Canada!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ontario, Canada.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are quite a few PS'ers from Asia, a lot of who, I gather, lurk and don't post (very much). We live here now but some are originally from elsewhere (like myself and another gal - the UK - and some from the USA and at least one I can think of from Australia).

And I think we tend to be in our 30's and 40's, mostly (ex) professionals, though there are a few in their 20's too.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another Aussie :wavey::wavey::wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Northern California

Q

Queenie60

California - San Francisco Bay Area. All of my life!!!

GK2

Rough_Rock
I'm in Yorkshire, UK

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SoCal, but moving to NJ soon.

Ooh KaeKae are you any chance moving near the Jersey Shore (central NJ)?

South Jersey here but originally from Brooklyn NY.
I'm 44 years old, married for 24 years with four kids.

Kayla did you know (and I could be wrong but I think it is something like this) one out of every 7 people you meet in the USA are originally from Brooklyn NY?:cheeky: Hello Brooklyn in the house.:lol:

Sandeek would you be willing to share about how far you are from NYC?

I'm from Brooklyn and we split our time now b/w Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kayla did you know (and I could be wrong but I think it is something like this) one out of every 7 people you meet in the USA are originally from Brooklyn NY?:cheeky: Hello Brooklyn in the house.:lol:

It's a small world after all!!!
Missy, I grew up in Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay, and lived on Avenue U and Bedford Avenue when I first got married. I still have a lot of family there. My parents own a few buildings on Coney Island Avenue in Brighton Beach and still have businesses there. Can you believe my parents bought one building for something like $60k and now I can't even imagine what it's worth.
I worked for 10 years as a nurse at Maimonides Medical Center. My husband worked at the 60th Pct, which is in Coney Island. That's how I originally met him. Of course, he moved on from there over the years but he ended his career as a lieutenant there, which is what he always wanted to do.
Now I live 2- 2 1/2 hours away!
I miss Brooklyn!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
European here, originally from Hungary but living in Austria! 36 years old

Are there more Europeans here?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a small world after all!!!
Missy, I grew up in Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay, and lived on Avenue U and Bedford Avenue when I first got married. I still have a lot of family there. My parents own a few buildings on Coney Island Avenue in Brighton Beach and still have businesses there. Can you believe my parents bought one building for something like $60k and now I can't even imagine what it's worth.
I worked for 10 years as a nurse at Maimonides Medical Center. My husband worked at the 60th Pct, which is in Coney Island. That's how I originally met him. Of course, he moved on from there over the years but he ended his career as a lieutenant there, which is what he always wanted to do.
Now I live 2- 2 1/2 hours away!
I miss Brooklyn!

OMG Kayla! I was born at Maimonides. :D And my parents met in Brooklyn too and still live in the house we grew up in (Mill Basin) and we live at the other end-North Brooklyn. Love Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay. Owning real estate in Brooklyn now can be a very very good thing.

I would miss Brooklyn also if we moved away. You know what that saying is..."You can take the girl out of Brooklyn but you cannot take the Brooklyn out of the girl!"8-)

take-the-girl-out-of-brooklyn-women-s-t-shirts-womens-premium-t-shirt.jpg

brooklyniswherethestorybegins.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Northeast Coast of Florida

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Kayla! I was born at Maimonides. :D And my parents met in Brooklyn too and still live in the house we grew up in (Mill Basin) and we live at the other end-North Brooklyn. Love Brighton Beach and Sheepshead Bay. Owning real estate in Brooklyn now can be a very very good thing.

I would miss Brooklyn also if we moved away. You know what that saying is..."You can take the girl out of Brooklyn but you cannot take the Brooklyn out of the girl!"8-)

take-the-girl-out-of-brooklyn-women-s-t-shirts-womens-premium-t-shirt.jpg

brooklyniswherethestorybegins.jpg

Haha! No you can't!
We just visited NY (Queens- my mom lives in Jamaica Est) two weeks ago. We regularly stop by Randazzos in Sheepshead Bay, whenever we visit bc we like the food there.
Mill Basin? I used to work at Concept Elite!!! It's across from the Kings Plaza Mall! (That mall isn't that great now. I went there once and there was a riot and people were running like crazy) I was a manicurist at CE for two years while I went to nursing school.
I loved working there and they were really so nice to me. They let me pick whatever days I wanted to work and never gave me a hard time.
About real estate- I know. I should've bought a few condos in Sheepshead Bay when they were like $30k. Now I can't afford them!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Haha. My father was from Brooklyn, my son's gf is also and my DD works there now! So true about everyone having some roots there!
I am ~40 miles north of NYC. ;-)

ETA I think this is why I feel connected to you Missy. We are roughly the same age and I have been to many of the places you post! <3

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Place of birth: Mt Kisco, York
places lived: Long Beach, LI, NY; Bronx NY; Poughkeepsie; NY, Rhinebeck, NY; Wappingers Falls, NY; Clinton Corners, NY; Raleigh, NC; Austin TX; and now! Portland Maine
married 30 yrs
2 sons 25 & 29
I am a MIL!
I feel lucky in life.

ETA: My nephew 35 and niece 37 and grandniece (3) live in Brooklyn!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Haha. My father was from Brooklyn, my son's gf is also and my DD works there now! So true about everyone having some roots there!
I am ~40 miles north of NYC. ;-)

ETA I think this is why I feel connected to you Missy. We are roughly the same age and I have been to many of the places you post! <3

(((Hugs))) Sandeek! If you're ever visiting and have some free time please let me know.

Kayla ditto. We need to plan a GTG.

Tekate yes! Visiting your nephew and niece and grandniece anytime soon?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh KaeKae are you any chance moving near the Jersey Shore (central NJ)?

Sandeek would you be willing to share about how far you are from NYC?

I'm from Brooklyn and we split our time now b/w Brooklyn and the Jersey Shore.

missy,
I wish we could live near the shore! I grew up there (I think not too far from where you are? Monmouth County?) And still have family in the area.
Husband's new job is up in the NW Jersey. Not sure exactly where we will land in buying a house. Believe, me, I HAVE been looking at northern MC.
And, I am originally from Brooklyn, too!
Kaekae

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy,
I wish we could live near the shore! I grew up there (I think not too far from where you are? Monmouth County?) And still have family in the area.
Husband's new job is up in the NW Jersey. Not sure exactly where we will land in buying a house. Believe, me, I HAVE been looking at northern MC.
And, I am originally from Brooklyn, too!
Kaekae

Yes we are in Monmouth county! And hugs to another Brooklyn girl! (((Hugs))).
If you ever want some assistance in house hunting keep me in mind. Happy to help however I can. And If you're ever in the mood for a short trip and visit...

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! I plan to visit them at some point this year.. my nephew lives in the Clinton Hill area, my niece not so sure which part she lives in but I thought she said she lived miles away from her brother...

(I will contact you on Instagram (I see you there) when I go to the city so hopefully if you are in town we can have a mini (or maxi!) hookup), not sure if I asked to follow you?? but my instagram always has your name to follow, which I found rather interesting as that would mean to me that somehow Pricescope and Instagram 'talk')

There is a dichotomy between my nephew and niece. She makes about 30k a year in the art field, nephew? not sure as he has a business, wife's a lawyer, they get child support etc.. they did buy their home in Brooklyn which was over 2 million.

So both my 'kids' as I call them live different lives in Brooklyn :)

My son would love to move to the city but the jobs start at 75K and he can make that anywhere in places WAY less expensive so I think the city is out of the question as he loves to make money and not spend it.. (like his dad ;-) )

Next up: The Bronx! ;-) gentrification will be starting I bet.

(((Hugs))) Sandeek! If you're ever visiting and have some free time please let me know.

Kayla ditto. We need to plan a GTG.

Tekate yes! Visiting your nephew and niece and grandniece anytime soon?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! I plan to visit them at some point this year.. my nephew lives in the Clinton Hill area, my niece not so sure which part she lives in but I thought she said she lived miles away from her brother...

(I will contact you on Instagram (I see you there) when I go to the city so hopefully if you are in town we can have a mini (or maxi!) hookup), not sure if I asked to follow you?? but my instagram always has your name to follow, which I found rather interesting as that would mean to me that somehow Pricescope and Instagram 'talk')

There is a dichotomy between my nephew and niece. She makes about 30k a year in the art field, nephew? not sure as he has a business, wife's a lawyer, they get child support etc.. they did buy their home in Brooklyn which was over 2 million.

So both my 'kids' as I call them live different lives in Brooklyn :)

My son would love to move to the city but the jobs start at 75K and he can make that anywhere in places WAY less expensive so I think the city is out of the question as he loves to make money and not spend it.. (like his dad ;-) )

Next up: The Bronx! ;-) gentrification will be starting I bet.

Nice. Living no in Brooklyn no matter your salary is nice! Definitely let me know when you're visiting and we can make plans. Would love that! What's your IG handle? I don't think we are connected on IG.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy it is: Mrs my last name and 1970
It looks like this: MrsXXXXX1970

Instagram also always asks me to follow cflutist and PintoBean whom I thnk I had asked to follow

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so dense tekate. Lol. I have no clue what you mean. :oops::lol:

If you know who I am on IG tag me and I'll follow you. I'm sorry I'm so clueless!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Instagram also always asks me to follow cflutist and PintoBean whom I thnk I had asked to follow
Ooo so I guessed right! I sent you a message via IG lolol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes we are in Monmouth county! And hugs to another Brooklyn girl! (((Hugs))).
If you ever want some assistance in house hunting keep me in mind. Happy to help however I can. And If you're ever in the mood for a short trip and visit...

Getting this house ready to list. Give me a few weeks!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am following you Missy I just looked, you have a 'few more' followers than me.. I am on your list. I will send you a shoutout...

I'm so dense tekate. Lol. I have no clue what you mean. :oops::lol:

If you know who I am on IG tag me and I'll follow you. I'm sorry I'm so clueless!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooo so I guessed right! I sent you a message via IG lolol

Pinto, to say I am a noob on IG is being generous, I mainly have an account to follow my brooklyn artist neice :) I will shout back dear..think of you every day.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
N IL the armpit of the US
Married no kids, wifey is from Canada.
pushing 50

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We should plan a GTG and visit OWD! or maybe not, I don't want to be tempted!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results