shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there an option to receive an alert when someone replies on a thread that you started? I can only see the option to receive an alert when someone replies on a thread that you are watching. It would be a hassle to have to manually add my old threads to the watched list.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I must reduce down to 80% for alerts to appear, but at 80% the page look really small.

We have tried to reproduce this, but unable to. Would you try and take a screen shot at normal size?

Also let me know which version of chrome do you have?

chrome-version.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Is there an option to receive an alert when someone replies on a thread that you started? I can only see the option to receive an alert when someone replies on a thread that you are watching. It would be a hassle to have to manually add my old threads to the watched list.

I am not sure if this will work for old threads you have created, but it will for new ones.

Make sure the following is checked in https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/preferences

watched-alerts.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
When I subscribe to email notifications, I only get the first unread post emailed to me. Any subsequent posts aren't emailed to me and I have to go view the thread to see subsequent posts. This seems to "reset" my email notifications so the next unread post gets sent to me (but subsequent ones again won't me). Will this be fixed? I'd like to receive all subsequent posts in email so I don't necessarily need to go back to the thread to read updates.

groovnstar

Rough_Rock
Sorry out of topics here, Mochiko I am from HK too and may I ask for your advice on setting service here? Can't seem to find a way to send PM on here. Thanks!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have tried to reproduce this, but unable to. Would you try and take a screen shot at normal size?

Also let me know which version of chrome do you have?

chrome-version.jpg
I can now see my screen name and alerts...:dance:

Tjlovesgemstones

Rough_Rock
Hi guys , new too all this... I'm looking too learn as much information about gemstones as I'm hoping to be able too start trading in them ? Any information will be appreciated :)) thanks ( don't know if I've posted in the right place )

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help please!

Today is the first time I tried to attached one of the pics I have uploaded previously since the upgrade, and could not find any of them.

I have not read the entire thread, therefore, if this issue has already been raised and actions being taken etc. etc., then I apologise for duplicating, and would be grateful if someone could point me to the solution of this issue please.

Thanks in advance.

DK :))

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will you please change my username from ceg to August? I am new here and chose the wrong name! Didn't know I would get so addicted to the site!!! Thanks for all the great info!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure if this will work for old threads you have created, but it will for new ones.

Make sure the following is checked in https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/preferences

watched-alerts.jpg

Thank you! I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the new PS, it looks great. :)

One additional comment, in the preferences setting, would be it possible to split out "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply..." into 2 options, i.e. 1) "Automatically watch threads you create" and 2) "Automatically watch threads when you reply..", as I think it would be useful to be able to choose between these 2 (e.g. I only want to watch threads I've created but I don't want to automatically watch a random thread that I replied to in Hangout, for example.).

Right now, when I reply to other people's threads, I then have to go into the Watched Threads section and then manually select 'stop watching' option. I would guess that I may not be the only one who would find it helpful to split out the 'automatically watch.." setting into 2 options instead of 1.

Thank you!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help please!

Today is the first time I tried to attached one of the pics I have uploaded previously since the upgrade, and could not find any of them.

I have not read the entire thread, therefore, if this issue has already been raised and actions being taken etc. etc., then I apologise for duplicating, and would be grateful if someone could point me to the solution of this issue please.

Thanks in advance.

DK :))

Hey DK! I asked this back in March and the reply was that it would be coming shortly. So fingers crossed we can access our old photos again soon :) :)

DesertFlameOpals

Rough_Rock
Hi I just recently joined and created this name but it is also the same as my etsy shop name.. then i discovered it's against forum policy so I tried to change it... only I can't find that function. If this is only a moderator enabled action then Andy1977 would suit. Or point me in the right direction please. Cheers.
(sorry- honest mistake)

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very nervous that this area where you write your reply is always showing. I like the old days when you had to "click" on the reply button.
(I haven't been on here in a long time)

YOYO OU

Rough_Rock
Trade
where is the HCA calculator? Pls advise! thx

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar photo is not clear and it looks horrible! Anything tht can be done about it? Thanks in advance!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am still unable to access PS via Tapatalk... any idea as to when that will be fixed?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My avatar photo is not clear and it looks horrible! Anything tht can be done about it? Thanks in advance!
Naty...Try up-loading your avatar again. Mine look more sharp after I re-loaded.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Naty...Try up-loading your avatar again. Mine look more sharp after I re-loaded.

DF thank you so much for the tip. I tried it and it worked. The photo looks much better now :wavey:

Cullenislife

Rough_Rock
I am being harassed on my posts by people who came here from another site.

muddy sparx

Rough_Rock
Hello PriceScopers!

We have finished the major update of the forum platform. We tried to keep the colors the same to make it easier to adjust. Some features are a little different but should be much easier to use.

By clicking on your member name at the top right, it will take you to your accounts. There are several things you can change such as the avatar which are larger now. You should also check the privacy section.

Please use this thread for comments, questions and issues. We will try to get to them as soon as we can.

We appreciate everyone's patience.

Know Issue we are working on and may have workarounds:

1) Avatars Image:
a) Blurry avatars - We have increased the size of the avatar image. We ask you
- We have increased the size of Avatars and ask that you update them.
Go to your user account and click on "Personal Details" or click here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/personal-details
Then click on the avatar itself and then drag and drop any image any size preferably square and higher than 200 x 200 pixels. You do not need to worry about size or anything. It will be adjusted automatically.

b) Avatars are too big on mobile.
- We are working on this and hope to resolve it soon.

--- This should be fixed. Let me know if anyone is still having issues.

2) Mobile has no way easy way to login/register
- We are working on a solution, but have temporarily added a notice to guests below the menu.

3) Breadcrumbs not easy to navigate or missing
a) No easy way to go to all thread view. - We are reworking the breadcrumb to show in all views and easier to use as well as mobile. In the meantime, here is a workaround on desktop.

-- I think we fixed this. We added a new bread crumb above and below. There seems to be a small issue with the menu overlay. If you see any other issues let us know.

back-to-forum.png

4) Right SideBar or diamond Search make it too busy for me.
a) You can choose to hide the sidebar or the diamond search in the "Personal Details" of your accounts setting. Just click the hide check marks next to it.

hide-widgets.png

5) Attachment controls missing
a) We are working on it.

6) Ignore/Follow/Watch thread lists may have not survived.
a) Unfortunately, we will not be able to do anything about this and you will need to redo them

7) To many alerts.
a) The setting for all alerts is under "Your Alerts" in the account settings.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/account/alerts

8) Usernames (display names) v.s. Login names converted all names to back to login names. If you need any changes please contact us via the contact page here: https://www.pricescope.com/contact

Let us know if you have any other questions or see any other issues.

Thank you for your patience
Hello im new here and i just wanted my question answered . I have a gemstone in my posession but im not sure whether its a color change garnet or an Alexandrite , it portrays a series of colors exact to that of alexandrite. I have taken it to a lpcal lab to be tested but the tester gave me two opposite results and in the end he said he classes it as color change garnet but im still not comfortable with his answers

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Can't seem to find the gallery of images I had uploaded prior to the software upgrade. Are these personal image repositories no longer available?

Also, I'm sad to see the old bookmarks have disappeared, as I had marked a number of threads containing useful information, for future reference. Any way to retrieve these bookmarks?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are currently in final stages to have a method for users to see all the previous images that have uploaded and easier to re-use them. We are in final browser testing stages.

As for the bookmarks, I will need to look into it.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
We are currently in final stages to have a method for users to see all the previous images that have uploaded and easier to re-use them. We are in final browser testing stages.

OK, thanks. Where should I look to check if this feature has been made available? If I upload new pictures before this feature is implemented, will the new pictures be included in the personal gallery of previously uploaded image content, after you release this functionality? Furthermore, in the meantime, how does one upload pictures? The button for inserting an image prompts for a URL, but I know policy requires all linked images to reside on the PS servers, so how is it possible to use PS-hosted image, if I no longer have access to my PS-hosted image repository? I assume there is a simple answer to this, since lots of new images are being posted daily...

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
What are the "Your Media" and "Your Favorites" tabs in the reply box. And more importantly, why does the "Your Media" take up soooo much space even when there is nothing in it?

Also, recently when a page loads, it goes to the last message of that page, instead of the first or first unread. It happens even when I arrive on the page via an alert where my post was quoted. It would be nice, for the page to open to the actual post with the quote instead of moving to the last message on that page. It's a pain in the butt to have to scroll up looking for that post.

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
What are the "Your Media" and "Your Favorites" tabs in the reply box. And more importantly, why does the "Your Media" take up soooo much space even when there is nothing in it?

This might (?) be related to the image upload feature promised by @psadmin above (post #203), but I agree that an explanation is needed.

And, on the same topic, what is the relationship between "Your Media", "Your Albums", and "My Attachments"? I think all of these are new features, possibly related to the discussion above. However, I cannot find my old uploaded images in any of these three locations... :(

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Drk14 I am not sure why you can not see you images. i will see what is happening.

In the mean time, we added some ways to get to the images and are still working out the glitches.

The goal is to put all images under your media, no matter how you uploaded.

The "Your Media" tab is to show the last set of images uploaded. The "Your Favorites" tab is for your most used images. You can set them by clicking the star to the left of the images in your "My Attachments" in your profile tab.

See here in the images:

favorites2.jpg

favorites.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have only 7 images in "Your Media" (and nothing in "Your Favorites") ... yet I've posted several dozen images over the years.

I don't see a star or even a tab called "My Attachments" on my Profile page.

I hope all of my images be retrieved. Please advise if there's anything I should be doing at my end to assist.
Thank you.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a way to hide the Your Media / Your Favorites tabs?

Or alternatively to put the smileys above those tabs because i access and use the smileys much more often than media so that tabs just get in the way and I have to scroll more to get to the smileys.

I tried a few different things but couldn't figure it out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results