'll probably spend the first little while observing the dogs and your family. Regarding position - your dogs may not have worked out their hierarchy yet. The relationship may also change as one dog settles in and gains confidence.

Definitely make sure you feel comfortable with the dog trainer. Even though a trainer may have been recommended to you, they may not fit with your family. If they do, fantastic! If they don't, don't feel bad about moving onto someone else. We preferred the second trainer we worked with.

If you feel comfortable, post up a video of their interactions and perhaps some of us can provide some insight while you're waiting for the trainer.

Great idea! I will have to take some over the next week. I'll show you what its like when I come home from work, feeding time, and playing time. Thankfully, the bulldog loves sleeping in his bed and has no issue with Layla being in bed. He does however, have a problem if she is allowed on the couch and he isn't. So right now I let them both on it :oops:

The trainer seemed great on the phone and he should be coming by on Tuesday to observe them. He was very clear in telling me that if I do not think he fits well with us not to force it. He sounds/looks/acts like Caesar Milan :bigsmile: And he is from Peru. :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Love the pics!

Yssie, what kind of dog is Emily? She's gorgeous!

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock

Can I just say, I heart Murry.

My Pickle is definitely not a supermodel pug. He's also very small- we got the bug-eyed runt of the litter, but I'm not complaining one bit!

Also don't you love dogs with a "sense of humor" that don't mind being dressed up?? Behold:

pickle.jpg

76703_3454261295079_1678407554_n.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

Pickle is adorable! I think pugs like to dress up, but they want us to think it is just the greatest indignity.

bluu76

Rough_Rock

Our handsome poodle, Scruffy!

img_2455.jpg

D

Deactivated member 42515

bluu76 said:

img_2455.jpg
I LOVE Scruffy!!! Sooo adorable!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fabulousfindk: I love Pickle!!! :love: She is so cute! And a good sport too!

YT: Your dogs are so, so sweet!!! They're gorgeous!

bluu76: Scruffy is adorable!!! I want to reach into the pic and snuggle with him!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

They're all so adorable! I love Murry & Pickle. My grandmother had pugs (whom she spoiled terribly) & they bring back happy memories. VL, Murry looks like he's applying for a job on the bomb squad -- NYC has a very good one.

Getting something from a drawer this a.m. I found this pic which I'd forgotten about. It's Buck, who died in May at 14, when he was about 9 months old (I can tell he hadn't grown into his ears yet) -- very satisfied with a job well done; isn't this what kleenex is for?

aaahhh.jpg

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock

Awww, JF - love that pic of Buck! How cute! And typically naughty of husky puppies! :naughty:

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock

Oh, I LOVE Scruffy - and his name!

Buck was beautiful. Huskies are just so handsome.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

bluu76 said:

img_2455.jpg

Very sweet! Is he a phantom poodle?

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock

My random story of the day:
Dax has acquired a new nickname: Mr Skids...

I let Dax out in the backyard, then got back in bed because it was so cold. Dax came back inside and came into the bedroom to visit me. I invited him into the bed for a cuddle an he jumped up and sat, rather than laying down. When he got off the bed I noticed a suspicious stain. I was hoping it was mud, but unfortunately my nose let me know that it was not mud, rather, a skid mark on our duvet cover. Off to wash the bedding (again!)...

D

Deactivated member 42515

tuffyluvr said:
My random story of the day:
Dax has acquired a new nickname: Mr Skids...

I let Dax out in the backyard, then got back in bed because it was so cold. Dax came back inside and came into the bedroom to visit me. I invited him into the bed for a cuddle an he jumped up and sat, rather than laying down. When he got off the bed I noticed a suspicious stain. I was hoping it was mud, but unfortunately my nose let me know that it was not mud, rather, a skid mark on our duvet cover. Off to wash the bedding (again!)...
Hahahahahaha!!! My crack up of the day!!! Oh Dax...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Zoe|1358108803|3354737 said:
Love the pics!

Aww thank you Zoe!! Her mum is clearly part shepherd, and we think dad might have been a pitt...

We're going to get a trainer in to help us w/ acclimating dog and cats - that'll be next week's adventure ::)

bluu76

Rough_Rock

YT|1358117226|3354854 said:
bluu76 said:

I LOVE Scruffy!!! Sooo adorable!!!

junebug17 said:
by junebug17 » 13 Jan 2013 16:49
Fabulousfindk: I love Pickle!!! She is so cute! And a good sport too!

YT: Your dogs are so, so sweet!!! They're gorgeous!

bluu76: Scruffy is adorable!!! I want to reach into the pic and snuggle with him!

Thanks, ladies!

tuffyluvr said:
bluu76 said:

img_2455.jpg

Very sweet! Is he a phantom poodle?

I totally had to google what that was. No, he is actually half toy and half miniature poodle. The color on his face is from the sun coming through the window, but is actually all black. This was taken in the winter when we grow out his hair a bit.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1358196362|3355443 said:
Zoe|1358108803|3354737 said:
Love the pics!

Aww thank you Zoe!! Her mum is clearly part shepherd, and we think dad might have been a pitt...

We're going to get a trainer in to help us w/ acclimating dog and cats - that'll be next week's adventure ::)

Thanks for letting me know. I thought she was a mix of some sort but I couldn't tell what breeds. I love that last picture, the one right before she toppled over. She looks so sleepy. She's so sweet!

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock

YT I absolutely love the baby pics of your girls, they're adorable! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results