shape
carat
color
clarity

PS''ers helped find my diamond, now lets find a setting!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 8:51:42 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 6/29/2010 8:39:01 PM
Author: VetChecker

Date: 6/29/2010 8:33:45 PM
Yes, something more like Split Shank''s ring in profile, can you see the difference VC?
Yes. I see the difference now. I updated my picture page to show the differences between the picture I have from the designer and what we have so far.

Dream ring vs what we have so far
I think it is very close. The trouble of course is that the dream ring is probably 3-4 carats
2.gif
which you will not be able to replicate 100%.
You are good! It is 3.32 E VS1... $149,500. The box is free!
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 8:51:22 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Maytal hannah made a split shank for me, and it looks very very similar to the ring your gf likes. have you contacted her for a quote yet? I have some pictures HERE and it''s also on her website, Pic #53, under Collections.

Oh, wow, Forte- it''s beautiful!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 8:59:02 PM
Author: E B

Maytal hannah made a split shank for me, and it looks very very similar to the ring your gf likes. have you contacted her for a quote yet? I have some pictures HERE and it''s also on her website, Pic #53, under Collections.

Oh, wow, Forte- it''s beautiful!
Im so glad to quoted this since I missed the post!
emteeth.gif
I LOVE IT! I am a big fan of milgrain on the setting! It looks $$$$$$ I will still make sure to contact them!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring ForteKitty. Too bad Maytal is over the budget - she is just a bit lower than Leon and sometimes people say she is even more.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 7:34:52 PM

On a new development, she brought up ring stuff today. She mentioned there is a ''diamond dash'' for a 15k diamond ring in Cleveland and maybe we should make the drive to do it. I got asking a little bit about that old picture she gave me. Turns out she had that for YEARS prior to giving it to me....so now there isnt and option....it NEEDS to be a split shank. She mentioned that specifically when saying what she liked about it.

''It was different...that is what i like about it''..she said.

So this one is in the running...but im going to keep looking to see if there is something else....
26.gif

Not surprised at all - I want to say .. I TOLD YOU SO :razz:

A girl set on a split shank won''t be happy with anything else. They will want something else but as a right hand ring or a second e-ring.

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 9:11:11 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
Date: 6/29/2010 7:34:52 PM

On a new development, she brought up ring stuff today. She mentioned there is a ''diamond dash'' for a 15k diamond ring in Cleveland and maybe we should make the drive to do it. I got asking a little bit about that old picture she gave me. Turns out she had that for YEARS prior to giving it to me....so now there isnt and option....it NEEDS to be a split shank. She mentioned that specifically when saying what she liked about it.

''It was different...that is what i like about it''..she said.

So this one is in the running...but im going to keep looking to see if there is something else....
26.gif

Not surprised at all - I want to say .. I TOLD YOU SO :razz:

A girl set on a split shank won''t be happy with anything else. They will want something else but as a right hand ring or a second e-ring.
9.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
vetchecker what about this setting? I bet WF can make it without the crossbar (but ask!)

setting

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
By the way, I really like vetcheck and have been looking for something like it! When you expanding to Canada?

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
I found this: http://www.since1910.com/engagement-rings/split-shank-pave-diamond-u-prong-setting-az-31-set-1701.aspx

I think it''s beautiful. It has a slim pave, the side view is is smoother (you said the other one looked too rough), I like the diamonds going around the bottom of the "u" basket, and the side view would allow you to see the diamond really well. Your diamond is really beautiful and I think you should see as much of it as you can!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Wow charmypoo, I just noticed you posted a picture of the Hearts on Fire Felicity ring and it looks a lot like the one I posted haha

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 10:06:33 PM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
Wow charmypoo, I just noticed you posted a picture of the Hearts on Fire Felicity ring and it looks a lot like the one I posted haha
Looks like the HOF is over budget - it is around $2500 so your option is a whole $1000 cheaper and they look almost the same.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 9:09:50 PM

Beautiful ring ForteKitty. Too bad Maytal is over the budget - she is just a bit lower than Leon and sometimes people say she is even more.

Bummer. I didn''t see the OP''s budget but saw the GOG ring price in plat and Maytal''s wasn''t much more than that. I didn''t realize he wanted WG.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I''d call WF, I''m sure they can modify one of their designs (the divisi or the allegro) to be more like what you are looking for, and it probably wouldn''t cost too much more (or any more) than the original

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *really* like that WF design you posted. Call then and ask about it for sure!!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/29/2010 9:34:10 PM
I looked at the ring images you put on your website .. it strangely reminds me of this Leon ring - http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/details.php?image_id=400. Did you get a quote from BGD or WF or GOG yet .. on a custom piece?

What about the WhiteFlash Allegro?

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/allegro-in-d-diamond-engagement-ring_1117.htm

CharmyPoo, I am still waiting to hear beck from WF and I don''t believe the woman at GOG stated a quote yet, she was just showing me the setting they had. I talked with BGD and they already stated they could not do it and keep it in my budget.

And thank you for the comment about
The Vet Check
The site is new and I first need to expand in the US first!
9.gif
It is new and I am about 2 weeks aways from re-launching it. I need to finish up some of the marketing information on the site. After that I will strongly consider expanding to Canada (unless your a Veterinarian..then you can email me and we can talk about it now!). Maybe if this were to take off quickly I can up my budget a few $$$ ha!

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock

I looked at the ring images you put on your website .. it strangely reminds me of this Leon ring - http://www.artofplatinum.com/portfolio/details.php?image_id=400. Did you get a quote from BGD or WF or GOG yet .. on a custom piece?

http://www.whiteflash.com/engagement-rings/allegro-in-d-diamond-engagement-ring_1117.htm

I just looked more into the WF ring. I will call them but they had this posted on it as well:

**Please note: This ring is only available for center stones weighing 1.00ct or above.** Allow 8 Business Days for Completion

By the way, where did you find the 3 picture views? I can only find the picture on the link of the one view.
33.gif

Lula

Ideal_Rock
VetC, I''m wondering if it might make more sense to work with a vendor that can order a stock setting (from a setting manufacturer like Stuller or Adwar or Unique settings of New York -- all carry a split shank setting) and have the Octavia set in that.

It''s not a perfect solution, but it would be more budget friendly.

There are several posters here (not me) who are really good at looking through the Adwar and Stuller online catalogs to find specific designs. Perhaps GOG could order one of these stock settings for you and set the melee and the Octavia in it?

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 8:52:15 AM
Author: sarap333
VetC, I''m wondering if it might make more sense to work with a vendor that can order a stock setting (from a setting manufacturer like Stuller or Adwar or Unique settings of New York -- all carry a split shank setting) and have the Octavia set in that.

It''s not a perfect solution, but it would be more budget friendly.

There are several posters here (not me) who are really good at looking through the Adwar and Stuller online catalogs to find specific designs. Perhaps GOG could order one of these stock settings for you and set the melee and the Octavia in it?

Im not oppose to any solutions that get me close as possible to the end goal, thats for sure! I did just email Jonathan at GOG directly and plan to call him at 10EST to talk more about my options.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I agree with sara, but I''d wait a few days for your custom quotes to come in. If they''re all out of range, you''ve got the stock setting option waiting and GOG can find you the most delicate one they can.

I think Whiteflash is generally quick to return with a quote, and I don''t know who else you contacted, but most should come in within a reasonable 72 hours.

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone heard/used DiamondonNet?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 8:00:37 AM

I just looked more into the WF ring. I will call them but they had this posted on it as well:

**Please note: This ring is only available for center stones weighing 1.00ct or above.** Allow 8 Business Days for Completion

By the way, where did you find the 3 picture views? I can only find the picture on the link of the one view.
33.gif
Ask them if it can be customized for your stone! Sometimes it is possible.

Casting companies are a very good option. Inexpensive as all get out. I suspect the one that GOG showed you is from a casting company, perhaps Unique Settings of New York ( I got my setting from them). GOG should be able to order from their catalogue!

The photos suck but here is a style like the one GOG showed you, but it looks like simple cross bar tather than a trellis. I like the simple cross bar myself!
http://www.uniquesettings.com/product/view/24388?from_style=1

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Dreamer: you are right, they gave me a link to Unique Settings of NY and told me to browse (yesterday) I just have not had a chance to yet.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 10:11:52 AM
Dreamer: you are right, they gave me a link to Unique Settings of NY and told me to browse (yesterday) I just have not had a chance to yet.
Don''t bother, the one GOG showed you and the one I linked are the only split shanks for square diamonds that they have
4.gif
I just looked.

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 10:20:42 AM
Date: 6/30/2010 10:11:52 AM

Don''t bother, the one GOG showed you and the one I linked are the only split shanks for square diamonds that they have
4.gif
I just looked.

9.gif
Thanks!
9.gif
I am going to call WF in just a few. I am going to owe some of you when this is all said and done! Ive seen your names pop up in so many threads, you should get paid for all your hard work and help!
22.gif

VetChecker

Shiny_Rock
Ok. The update is that WF has responded with a custom quote. It is pretty close to the range I am working in. Id have to stretch a tad but maybe it is worth it? Time frame may have become an issue though now. Also, a third party has entered the game too. Welcome High Performance Diamonds!
9.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 11:10:53 AM
Ok. The update is that WF has responded with a custom quote. It is pretty close to the range I am working in. Id have to stretch a tad but maybe it is worth it? Time frame may have become an issue though now. Also, a third party has entered the game too. Welcome High Performance Diamonds!
9.gif

Do you have a specific date in mind for the proposal?

What was the WF quote based on? Your original photo, or the Allegro?

(Sorry for all the questions!
10.gif
)

ETA: Name of Whiteflash setting corrected.
3.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
You may have already looked at it but thought I''d re-post and make it clickable in case you hadn''t noticed it. I also says they make it for any shape and sizes .4 to 5.25ct so you know it would fit yours.

since1910 split pave

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 11:24:42 AM
Author: Grlsbestfrnd
You may have already looked at it but thought I''d re-post and make it clickable in case you hadn''t noticed it. I also says they make it for any shape and sizes .4 to 5.25ct so you know it would fit yours.

since1910 split pave
That is very nice, and there is another poster with that setting with an asscher that I know of! That is an Adwar cast if I am not mistaken.

If the WF quote is *close* then I would personally go with them because the craftsmanship will be first rate and the melee high quality. They will also fix it in the event of diamonds falling out for free if it in manufacturer defect and you will get great follow-up CS. Same with HPD if they work out for you. Either would be great.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results