shape
carat
color
clarity

Red spinel 5-stone ring!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you PS for helping me put together this ring. This was my first CS gem purchase in 2009(?) and my first CS set! I've come a long way thanks to all your help. David Klass was wonderful, and this was a fun project.

PS helped me pick the side stones in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picking-sidestones-for-red-spinel.211208/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/picking-sidestones-for-red-spinel.211208/[/URL]
I went for the smallest ones that the majority liked on the thread, even though I initially liked bigger ones. David found outside bullets that went well with the smaller stones, and I was limited to choices because I wanted stepcut side stones. It was the right choice!

Here are the requisite flower shots:

img_5155crop_face.jpg

img_5201crop_angle.jpg

img_5124crop_galler.jpg

img_5122facets.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! It's not only gorgeous but finally done. :appl:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Wow, this is another wow ring !!

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, Preg. :love: :appl: :lickout: It's show-stopping gorgeous. Really. Completely stunning! More pictures, please. :naughty:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Handshot! My iPhone is pink and reflects off the diamonds sometimes.

Thanks, Chrono, shulaibaoma, and SparkiliesLover. I've been poring over how to set this for a long time, and I think I got it right. The size looks substantial on my finger, but the setting is still very delicate.

_29144.jpg

swissmiss

Shiny_Rock
Wow Wow Wow!!!! It looks great!

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yay! Oh congratulations Preg!!!!!! The proportions are just wonderful!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not gonna lie - I'm super jealous of you right now!!! :cheeky:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have followed your journey and the result is amazing :love: :love: :love:
David nailed it with the beautiful prongs and elegant proportions. And as you know I love love love diamond stepcuts.

Enjoy wearing your fabulous stone after all this time :D
And please post a lot more pics.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats SOOOOO GORGEOUS!!!! :appl: :love: I'm still cracking up that it could in any way look small on your finger. :lol: Its got a fantastic presence, and I think the smaller side stones were a better choice to keep the delicacy of the ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha "yay" was the first thing I said when I saw this thread title. Ive been dying to see this finished. I looooove love love it.

DecoDaze

Shiny_Rock
Oh, it's beautiful!!! I just love the color of the spinel and I think you got the proportions of the side stones just right. Absolutely gorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

SapphireStyle

Shiny_Rock
Preg, it is sooooo beautiful!!! I can't believe you were worried about it looking too small on your hand! :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's lovely and looks very nice on your slender finger and hand!

Thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

P.S. What's your next CS project? :Up_to_something:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*gasp* It's absolutely stunning! Congrats - so nice to see it completed and on your delicate hand!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Your ring is incredibly beautiful, the proportions are perfection. This is one of my all time favourite PS rings! :love: :appl: :appl: :appl:

More photos please!

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
It's as close to perfect as one can really hope for.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful ring, enjoy!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has everything that makes a perfect ring - a pop of color, understated elegance, and perfect fit on the hand (with hand model hands :cheeky: - okay well this last is on my wish list, lol)!

Preg, I'll be honest that I don't really understand step cuts vs. other cuts, so can you explain why you wanted step cuts and what they offer that another option might not? And what that other option might be? Would trillions not be considered step cuts? TIA - and once again, congratulations!

redroze1

Shiny_Rock
Wow stunning!!! I died a little inside as it is so gorgeous!

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful! Gorgeous stone in the perfect setting for it. :appl:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is so beautiful and timeless. The setting and side stones are perfect for your spinel, the prongs are simply gorgeous! :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gahhhhhh!!! You got it right, all right. Yep. Le awesome. Super love!!!! Please feel free to post as many as you think until you think we *might* be bored. Then post some more. :D :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Swissmiss, SparkliesLover, Elle, AthenaWorth, Acinom, Arcadian, Niel, DecoDaze, SapphireStyle, DK, HotPozzum, ricezo, TL, Greg, Minous, RedRoze1, EvangelineG, and Mochiko42.

I looked back and my emails, and I actually bought this in Feb 2010. I am glad I waited to set it because I've learned a lot over the years. I was originally going to halo it, but I think it would have made it too dark. All the pictures that I posted were taken inside. When I went outside with the ring for the first time, I was taken aback at how lively it looked. I'll most more pics when I get a chance.

Minous, the stone is step cut on the bottom, and has chunky brilliant cut facets on the top. The facet pattern of modern brilliant cut side stones would have looked "messy" to me and out of place with the center stone because brilliant cut half-moons and traps have a crushed ice look. I also prefer step cut diamonds with medium dark center stones because the sparkle of medium dark stones is very subdued, and the step cut makes the diamonds look elegant and have less sparkle.

The side stones are very small, so the difference was not as important for this ring. Only someone staring at the ring at close range (i.e., me) would appreciate the nice steps. With a light or medium stones, and any stones with modern brilliant cuts, I would do brilliant cut side stones. Brilliant cut side stones are also easier to find.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even more amazing for your first CS purchase (nothing like starting at the top :love: ). Everything about the ring is amazing!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Your spinel is stunning and I do love step cuts side stones. Very glamourous!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolute perfection! All the time you put into it paid off 100-fold. Congratulations! This going in my inspiration folder! :appl: :appl: :appl:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, NKOTB, lilmosun, Lovinggems, and ilovegemstones.

Lilmosun, before I bought this, I went around the DC and NYC area looking at as many colored gemstones as I could. I had also lurked on PS for a while, and became somewhat obsessed with finding the perfect (for me) red stone. It also helped that I did not have a strict CS budget at the time and I was not distracted by other stones. The projects are starting to come out because I'm mostly done collecting so my budget can go to setting.

DK, I think the next up is setting my green jadeite. I already bought the side stones for it from David Klass. The color is not vivid, but it has decent translucence and looks like jelly. As you know, I did get into pearls, but they are much more affordable than CS.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Great outcome!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results