shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope Upgraded - Comments and Issues

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When reading pricescope from the Iphone, avatars are so large that they distract from reading the messages. It would be great if in mobile view avatars would schrink to a smaller scale.

Also is there any possibilty to get the topics and not posts of the member shown?

Thank you

aprilzephyr

Rough_Rock
Update looks good, you guys! Is there a way I can organize / delete photos I've uploaded to Pricescope? I've accidentally uploaded duplicates because I couldn't tell if an image I've uploaded actually worked, until I leave and reenter the old image upload pop up window. Many thanks!

simurgh

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to say thank you so much for the amazing job you're doing with the forum and community here.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the upgrade.
I could not find the log in button/link when I was using the mobile/cell phone version for the first time, and had to go to My Pages in order to find My Account in the drop down list, clicked onto it and was informed I had to log in first etc..
Is that the correct way to go about logging on please, or is there an easier way?
Thanks for your help in advance.
DK :))

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
No time yet to check this out in detail, but just felt like congratulating on the hard work. Plus, I did want to leave a mark on the new format.

Live long,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When reading pricescope from the Iphone, avatars are so large that they distract from reading the messages. It would be great if in mobile view avatars would schrink to a smaller scale.

Also is there any possibilty to get the topics and not posts of the member shown?

Thank you

I agree that it is very obscure, but the threads are there.

Click on username below the avatar picture.
Go to Profile Page.
Go to Postings. Posts are shown. Go to the bottom of the postings page and in very tiny letters it says "find all theads by .........."

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS no longer works on Tapatalk on my Android phone. Is there some other way to respond to posts without using Tapatalk?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I am on sub-forums other than hangout, I can't figure out how to quickly get back to the "home page" of the subform itself. For example, when on CS, I read a thread but then couldn't find a link to go back to the CS "homepage". The link on the top left just took me back to "diamond prices and grading", and I had to navigate back to CS that way.

Hangout has a button that takes me back to the homepage, but don't see it on other forums.

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Mochiko! Wetsawblade, I did it on my iPad as well so the above instructions work. You have to click more than once....I had only clicked once and quit. How to change your avatar not very clear, at least on iPad.
Thanks for the help! I ended up taking a suggestion posted by dk168 (thx too!) in post #64 & went to the My Pages section & found a link to log out. At least I think I did!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This may have been asked before so I apologize in advance if already addressed. Why are some threads in bold letters and others aren't? I thought maybe once I opened the thread it would change but that isn't the case.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just a note to say thank you to Andrey and the team for their efforts and investments in continuing to improve the site. Just started to tool around, but I can already see several nice features and improvements.

Keep up the good work y'all!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry, another question...how do you bookmark a topic, and did all our bookmarks from the old PS carry over?
I am also on iPad, is the website different on mobiles vs. computers?

Thanks again.

If you mean forum bookmarks, unfortunately, that did not get moved over. If you mean the bookmarks from your browser, then those should be ok.

The new method is to click on watch thread at top of pages and the will show up on in your account settings under watched threads or there is a link under the top menu "Watched Threads".

Let me know if you have any other questions.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This may have been asked before so I apologize in advance if already addressed. Why are some threads in bold letters and others aren't? I thought maybe once I opened the thread it would change but that isn't the case.

They are in bold if you have not read all the posts on that thread. There is a link on top "Mark Forums Read" if you wish to clear them all.

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My screen name changed from Texas Leaguer to my login username. How do I get my old screen name to show below my avatar? Do I need to change my username, and if so, how?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
My screen name changed from Texas Leaguer to my login username. How do I get my old screen name to show below my avatar? Do I need to change my username, and if so, how?

Hi Bryan,

That is one thing we could not fix. I went ahead and updated. You should now use "Texas Leaguer" or your email account when logging in.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I'd appreciate it if you could update my account to my most recent username, VRBeauty. Thank you!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi! I'd appreciate it if you could update my account to my most recent username, VRBeauty. Thank you!

It is done. Please use VRBeauty as your new login name.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried searching a member name, and first the old site came up, and I got an error message when I tried to access her posts. Then I tried again and got an error message on this site.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overwhelmingly BIG on my iPad!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I tried searching a member name, and first the old site came up, and I got an error message when I tried to access her posts. Then I tried again and got an error message on this site.

Anyway you can send me a screenshot?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just tried another name and the list of forums page came up, but here is the error message.
Screenshot 2017-03-21 22.21.48.png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you. I will see if we can figure this out.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I realize I have just been posting things that need addressing, but I do want to add that I think the site upgrade looks wonderful!!!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you for your kind words and I appreciate all that you bring up all the things that need addressing.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't find the emoticons. Is it me, or were they removed?

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
The new website looks good, and thanks for your hard work. Sorry for the many questions, but I have another.

So, I see when you click on the number of posts under the avatar, you see ALL posts someone has made. How do you see just the threads they have started, and not every comment they have made? On the old site, they were seperate.
Thank you

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
At this time this is the way to do it:

[Goto to user profile page]
Click on the user name under the avatar.
Click on the Profile Page.

Click on the Postings tab. This will show you all the members postings.
At the bottom of the list of all the posts you should see the text "Find all threads by user-name"

Click on this and you will get all the thread.

I hope to make this easier soon.

Don't worry about all the questions. They are helpful.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the "new posts" option, I think it might be my new go-to option for perusing Pricescope. It's an easy tool to use and it might even encourage people to venture outside of their "comfort forums." However, being way over to the right on the toolbar this option is kind of buried and not readily visible when I'm using my iPhone. Perhaps it could be moved over to the left of the toolbar? I think an having an easy way to spot threads with recent activity might be more useful and popular than the ability to "Mark forum read."

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! I was referring to the emoticons to respond with.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results