shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

BMI

Shiny_Rock
As a rough rock my opinion likely doesn't carry much weight but I was thrilled with the change you made to the smileys (and sad they will be changed back to the old format). Clearly I am in the minority, but I find it easier to use the smiley button in the tool bar at the top. I find them visually distracting at the bottom when I am trying to type my message and don't like having to scroll up and down each time I want to insert one. I also prefer that the preview and post reply buttons are now directly under the message box instead of having to scroll past all the smileys. Just wanted to let Admin know that at least one person liked the change. :clap: =)2

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Here is the best way to do it.

user-thread-search.png

When I tried searching like outlined in the above pic, the search returned random comments where the user was tagged, or a comment by the user, not a list of threads created by the user.
Also, looking for threads in a user's profile returned "No results found."

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That depends on how you copied them and from what page?

Can you tell me where you copied them from? I wonder if we can make them like smiles? hmmm
Emoticons from HO.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Testing...
1570661765048.png 1570661790604.png
1570605999862.png

Still no animation

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@psadmin An upgrade is never easy - first and foremost colour me hugely impressed that y'all were able to complete successfully over one night!!

I did have two questions - I don't know what might be possible.
1. Would it be possible to allow users to delete their own images? I've become more aware of my presence on the internet over the years, and have a few I would like to remove. I know I can always ask the moderators for help, but I do feel bad doing that several times!
2. Many threads now show both full-size images and those same images as attachments. Can we eliminate visibility of the attachments, so only full-size renderings are visible in threads? The duplication takes a LOT of space on a mobile interface.

Great points. I'd love to be able to delete some of my previous images w/o asking for help from the admins. Unfortunately I think it's that way on purpose as they want the content available for those that may search historical records.

Also, agree, either do full embed or always an attachment. The combo is too much. FWIW, I've seen it before where the attachments show small at the bottom but when you click they enlarge larger (within the forum post) and you can go left/right sort of like how you can do with photos on WF or HPD's sites.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Testing...
1570661765048.png 1570661790604.png
1570605999862.png

Still no animation

slider_grouphugg.gif

You physically have to drag & drop them. I did it above. Once I got them from the original thread I moved the mouse to the tab where this edit box was. Then I had to drag my mouse down to the edit box and drop them in it. All while never accidentally letting up on the mouse.

Quite a chore.

If you use your mouse to right click & copy and then paste, you get this as something happens in the past operations to convert from native format of GIF to PNG, which does not animate.

1570663894092.png

Same thing if you use the keyboard controls, CTRL C and then CTRL V.

1570663972005.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI, here is a very rough version of the spit balling we were doing earlier.

This doesn't work as nicely as the actual VC logo with the additional colors. I'm thinking an ASET + blue hearts image, or possibly actual blue arrows and blue hearts images instead of the wire type drawings.

Also, the size and placement of the HCA calculator bar needs refined.

Inkedcombined_LI.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This might be more realistic, size wise. 150 pixels wide.

Looks a little better, but still needs work.

Inkedcombined_LI-150.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slider_grouphugg.gif

You physically have to drag & drop them. I did it above. Once I got them from the original thread I moved the mouse to the tab where this edit box was. Then I had to drag my mouse down to the edit box and drop them in it. All while never accidentally letting up on the mouse.

Quite a chore.
Hope Andrey can change it back to GIF copy and paste.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I prefer Alternate 2. Get the right H&A image and have the arrows & hearts patterns at various stages to match the level of user, along with the black arrow shifting position and the title name change inside the bar and I think it's uniform, yet simple.

Alternate 1:

Inkedcombined_LI-alt1.jpg

Alternate 2:

alt2.png

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I tried searching like outlined in the above pic, the search returned random comments where the user was tagged, or a comment by the user, not a list of threads created by the user.
Also, looking for threads in a user's profile returned "No results found."

Until search is fully functional, try using the forum filters. Downside is it filters specific forums, but it will give you what you want.

Click to enlarge.

Capture100.PNG

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive me if this was already asked, but do we really need ‘badges’ when our post count and join date is visible, and basically let’s someone easily decipher ‘newbie’ from not? Less graphics probably helps ‘declutter’ things visually and pages load a smidge faster ... and it’s one less thing to worry about maintaining. Just a thought. :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The go to page jump field works perfectly on iPhone (iOS 12) and it is fantastic! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a rough rock my opinion likely doesn't carry much weight but I was thrilled with the change you made to the smileys (and sad they will be changed back to the old format). Clearly I am in the minority, but I find it easier to use the smiley button in the tool bar at the top. I find them visually distracting at the bottom when I am trying to type my message and don't like having to scroll up and down each time I want to insert one. I also prefer that the preview and post reply buttons are now directly under the message box instead of having to scroll past all the smileys. Just wanted to let Admin know that at least one person liked the change. :clap: =)2
I like it this way too ::)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it this way too ::)

I see @psadmin has already altered the default images section so "My Favorites" is now primary, and the smilies are still on top as you like. This does give a very clean and uncluttered look and feel.

Perhaps if this was the default, then it could make users like yourself and @BMI happy. And I'm sure there are many others as well.

However, to keep some of the other users happy that prefer it the old way -- iit would be nice if the individual user could customize that area so we could choose to put smilies in the default spot, or My Favorites, or whatever else. Then, if if a user opts to have smilies as their default #1 spot, they could access as before, or use the bar above.

Capture100.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive me if this was already asked, but do we really need ‘badges’ when our post count and join date is visible, and basically let’s someone easily decipher ‘newbie’ from not? Less graphics probably helps ‘declutter’ things visually and pages load a smidge faster ... and it’s one less thing to worry about maintaining. Just a thought. :wavey:

I kind of like this too. Provides a nice clean look. And while the banner images are teeny tiny, it would make upgrades easier and save some tiny amount of bandwidth.

Suggest making the user name bigger and using a dark blue color, bold type and underline font. Making the status the lighter blue color and smaller, but still bold.

Capture101.PNG

BMI

Shiny_Rock
Another benefit to removing the banners is that it will reduce the necessary vertical space required for each post. There is a LOT of empty white to scroll through when many of the posts are only one or two lines long. This is not much of an issue in Rocky Talk or threads asking for help, but is very common in the show me the bling threads in many different forums.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@psadmin An upgrade is never easy - first and foremost colour me hugely impressed that y'all were able to complete successfully over one night!!

I did have two questions - I don't know what might be possible.
1. Would it be possible to allow users to delete their own images? I've become more aware of my presence on the internet over the years, and have a few I would like to remove. I know I can always ask the moderators for help, but I do feel bad doing that several times!
2. Many threads now show both full-size images and those same images as attachments. Can we eliminate visibility of the attachments, so only full-size renderings are visible in threads? The duplication takes a LOT of space on a mobile interface.

1) I need to think about this.
2) We are still working on this. Is still seems to be some issue we missed.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Everyone's opinion carries weight. How about a compromise?
Hope Andrey can change it back to GIF copy and paste.

We will try to do what we can. I also like to be able to just copy it. Not sure if it is a core software issue.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I'm a little partial to actually having usernames above avatars, but that's just personal preference at the end of the day.

I don't really pay attention to badges or titles, truthfully, but they do add just a bit of fun.

The avatars in posts seem rather large to me, but I'm not sure if they're the same size as before. I think something a bit larger than the size in the post draft preview (that you see on the left when typing) and smaller than how they currently are may make things feel a little more compact.

But avatars that are almost 200x200px are pushing pretty big avatars for a forum.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
So just to make sure leave the smiles at th top
I kind of like this too. Provides a nice clean look. And while the banner images are teeny tiny, it would make upgrades easier and save some tiny amount of bandwidth.

Suggest making the user name bigger and using a dark blue color, bold type and underline font. Making the status the lighter blue color and smaller, but still bold.

Capture101.PNG

I do like the clean look and larger font for Avatar. Will need to double check how it might look for long names. :)
I need to think about no badges, but I have to agree amoline about the banners give a little fun.
Also, It ensures consumers see who is in the trade.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
So quick and short poll.

Do the Smiley's stay where they are or moved to bottom?

amoline

Shiny_Rock
Don't mind the smilies where they are at the top. I like the streamlined look.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like the clean look and larger font for Avatar. Will need to double check how it might look for long names. :)
I need to think about no badges, but I have to agree amoline about the banners give a little fun.
Also, It ensures consumers see who is in the trade.

See below. @Garry H (Cut Nut) has a long user name, so I have used him as an example.

Also, on the title, I elected to show him as Trade as I felt that superseded his Super Ideal Rock status. Plus when I tried to use both titles in typed format, it looked too cluttered.

Since you were worried someone may not recognize a member as trade without the badge, I used your logo that you use in the main post, shrunk it to 65% and then used the grey color and fill bucket to try to match the background. A cool mishap occurred. It left a white outline around the logo which I think makes it more noticeable, and may alleviate one of your concerns.

I guess the question becomes: is someone offended they are trade instead of trade + super ideal rock? Also, what happens if you have unique situations like: super ideal rock + trade + moderator. Or maybe trade + moderator. Which title wins?

For moderators, maybe a different font color is needed or an italicized format?

Capture201.PNG

So quick and short poll.

Do the Smiley's stay where they are or moved to bottom?

I'm okay if they stay as-is, but I'd really like a custom option to modify that bottom bar as I mentioned in post #195. Then I could put my smilies there if I desired and you wouldn't have to worry about making me happy because of individual preference.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To @amoline's point earlier about having the name on top, here is an alternate version similar to what he is saying.

I know it's not perfectly centered, etc. Just a chop job. But should give us an idea.

Alternate:
Capture201-alt.png

Original:
Capture201.PNG

amoline

Shiny_Rock
I can Photoshop this later as an example, but most forums I've been on have the name atop an avatar and a badge below it - essentially, the badge always has its own space, so if it's there, it's visible, and if not, there's nothing in its normal space like a name - makes things like badges very visible.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you like the banners/logos then a really easy transition would be to utilize a similar format. Keep the titles all in lower case as you have done and the diamonds on the outside.

But maybe differentiate trade with a different color.

<> super ideal rock <>
<> ideal rock <>

LOL, those jacked looking <> symbols is supposed to be a diamond logo.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can Photoshop this later as an example, but most forums I've been on have the name atop an avatar and a badge below it - essentially, the badge always has its own space, so if it's there, it's visible, and if not, there's nothing in its normal space like a name - makes things like badges very visible.

More like this?

Seeing it this way makes me think you could reduce/change the font some as well. Might help with even longer names, if that's possible. :lol:

Capture201-alt2.png

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More like this?

Seeing it this way makes me think you could reduce/change the font some as well. Might help with even longer names, if that's possible. :lol:

Capture201-alt2.png
I like this mock up best.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results