shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK so this AM I tried dragging the emojis from the bottom to my post and it seemed to work. At least it looks like it worked on my end. Do you see emojis here? Dragging the angel and the shades emoji below. When I do that it shows up just as a question mark for me but when I hit reply it shows up as the correct emoji. At least it did in my previous post this AM. Let's see if it works.
:halo:8-)

Not sure why I have to go through all these steps to get the emojis posted when posting from my macbook air laptop when before it was super easy but at least we can get it to work this way...hopefully.

I'm at home now, so posting from my MacBook... When the emojis appear, I can click on them with no problem... however, sometimes they do not appear at all. :confused: Right now, no problems. Hopefully, it's just some kind of issue with my work pc... :?: :boohoo: :blackeye:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I am behind on adding all the original ones, but If you have something in mind. I can try to add it.
Hi psadmin,

:think: When you can would you add an embarrassed emoji?
Thank you
:D

Dinofreedo

Rough_Rock
Mine too like that only :(

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@psadmin Do you know when we will be able to use the emojis? Also, do you know when we will be able to access all of our old photo files for future use (I had a LOT).

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have emojis. I am wondering why I am not seeing tag lines anymore? I am on an iPad and always saw them before. No big deal though...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One new thing for me is when I open a thread and press the down arrow key on the keyboard, it jumps to the bottom of the page! Doesnt matter if this is a brand new thread, or one that I'd previously read, or previously read with new posts. Very frustrating. I did recently change to chrome since IE was crashing my cpu, but hadn't noticed it last week. Only like, yesterday and today.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@psadmin Do you know when we will be able to use the emojis? Also, do you know when we will be able to access all of our old photo files for future use (I had a LOT).
Sorry still working on it.

I have emojis. I am wondering why I am not seeing tag lines anymore? I am on an iPad and always saw them before. No big deal though...

i assume you meant signatures. For some reason you had it disabled. I have enabled it for you.

One new thing for me is when I open a thread and press the down arrow key on the keyboard, it jumps to the bottom of the page! Doesnt matter if this is a brand new thread, or one that I'd previously read, or previously read with new posts. Very frustrating. I did recently change to chrome since IE was crashing my cpu, but hadn't noticed it last week. Only like, yesterday and today.

I am unable to reproduce this. You may need to check your chrome settings. I use chrome as well. Wil play around to see what else it could be.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
I am unable to reproduce this.

This happens to me too: Pressing either the up or down arrow when first entering a thread causes the page to jump down to the bottom. It seems to be related to the wyziwyg editor having focus when the thread is first opened. If one removes focus by clicking anywhere outside the editor, then the arrow keys function as they should (scrolling the page up and down one line at a time).

Obviously, when the editor has focus, the arrow keys should not move the whole page, but rather just move the cursor within the text being edited. So it seems this behavior is not a bug but a feature, while the real problem is that the editor receives focus by default. Should be fixable?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
This is slightly off-topic, but since this thread is monitored by admins (and I couldn't find a more generic "Suggestions" thread), I want to ask: are there any policies for when a thread can be deleted on the request of a PS member? I understand that the OP should be able to request thread deletion when there has arisen some drama or disclosure of personal information in a thread, but do you also remove threads when no compelling reasons exist?

I have noticed a few threads that have disappeared without explanation (and with no evidence of extenuating circumstances such as the scenarios mentioned above). This is frustrating when one has invested time and energy into posting information, advice, and/or diamond suggestions into a thread, only to find out later that one's posts have been deleted without warning. It is especially annoying when one needs to reference previously posted information, and it is impossible to find (there is not even any way to confirm that one's posts have been deleted).

I would suggest that if there is no policy regarding member-initiated thread deletion, that such a policy be developed, with the goal of preventing gratuitous deletion of threads that may comprise content valued by other members (i.e., there must be a compelling reason).

in-the-air

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow thank you for such clear instructions! Will be sure to check out all the updates!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi psadmin,

:think: When you can would you add an embarrassed emoji?
Thank you
:D

:oops: I think we have all the original ones available now. Enjoy!

Should be fixed. Please check.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:oops: I think we have all the original ones available now. Enjoy!

Should be fixed. Please check.
Yup looks good for me too! Thank you!!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any idea when we'll be able to use emojis?? I've tried on my phone, my Mac, and my work PC, but still cannot use them. It's been a long time... I want emojis. :(

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any idea when we'll be able to use emojis?? I've tried on my phone, my Mac, and my work PC, but still cannot use them. It's been a long time... I want emojis. :(
I can see the emojis on my iPhone usually. I switched to my iPad today and they do not appear as an option.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see the emojis on my iPhone usually. I switched to my iPad today and they do not appear as an option.

I can see them, but nothing happens when I click on them... sad day. #firstworldprobs LOL

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any ETA on when all of our previously-posted photos will show up in the "My Attachments" tab? I only have the pics I've posted since the upgrade... Or am I looking in the wrong place?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry but we are still looking into it.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Any ETA on when all of our previously-posted photos will show up in the "My Attachments" tab? I only have the pics I've posted since the upgrade... Or am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi Marymm,

Can you check your attachments now and let me know if that looks correct to you?

I think the only issue is with dates.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Can you check your attachments now and let me know if that looks correct to you?

Is this supposed to be fixed for everybody? My uploaded images are still nowhere to be found (under "My Attachments" or anywhere else). ;(

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marymm,

I think the only issue is with dates.

Yes, looks like they are all there now ... thank you!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Drk14,

We wanted to make sure it works first then we will do everyones. We found it affected about 1% of members when we moved over.

We will have yours restored as well.

Kind regards,
Andrey

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
how does one post photos now? is there a personal gallery where we can upload our photos? I cannot even find the old one...

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
solved!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, it seems I haven't managed to post my photos, only I can see them. I have no idea how to attach photos anymore. Any advice would be great.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Gloria,

Are you trying to attach them to a post or to your gallery?

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry if this has been answered before, but is there a reason why all blue nile links don't work when clicked on? This is especially annoying on mobile.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the advanced filters of the diamond search, where you can look at cut grade, GIA stones have the option of 'ideal', and AGS stones do not. Surely you intended the opposite. While I"m at such things, 'negligible', which is AGS's top fluorescence grade, isn't one of the choices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results