carat
color
clarity

PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Is there a way to see the quick forum link shortcut when looking on a phone not a desktop (a couple posts up)? I tried the 'convert to desktop' button on my phone but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Technology isn't my strong point, so maybe it's me having a user error?!

What phone are you using?

retroglam

Rough_Rock
It's an iPhone 6S. Thanks!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the tips Andrey! I appreciate the hard work that went into the upgrade and your patience in dealing with some of us who are technology challenged. Hard to believe I spent years being responsible for a company's internal financial system - simpler days back then.

Missy - yeah to the laughing emoticon. This one I can see even when small :lol:.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
It's an iPhone 6S. Thanks!

At this time the only way is it use the back feature of the browser or when you are at the top a turn the phone sideways. then you will see the link under the title. :)

We will have something to make it easier soon.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks for the tips Andrey! I appreciate the hard work that went into the upgrade and your patience in dealing with some of us who are technology challenged. Hard to believe I spent years being responsible for a company's internal financial system - simpler days back then.

Missy - yeah to the laughing emoticon. This one I can see even when small :lol:.

My pleasure!

Thank you for bringing things up as other may have the same issues and it is the only way for me to improve the site.

retroglam

Rough_Rock
At this time the only way is it use the back feature of the browser or when you are at the top a turn the phone sideways. then you will see the link under the title. :)

We will have something to make it easier soon.

Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a way to set the time to be in our own time zone? I seem to recall that feature on the old site, but I never could get it to be in my time zone.

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have another question. When I see the people who are posting it doesn't indicate when they joined PS. Previously it was listed with their user names. Will this be added back in? Or did I accidentally turn something off in my settings? I think it's valuable to new posters, especially in Rocky Talky to see if they are dealing with an experienced poster. The number of posts doesn't necessarily indicate the experience or length of time on PS.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
At this time we do not have it, but we will bring it back.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It should be just to the left of the search bar.
I don't see it, I am on my iPhone. Will check it out on my computer. Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something else I just noticed is that the post count only changes on the most recent post. I don't know that it matters, but total post counts used to update even on old posts.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Something else I just noticed is that the post count only changes on the most recent post. I don't know that it matters, but total post counts used to update even on old posts.

The post count does change you just need to give it a little time.

retroglam

Rough_Rock
I don't see my member name at top right.

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but on my phone there's an 'alerts' button at the top right (only shows if you turn the phone sideways). If you click on that and then the alerts preferences option in the box, it takes you to the account screen that you got by clicking on your username in the old site.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I don't see it, I am on my iPhone. Will check it out on my computer. Thanks

Sorry, I didn't realize you are on the phone.

Click the menu to left and then my pages. That should take you to your profile page.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Andrey
You you please change my screen name back to Dancing Fire? How come my avatar is so blurry can you please help?

Thanks

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Andrey
You you please change my screen name back to Dancing Fire? How come my avatar is so blurry can you please help?

Thanks

I have done it. Please make sure you use Dancing Fire for the username when login in or your email. The old username will not work anymore.

Fro your avatar go here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/account

Click on the avatar and then drag a new any higher resolution( above 200 x 200) version of it, The new system will resize it for you automatically. ( it can even be 1280 x 1280 and above) Square is preferred.

If you need any further help with this let me know.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can I see my image panel (where all my old images were uploaded). I can't find it under My account section.

Haven't checked the desktop version yet, but the mobile version is nice, but the fonts & image sizes are either huge or tiny, and I'm having some issues with the drop down menu (eg I'm on a thread and I click on the Forums + sign on the drop down menu, I automatically get redirected to the main page listing out the forums. Also no way to minimize the top right drop down menu after clicking it (eg if you click it and then want to minimize it without leaving the current page).

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but on my phone there's an 'alerts' button at the top right (only shows if you turn the phone sideways). If you click on that and then the alerts preferences option in the box, it takes you to the account screen that you got by clicking on your username in the old site.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Retroglam!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
How can I see my image panel (where all my old images were uploaded). I can't find it under My account section.

Haven't checked the desktop version yet, but the mobile version is nice, but the fonts & image sizes are either huge or tiny, and I'm having some issues with the drop down menu (eg I'm on a thread and I click on the Forums + sign on the drop down menu, I automatically get redirected to the main page listing out the forums. Also no way to minimize the top right drop down menu after clicking it (eg if you click it and then want to minimize it without leaving the current page).

This will be coming shortly. :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Andrey! I've just checked the desktop version now and it looks better. I mostly use PS on my phone though and I think the new format is definitely more mobile-friendly. :) Very nice!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss being able to click to see all of someone's posts. It was useful to go back and look at pictures etc. that they had posted about previous projects not linked in more recent threads.

ETA: oops. I see you can do that now by clicking on the number of posts.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
How do you change your avatar? I can't find any links or anything to explain it.
Thank you.

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock
I'm on ipad. By the time I figured out how to log in & posted, forgot how I did it & can't figure out how to log out. I'm not a frequent poster so this upsets me, pls help.

And thx for allowing me to learn from & enjoy this site without posting a lot!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you change your avatar? I can't find any links or anything to explain it.
Thank you.

Click on your avatar/picture or your name in the left side of this thread, and keep on clicking through until the popup window appears which allows you to upload a new avatar.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Click on your avatar/picture or your name in the left side of this thread, and keep on clicking through until the popup window appears which allows you to upload a new avatar.

Thank you, Mochiko! Wetsawblade, I did it on my iPad as well so the above instructions work. You have to click more than once....I had only clicked once and quit. How to change your avatar not very clear, at least on iPad.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, another question...how do you bookmark a topic, and did all our bookmarks from the old PS carry over?
I am also on iPad, is the website different on mobiles vs. computers?

Thanks again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results