PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to bug you guys, and I LOVE the changes, but somehow the "alerts" button isn't on the heading anymore for me? What is really weird is that I just posted something, and when I refreshed the page I saw a "flash" that looked like an "alert" (almost like it appeared for half a second and then was gone). I went to my profile and checked that I have alerts enabled. When I looked in my profile I saw that someone had "liked" my post. Just weird that the entire "alert" thing is missing now but shows for a sec when I refresh. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Thanks again!!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry to bug you guys, and I LOVE the changes, but somehow the "alerts" button isn't on the heading anymore for me? What is really weird is that I just posted something, and when I refreshed the page I saw a "flash" that looked like an "alert" (almost like it appeared for half a second and then was gone). I went to my profile and checked that I have alerts enabled. When I looked in my profile I saw that someone had "liked" my post. Just weird that the entire "alert" thing is missing now but shows for a sec when I refresh. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Thanks again!!

We updated header and menu. You may need to clear the cache or it may take a day or 2 to update itself.

Let me know if you are still seeing this issue.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you Andrey for all the great changes on here. One thing has been driving me nuts. On the main page I always used to immediately go to the Forum Topics tabs off to the right hand side for current topics being commented on. They have tabs for "latest" and "popular". The topics that I see have not changed since the switch over. I really hope you can help me out with this. I've tried logging off and back in. That did not work.

It should be all synced up.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I miss the instructions on how to see a a list of member's topics only? I used that feature a lot to refer back to favorite topics but now original topics seem lost in a (sometimes long) list of posts.

Thanks!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i follow a few posters on here and used to get an email when they posted something.. now i dont get them any more. is there something i am supposed to change? or has someone asked this q before.. sorry.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Did I miss the instructions on how to see a a list of member's topics only? I used that feature a lot to refer back to favorite topics but now original topics seem lost in a (sometimes long) list of posts.

Thanks!

You can see someone threads in the following way:

find all threads.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i follow a few posters on here and used to get an email when they posted something.. now i dont get them any more. is there something i am supposed to change? or has someone asked this q before.. sorry.

Hi Greg, I think you can follow posters if you click their name and profile and then you will see you can click follow. ETA I just tried it and yes. Just click onto their name/profile and you will see where it shows you can "follow" them if you would like to. Also if you had previous settings on the old format you will probably have to update it here. It didn't all transfer. For some reason I am not getting notifications of the NIRDI thread in my email either so I just check here in Alerts.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx missy.
I have done those changes and I see the posters post; but not getting their post in email.

I check alerts and it only shows posts where I have commented, not the posters that I enjoy/ learn from.

Hmmm wonder if something else is required

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanx missy.
I have done those changes and I see the posters post; but not getting their post in email.

I check alerts and it only shows posts where I have commented, not the posters that I enjoy/ learn from.

Hmmm wonder if something else is required

Sorry Greg. I must be doing something wrong too because I am not getting email alerts re some of the threads I am following. But I do see it here in the alerts section so that is good. Maybe it is a glitch with the new software?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Andrey
We no longer can see who is logon? Don't see the list anywhere.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Andrey
We no longer can see who is logon? Don't see the list anywhere.

I am assuming you are looking on a tablet/smart phone and on the main page or search pages.
If you are, just click on the menu and then "My Pages" tab.

You can also go to anywhere on the forum and it should be top right until we update the header on the rest of the site.

If you still do not see it let me know.

Thanks

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry Greg. I must be doing something wrong too because I am not getting email alerts re some of the threads I am following. But I do see it here in the alerts section so that is good. Maybe it is a glitch with the new software?

I am looking into it and will let you know.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am assuming you are looking on a tablet/smart phone and on the main page or search pages.
If you are, just click on the menu and then "My Pages" tab.

You can also go to anywhere on the forum and it should be top right until we update the header on the rest of the site.

If you still do not see it let me know.

Thanks
I'm on my desktop and it used to show a list of members who are login at the bottom of every page, but now it doesn't who's login nor how many visitors.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
upload_2017-4-16_17-58-41.png

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too no longer get notification emails, even tho' I clicked on "watch this thread". Every so often in a blue moon I'll get an email, but not consistently.
Otherwise I've gotten up-to-speed on the changes and like what you've accomplished!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I too no longer get notification emails, even tho' I clicked on "watch this thread". Every so often in a blue moon I'll get an email, but not consistently.
Otherwise I've gotten up-to-speed on the changes and like what you've accomplished!

Would you check to see if they are going to spam. It is possible that the mail application may consider it spam after many sent notifications.

You may need to let the mail application know it is not spam.

It would be helpful if anyone else is having the same issue to check on this and let us know.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you check to see if they are going to spam. It is possible that the mail application may consider it spam after many sent notifications.
You may need to let the mail application know it is not spam.

It would be helpful if anyone else is having the same issue to check on this and let us know.

Hi Andrey, I am not getting notifications either except randomly. Nothing in my spam folder either. Thanks.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Andrey, I am not getting notifications either except randomly. Nothing in my spam folder either. Thanks.

So I just reset the one thread I watch so perhaps I will start getting regular notifications now. I will update and let you know as soon as I see if it worked. Thanks again and love the new format!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
So I just reset the one thread I watch so perhaps I will start getting regular notifications now. I will update and let you know as soon as I see if it worked. Thanks again and love the new format!

Thank you for checking on this.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for checking on this.

Andrey I still am not receiving notifications except sporadically. It's not a big deal though but I promised to update you so there it is. I waited a few days to make sure. Thanks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey, the alerts button is gone for me, too. I have found that to be the single best addition to the site! Sometimes I comment and forget to check back for replies, so this is immensely helpful! I did log out of PS and then back in and it still wasn't there.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey, the alerts button is gone for me, too. I have found that to be the single best addition to the site! Sometimes I comment and forget to check back for replies, so this is immensely helpful! I did log out of PS and then back in and it still wasn't there.

DS it's still on the upper right for me (directly to the right of our name). Is it possible that it is just out of sight on your screen and if you adjust the size it might reappear?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on 100% and reduced the zoom to 90 and then 80%, and I cannot see my name or the alert button. I can only see my name and log in button on the home page. Weird because I had been seeing the alert button until today.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
DS would you try the following.

Go to the homepage logout and than re-login.

Let me know if that fixes it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey, I tied that again and it didn't work. So I kept reducing the zoom and at 67%, my username and alerts appear!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey, I tied that again and it didn't work. So I kept reducing the zoom and at 67%, my username and alerts appear!
I must reduce down to 80% for alerts to appear, but at 80% the page look really small.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I must reduce down to 80% for alerts to appear, but at 80% the page look really small.

So strange. I will look into it. Thank you for the information.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results