carat
color
clarity

PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Oops! I was referring to the emoticons to respond with.

I will be adding the originals ones soon. If there is one you really want to see just let me know.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be adding the originals ones soon. If there is one you really want to see just let me know.

Thanks Andrey. I would love to see the embarrassed emoji added back if possible. And maybe add the opps emoji? Sort of fun.

embarrassedemoticon.jpg

oops-smiley.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize I have just been posting things that need addressing, but I do want to add that I think the site upgrade looks wonderful!!!

Yes a big thank you to you Andrey and the rest of the Pricescope team. You continue making Pricescope a wonderful place to be and all your hard work and energy and time is greatly appreciated by all of us!!! Thank you!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you Andrey & everyone for bringing us up to speed!
PS ... Proudly Spiffy!

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
At this time this is the way to do it:

[Goto to user profile page]
Click on the user name under the avatar.
Click on the Profile Page.

Click on the Postings tab. This will show you all the members postings.
At the bottom of the list of all the posts you should see the text "Find all threads by user-name"

Click on this and you will get all the thread.

I hope to make this easier soon.

Don't worry about all the questions. They are helpful.
Thank you for the reply.

I noticed that the number of times a thread was viewed has disappeared when you search "all user's threads". I find that info very interesting. Any way to bring that back for them?
Thank you x10

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks Andrey. I would love to see the embarrassed emoji added back if possible. And maybe add the opps emoji? Sort of fun.

embarrassedemoticon.jpg

oops-smiley.jpg

Ok I have brought back the original oops and kept the old one.

:oops::oops2:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you for the reply.

I noticed that the number of times a thread was viewed has disappeared when you search "all user's threads". I find that info very interesting. Any way to bring that back for them?
Thank you x10

I will see what I can do.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you for the reply.

Thank you x10

It now shows up. :) It is at the end with the replies.

Enjoy!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see the sticky threads anymore that used to be up top! I'm trying to find the one about the Pricescope Tour Dates :) and see if ya'll have planned the California one(s).

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I don't see the sticky threads anymore that used to be up top! I'm trying to find the one about the Pricescope Tour Dates :) and see if ya'll have planned the California one(s).

Oops. That one got lost somehow. I will start a new one soon. I do wish to go to Califorina, but there are no dates set yet.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It now shows up. :) It is at the end with the replies.

Enjoy!

Would it be possible to show the view count for each thread on SMTB, RB and other forum pages, not just on the list of threads by individual user? I always found that very interesting. Thank you very much!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the "new posts" option, I think it might be my new go-to option for perusing Pricescope. It's an easy tool to use and it might even encourage people to venture outside of their "comfort forums." However, being way over to the right on the toolbar this option is kind of buried and not readily visible when I'm using my iPhone. Perhaps it could be moved over to the left of the toolbar? I think an having an easy way to spot threads with recent activity might be more useful and popular than the ability to "Mark forum read."

BUMP!

The "new posts" option doesn't show at all when I'm holding my phone vertically.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anyone else having problems logging out? I log out, close my PS tab, then when I come back later, at the top of the page it shows that I'm still logged in. Then, I can sit there and hammer on the logout button, but no matter how many times I try, I'm still logged in. What gives?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always stay logged in because it is easier that way. But for you Karen I just tried logging out and it worked. Just hit log out at top of page and then it will direct you to your page and hit log out again and that should work. If it doesn't try resetting your computer and doing it again. And there is a box that says always stayed logged on so make sure that box is unchecked if you don't want to be logged on when you open PS.

Is anyone else having problems logging out? I log out, close my PS tab, then when I come back later, at the top of the page it shows that I'm still logged in. Then, I can sit there and hammer on the logout button, but no matter how many times I try, I'm still logged in. What gives?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always stay logged in because it is easier that way. But for you Karen I just tried logging out and it worked. Just hit log out at top of page and then it will direct you to your page and hit log out again and that should work. If it doesn't try resetting your computer and doing it again. And there is a box that says always stayed logged on so make sure that box is unchecked if you don't want to be logged on when you open PS.

Hmmm. Not sure what was wrong. It is working as you say, but I absolutely was hitting the logout at the top of the page, at which point, rather than being sent to the other "are you SURE you want to logout" screen, the screen I was on would refresh, and I would still be logged in. Hence my "hammering away at the logout button". Now, for the very first time, it did something different.

I did go check my preferences though, and changed my displayed time to US Central, from Monrovia, Reykjavik. That's the first time I've checked the time zone, and I'm not sure why it was set to that. Maybe changing it changed something? Who knows.

I find it a bit weird to have a two-step logout though.

I'm so glad I don't work in IT anymore.

Thanks for the magic words/response/touch Missy!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Ksinger,

The two-step process comes with the new platform. If you have any more issues with it please let me know.

Thanks,

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andrey, is there a way to delete the alerts we receive, or will they eventually go away on their own?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
All alerts expire in 30 days. Any alerts that get attention will be removed.

I may change these setting but for the time being leaving them as that has been the default.

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
How can I change my nick name? Thank you!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All alerts expire in 30 days. Any alerts that get attention will be removed.

I may change these setting but for the time being leaving them as that has been the default.
Thanks!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
How can I change my nick name? Thank you!

There are no nicknames.

If you wish to change your username, just let me know. Once I do it it will be modified on all posts and you will need to use it as your new login.

BennYoga

Rough_Rock
There are no nicknames.

If you wish to change your username, just let me know. Once I do it it will be modified on all posts and you will need to use it as your new login.

Great! Please change my username to "BennYoga".

Thank you!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Done.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss and would like to have each user's topics section restored rather than just the individual messages. I often times would go back to topics posted by users to look back for specific rings, stones, etc.

With just the user messages, it takes too long to search for what I'm looking for.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I miss and would like to have each user's topics section restored rather than just the individual messages. I often times would go back to topics posted by users to look back for specific rings, stones, etc.

With just the user messages, it takes too long to search for what I'm looking for.

If you go the person user profile by clicking on their name you will see a "Find all threads by [user+name}" link.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After working perfectly for several days, this is what the screen looks like on my Google Pixel. Is it a phone issue or a PS issue?
Screenshot_20170328-103156.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
After working perfectly for several days, this is what the screen looks like on my Google Pixel. Is it a phone issue or a PS issue?
Screenshot_20170328-103156.png

So strange. I assume that is the chrome browser? We have been making small changes and sometimes that may just need a refresh. If that does not fix it let me know. I will look into it.

Any one else seeing the same thing?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Help please!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, however, when browsing PS using my Android smart phone, the second row buttons, namely "Watched Threads", "New Posts" and "Alerts", do not appear to be working for me.

The "New Posts" and "Alerts" buttons used to work, however, they stopped for whatever reason(s).

Thanks Admin for looking into this in advance.

DK :))

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks for letting me know.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results