shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 8:20:51 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Thanks for the free bag reviews.

DH''s co-worker says our hospital offers a choice of infant seat or umbrella stroller as the free gift.

Penn - I actually like the look of the Kolcraft more.

Free Gift? The only thing I got (besides the baby) was a bill for $3000!!!!

I got screwed!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
E: that is excellent that you were able to find a 10% off coupon. i was just wondering if these kind of things ever go on sale! i also appreciated their eco-friendly stance
1.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:40:45 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 6/4/2008 12:20:27 PM
Author: lovelylulu
does anyone have opinions on the uppa vista? not that i''m preggo yet, but a gal can still research
emembarrassed.gif
We actually just ordered the UppaBaby Vista!! It''s true... I, the stroller-research queen, finally made a decision.
9.gif
I babysit for a little girl with the Quinny Buzz, and spent a lot of time testing/researching the Bugaboo Cameleon... but the Vista won out for me. Here''s why:

-- 2008 re-design gives it a 24.5'' wide wheelbase. That small footprint was SO important to me... I hate trying to squeeze through narrow aisles! For comparison, the Cameleon is 23.5'' and Quinny is 25.5'' (and yes, I brought a tape measure to the store to confirm this
31.gif
). Before the re-design, it had a 27'' wheelbase, which is what Qtiekki was referring to I think.
-- Weight = 24 lbs (with seat on), so heavier than the Cam (20 lbs) but lighter than the Quinny (36 lbs! I''m weak, so this can be a problem when babysitting)
-- Folds easily with seat on or off, in rear-facing OR front-facing position! Also stands when folded, which is really nice.
-- Basket underneath is GINORMOUS... bigger than any other in its class
-- Baby sits up higher than most strollers, which makes it easy to use as a highchair in restaurants
-- Seat recline is located on the back of seat... I hate having to lean over with both hands to do the Quinny
-- Tires are rubber-coated but EVA-filled, so no flats... but still rides as nice as the others (the 2008 Cameleon just switched to this, actually)
-- Bassinet is very cushy (better than Cam''s, comparable to Quinny''s) and included in the price (making it considerably cheaper than Cam or Quinny)
-- Plus: adjustable handlebar, adjustable footrest, great canopy with mesh peek-a-boo window, no bar between the wheels to kick

How''s that for WAY more details than you ever wanted to know?
2.gif
I also considered the I''coo Targo but when I tested it in the store, it just felt a bit flimsy to me... couldn''t quite figure out why. Plus it hasn''t been out long enough to garner many reviews, so I felt a bit safer with the Vista. Hope that helps!

ETA -- It is never too early to start obsessively stroller-researching, take it from me!
Hi Ephemery- have you put your stroller together yet? Any updates/regrets? I know you won''t use it until later but I was just curious. I have been reading reviews and am liking this one right now. And I saw a new one in box on craigslist for $560. I don''t know if it''s still available and I feel like it''s a little early to purchase but I am thinking about it.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pave! The stroller is FINALLY arriving on Thursday... yippee!! I've been tracking it obsessively on the FedEx website.
2.gif
We ordered it in the sage (Carlin) color, which is backordered right now according to the Uppababy website, so there was a delay. I'm planning to put it together as soon as it comes, so I'll keep you posted! I also told DH I would be taking my baby doll for a walk around the park in it... haha. He vetoed that plan, so I guess I'll have to wait until October. Or maybe borrow somebody else's baby in the meantime.
9.gif

Have you had a chance to see/push one in person yet? $560 is a great price... was it the updated 2008 version? I think the site I ordered from is continuing their 10% off sale so I'd be glad to share the website with you, if you're interested! But of course you can afford to wait a bit longer before ordering.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2008 5:14:23 PM
Author: EBree
I''ve posted this *somewhere* in the pregnant thread, but who knows where!

This sling is called a Peanut Shell, and I imagine it''s how we''ll be carrying our (future) peanut most of the time in the early months. It''ll be one of my first purchases!

The Peanut Shell ROCKS!! My girlfriends had one that has not traveled from her to my assistant and now to my former assistant. Luckily they are are relatively the same size so that it fits them. Everyone loves that thing.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Eph, did you receive the stroller? Based on your research, I am adding the Vista to my list of strollers to check out. Good to know the wheel base is narrower now, as that is why I did not consider it based on preliminary research. DH and I are going to test drive strollers tomorrow. I am still debating whether to get a snap ''n go style stroller to use for the first months while she fits in the car seat and then get the main stroller later, or just get the main stroller now with a car seat adaptor. The adaptors and the snap ''n go frames cost about the same amount, so it is a wash from that perspective. If we wait to buy the expensive stroller, we can take her with us to try out strollers, on the flip side, it might be nice to have the lie-flat option when she is tiny rather than havign her in a car seat all the time.

BTW, I love the color you ordered. It''s a good choice for a boy or a girl -- very lovely, but not "feminine."

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I already posted my shopping list in the preggo thread, but LIA asked if I would also post it here so it is easier to find. This is based on reading Baby Bargains, suggestions from PSers and other research. I am still trying to narrow down some of my choices.

Biggie Items:

Car Seat: Graco SnugRide or SafeSeat Infant Car Seat plus extra car base

Stroller: Maclaren Easy Traveller (“snap ‘n go” style for car seat) ($70 at Amazon/BRU/BBB)

BundleMe: JJ Cole Urban Infant Bundle Me (Colors: Stealth or Ice)

Playard: Graco Pack ''n Play Portable Playard with Bassinet & Changing Table (Colors: Margo $80 at Amazon; Mondo $105; Bancroft $100; Clara $108)

Highchairs: Fisher-Price Healthy Care $90-100 or Chicco Polly $110-130 or Fisher-Price Space Saver High Chair $50 (straps on regular chair)

Swings: Graco Sweetpeace newborn soothing center ($170-180; $144 at BBB w/ coupon) or Graco Silhouette $100 or Fisher-Price Rainforest Open-top Cradle Swing $120

Bouncers: Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer $40-50 or Fisher-Price Learning Patterns Infant-to-Toddler Rocker $35-45

Play Centers: Evenflo Exersaucer and Tiny Love Gymini Activity Gym

Monitor: Sony BabyCall NTM-910, 900 Mh, 27 channels, rechargeable batteries, $40 (available at Sony Style; dual receiver model available for $70)

Bath: PRIMO EuroBath tub ($24 at Amazon or BRU) and 4moms Digital Bath Spout Cover with Built-in Thermometer

Carrier: BabyBjörn Baby Carrier Active ($96 at Amazon in Black/Silver; $85 in black/red)

Mobile: Tiny Love Symphony-in-Motion Mobile with Remote Control ($50 at BRU or BBB)

Bumper: BreathableBaby Padded Mesh Crib Bumper ($28 at BRU)

Safety Gates: Kidco Gateway (pressure mounted; metal) $65 [avoid plastic gates] or First Years’ Hands Free Gate $50

Breast Pumps: Ameda Purely Yours $150 (Lansinoh Lightweight Double Electric Breast Pump at Target is same brand $150) or Medela Pump in Style Advanced $280-330

Bottles: Dr. Brown’s (avoid polycarbonate = BPA) polypropylene OK

Sterilizer: Avent Sterilizer Express – Microwave $30 or Avent IQ 24 Electronic Steam Sterilizer $90 and/or steamer bags

Warmer: Avent Express Bottle and Baby Food Warmer

The Top 4 Best Toys for Infants (per Baby Bargains):

1. Stride to Ride Walker (Fisher Price, $25). 9 mo+ Your child must be able to stand to use it. First, it is a push toy. Then it converts to a ride-on. Has music, lights and more—or quiet mode.

2. Lamaze Soft Sorter (Learning Curve, $20). 6mo+ Various fabric cubes and shapes have different textures and sounds. The “sorter” has special size openings for each shape, teaching baby how to sort.

3. Buffoodles (Mary Meyer, $10). Infant+ Cute, colorful puppets in soft velour. www.marymeyer.com.

4. Ocean Wonders Fishbowl (Fisher Price, $15). Six months and up. Babies love this mesmerizing toy, with music, lights and sound all set to an aquatic theme.

From PS: Fisher-Price Ocean Wonders Aquarium

Mattresses:

Foam: Colgate: Classica I $100; Visco Classica (w/ memory foam on toddler side); 2-in-1 (½ foam, ½ coil) $140; Natural I (line sold at Children’s Land)

Coil: Simmons Super Maxipedic Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress, 160 coil, $115 at BRU; or Sealy Baby Soft Premium Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress, 204 coil, $100 at BRU; or Sealy Natural Rest Mattress, 204 coil, $80 at Target

Organic: NaturePedic NO-COMPROMISE ORGANIC COTTON CLASSIC Baby Crib & Toddler Mattress, 150 Coils $260, 252 Coils w/center support $300, sold at USA Baby

Smaller Essentials:
Cloth diapers (for spit rags/burp cloths)
Disposable diapers (Pampers Swaddlers) and/or G Diapers
Baby wipes (Huggies Natural Care Unscented)
Diaper rash ointment (Butt Paste, Triple Paste or A&D)
Baby shampoo/body wash (California Baby or Burt’s Bees)
Baby lotion (California Baby or Burt’s Bees)
Nail clippers & emory boards
Brush
Pacifiers
Washcloths and hooded towels
Diaper pail or covered trash can
Changing pad & cover(s)
Dishwasher basket & steamer bags
Mirror for car
Diaper bag + holders for diapers and wipes
Layette:
Swaddling blanket 1-2 (Miracle Blanket or Halo)
Sleep sacks 2-3
Gowns 2-4
One-piece footed sleepers 4-6 (zippers easier than snaps, make sure have access to both legs)
Tees & Onesies: 6 of each size, at least 3 kimono type short or long sleeve tees
Caps 1-2
Socks 3-6
Pants 2-4
Receiving blankets 4-6
For mother:
Prenatal vitamins
Lansinoh Breast Cream
Maxi pads
Tucks
Colace
Nursing pads
Nursing bras/tanks

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, I love my graco snap and go. I carry both my BOB and my SNG in my car. Personally I''d vote SNG...when you''re running multiple errands, nothing beats it for how easy it is to take in and out of the car. For times she''s in the stroller longer, you can use the nicer stroller. I am SO glad I didn''t get the carseat adapter for my BOB...that would have been a nightmare. And like you said, the price was about the same anyway.

Snap and Go!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I have tested it out and love it! I got the peapod...SOOOO much better to take around than a pack and play. Only about 4 pounds and I thought it was easy to fold back up (takes a few bits of practice but I totally got it...just unfold it slowly to see how it is done!) I threw out my back lifting Amelia out of a bassinet so the thought of lifting her out of a pack and play was scary. This peapod is sooo much easier and she seems to like it fine...

http://www.kidco.com/main.taf?p=4,5

And the youtube video demo http://youtube.com/watch?v=pg-Fd5u9Qzk

It''s $50. Pic below...

gl_p100_1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, NOW do you understand why I am such a cheerleader for the SNG?!? They are the best thing ever invented! That travel bed looks cool (until she can crawl). Bet you could take it to the beach too.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
9.gif
I was just going to say, man, a baby could crawl right out of that thing and get into some serious mess making!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 8:47:47 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
9.gif
I was just going to say, man, a baby could crawl right out of that thing and get into some serious mess making!

It would take T 30 seconds
9.gif
But luckily TGal you have at least 3-4 months before Ame can escape!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 8:47:47 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
9.gif
It closes shut...and I guess a lot of parents still use it with crawling babies with success...

Hopefully Amelia will know that when she goes in it, it''s sleep time (yeah right.)
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, if not you still have the PNP. Our friend has a 20 month old who still uses their PNP when traveling. Did I tell y''all about the beach cabana we bought? It is perfect!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 6:30:00 PM
Author: Kay
Eph, did you receive the stroller? Based on your research, I am adding the Vista to my list of strollers to check out. Good to know the wheel base is narrower now, as that is why I did not consider it based on preliminary research. DH and I are going to test drive strollers tomorrow. I am still debating whether to get a snap 'n go style stroller to use for the first months while she fits in the car seat and then get the main stroller later, or just get the main stroller now with a car seat adaptor. The adaptors and the snap 'n go frames cost about the same amount, so it is a wash from that perspective. If we wait to buy the expensive stroller, we can take her with us to try out strollers, on the flip side, it might be nice to have the lie-flat option when she is tiny rather than havign her in a car seat all the time.

BTW, I love the color you ordered. It's a good choice for a boy or a girl -- very lovely, but not 'feminine.'
The stroller has arrived, thanks for asking!! We live in an apartment building so all packages go to the front desk... when I came in yesterday, I asked if it had come, and the attendant told me it was too heavy for me to drag to the elevator, so she'd send one of the maintenance guys up with it. I went upstairs and must have stood there staring at my front door for 20 minutes, waiting for that maintenance guy to ring the bell!!
9.gif

It was a breeze to put together... the frame was already assembled, so I just snapped the wheels on and unfolded the seat and bassinet, and voila! Definitely very user-friendly. The color is GORGEOUS... a lot of people like the brights of the Bugaboo, but I really loved the muted Vista colors. Just a personal preference. Oh, and I noticed on their website that they are now selling color-change kits in case you want to swap the color/fabric down the road! It drives quite nicely around my living room, but I haven't been brave enough to take it down to the park yet, sans-baby. Maybe we'll try it in the middle of the night or something... haha.

If I lived in the 'burbs, I may have started with a SNG stroller... but since we rarely drive (1-2x/month at most), it made sense for us to get something with a bassinet for those first few months. I may still get the carseat adapter just in case... I'm just not sure when we'd use it. That is so fun that you're going to test-drive strollers tomorrow!! Where are you going? Buy Buy Baby was great for us, because they had almost everything we were considering, and lots of space to push them around. The most helpful thing for me, was to compare them all side-by-side, for both size and maneuverability. The Vista SEEMS huge (I think because it sits so high up) but it has shockingly almost the same footprint as the Bugaboo Cameleon. I also brought a tape measure to get exact measurements... haha. Which ones are you considering? I still LOVE the Bugaboo Cam... keep me posted on your stroller adventure!
37.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
ARRRRGGGGH!

(so. intimidated.)
32.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buying a stroller is the ONE THING I am really looking forward to, everything else I don''t care about... your research will rally help me out! Thanks!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW love Bumkins bibs. They are PVC free. Some other plastic bibs with PVC has shown traces of lead
23.gif
Not good. Plus they have really cute designs.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 11:07:29 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
BTW love Bumkins bibs. They are PVC free. Some other plastic bibs with PVC has shown traces of lead
23.gif
Not good. Plus they have really cute designs.
I bought a set of these...they look great and I''m eager to use them soon!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, hopefully you will like them. She chews on it so safety was important to me. They seem comfortable for her too.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2008 11:29:53 PM
TGal, hopefully you will like them. She chews on it so safety was important to me. They seem comfortable for her too.
Well, they get great reviews, so I am sure we will all like them. I''ve seen most babies try to eat their bibs instead of their dinner!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this has been discussed but I LOVE our Tiny Love play mat. She started using it at 5 weeks and STILL plays with it at 7 months. Just today she had a blast crawling around, looking in the mirror, playing with the little music thing (that is good for belly time or you can tie it up and baby can kick it) and "eating" all the toys.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2008 11:21:31 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 6/20/2008 6:30:00 PM
Author: Kay
Eph, did you receive the stroller? Based on your research, I am adding the Vista to my list of strollers to check out. Good to know the wheel base is narrower now, as that is why I did not consider it based on preliminary research. DH and I are going to test drive strollers tomorrow. I am still debating whether to get a snap ''n go style stroller to use for the first months while she fits in the car seat and then get the main stroller later, or just get the main stroller now with a car seat adaptor. The adaptors and the snap ''n go frames cost about the same amount, so it is a wash from that perspective. If we wait to buy the expensive stroller, we can take her with us to try out strollers, on the flip side, it might be nice to have the lie-flat option when she is tiny rather than havign her in a car seat all the time.

BTW, I love the color you ordered. It''s a good choice for a boy or a girl -- very lovely, but not ''feminine.''
The stroller has arrived, thanks for asking!! We live in an apartment building so all packages go to the front desk... when I came in yesterday, I asked if it had come, and the attendant told me it was too heavy for me to drag to the elevator, so she''d send one of the maintenance guys up with it. I went upstairs and must have stood there staring at my front door for 20 minutes, waiting for that maintenance guy to ring the bell!!
9.gif

It was a breeze to put together... the frame was already assembled, so I just snapped the wheels on and unfolded the seat and bassinet, and voila! Definitely very user-friendly. The color is GORGEOUS... a lot of people like the brights of the Bugaboo, but I really loved the muted Vista colors. Just a personal preference. Oh, and I noticed on their website that they are now selling color-change kits in case you want to swap the color/fabric down the road! It drives quite nicely around my living room, but I haven''t been brave enough to take it down to the park yet, sans-baby. Maybe we''ll try it in the middle of the night or something... haha.

If I lived in the ''burbs, I may have started with a SNG stroller... but since we rarely drive (1-2x/month at most), it made sense for us to get something with a bassinet for those first few months. I may still get the carseat adapter just in case... I''m just not sure when we''d use it. That is so fun that you''re going to test-drive strollers tomorrow!! Where are you going? Buy Buy Baby was great for us, because they had almost everything we were considering, and lots of space to push them around. The most helpful thing for me, was to compare them all side-by-side, for both size and maneuverability. The Vista SEEMS huge (I think because it sits so high up) but it has shockingly almost the same footprint as the Bugaboo Cameleon. I also brought a tape measure to get exact measurements... haha. Which ones are you considering? I still LOVE the Bugaboo Cam... keep me posted on your stroller adventure!
37.gif

We shopped for strollers (and way too many other baby items) this weekend. We are down to the UPPAbaby Vista and the Bugaboo Cameleon. We will most likely choose the Vista as I like the looks of it better and it is quite a bit less expensive. Here are my current thoughts:
Vista pros:
- handle height easier to adjust than Cameleon
- child sits slightly higher than in Cameleon
- stroller can fold in one piece, but only with seat in forward facing position (with car seat, bassinet or seat rear-facing, it requires a 2-piece fold like the Cam)
- better colors
- better price
- accessories less expensive
Vista cons:
- 5 pounds heavier than Cameleon
- difficult for me to master the motion to fold the stroller (It was easy for DH, but the first few times I tried it would take me at least 10 attempts to get it to fold. After much practice on the floor model, I can now do it on the 2nd or 3rd try.)
- child cannot sit fully upright in the stroller, there is a slight recline at the most upright position
- feel bumps in the road a little more than with Cameleon
Cameleon pros:
- very smooth ride, might have better suspension for dirt trails or beach than Vista (but not sure how often that will be an issue
- child can sit more fully upright
- easier for me to fold (even though the fold is a little more awkward because you must deal with a lever on each side of the handle, it was easier for me to just deal with one lever at a time rather than master the single fluid motion to fold the Vista)
- 5 pounds lighter
- handle position reverses
Cameleon cons:
- ridiculous price
- awkward to adjust handle height
- front wheels came off the ground a few times in trials (Cameleon suspension is springier (probably what giveswhile Vista feels more stable – wheels may be less likely to lift up once a child is in the stroller to weigh it down.)

Basically, the items weighing in favor of the Cameleon for us are the slightly smoother ride, lighter weight, child can sit up straighter, and the fact that it is currently easier for me to fold (I think with practice the Vista will actually be easier to fold than the Cameleon). We are trying to figure out if any of those factors justifies the huge price difference. The Cam would be $900 plus $70 in tax. The Vista is $650, but I found it online for 10% off, plus free shipping and no tax, so it is $585 for the Vista versus $970 for the Cam.

USA Baby is the only place that has the Vista nearby (sadly we do not have Buy Buy Baby in So Cal). The floor model was in green, but they did not have swatches for any of the other colors, and the sales girl even said the color in the pictures was not accurate. We will probably order green if we choose the Vista because we both liked it, but I really wanted to see the plum fabric (Makena) IRL. It looks great in pictures, but I probably would not like it if it were more vibrant IRL (I like the muted lavender/lilac color). DH is not crazy about lavender (especially if we have a boy later), but told me to get what I like.

Vista in plum.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, are you sure you were test driving the 2008 cam? The pain in the butt levers sound like the previous year models. Apparently the newer model is much easier to extend the handlebars and to fold.

If you ARE looking at the older bugaboo cam, check around online retailers...they are 20% off. My friend got her cam a month ago for $719 at letsgostrolling.com...and when she realized that bugaboostrollers.com doesn''t charge tax because they are out of state, letsgostrolling price matched (however it had to be instock at letsgostrolling, which fortunately it was).

So check out some online dealers...you may save tax. And right now, I see letsgostrolling has a few 2007 models left for 719. I''d call them for color availability though.

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/bugaboo-cameleon-stroller.html

Kay

Ideal_Rock
TGal, we looked at both the 2007 and 2008 Cameleons. The levers on the 2008 model were much better than on the 2007, but still a little clumsy to use.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, I would advice to get a gender neutral color in case you have a boy later (since this is an expensive purchase).

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 11:52:31 AM
Kay, I would advice to get a gender neutral color in case you have a boy later (since this is an expensive purchase).
I couldn''t agree more. If you''re planning on having more than one, you definitely don''t want to get anything too gender specific. Our Bugaboo Frog is all black. And ephemery got the UppaBaby in that sage color (don''t know what it''s called) and that seems to be pretty neutral. Oh wait, I think eph said you can change the colors on the Vista, right? Hmmm...if that''s the case, forget what I said and get that awesome mauve color!
2.gif

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys(ladies)-
Anybody know of or have the Bumbleride Flyer? I am in love with the looks and price but it got mixed reviews on steering and wheels. I still need to find a store to check it out in person but was hoping somebody here has some personal knowledge?
thanks.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, so glad you had a successful stroller-testing trip!! Sounds like you guys had very similar impressions to ours. I agree the Vista fold took me some time to master, but all the sales-people seemed to have no trouble at all, so I'm assuming it does get easier! I had many of the same pros/cons as you did... although since we won't be driving much, the fold and weight weren't quite as significant to me. I was also concerned about the not-quite-upright seat position, but we actually noticed that when forward-facing, the seat sits more upright than when rear-facing. Must be the way it's situated on the frame. So that made me feel better about it. Did you notice that when you guys tested it out?

Also, as Curly pointed out, UppaBaby sells fabric-change kits now! I think they come in sage, black and orange currently... so you could order it in purple and then switch it out if you had a boy later. I LOVED the idea of purple (without seeing it in person) but DH nixed it.
7.gif
They are pricey though ($100, same as Bugaboo). I've seen sage, red, black and orange in person. The red is a bit brighter than I expected, but the orange is actually a bit more muted. So no idea how the purple would be.

A few additional things from my own pro/con list (mostly minor stuff), just in case they are useful to you at all:

Vista
-- adjustable footrest
-- no bar between back wheels to kick (apparently can be a problem for taller folks)
-- recline is located on back of seat
-- canopy has mesh peek-a-boo window flap
-- HUGE storage basket
-- stands when folded
-- more sturdy front wheels
-- cushier bassinet

Cameleon
-- better resale value (I'm assuming)
-- more accessories
-- wheelbase 1" narrower
-- flatter recline
-- been around longer, so "tried and true"

I absolutely loved both (although I agree with you that the Vista was more aesthetically pleasing), so I'm definitely not going to try and sway you one way or the other! You really can't go wrong either way.
1.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 12:34:16 PM
Author: pavelover
Hey guys(ladies)-
Anybody know of or have the Bumbleride Flyer? I am in love with the looks and price but it got mixed reviews on steering and wheels. I still need to find a store to check it out in person but was hoping somebody here has some personal knowledge?
thanks.
Hi Pave,

I did a bit of research on the Bumbleride (both Flyer and Indie) back in the beginning, but it wasn''t reviewed to be quite as sturdy/reliable as some of the more $$ ones, so I ruled it out pretty quickly. But that''s because I walk a minimum of 5-10 miles a week (over cobblestones and cracked sidewalks), and knew I needed something as sturdy as possible. Also, while it does have a reversible handlebar, I remember reading that reversing it to rear-facing isn''t quite as convenient because it makes the handlebar too short for comfortable walking... and rear-facing was an option I wanted. Plus I wanted a nice-quality bassinet, since we won''t be using a carseat often. The looks and price are definitely enticing though, I agree! And it would probably be a great option for somebody who had different needs than I did.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results