carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So quick and short poll.

Do the Smiley's stay where they are or moved to bottom?
I"d like em at the bottom like before. :clap:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So quick and short poll.

My vote: leave them at the top/where they are.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to think about no badges, but I have to agree amoline about the banners give a little fun.
Also, It ensures consumers see who is in the trade.
Just to be clear, I wasn’t suggesting TRADE badges should go away; just those for us ‘regular folks’. In fact, I think that would help those in the trade stand out more easily to differentiate, given there’d be less busy ‘clutter’ all over, if that makes sense.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More like this?

Seeing it this way makes me think you could reduce/change the font some as well. Might help with even longer names, if that's possible. :lol:

Capture201-alt2.png

Yea ... like that.:clap:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This is how emoticons seem to working at this time:

If you select the emoticon and copy ( ctrl C or command C) then you should be able to paste it with no problem.

Or right click on it -> Copy image address. In the posting section click on insert image ( left of smiles) choose via url anad paste it.

OR drag it in to the posting section

This seems to be the way it is meant to work as a standard way.

I am not sure I want to mess with how copy image works. Sorry for any inconveince on this.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We made a few optimizations.

Please let us know if you still see long post times.

Thank you!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Everyone's opinion carries weight. How about a compromise?

Is this the compromise you are referring to? I think it's a fantastic idea!
However, to keep some of the other users happy that prefer it the old way -- iit would be nice if the individual user could customize that area so we could choose to put smilies in the default spot, or My Favorites, or whatever else. Then, if if a user opts to have smilies as their default #1 spot, they could access as before, or use the bar above.

I also want to add that I think you did a great job updating this forum! And the new smiley box seems cleaner somehow and easier for my old eyes to see what's what, whether it ends up as a button at the top or open on the bottom . :)

MollyBlue

Rough_Rock
@psadmin - again thank you for all your hard work, and also for the chance for us all to give feedback!

I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but any chance we can get the page numbers to show back up under the titles of the threads? And also once you’re in a thread, the navigation buttons/page numbers at the top of the thread so you don’t have to scroll all the way down to change page?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I
Is this the compromise you are referring to? I think it's a fantastic idea!

I also want to add that I think you did a great job updating this forum! And the new smiley box seems cleaner somehow and easier for my old eyes to see what's what, whether it ends up as a button at the top or open on the bottom . :)

Still working out what the best compromise would be. :)

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@psadmin - again thank you for all your hard work, and also for the chance for us all to give feedback!

I know this was mentioned earlier in the thread, but any chance we can get the page numbers to show back up under the titles of the threads? And also once you’re in a thread, the navigation buttons/page numbers at the top of the thread so you don’t have to scroll all the way down to change page?

It is currently missing in mobile and we are working on getting it back.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This might have already been addressed, but I'm having a super hard time reading PS on my phone. If I try to click an image to see it, my screen goes black. I finally realized that somehow the pics are off screen, so all I see is black. It's happening with threads too. Very weird. Is this an issue for anyone else?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Lovedogs,

We are still working on images so maybe that is what is happening to you.

What phone and browser are you using?

Kind regards,
Andrey

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovedogs,

We are still working on images so maybe that is what is happening to you.

What phone and browser are you using?

Kind regards,
Andrey
Samsung note 8, chrome. Here's a screenshot of what happens when I click on a pic to enlarge it
Screenshot_20191011-144707_Chrome.jpg

When I try to scroll around the page to move the image , this is as far as it will go.
Screenshot_20191011-144719_Chrome.jpg

So it seems like somehow the website is confused that I'm on mobile?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have issues on my phone... but didn’t know if it was because of the recent Apple IOS update.

It seems like it may not be a responsive website, and it’s having rendering issues on mobile.

Attachments

• 20C70B68-5960-4872-BB3E-5ADFFA13ECF2.png
    20C70B68-5960-4872-BB3E-5ADFFA13ECF2.png
    88 KB · Views: 82

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And if it sounds like I have no idea what I’m talking about, it’s because I DON’T have any idea what I’m talking about. That is the synopsis my out of town husband gave me when I described to him my issue :doh:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Ok, I see the issue for that. We should be able to fix it. It should have been responsive.

Thanks for the input and information.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @lovedogs and @Wewechew, I reported this early on. Funny thing is when I was at lunch I was looking at the same thread as you @lovedogs and I got pissed about the image thing.

I'm on a Galaxy S9+. Best work around alternative I've found is scroll in the black abyss until you hit the upper right corner and then download the image to your phone. Open up Gallery and then you can see the picture.

That's a really busted way to do it. But it's a temp solution.

@psadmin may the force be with you. At lunch, it was like BLEEEEEPPPPP all over the place. :lol:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you, @sledge you reminded me...

@psadmin I've gone through a system conversion at work, and my husband is in IT, so I can confidently say- you have been doing a magnificent job on this conversion. As far as conversions go, it has been seamless.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you, @sledge you reminded me...

@psadmin I've gone through a system conversion at work, and my husband is in IT, so I can confidently say- you have been doing a magnificent job on this conversion. As far as conversions go, it has been seamless.

This is worth repeating!

I know several of us have been coming at @psadmin with wants, true fixes, etc. You've handled it great and I appreciate your expeditious manner in which you are working to resolve things and your open mind to new concepts and ideas.

Anytime you build or upgrade something, there will be speed bumps. How we handle the speed bumps is what separate the men from the boys.

You sir, are doing a great job. Keep it up! :cool2:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thank you for the kind words!

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I agree, you have been doing an amazing job at this system conversion! I can't imagine the work it must be. Gosh. Well done!

I have some random comments that mostly just agree with everything else I've seen documented on this thread.

I like the current avatars with the name just below and then a little badge that references ideal rock etc. I do pay attention to that information. Visually I feel I notice the name more when it's below the avatar rather than above it, because I look at the picture first and then down to the information below. That's easier than trying to look above the picture first (less visually eye-catching), or at the picture first, above the picture second and then below the picture - that's not the way my eyes work!

The badges are nice as they are. If you wanted to change them, I also like the idea of having the hearts and arrow images and have them progress from one to the other (hearts to arrows or arrows to hearts?) as someone posts more, etc. However, I don't like the idea of having the super ideal HCA bar with the green and the red and an arrow against it. That means that rough rocks would be in the red section and I don't think that's appropriate, personally. Not a nice message to send newcomers. :oops2:

I also would prefer to have the smilies at the bottom of the post, like they were before. Currently I'm zoomed in on this text box, so I can't see the screen header. As I insert my smilies as I go along, this means I now have to scroll back up each time I want to insert a smilie. If they were right below as I type, I wouldn't have to. That's just my experience/preference, I totally hear that some people are happy with them at the top and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they stayed there. =)2

Currently, I'm on my computer, and not my mobile, and I'm really glad I can't see the whole array of previous picture uploads that had been sitting below these text boxes. Thanks so much for getting rid of that! I've just checked my mobile and I can't see it on there either. Phew.

I was also having that black picture problem that @Wewechew was mentioning - haven't checked currently if that's still an issue but I hope that's resolved too.

I also hope that the full picture vs the attachment thing is resolved. I preferred when all the pictures loaded, rather than coming up as an attachment. I don't engage very well with the attachments; I'm very disinclined to click on them, and that definitely reduces my user experience. That's also a shame for whomever uploaded the pictures, that fewer people are admiring them as much as they might have otherwise.

Furthermore, I recently made a post where I uploaded a picture, placed it into the text, then decided I didn't like it. I deleted it from the text and uploaded a different one. I didn't delete it from the attachments at the bottom, because that's never been an issue before. I'm pretty sure that was just before the upgrade of the system. It posted just the picture I had uploaded into the text (as I wanted). I looked at the thread after the upload, and it now has the in-text picture, but also the attachment picture that I didn't want to upload. I would have preferred if that didn't happen. Actually that worries me slightly, does that mean for every other post I've uploaded where I prevaricated over my content, that if I were to go back to them now I would see attachment photos of pictures that I didn't actually want in my text??? :shock::eek2:

Anyway regardless of all my various random comments about everything, thank you again for all the hard work you have done on this! I love Pricescope. :kiss2:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found the scrolling right/left of the board names on my PC (top of the bar). I love that. Thank you @psadmin.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So quick and short poll.

I like them on the top, but can work with them on the bottom. So, I'm Switzerland on this one.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like them on the top, but can work with them on the bottom. So, I'm Switzerland on this one.
I'd prefer smilies at the bottom b/c it doesn't block the reply box.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
I love that I can use my own emojis!! ❤️❤️❤️

Strangely, when reading a thread on my iPhone, I can scroll up and down like normal, but the screen also scrolls to the left, taking the thread out of view if I’m not careful. It does not, however, scroll to the right. The right side seems fixed in place. Hope this makes sense.

MK Malone

Shiny_Rock
Well, following up about using my own emojis....I used hearts, happy faces and thumbs up. Only the hearts came through.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that I can use my own emojis!! ❤❤❤

Strangely, when reading a thread on my iPhone, I can scroll up and down like normal, but the screen also scrolls to the left, taking the thread out of view if I’m not careful. It does not, however, scroll to the right. The right side seems fixed in place. Hope this makes sense.

Great point about the scrolling. I'm on Android and the same problem. However I can regain control. Just annoying.

Well, following up about using my own emojis....I used hearts, happy faces and thumbs up. Only the hearts came through.

Im guessing you are on your mobile, and that the Emojis that will show are those preloaded in the forum smilies.

Testing. ❤️♥️

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm guessing you are on your mobile, and that the Emojis that will show are those preloaded in the forum smilies.

Testing. ❤♥

Lol, so much for that idea. I used a combo of items I thought was preloaded and ones that weren't. Only red hearts showed up.

Screen cap....❤️♥️

Screenshot_20191013-025614_Chrome.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen cap of horizontal scrolling issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191013-025859_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191013-025859_Chrome.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 74
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results