shape
carat
color
clarity

Announcement PriceScope Upgrade of October 7th

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having trouble searching old threads for users. For example if I know that Nala bought a setting that I'm considering buying and I type her name in the search field it doesn't bring up any of her threads.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very useful feature I used before was the ability to drag & drop screen caps, files, etc onto the message screen and they would upload. Now I have to physically hit the "Attach Files" button and select the files.

Obviously, it's functional, but less fast & functional, at least for me. I know, drag & drop -- Mac OS habits die hard.

I can't really get a screen shot of this, but if you try it, you should notice what I am talking about.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D'oh.....thank you @Wewechew.

Looks like we added some phone emoji's but lost some of the others we had. That should be a fun task, lol.

Capture99.PNG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see a “new posts” button where I can see all new posts across the forums without having to click on each forum, thanks.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see a “new posts” button where I can see all new posts across the forums without having to click on each forum, thanks.
I never knew PS had that feature! Thank you for pointing this out =)

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't see the button, but once INSIDE an existing thread, you have an auto populated side bar with them. ;-)

Also, by habit, I tried to drag & drop an image again. It did it, but changed the movement. Before the screen was much more interactive in the fact it kind of greyed out, etc while it made the motion. Now it just says "Move" and it worked.

Capture100.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, looks like the Russian's broke the system.....Linux and Russian speak everywhere. :geek2: ;)2

Notice the filename: pricescope.com/community/attachments/Снимок-экрана-от-2019-10-07-12-40-03-png

1570465164574.png

Attachments

• 1570465143614.png
    1570465143614.png
    300.1 KB · Views: 77

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I only have my phone with me on vacation so I don’t know what it’s like on the desktop. I’ve clicked “request desktop site” on my browser but it’s just returning the same page.
Where is that option? :confused:

Eady

Rough_Rock
I'm having trouble searching old threads for users. For example if I know that Nala bought a setting that I'm considering buying and I type her name in the search field it doesn't bring up any of her threads.

Same issue when trying to view a users previous content through their profile - says no content found- I wonder if the link between usernames and their old posts has been lost?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buff
Where is that option? :confused:

if you’re on an iPhone, hit the button at the bottom of your screen that’s like a box with an arrow pointing out the top, then scroll right to ”request desktop site.” Great to do for all the mobile sites that don’t have the same features as the desktop ones.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same issue when trying to view a users previous content through their profile - says no content found- I wonder if the link between usernames and their old posts has been lost?

Yeah, I can’t find any of my old posts by clicking my profile. Sadface.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I can’t find any of my old posts by clicking my profile. Sadface.

If you hit your profile and hit messages they should be there. Just tried it and it works for me.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you hit your profile and hit messages they should be there. Just tried it and it works for me.

Weird. I can only see the ones posted since the upgrade for all the users I’ve tried.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weird. I can only see the ones posted since the upgrade for all the users I’ve tried.

Uh oh my bad. Sorry. I didn't search further down. You are right. Nothing since the upgrade. I am sure they will straighten it out.
(I blame my RW brain lol...a few hours of sleep every night for the past few months and interrupted sleep at that...takes its toll on the brain)

MollyBlue

Rough_Rock
I’m also missing page numbers on the main forum page. And there are now no page numbers at the top of each thread either.

I also seem to have stopped receiving notifications for any watched posts.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

Thanks for the upgrades! I like the new logo. On the sidebar menu in the main page on mobile, there is no forum link. I see it in the paragraph in the body of the page and at the very bottom.

Attachments

• 31D0E9DA-A58F-4A95-8831-F199782CFB62.png
    31D0E9DA-A58F-4A95-8831-F199782CFB62.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 101

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buff

if you’re on an iPhone, hit the button at the bottom of your screen that’s like a box with an arrow pointing out the top, then scroll right to ”request desktop site.” Great to do for all the mobile sites that don’t have the same features as the desktop ones.
Oh, I'm usually on my desktop computer.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm usually on my desktop computer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Then you need a solution to go mobile. Open Chrome. Hit F12 to open developer's tools and click the little tablet/phone device. Voila!

Capture100.PNG

Capture99.PNG

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those on Chrome for Android, you can get to desktop version by clicking the 3 dots on upper right menu bar. Then click desktop site.

Screenshot_20191007-160909_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20191007-160936_Chrome.jpg

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
I will check my desktop later and write back. I'm also limited to mobile for the time being. However, I am getting the same thing on my mobile. Screen shots attached.

Known thread with multiple pages.

From main RT page (no page numbers):
Screenshot_20191007-074022_Chrome.jpg

Bottom of thread, says 1 of 3 and next page or last page >> seems to be the only options. Perhaps it changes if 4+ pages?

Screenshot_20191007-074132_Chrome.jpg

Top view of thread. No page navigation or indicators:

Screenshot_20191007-074215_Chrome.jpg

If you click on the [1-3] on the pages it will let you enter any page.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Regarding the Search it will take a few days to reindex the site.

Thanks for being patient.

We will also add the Smiles.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are also looking into the long time, but my guess it is due to search indexing.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you click on the [1-3] on the pages it will let you enter any page.

Regarding the Search it will take a few days to reindex the site.

Thanks for being patient.

We will also add the Smiles.

Thank you on both items. I should have tried clicking on the 1-3 as you noted -- sorry.

Also, glad to hear about the search functionality. Just curious, but how many threads, etc has to be reindexed? I imagine a boat load. Only asking so people understand what a tedious process that is.

As a temporary get-by, you may consider using refined Google searches, which can be quite powerful when used with certain Boolean operators.

Also, I noticed reactions and warnings show up in user profiles now. Kind of neat.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Searches can take a long time such as a few days as we have a lot of information.

We are also looking at the caching on our side. Sometimes those needs to be retuned after upgrades.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
You can also use the search by clicking the filter button on the right above the first post.

It should be working for most searches.

ps-search-filters..png

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Posting test

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Trying again