shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 12:20:43 PM
Author: curlygirl

Date: 6/24/2008 11:52:31 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Kay, I would advice to get a gender neutral color in case you have a boy later (since this is an expensive purchase).
I couldn''t agree more. If you''re planning on having more than one, you definitely don''t want to get anything too gender specific. Our Bugaboo Frog is all black. And ephemery got the UppaBaby in that sage color (don''t know what it''s called) and that seems to be pretty neutral. Oh wait, I think eph said you can change the colors on the Vista, right? Hmmm...if that''s the case, forget what I said and get that awesome mauve color!
2.gif
Hee, hee, I''m thinking about it. I can order the replacement fabric set (canopy and seat fabric only, not the bassinette) in green for $99, so I will have options and it will still be less than the bug. I wish they offered the fabric set in the plum color, because I would rather have the bassinette in the gender-neutral green. Vista is supposed to have great customer service, so I am going to call and ask if it is possible to get a swatch of the plum before I order the stroller.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Eph, thanks for reminding me of a few more pros/cons. We did like the viewing window on the Vista shade and the larger storage basket, as well as the standing fold and the easier recline mechanism. The bar between the wheels on the Cam didn''t bother us because we put the handle at its greatest extension so we weren''t near the bar. I compared the recline on the 2 seats in the forward-facing position and the cam was more upright. I guess if baby girl wants to sit up straighter, we can put a small pillow behind her back.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 7:34:34 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed but I LOVE our Tiny Love play mat. She started using it at 5 weeks and STILL plays with it at 7 months. Just today she had a blast crawling around, looking in the mirror, playing with the little music thing (that is good for belly time or you can tie it up and baby can kick it) and ''eating'' all the toys.
I want to get a Tiny Love play mat because they receive such great reviews. Which model do you have? I am having a hard time picking one. I also want a Tiny Love crib mobile.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, I think you said you were getting the Symphony in Motion mobile, right? That''s what we have, and the babies LOVE them! I think you said yours has a remote, but ours doesn''t -- that''s a cool feature that I wish we had on ours. My only complaint is that you can''t have the mobile spinning without the music playing. We had a Baby Einstein lullaby CD that we wanted to play but we couldn''t have that on and the mobile at the same time or it was too much going on. Other than that though, it''s a great mobile and I totally recommend it! (Our pedi actually recommended it to us.)

We have a Tiny Love gym mat too -- the Super Deluxe with Lights and Music. I thought it was great! I''ve also heard good things about some Baby Einstein one (?).

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 8:51:33 PM
Author: ellaila
Kay, I think you said you were getting the Symphony in Motion mobile, right? That''s what we have, and the babies LOVE them! I think you said yours has a remote, but ours doesn''t -- that''s a cool feature that I wish we had on ours. My only complaint is that you can''t have the mobile spinning without the music playing. We had a Baby Einstein lullaby CD that we wanted to play but we couldn''t have that on and the mobile at the same time or it was too much going on. Other than that though, it''s a great mobile and I totally recommend it! (Our pedi actually recommended it to us.)

We have a Tiny Love gym mat too -- the Super Deluxe with Lights and Music. I thought it was great! I''ve also heard good things about some Baby Einstein one (?).
Yes, we are registering for the Symphony in Motion mobile. The remote looks like a good idea so we can turn it on w/o walking into the room and drawing her attention. It is too bad it cannot run w/o the music -- I am finding that is the case with several baby toys.

We are looking at that particular mat -- glad to hear you like it. There are just too many choices!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone not use playmats and playards? I''m new to the baby-gadget-world, and my place doesn''t have enough room for all of these things. I''m not sure we''re going to buy a stroller until the baby is too heavy for us to carry (25-30lbs), and I would never have thought of many of the things on these lists. We''re trying to be as minimalist as possible, and I''m working on a list of absolute essentials, but there are obviously things that I haven''t thought of yet. I''m sure my list will grow as the months go by. I like the idea of a padded mesh bumper instead of the typical fabric ones, and a car seat is obviously a must, but overall I''m feeling a bit overwhelmed! Swing? Boppy? Bassinet? Sleep sacks?
23.gif

My husband just came home and said, ''if a cardboard box is good enough for the cats, it''ll be good enough for the baby!''
3.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 9:37:13 PM
Author: erica k
Does anyone not use playmats and playards? I''m new to the baby-gadget-world, and my place doesn''t have enough room for all of these things. I''m not sure we''re going to buy a stroller until the baby is too heavy for us to carry (25-30lbs), and I would never have thought of many of the things on these lists. We''re trying to be as minimalist as possible, and I''m working on a list of absolute essentials, but there are obviously things that I haven''t thought of yet. I''m sure my list will grow as the months go by. I like the idea of a padded mesh bumper instead of the typical fabric ones, and a car seat is obviously a must, but overall I''m feeling a bit overwhelmed! Swing? Boppy? Bassinet? Sleep sacks?
23.gif

My husband just came home and said, ''if a cardboard box is good enough for the cats, it''ll be good enough for the baby!''
3.gif

I don''t think playmats and playards are necessities. My mom used to be a SAHM when we were young and she was the caretaker of my cousin (she stays over Monday to Friday since she was an infant). She never had a playard or playmat. I think a lot of baby stuffs just help make the parents'' lives easier, but they are in no way necessities.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kay, I will have to look at the model I have. It looks similar to Ella''s but has this thing she can kick or hit that plays music. We love it.

erica, of course there is a lot that aren''t essentials but I really do think certain things helped her reach milestones quicker. Her legs are so strong from her exersaucer. Also she learned cause and effect. Hit this button it lights up. The bumbo helped her sit and see the world different. The mat encouraged her to roll and scoot to get a toy. Reach for things. Bored babies are crabby babies. I am not saying you need it all but you do need SOMETHING for the poor kid. I love that I have a child who can entertain herself. She is over 17 lbs and that is pretty darn heavy. They do have portable swings that fold. W/o a swing I would have gone insane. I am NOT kidding. Sleep sacks are for safety and I DO think a must. Boppy is nice if you are BFing but I guess you could do it old school with a million pillows. You do not need a bassinet if you want the baby to sleep in its crib but the kid needs somewhere safe to sleep. I think you and your DH are in for a shock.

Q, I am a SAHM and I think you will soon discover there is nothing wrong with making your life easier! Besides I bet she had a swing. Probably a crank one. Or a jumper. There were things even way back when
2.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
tacori - Oh I am all about making life easier, and I am sure I''ll get all the gadgets for that. I was just saying that they are not necessities for those who don''t want it. =D

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That book parenting inc that I mentioned (I haven''t read it all, just excerpts) talks about how we feel the need to provide "learning" environments for the baby. While I do think some things do help (Amelia has a playmat, although so far, she''s not all that into it), sometimes a baby just lying there staring at things isn''t bored...s/he learning that way too. Just a thought.

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 2:20:58 PM
Author: ephemery1

Date: 6/24/2008 12:34:16 PM
Author: pavelover
Hey guys(ladies)-
Anybody know of or have the Bumbleride Flyer? I am in love with the looks and price but it got mixed reviews on steering and wheels. I still need to find a store to check it out in person but was hoping somebody here has some personal knowledge?
thanks.
Hi Pave,

I did a bit of research on the Bumbleride (both Flyer and Indie) back in the beginning, but it wasn''t reviewed to be quite as sturdy/reliable as some of the more $$ ones, so I ruled it out pretty quickly. But that''s because I walk a minimum of 5-10 miles a week (over cobblestones and cracked sidewalks), and knew I needed something as sturdy as possible. Also, while it does have a reversible handlebar, I remember reading that reversing it to rear-facing isn''t quite as convenient because it makes the handlebar too short for comfortable walking... and rear-facing was an option I wanted. Plus I wanted a nice-quality bassinet, since we won''t be using a carseat often. The looks and price are definitely enticing though, I agree! And it would probably be a great option for somebody who had different needs than I did.
Thanks Ephemery- I have read reviews that said the same- And then reviews where ppl just rave about it. My needs are probably different than yours but in my mind I would like to really just walk alot with the baby. It sounds so healthy and good for the environment. I have lots of places within walking distance so it is my goal to take advantage of these(I am not sure why I am not trying this now? I guess I have a little fantasy about how I am going to hang out with my baby. We live near a cute little downtown area, plus grocery store, pharmacy etc all within walking distance). Anyhoo I have lots of time. My friend is showing me articles about not falling into the parent/marketing trap like Tgal I think or maybe it was indy was talking about in other posts. But I think the stroller would be the only splurge and my dh is good with whatever as long as it is functional and sturdy. I am really into the uppababy but have not seen anything in person yet, except graco and others like at toys r us. There is a baby superstore nearby with lots to look at so I am looking forward to that.
So have you pushed the stroller around outside yet? You could put som bags of sugar or something and put the cover on. No one would even know
2.gif
Well I will be anxiously awaiting your trial run- I bet you are too, huh? Does it feel like time is going fast? It seems so for me, but then in other ways, drawn out. Hope you are feeling well.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2008 10:54:53 PM
Kay, I will have to look at the model I have. It looks similar to Ella''s but has this thing she can kick or hit that plays music. We love it.

erica, of course there is a lot that aren''t essentials but I really do think certain things helped her reach milestones quicker. Her legs are so strong from her exersaucer. Also she learned cause and effect. Hit this button it lights up. The bumbo helped her sit and see the world different. The mat encouraged her to roll and scoot to get a toy. Reach for things. Bored babies are crabby babies. I am not saying you need it all but you do need SOMETHING for the poor kid. I love that I have a child who can entertain herself. She is over 17 lbs and that is pretty darn heavy. They do have portable swings that fold. W/o a swing I would have gone insane. I am NOT kidding. Sleep sacks are for safety and I DO think a must. Boppy is nice if you are BFing but I guess you could do it old school with a million pillows. You do not need a bassinet if you want the baby to sleep in its crib but the kid needs somewhere safe to sleep. I think you and your DH are in for a shock.

Q, I am a SAHM and I think you will soon discover there is nothing wrong with making your life easier! Besides I bet she had a swing. Probably a crank one. Or a jumper. There were things even way back when
2.gif

Actually, I don''t think we''re in for a shock, but I''m not sure if these are the things that we need to buy in order to keep the baby occupied, learning, and amused. Flashing lights, music, and other interactive toys are all things that I didn''t have while growing up (not even a swing). I just wanted to know if there were alternatives that I could cobble together without buying baby-industry-goods. I guess with an architect/design-minded husband, we''ll be able to figure it out for ourselves. This is probably the wrong thread for me...

And oh yeah, I realize the baby needs "somewhere safe to sleep." I just wanted to know whether people thought it was helpful to have ''both'' a bassinet and a crib, or whether it would be worth my money to buy something like the Stokke Sleepi system.

We were kidding about the cardboard, which apparently wasn''t clear.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 7:34:34 PM
Not sure if this has been discussed but I LOVE our Tiny Love play mat. She started using it at 5 weeks and STILL plays with it at 7 months. Just today she had a blast crawling around, looking in the mirror, playing with the little music thing (that is good for belly time or you can tie it up and baby can kick it) and ''eating'' all the toys.
After you mentioned this I looked it up and they look pretty cool... some of my friend''s babies also play on them for ever (even when they are little and "playing" involves staring at the toys
2.gif
)...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
DD, the fact that she is almost 8 months old and STILL loves it says something. I also bought the "wind chimes". When she was 5 weeks she would kick them and start to reach for the toys. I am sure she didn''t know SHE was the one making the noise but it was so cool to see her interact with her environment. I agree with Tgal, at first they can be entertained by just watching/staring but as they get older...they need something more
2.gif
Babies WILL get fussy when bored. Not to say they need constant stimulation but you will find out what is right for you and your baby.

We do not use out play yard much. We used the bassinet for 4 months (it is removable with it''s own stand) and only the main part when we went on vacation. She slept fine in it. Her new FAVORITE toy...a mirror...typically girl.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, that''s hilarious that she loves the mirror!

BTW where did you and Eph get your criibs from? They are really purdy...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 4:25:04 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Tacori, that''s hilarious that she loves the mirror!

BTW where did you and Eph get your criibs from? They are really purdy...

I got mine through USA Baby. I think she got her crib from Buy Buy Baby (not sure though!) You can look up a store locater on their website here. They have so many different styles but I do think the Urban is more modern/cleaner lines. Mine is espresso, she chose white, and it also comes in a cherry finish.

Yes, she just stares at herself and giggles. Already vain!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 3:23:40 PM
DD, the fact that she is almost 8 months old and STILL loves it says something. I also bought the ''wind chimes''. When she was 5 weeks she would kick them and start to reach for the toys. I am sure she didn''t know SHE was the one making the noise but it was so cool to see her interact with her environment. I agree with Tgal, at first they can be entertained by just watching/staring but as they get older...they need something more
2.gif
Babies WILL get fussy when bored. Not to say they need constant stimulation but you will find out what is right for you and your baby.

We do not use out play yard much. We used the bassinet for 4 months (it is removable with it''s own stand) and only the main part when we went on vacation. She slept fine in it. Her new FAVORITE toy...a mirror...typically girl.

Hmm, I’m surprised to hear T doesn’t use her playard much. I have been debating getting a PNP for the living room. I figure I will spend more time in the living room/dining room/kitchen area than the bedrooms when I am home during the day, and I will need a place to change Wiggle Worm and also a safe place to put her when I need to do something other than hold her (I figured I would alternate between the PNP and the swing). I have bad knees and will probably be recovering from a c section, so I will not be able to change her on the floor. If she doesn’t use her playard, where do you put T when you need to do something else? This may be a naive question, but I assume infants need to be “locked” into something (crib, bassinette, playard, swing, car seat, etc.) when you are not holding them.

Because Wiggle Worm won’t have a regular crib for a few months and I am going to try to BF, we are probably going to get an Arm’s Reach Co-Sleeper Mini for our bedroom. It converts to a playard, but is pretty small (34” x 20” versus 40” x 28” for a PNP) so it won’t have much room for a baby to play. The 40” x 28” version of the co-sleeper is just too big for our room (plus costs about the same as the mini plus one of the cheaper PNPs with changing table). I feel silly and wasteful buying a mini co-sleeper/playard for the bedroom and a regular size PNP for the living room, especially in a one-story house. However, it would probably not be good for me or our wood floors for me to have to drag one unit back and forth between the different areas. argh, there are so many decisions to make!
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
kay, I thought we would use it a lot too (since all the bedrooms are upstairs). But nope. I change her on the floor and sofa....I do not like the changing thing on the PNP. I like flatter surfaces. She always napped in her swing, now always in her crib. We finally folded it up and have it in the other room. I don''t think you need a co-sleeper AND PNP.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Kay, we had a cosleeper in our bedroom and a P&P in the living room. The cosleeper actually didn't work well for us when the twins were newborns b/c they were just way too noisy sleepers to be in our room with us! (Instead we took alternating nights in the living room, and the babies slept in the P&P. That way, one of us got a good night's sleep every other night.) We use the P&P ALL the time -- still! It is more or less the only place we ever change their diapers, and we now use the playpen part of it as well to "lock" them up (ha ha). We recently moved the P&Pout of the living room and into our bedroom, and on hot nights we have the babies sleep in our AC'd room with us -- one in the P&P and one in the cosleeper. So much as it's an expense and a space-eater to have them both, we really benefitted from having both items. But then again, we've got two babies ....

ETA: though now that I think about it, I must admit that a good percentage of the time the cosleeper is where we dump our clean laundry when we don't have time to fold it. When we use it, it's convenient, but it's sort of an expensive item to have just for convenience!

Oh, and yes, G&K love mirrors too. Whenever they cry, I carry them (bouncing them) into the bathroom and stand in front of the mirror. Guaranteed cry-stopper!!
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does anyone not use playmats and playards? I'm new to the baby-gadget-world, and my place doesn't have enough room for all of these things. I'm not sure we're going to buy a stroller until the baby is too heavy for us to carry (25-30lbs), and I would never have thought of many of the things on these lists. We're trying to be as minimalist as possible, and I'm working on a list of absolute essentials, but there are obviously things that I haven't thought of yet. I'm sure my list will grow as the months go by. I like the idea of a padded mesh bumper instead of the typical fabric ones, and a car seat is obviously a must, but overall I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! Swing? Boppy? Bassinet? Sleep sacks?
23.gif

My husband just came home and said, 'if a cardboard box is good enough for the cats, it'll be good enough for the baby!'
3.gif

Erica: I also am trying to limit the "stuff" we buy. But at the same time, I think you'll be wanting a stroller and a few other baby items when the time comes! Babies cry, they fuss, and sometimes they are annoying. If you are trying to work from home on your dissertation (I will be too!) there are certain things like a swing that will be the ONLY thing that will help you keep your sanity. It'll keep the baby quiet while you do some work. My mom and many of my friends say that swings/playmats, etc. are the only things that kept them sane on some days.

While I think it's great to choose baby items in a minimalist way, you might want to just keep your eyes and ears open about these suggestions in case you are tearing your hair out one day and decide you MUST get something to help calm the baby RIGHT NOW, then you can zip into the store, buy what you need, and leave. I agree that there probably isn't a need for ALL of these things in one household, but a few can make the difference between a happy, dissertation writing mommy and a pulling her hair out, getting nothing done, unhappy mommy.

Just a thought...

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 10:14:18 AM
Author: neatfreak

23.gif

3.gif
YIKES! Are you and your hubby superheroes or something? Or do you have extra limbs so you can carry a baby and get things done all at the same time?
2.gif
There is NO WAY you will be able to carry a 25-lb kid around all the time. It''s not possible. And yes, you can babywear, but if you did that all the time, you will break your back. A stroller isn''t a luxury, it''s a necessity!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another reason why I love my SNG! Light and folds up small...not pretty though.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 3:05:50 PM
Author: ellaila

Date: 6/27/2008 10:14:18 AM
Author: neatfreak

23.gif

3.gif
YIKES! Are you and your hubby superheroes or something? Or do you have extra limbs so you can carry a baby and get things done all at the same time?
2.gif
There is NO WAY you will be able to carry a 25-lb kid around all the time. It''s not possible. And yes, you can babywear, but if you did that all the time, you will break your back. A stroller isn''t a luxury, it''s a necessity!
Haha, ella, I couldn''t agree more!!! We would be LOST without our strollers! Lily weighs about 21 lbs now and neither DH nor I would even consider putting her in the Bjorn at this point! I think we retired ours by the time she was maybe 17 lbs. (I''m pretty sure it was much earlier than that for me!). Plus, I''m not sure a toddler would really enjoy being strapped on to a parent when they get to be that big--my girl barely wants to be held anymore now that she can walk. But I guess it''s different for everyone. I just know that I could never live without a stroller!
2.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2008 4:02:39 PM
Author: curlygirl
Date: 6/27/2008 3:05:50 PM
Haha, ella, I couldn't agree more!!! We would be LOST without our strollers! Lily weighs about 21 lbs now and neither DH nor I would even consider putting her in the Bjorn at this point! I think we retired ours by the time she was maybe 17 lbs. (I'm pretty sure it was much earlier than that for me!). Plus, I'm not sure a toddler would really enjoy being strapped on to a parent when they get to be that big--my girl barely wants to be held anymore now that she can walk. But I guess it's different for everyone. I just know that I could never live without a stroller!
2.gif

Me neither...that is why it is the first thing we purchased! (Twins, so we got the Maclaren Twin Triumph). Super easy and light for any other twin mommies out there! I've tested it with a few friends kids...
28.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly! T is 17.5 lbs and a PITA to hold longer than a few minutes. My arm goes numb! I was hoping to still use the Bjorn while traveling this summer but now you scared me!
2.gif
What I *thought* I would need and what I *ended* up needing was very different. Babies are so easy to carry (and care for!) in the womb! How are you feeling these days?

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
Our goal is to wait until we really need a stroller to buy one. We both have very good endurance levels. Living in the city, walking everywhere with groceries and heavy objects, bicycling with bags of books, and driving as a last resort, is pretty much how we operate. The stroller isn''t a bad thing for us; it''s obviously necessary for certain activities, but not something we want to rely on too much. This is how we were raised, and how we would like our children to raised.

I''m not surprised about the Baby Bjorn, as I have read many reviews saying that 17-18 pounds is about the limit for comfortable wearing. If that''s my limit, too, then that''s when I''ll move on to a stroller (but I won''t be buying the Bjorn). I don''t think there''s anything wrong/naive with ''wanting'' to stick with baby wearing as long as we are open to options at any point in time (which we are).

If we had twins, I would buy a stroller immediately. If the baby/toddler starts squirming and refuses to be carried, and no other sling/carry options are working, then the stroller will be the default carrying device. All I can say is, thank goodness for super lightweight, maneuverable strollers.

However, I don''t think there''s anything wrong/pig-headed with not wanting to use the stroller, just as I don''t think there''s anything wrong with the choices you''ve made, or the options you''re considering as first-time pregnant women (like me). I value your opinions and experience, and I also value my mother''s. I was raised to focus on babywearing and minimal stuff, but I''m not blind to the hard realities of child rearing. We''ll figure out what works as time goes by with the help of people who have similar perspectives (including the openness to both unusual and conventional (aka ''tried and true'' solutions
2.gif
)).

Anyway, since I''m starting to feel like a black sheep here, I guess that''s it for now. There''s only so much I can say to explain ourselves to anyone who thinks we''re naive or delusional.
40.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Erica, I'm sorry for making you feel like a black sheep here - not my intention! I think babywearing is great -- IF the baby likes it. But there's no guarantee that your baby will! I think that going into this thinking "That's what we're doing, period" IS a bit naive. A lot of babies just don't like being carried and prefer the soothing vibrations from a stroller. And the reality of it is that you can't get everything accomplished while you're wearing a 15-lb baby strapped to you - you just can't. You may be able to carry heavy bags of groceries now but try it with a child attached to you!

I'm not trying to burst your bubble or make you feel bad. This is a thread about baby stuff, and obviously all of us mommies who have experience with babies agree that while a sling/Bjorn is great for some things, it's pretty hard for that to be your only baby transportation for the first six months! If you can prove us wrong once your little one has arrived, then all the power to you, sister!
21.gif

ETA: having a good endurance level with groceries, bags of books, walking, etc. doesn't equate at all to having a squirming crying baby on you!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Erica, this is just a thread where we just put what we *think* are great finds, but what works for one doesn''t work for all.

As far as baby carrying goes, I think it''s a very cool thing. I do agree with the other ladies though that sometimes it just doesn''t work out. Amelia LOVES to be carried, but you know what derailed us? The fact that we live in California and she was born in the spring and that it got HOT here. I have the ERGO carrier with the newborn insert and used it for a bit as I really liked it. But then I''d take her out and she''d be totally hot and sweaty and would have heat rash! I''ve read to be really careful with newborns in carried in the summer for that reason. Maybe a simple sling would be much cooler, but my ERGO was way too thick. On top of that, if it was warm out, I would get all hot and sweaty which really didn''t help cool her down at all.

So the ERGO is shelved for now until I can back carry her. where hopefully she will enjoy it more. The BOB was so much better for her early on with its big canopy and better air circulation.

I think stuff like this is like L&D....go into it with ideas of how you''d like it to go, but keep an open mind. And it sounds like you are, so you will be fine.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Erica - Don''t feel like the black sheep. This thread is intended for recommendations on baby stuffs that other find great and useful, and that''s it. It doesn''t mean you will need or want everythings that are mentioned. I think babywearing is great, and plan to do that as much as possible. It''s something that worked for people for many years. My mom only used the traditional mei tai with us when we were little and in Hong Kong. Most people don''t even own a stroller in Asian countries because it''s just not convenience with public transportation. So for me, I don''t consider stroller a necessity, but we are getting one to make our lives easier. Plus I will get a mei tai carrier for me and a Lascal M1 carrier for DH.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results