shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers helped find my diamond, now lets find a setting!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is the Adwar cast from the 1910 site and from the link I posted above -- http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/22658L/view

The thing with adwar is that the vendor would set the melee so you can get nicer quality melee and possible better setting job too. Note that Chi-amiGal asked adwar not to set stones along the undergallery on her ring, I am sure that is something you can request too if you want.

Can you send this link to GOG as see what they say?

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
This is what I got from WF

PRICING: Without Purchase of Diamond
18K: $ 1,825.00
PLAT: $ 2,225.00
Approx CTW: .40ctw aca diamonds

It is slightly above my budget but for the right setting, I will figure something out!

I spoke for 25 minutes with wink at HPD. His numbers were good.

As far as the date in mind for a proposal. It wasn''t going to be for awhile but after I found the Octavia, I needed to get a personal loan from my credit union to cover me until I get the money for it in a couple months. (mentioned earlier I have a coaching job that I get paid in the fall/winter..that is set aside for the ring). Well when I was getting this loan I didn''t realize that it would be posted in the banks online portal. We share the bank account so now if she were to log in, she would see the loan and ask "Babe, what is this loan for $XXXX?" I have no story I can make up to keep the surprise! For the time being, I have changed the password on the account and blamed the bank! How long can I keep that up for?
11.gif
Luckily we have only had that conversation on the phone because I am a bad liar and she can ALWAYS tell!

So just another wrench into the grand plan! May end up with an early proposal without the replica dream band and reset it once it is finished!

The things we go through for the woman we love!
9.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
VC make sure to look at my posts at the endof page 4!

Those prices are good for custom but high for what you wanted to spend. I would consider the Adwar or Unique settings from GOG before committing. Also, if you have increased the budget that much then I suggets getting a quote from BGD, their pave work has really been outstanding of late for CAD and cast work.

As to the loan, can you tell her your car needed something expensive fixed and so you needed the loan? Or your house?

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 12:10:36 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Those prices are good for custom but high for what you wanted to spend. I would consider the Adwar or Unique settings from GOG before committing. Also, if you have increased the budget that much then I suggets getting a quote from BGD, their pave work has really been outstanding of late for CAD and cast work.

As to the loan, can you tell her your car needed something expensive fixed and so you needed the loan? Or your house?

Thanks D! I caught that post on page 4 after I posted last. (sometimes they can get lost when a new page is added). I actually like the idea of that one. You said she didn''t do the stones along the undergallery. Is that what you would call the "halo" underneath the diamond? From her ring, it looks like it was modified to create a U effect instead of a halo effect. The original photo looks like it had a halo underneath the diamond.

This is an interesting option. I am going to try calling Jonathan to touch base with him now. I keep missing hime every time I call.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 12:20:34 PM
Author: VetChecker

Date: 6/30/2010 12:10:36 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Thanks D! I caught that post on page 4 after I posted last. (sometimes they can get lost when a new page is added). I actually like the idea of that one. You said she didn''t do the stones along the undergallery. Is that what you would call the ''halo'' underneath the diamond? From her ring, it looks like it was modified to create a U effect instead of a halo effect. The original photo looks like it had a halo underneath the diamond.

This is an interesting option. I am going to try calling Jonathan to touch base with him now. I keep missing hime every time I call.
I think the adawr photo is bad and that it in fact has diamonds on the U under the diamond, which makes it look like a halo in some angles. I personally would remove those diamonds like Chi-amiGal did, but it is up to you of course. You can see the details better in the link that Grlsbestfrnd posted to Since1910, which is I believe the same adwar ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Update: Marie at GOG is sending the pictures off to some of her suppliers to try and find a match in my budget. They do not deal with Adware though so I would have to find someone else on that.

As for the Adware link Adware

vs the 1911 version Here

I think that adware version is set actually have the halo around it. While the one chi has like the 1911, is set to look like a horse shoe.(although she had this removed). No worries though, this just means there are plenty of options out there.

There have been so many good suggestions so far. I cant thank you guys enough for everything. I feel like I havent done anything in 5 days bought look at diamonds and settings! My head hurts!
14.gif
9.gif

Hopefully this thread will help others with split shank searches in the future as well!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Evening update: Octavia is on her way to me! Should be here by 10am!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh are you getting it mailed to you, and then deciding on a setting? i can''t wait to hear what you think it looks like in real life!!!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:03:20 PM
Author: slg47
ooh are you getting it mailed to you, and then deciding on a setting? i can''t wait to hear what you think it looks like in real life!!!

Yes. I wanted to be able to see it in person! Maybe show it off to a few local stores and put in some stuff here to see the effect. Plus as I mentioned in a earlier post, I am have a hard time keeping all this a secret from her now! I took out a loan and opened a 2nd checking account to deposit it in (to keep her from seeing it). Well I didnt think that both will show up in our online bank portal and I cant remove them! (in my other bank I can remove the accounts). So I now emptied the new checking account and can close it. It served its purpose. I just have to find a way to disguise that loan!
32.gif

30.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Oh, please post pictures when you get it! And VC, there''s nothing wrong with proposing with a loose stone and then going out shopping together for a setting!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:12:31 PM
Author: sarap333
Oh, please post pictures when you get it! And VC, there''s nothing wrong with proposing with a loose stone and then going out shopping together for a setting!

I will! Although, I am definitely no photographer like some of the posters on here! Nor is my camera that great!

My over site when obtaining financing may have caused me to do the proposal without the setting (Id put in a cheep cheep setting if that was the case) AND move up the date. At the very earliest I was planning July 21st..but hey...once that diamond is in my hands...you never know what could happen!
30.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
vetchecker one thing to consider is that when you propose she is going to want to WEAR that stunning diamond and show it off! so maybe get the setting before proposing, esp since you know she wants a split shank?

ETA do any of the stores local to you carry that horseshoe setting?

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 8:06:00 PM
vetchecker one thing to consider is that when you propose she is going to want to WEAR that stunning diamond and show it off! so maybe get the setting before proposing, esp since you know she wants a split shank?

ETA do any of the stores local to you carry that horseshoe setting?

Well so far I have not been able to find anything even close in a local store. I got some quotes today I liked for custom work but may not have the time to wait for that if I want it to be in the band she wants. Fortunately, I feel I might be sick tomorrow
23.gif

So with my free time I may be able to swing by a handful of shops I haven''t had a chance to see yet.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
maybe you can order the setting online, if you can't find it in a local store?

or you could send the diamond to since1910?

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 8:22:55 PM
maybe you can order the setting online, if you can''t find it in a local store?

or you could send the diamond to since1910?

I have been keeping notes on the settings I have found online via from pricescope member suggestions or personal searches. I will lay them all out and make a decision here in the next few days.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
OK, sounds good :) I just think she will want to wear the diamond ring :) :) and she would not want to part with it once you show her that awesome octavia!!!

you''ll have to let us know what you think of it in real life!!! also I am really glad you had a conversation with her and you KNOW she wants the split shank :)

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Where o where could my diamond beeeeeee.....where o where could it be!
9.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
As a woman, I would be fine getting proposed to with just a diamond. I would be thrilled to be involved in picking out my dream setting. You want her setting to be perfect.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 7:58:17 AM
Where o where could my diamond beeeeeee.....where o where could it be!
9.gif

Do you have your camera charged and ready?
10.gif

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Got it! At first glance, in the kitchen, no lights on...i wasnt to impressed. Stepped outside into the sun...

30.gif

I came in for half a day of work (with the diamond in the holder GOG gave me). I will try to sneak out to take a picture if I can!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Ok. Here are some I took real quick. It is in the generic diamond holder that GOG sent it in. I cant wait to see what it looks like in a real setting! When I find "The One" I will be sure to find a good camera to take photos with!

octavia539.JPG

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
I know this one is out of focus but I like how it kicks off different colors!

octavia536.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 2:13:30 PM
I know this one is out of focus but I like how it kicks off different colors!

WOW.
30.gif

I'm so glad you like it! It was a great choice.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Stunning, I can''t believe you have it already.

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 2:39:01 PM
Author: lknvrb4
Stunning, I can''t believe you have it already.

I know! Now I just need to either A) Find a local setting, B) Find one online or C) Custom Design from one of the quotes I have received.

I am leaning towards C...although I will be making the city tour of jewelers to see if they carry anything that would work. Should be a fun evening!

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! It looks beautiful. I love the bursts of color you captured.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results