shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But much easier if it was under the reply box like before.

I also brought up. They are in a different location (not as convenient IMO) and also not the same ones we had before.

Earlier @psadsaid he would fix the smilies.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, however I have difficulties viewing the pictures on my Android phone.
When I clicked on the thumbnail, a big picture would appear, and I can't navigate to view it.
Thanks for looking into this in advance.
Still finding my way around the new layout, and I am glad the contrast issue has been resolved.
Thanks Admins for all the hard work you have done.

DK :))

I addressed on page 1 with screen caps. Basically the image has no touch control. You.have to use the black area on the sides and top and bottom to pinch zoom and slide the image around. And it's very limited at this point.

As a temp solution, you may try requesting the desktop version on your phone. Another user posted Apple instructions. I posted instructions for Android Chrome.

Re: adding images to posts, I only have access to 24 of mine right now and when I hit “show more” it just loads the second set of twelve again every time. Idk if this is also something having to do with being indexed.

I noticed none of my favorite images were showing up either. I assume both matters are related to reindexing.

But quite honestly I found the image system before of favorites to be confusing. I'd mark favorites but they didn't always show up. So kind of had a mind of it's own.

I post lots of images. It would be nice to have the ability to fully control favorites and possibly other user created categories of pictures.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might add inserting multiple quotes is funky on the mobile side. Not as clunky as the images but sizing goes out of whack.

Below is a screen cap of the default screen.

I've noticed fresh instances seem slower, whereas I tested previously quoted messages to get a screen cap and it was faster. My gut tells me that may be a speed issue related to reindexing.

Alas, a few randome times after I hit insert I get a blank screen. I can't consistently make it repeat to grab a screen cap but it's like it gets stuck. When I hit the back button, the quoted messages are in the edit box.

Screenshot_20191008-070401_Chrome.jpg

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had some big issues about 15 years ago. Maybe people would be better behaved today, but vendors not associated with PS were loging on and bombarding people looking to buy with offers.
Almost impossible to moderate!
Could you turn it off for all trade people? It's not like we don't all know how to get a hold of them outside of PS.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Search should be working better now. Let me know if you still see issues.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s my favorite button on Ps lol.

Please put it back at the top where it was. Thanks
Yes, please put "New Posts" button back! It's hard to find buried under "Community".
It was my go-to button for surfing PS. I can see the lightening bolt tab on my cell phone, but I mostly look at PS on my laptop.
The populated column down below is awkward.

Last edited:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you turn it off for all trade people? It's not like we don't all know how to get a hold of them outside of PS.

Perhaps I misinterpreted, but I think @Garry H (Cut Nut) meant that it was random vendors creating shill accounts for no purpose other than advertising and spamming folks.

From what I can tell, the current PS vendors are playing by the rules. I don't think they would be the problem if PM's were allowed. It'd be random XYZ Diamonds that isn't part of this forum or registered as trade that would create an account for the sole purpose of spamming/advertising.

The only way I know to combat that is to cut off the system as they've already done, or implement a strategy similar to what I noted earlier about requiring X number of posts and/or X number of time and/or X number of "quality posts" before the PM function is enabled.

Also, if enabled, I suppose there should be a "report concern" button on PM's in case someone slips through and starts abusing the system. Then a copy of the message could be reported back to the admins, who could run an IP search and take appropriate actions -- although I guess smart offenders could resort to VPN's, proxies and/or public wi-fi.

I guess that's why I believe making someone invest TIME AND QUALITY to unlock features is a good idea. Most things can be defeated if someone is persistent and/or smart enough. What you are wanting to do is deter the masses that don't find the (mischievous) effort worthwhile and they move on.

One thing that is cool about this forum is it has a "family feel" to it, and the admins I believe have a sincere interest in protecting it's users. So while I find this issue a little frustrating I can also understand the quandary they are facing as I know the intentions are good as they want to protect their family.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please put "New Posts" button back! It's hard to find buried under "Community".
It was my go-to button for surfing PS.

I actually like the lightning bolt on the mobile side -- quick, easy to find & simple.

My 2 cents -- just add to the desktop version and call it a day.

Capture100.PNG

When using the mobile version I find the Edit/Delete option a little quirky. As a guy I have bigger fingers so I understand that is part of the problem. That said, I'm not sure how I feel about the 3 dots -- I actualy prefer it to say Edit/Delete, but that's a preference issue.

Where I do feel there could be some benefit is to scoot over the 3 dots further from the Report Concern button so I don't accidentally hit it.

Notice the differences:

Capture101.PNG

Capture102.PNG

Search should be working better now. Let me know if you still see issues.
Thank you for the fix Andrey! The search function is working as expected. I used the same search terms as before and now the results are coming up again :cool2:

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Sorry seemed we had a glitch.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
@sledge and others...

Regarding PM's, it has been like this for over 12 years and there where many reasons for it.

In the 12 years, I have had very few requests for it.

Once we get pasts all the changes and double testing, I promise to at least give it another consideration and how it might make sense to allow it.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge and others...

Regarding PM's, it has been like this for over 12 years and there where many reasons for it.

Once we get pasts all the changes and double testing, I promise to at least give it another consideration and how it might make sense to allow it.

Fair enough. Thank you for considering.

Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with testing, etc. Always happy to help where I can.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see the button, but once INSIDE an existing thread, you have an auto populated side bar with them. ;-)

Also, by habit, I tried to drag & drop an image again. It did it, but changed the movement. Before the screen was much more interactive in the fact it kind of greyed out, etc while it made the motion. Now it just says "Move" and it worked.

Capture100.PNG
It’s my favorite button on Ps lol.

Please put it back at the top where it was. Thanks
It was my go-to button for surfing PS. I can see the lightening bolt tab on my cell phone, but I mostly look at PS on my laptop.

Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes to get the upgrade done smoothly and with minimal issues! :))

re: the New Posts thing, at the moment...

- I can see the Lightning Bolt 'New Posts' button at the top of the threads list when I click the Community main page, and
- there are a range of New Post options at the top of the New Post page,

but...

- in the individual forums (RT, SMTB, etc.) there is no New Posts button, and
- the New Posts link when you are viewing a thread is now at the top of the New Posts box halfway down the right-hand side of the page.

It would be really useful if it was possible to have a New Posts button at the top of the forum - perhaps at the start of the row where the RT, SMTB, etc. quick links are located?? - but I appreciate the forum software might not allow it!

EDIT: Ooh, and may I check if it would be possible to increase the size of the font of the name of the latest poster for each thread on the New Posts page and in the forum sections? The date/time of the latest post is massive but the author is teeny tiny! :lol:

Last edited:

MollyBlue

Rough_Rock
I’ve got another question - although I might just be being dim....

Is there still a way to see threads started by a certain member? When I now click on a members name, I only see the option to see all their activity, including replies to all threads. But I can’t see an option to see just the threads they themselves started. Am I missing something obvious?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Fair enough. Thank you for considering.

Also, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with testing, etc. Always happy to help where I can.

Thank you for all you are doing. If I think of something specific, I will definitely ask you.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes to get the upgrade done smoothly and with minimal issues! :))

re: the New Posts thing, at the moment...

- I can see the Lightning Bolt 'New Posts' button at the top of the threads list when I click the Community main page, and
- there are a range of New Post options at the top of the New Post page,

but...

- in the individual forums (RT, SMTB, etc.) there is no New Posts button, and
- the New Posts link when you are viewing a thread is now at the top of the New Posts box halfway down the right-hand side of the page.

It would be really useful if it was possible to have a New Posts button at the top of the forum - perhaps at the start of the row where the RT, SMTB, etc. quick links are located?? - but I appreciate the forum software might not allow it!

EDIT: Ooh, and may I check if it would be possible to increase the size of the font of the name of the latest poster for each thread on the New Posts page? The date/time of the latest post is massive but the author is teeny tiny! :lol:

We plan to get the new post button on all pages. :)

And we will look at the fonts as well.

Thank you all for your input and for being patient.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Is there any possibility we will be able to delete some of our attachments? Having 3 rows of attachments under the post box is distracting and most of us don't repost them multiple times.

We are working on image issues. Hopefully, it will resolve somethings.

What about having the "My Favorites" be the default tab?

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think that would be very helpful!

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
My content is gone :( and when I click on "Messages" it says "no content found" :(

EmeraldEmpress

Shiny_Rock
and now this post is the ONLY thing showing up in my content and messages....

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
and now this post is the ONLY thing showing up in my content and messages....

Don't worry your content is not gone. It is just an issue with the search indexing. I will have it looked into.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are working on image issues. Hopefully, it will resolve somethings.

What about having the "My Favorites" be the default tab?

I'd like to see it in this order: Smilies > My Favs > User Created Folder (if made available) > My Attachments > List Attachments

Also, the size of the attachments is odd. Attached are a few screen shots to show what I mean.

Desktop Version:
As you can see, the first two rows are much longer than the 3rd row.

I believe this is driven by the user content that is stored in that space. For instance, in the first row, It appears the image on the far right is causing the first 3 images to have overly large vertical space.

On the second row, it appears the 2nd, 3rd and 4th image could be culprits but the 3rd is the tallest; therefore, I think it is driving that vertical height on that row.

On the third row, it appears the 3rd image is also driving the vertical height.

Short version -- make the vertical heights static, instead of dynamic. The widths are identical regardless of actual image widths so those are already set in a static format. I personally think the vertical height of the blue box is preferable as the red boxes are nearly 2x the size.

Capture100.PNG

Mobile View:
Using developer tools on Chrome, I was able to emulate an iPhone 6/7/8+ environment. Same issue, just more sporadic as you don't have the width to maintain 4 rows.

After seeing the mobile view, it becomes more obvious the current setting has to be dynamic so it adjusts according to image size. Using a static environment will force it smaller and create less scrolling, etc. Although it may compromise the image view ability to some degree.

Capture102.PNG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge and others...

Andrey
Maybe only allowed to PSers with > 200 posts? and give members an option of PM on/off. I never did have any problems when we had PMs.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When writing my last post I was trying to highlight the desired text and then hit the bold, italic and color functions so I could change the select text elements using the edit box.

Right now the entire bar is non-functional. Doesn't matter what I choose -- bold, italic, color, strike through, smilies, pictures, URL, etc.

Using keyboard shortcuts still work: CTRL+B for bold, CTRL+I for italics, CTRL+U for underline, CTRL+S for strikeout, etc.

The smilies were working for me earlier. Perhaps this is being updated as I type?

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Great suggestions.

I think we move the smiles to the bottom and make that the default, instead.

Regarding "My Attachments", I am sure we will figure something out.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
When writing my last post I was trying to highlight the desired text and then hit the bold, italic and color functions so I could change the select text elements using the edit box.

Right now the entire bar is non-functional. Doesn't matter what I choose -- bold, italic, color, strike through, smilies, pictures, URL, etc.

Using keyboard shortcuts still work: CTRL+B for bold, CTRL+I for italics, CTRL+U for underline, CTRL+S for strikeout, etc.

The smilies were working for me earlier. Perhaps this is being updated as I type?

Bold Italic.... Looks like it is working for me.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

It might be the glitch we are seeing. Since I was able to do it.

Keep me in the loop if you are still seeing it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results