color
clarity

Pricescope memory lane

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let’s take a moment to step back
To cherish what we atready have...
What are your personal favourites if you look back at your time here on PS? The threads, designers, colours, jewels, stones, metals that inpired you? And please post pics!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will start:
I was immediately mesmerized and inspired by @yssie ’s french cut thread! LGK’s ring by Victor Canera was one of the rings that stood out for me as it had an OEC. Here is LGK’s ring:
0A0ABF47-DB16-4ED9-97E4-0B5E6C6F920D.jpeg
Did not believe my eyes when I saw the Paraiba ring by Leon Mege. It fuelled my love for Paraibas and I love curating the Paraiba thread.
487D2B81-7015-402F-9D0C-378EC5C37E9E.jpeg
@arkieb1 became a true PS friend. She helped me with my own french cut ring. And she teached me to have a more precise eye when it comes to gemstones and helped me selecting some gorgeous stones. She gave me coloured stone courage which resulted in some beautiful stones
@dk168 is another PS friend. It was great to do the Doug Menadue project with her, the sweet @mochiko42 and others. I love her strength in life.
7AA9C118-D832-44CE-B0A3-F3673EDA017D.jpeg
Through PS I found out about some great designers like Leon Mege, Alistair Kelsey and my favourite: Victor Canera.
03B3E490-C714-43DF-BD6A-47D9AB2CB01A.jpeg

Looking forward to read about your journey!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh.
My Pricescope journey started with what I thought was a spessartite garnet. I bought it on eBay, 14kt yellow gold and very pretty. It wasn’t, it was an orange synthetic sapphire.
And I had thought I knew a bit about gemstones!
So somewhat embarrassed I decided to learn more. And I have, lots more. I was fascinated by the concept of “jewellery projects”. I have always bought preloved to get better value for my money.
Then I found the gem haul.
And as is often the way, it falling into my lap was just good fortune. It had absolutely nothing to do with my gem knowledge. I bought at a deceased estate auction house clearance a tatty old cardboard box removed from the bottom of wardrobe filled with bits and pieces (and desiccated dead insects), rusty tins and various bead, some broken ,necklaces. I bought it for the beads.
Well well well.
Out of that came the saga of the ring I called Truth. For those who remember. A young woman with a very unfortunate story inspired me to give to her a yellow sapphire from the gem haul. For free. Another kind hearted PSer, suzanne, wrangled a deal with David Klass to get a beautiful setting made at cost and Suz also sent David money to help pay for the setting.
And then the truth came out!
Truth still lives with Suz and one day I’ll fly over to the US for a face to face fun time with Suz and maybe bring Truth back home with me.
Here are some photos.
7034A1F9-1B61-4893-A57A-4DFCA27E21ED.jpeg 8B28598B-A183-4B1D-9229-DE6BB585198F.jpeg 4FE79E8C-0E2C-4C59-9931-4A6A1658A85B.jpeg C34807D4-B577-4A3F-9F87-0069BFCC63EA.jpeg 6B7426EA-3C97-4488-B326-A6F149EDCE08.jpeg DAA56002-17E0-47BB-A834-54A69150C94F.jpeg

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I learned to love antique cuts here and about the process of custom making jewelry after being very disappointed in my first attempt with a local jeweler.

Also this ring has been in my photo file for a long time now. Someday the right marquise will find me and I’ll make my own version. I apologize I don’t remember who posted this.
BB10FA77-134A-469D-9501-6E32EEE22A81.jpeg 8E4113E9-8C3E-4672-A9B0-8083AACC70B0.jpeg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I always liked the show us your mahenge spinels thread

And the pricescope hall of fame thread

(Some of the pieces in here are lovely like this https://www.pricescope.com/communit...lor-antique-cushion-from-single-stone.194635/ for example).

For fun to read and eye candy, probably the threads dedicated to a colour like the two 'red thread's, the show us your colours of the rainbow. And it is completely random but I liked some of ArtNouveau's threads like
(Also her ones on mahenge spinels, and paraibas. My hypertext linking button isnt working so I wont link everything.) for eye candy, and some of Justin_Cutter's threads for buying stones from Thailand (I.e. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-58-ct-blue-sapphire-gemsthailand.163440/) -- they were just fun reads.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Going on my tenth year here (gah, imagine that! :oops2: ), the thing that stands out even more than the education about great lapidaries and good gem labs, is the community. I have made good friends here, and learned a lot. To this day, one of the places I head every day to see what's going on (besides, of course, CS) is Hangout.

I love so many of the stones I've seen, way too many to mention here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot choose. So many glamorous romantic and elegant pieces here. PSers collective taste is exquisite indeed. Suffice to say I wouldn't say no to most any piece on PS.

:love:

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
Gosh.
My Pricescope journey started with what I thought was a spessartite garnet. I bought it on eBay, 14kt yellow gold and very pretty. It wasn’t, it was an orange synthetic sapphire.
And I had thought I knew a bit about gemstones!
So somewhat embarrassed I decided to learn more. And I have, lots more. I was fascinated by the concept of “jewellery projects”. I have always bought preloved to get better value for my money.
Then I found the gem haul.
And as is often the way, it falling into my lap was just good fortune. It had absolutely nothing to do with my gem knowledge. I bought at a deceased estate auction house clearance a tatty old cardboard box removed from the bottom of wardrobe filled with bits and pieces (and desiccated dead insects), rusty tins and various bead, some broken ,necklaces. I bought it for the beads.
Well well well.
Out of that came the saga of the ring I called Truth. For those who remember. A young woman with a very unfortunate story inspired me to give to her a yellow sapphire from the gem haul. For free. Another kind hearted PSer, suzanne, wrangled a deal with David Klass to get a beautiful setting made at cost and Suz also sent David money to help pay for the setting.
And then the truth came out!
Truth still lives with Suz and one day I’ll fly over to the US for a face to face fun time with Suz and maybe bring Truth back home with me.
Here are some photos.
7034A1F9-1B61-4893-A57A-4DFCA27E21ED.jpeg 8B28598B-A183-4B1D-9229-DE6BB585198F.jpeg 4FE79E8C-0E2C-4C59-9931-4A6A1658A85B.jpeg C34807D4-B577-4A3F-9F87-0069BFCC63EA.jpeg 6B7426EA-3C97-4488-B326-A6F149EDCE08.jpeg DAA56002-17E0-47BB-A834-54A69150C94F.jpeg

I remember when that thing happened with Truth. As it was all going down, I remember being so angry for everyone involved. About a week afterward, you offered to help me with some melee, and it struck me how kind & generous you are @Bron357 . Overall, that situation really highlighted to me that an online community shares so many traits with a IRL one. I don't know how to say- it makes the world feel smaller and better to me, that so many people are still good and helpful to each other, despite being wronged.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first PS loves that kept me returning, before I knew the many wonderful people here, were @diamondseeker2006 ’s AVR as well as @missy ’s OEC that @Austina now has. Those and others opened up my eyes to the beauty of old cuts and changed my jewelry desires forever.
Thank you all for providing me my jewelry fix, the most gorgeous eye candy, that isn’t a chain store catalog mailed to the home. :lol:

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
@Bron357 Truth is gorgeous!! What do you mean when you said "the truth came out" about the young woman? Was it a scam? What a shame if so but glad Truth was saved.

I have lurked for a while and my favourite coloured stone thread is one I can't find any more :( I posted about it before but no luck. It was a young man who designed a beautiful sapphire solitaire in platinum for his fiancee, who was a doctor or medical student. He also designed a pendant which was designed to hold the ring when she had to take it off at work, and together, they looked like a flower. If anyone knows the one I mean please link to it!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357 Truth is gorgeous!! What do you mean when you said "the truth came out" about the young woman? Was it a scam? What a shame if so but glad Truth was saved.

I have lurked for a while and my favourite coloured stone thread is one I can't find any more :( I posted about it before but no luck. It was a young man who designed a beautiful sapphire solitaire in platinum for his fiancee, who was a doctor or medical student. He also designed a pendant which was designed to hold the ring when she had to take it off at work, and together, they looked like a flower. If anyone knows the one I mean please link to it!

Yes, her financial position had been misrepresented and then the rest of her story became doubtful. Unfortunate. Suz and I were trying to add some happiness and good fortune to her life, so it was very upsetting to be misled.
However out of that situation came a wonderful friendship between Suz and I.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Yes, her financial position had been misrepresented and then the rest of her story became doubtful. Unfortunate. Suz and I were trying to add some happiness and good fortune to her life, so it was very upsetting to be misled.
However out of that situation came a wonderful friendship between Suz and I.

Hmm. I remember when this happened and I think I may have even commented about how kind you were but I guess I stopped following the story after that and in my mind I imagined her neing able to have a beautiful engagement ring made with the help and kindess of strangers....did something happen?
Also instead of me high-jacking this thread further could you link me to the thread?

& My two year anniversary here will be April 13th although I had been a lurker for my own knowledge on CS for many years before: Im so so so happy that I got rid of my shyness and decided to join. I've finally found a place where I feel accepted, supported, and understood in that we all are fairly similar. Its truly a slice of online heaven (:

Theres So many users that play an integral role for me on here but there are too many to name!
Just know that to anyone thats ever helped me in the slightest- thank you.
You women rock my world!
(See what I did there guys? :dance:)
Haha

Last edited:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been around a long time and I think in the early days I recall one PSer maybe called Lauren or LT something??? She had dozens of coloured gemstone rings, many set with ebay halo settings and it was all pictured in her signature block. :think: (Forgive me if I'm way off base here). I was literally in AWE of her collection and it really was the beginning of my obsession with gemstones. Also @LD paraiba collection which is absolutely divine...:love:

Side note: Please post link to story about Truth! Dying to know what happened...

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been around a long time and I think in the early days I recall one PSer maybe called Lauren or LT something??? She had dozens of coloured gemstone rings, many set with ebay halo settings and it was all pictured in her signature block. :think: (Forgive me if I'm way off base here). I was literally in AWE of her collection and it really was the beginning of my obsession with gemstones. Also @LD paraiba collection which is absolutely divine...:love:

Side note: Please post link to story about Truth! Dying to know what happened...

I’m guessing you mean LTP/ @LaurenThePartier ?

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my all time favourites that I’ve been able to find tonight...
@chrono ’s two spinels, two of Art Nouveau’s pieces, and a purple sapphire ring of Leon’s, no idea who owns it.
When I can find @aljdewey’s spess ring, I’ll post it, as well as the oval tsav in a ring, I believe the stone was from Gene, blanking on who owned it, but plan to recreate when I finally set mine. Also, tgal’s pad sapphire ring (the final one) set the bar for what I was looking for in terms of a pad...
In terms of blue, my ultimate sapphire would be yours, @Acinom ! E32E68B9-5159-45C6-A005-4461BD4F95B4.jpeg 5C41547F-7063-42AD-8F2B-ECF757BC5196.png AFD06DAA-84C9-4673-BFF2-16E2C4D4A91E.jpeg 654B63D8-EC6B-45D0-980A-CC51F0BD3067.jpeg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I first discovered PS when I was researching about getting a 40th birthday present for myself in the form of an EC diamond, which led me to get it from Diamondhouse in Antwerp.

I continued to be a lurker for nearly 9 years, until I decided it was time to change the setting for this EC diamond that I do not particularly liked as I did not provide sufficient design input except to specify for it to be bezel-set. A mistake I learnt the hard way.

PS guided my re-setting project, led me to an eBay bench in China that I continue to use to this day.

Along the way, I learnt more and more about coloured stones, and had purchased as well as commissioned a few along the way. Quite a few of these are my learner stones, and I have a few that I treasure.

In real life, I have met @mochiko42 twice, once in Hong Kong and once in Vancouver. The OEC she had at the time was the first OEC that I saw in person, and she was impressed that I could recognise it as an OEC at first glance. We spent hours checking each other's jewellery collection over a few cocktails and a meal when we were in HK.

I also met @pearaffair last time I was in Vancouver. Together with @mochiko42, the three of us had a great time visiting the high end jewellery stores in Vancouver after a long lunch. Again, we spent considerable amount of time admiring each other's jewellery collection.

I have yet to meet @Acinom and @arkieb1 in person, they are long distance pen pals of present days. Hopefully, I shall meet them in person one day.

Most recently, I found a local bench via recommendations on PS to work on re-purposing/re-setting my mum's MRB into a bangle.

PS is great in that I can share my bling obsession, as no one else in my social circle is interested in jewellery the way I do.

Just wish I could meet up with the PSers in UK! There are a number of us on here, however, for one reason or another, a UK PS meet has yet to materialise, and not due to lack of trying.

People come and go, same with PS users. I am not quite an old timer yet, being a relative newbie who joined in 2013 (I was a lurker for 9 years as mentioned previously). And I hope to continue to frequent PS for as long as it is available.

PS is one of my favourite waste of time for certain.

Long may PS continue, and thanks to the Admin Team for their hard work.

DK :))

AV_

Ideal_Rock
This is ridiculously hard!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@dk168 A UK meet up would be brilliant!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
imag0386_1_1.jpg

For me it will always be this Chrysoberyl ring, it was Niel's. Made me fall in love with Chrysoberyl https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-us-your-chrysoberyls.202304/page-4

This ring!! It was one of the first that stopped me in my tracks on PS. I'm still sad that it no longer exists in its current form as it was just perfection to me.

@Acinom and @dk168 thanks for the shout out ladies. It's been so long already on PS! I'm not as active as I used to be but I'll try to gather my thoughts and post some pretty pictures to this thread :kiss2:.

@dk168 my dream would be to go back to the UK and revisit my old stomping grounds and attend a PS GTG as well. Sigh... Maybe one day. I'm sad that we won't be meeting up in Canada next month as originally planned.

Hope everyone is staying well in both body and mind these days. :wavey:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been around a long time and I think in the early days I recall one PSer maybe called Lauren or LT something??? She had dozens of coloured gemstone rings, many set with ebay halo settings and it was all pictured in her signature block. :think: (Forgive me if I'm way off base here). I was literally in AWE of her collection and it really was the beginning of my obsession with gemstones.

Yes, yes, yes! Same with me - I was so taken with LTP's rings. I had just about every one of her rings saved in my inspiration folder. She sure had an eye for gorgeous CS!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always liked the show us your mahenge spinels thread

This thread was the start of my downfall when it came to colored stones...not only did I have to have one, it ended up with my first loose stone purchase and a realization that there was a whole big world of CS out there that I was unaware of. So many helped me along with my journey (both on and off the boards). I will never forget one specific poster, Marlow, who spent a lot of time educating and encouraging me in my early purchases.

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This thread was the start of my downfall when it came to colored stones...not only did I have to have one, it ended up with my first loose stone purchase and a realization that there was a whole big world of CS out there that I was unaware of. So many helped me along with my journey (both on and off the boards). I will never forget one specific poster, Marlow, who spent a lot of time educating and encouraging me in my early purchases.

For me it was pregcurious's ring

_29144.jpg

After that I was obsessed, had to read everything on spinels -- and ofcourse that was a big mistake as that mahenge spinel thread is like a rabbit hole. I am still obsessed, it is like an achillies heel :).

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
For me it was pregcurious's ring

_29144.jpg

After that I was obsessed, had to read everything on spinels -- and ofcourse that was a big mistake as that mahenge spinel thread is like a rabbit hole. I am still obsessed, it is like an achillies heel :).

Actually I've just realized the setting was modled off TGal's pad ring (which is another ring that left a huge impression on me. Lol so I guess in the end it all makes sense. )

tgal_s_0.jpg LEONIMG_0543.JPG.jpg

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This ring!! It was one of the first that stopped me in my tracks on PS. I'm still sad that it no longer exists in its current form as it was just perfection to me.

@Acinom and @dk168 thanks for the shout out ladies. It's been so long already on PS! I'm not as active as I used to be but I'll try to gather my thoughts and post some pretty pictures to this thread :kiss2:.

@dk168 my dream would be to go back to the UK and revisit my old stomping grounds and attend a PS GTG as well. Sigh... Maybe one day. I'm sad that we won't be meeting up in Canada next month as originally planned.

Hope everyone is staying well in both body and mind these days. :wavey:

Yes something about that ring isn't there? It must be something subtle (maybe the gold cup and the yellow stone, or the proportions), as when it is reproduced you don't quite get the same vibe.

1586233105594.png

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
OOOH I found a photo of the ring I was talking about!! I can't find it on Pricescope though, and I'm sure that's where I originally read the story.
Sapphire ring.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This story is on my short list (along with Bron’s auction haul):

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results