shape
carat
color
clarity

Preggo stuff, Baby Stuff, Toddler Stuff...post your best finds here!!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Q, dimensions are 60" x 32", same as a standard crib... probably just a funny effect of the picture. Tacori, I do love your crib, definitely my style. Although I am in love with those full-length end panels!
39.gif
Especially since baby's nursery area won't be very private... it seemed like one small way of blocking out some extra light and noise and action. I'll have to talk to the salesfolks to see if people have figured out a way to make the mesh bumper work safely. There is one on the BRU website that looks like it would work okay... not sure about the ultimate crib sheet though. There are a fair amount of cribs out there with similar designs, or those all-in-one units, so I'll have to read some reviews and see what other moms have done.

We were originally considering a round or mini-crib (depending on what would best fit our limited space), neither of which would have either the UCS or the mesh bumper option, so I guess it's always a matter of what convenience we're willing to sacrifice for another. And it seems like moms have such specific preferences (some would never consider a crib without a drop-side, others say it's totally unnecessary), it's hard to know what my own preferences will be. Wish I could see into the future!
37.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I could have seen the future I would have made a few different choices for sure!
41.gif
My crib does not have a drop down which is fine with me. I am short but I can reach in and pick her up easily (right now it is on the highest level). Plus no extra step or noise to wake her up. I also like the look of non drop down cribs (cleaner look). I would suggest you go to a store where you could see them in person. Try them out. You''ll find your perfect crib.
1.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours is a "lifetime" crib too. It will be a long time before we''ll use it for anything other than a crib though. Isn''t it so funny LC how scared we are of these little people? When we hear her whimper in the monitor DH gets a terrified look on his face and I feel that dreaded feeling. So funny!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Completely, Tacori. Miller was asleep in my arms the other night, and as I set him down, he rolled on his side toward me and opened his eyes. I literally dropped to the floor so he could not see me and basically crawled on my belly out of his room!!! They are truly mini dictators!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha so funny LC! Miller already knows who''s boss! Did he catch you?

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
No, I safely made it out of enemy territory that time!!!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
My cribs arrived today! Now someone has to put them together . . . .

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Awww why did I have to look on the website you posted, akmiss? I love this dress. It''s adorable. I want to get it for 12 - 18mos. Is that too early?

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
I know some people dont like these but by far the best purchase I''ve made lately is the Eddie Bauer Monkey Harness/backpack http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-2-Harness-Buddy/dp/B0011UNHQ2/ref=bxgy_cc_img_a_162751011/601-0347231-5670540

My daughter fights sitting in carts or her stroller & doesnt like her hand held for too long. I dont know why I didnt get one sooner, this sucker is a godsend. My daughter loves it & it gives her some freedom while keeping her close/safe plus it''s cute & cheap.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Q, that dress would look adorable on Tessa
27.gif
I think dresses are a great value b/c they can wear them longer. Just be sure you get the dress in the size she will be during the summer.

Vegas, I am SO far away from needing that but good to know they work.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori maybe you wont need one with Tessa.

My girl is a runner. I swear when she gets older I''m putting her in track- She is so fast I cant barely catch her & you can call her as many times & as you want & she wont stop. That is why I need the harness. She wont sit in carts or stroller (without a fight) & runs off if I let her walk.

Something I really used a lot when Yvette was younger especially during teething- those mesh feeders. I would put frozen banana, apples etc. & let my daughter naw away. It made her feel better & got some healthy food in her. Just thought I''d throw that out.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori - that dress would so cute on Tessa. Buy, Buy, Buy. hehe.

VegasAngel - I know what you mean about people not liking the harness. DH and I suggest that his sis gets one for her son since he is like your daughter (run off and won''t stop when called). She got really upset at us and said he is not a dog. She also said that about safety gate, which I thought was odd, but to each, their own. I will definitely get one if my kids are runner.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Vegas, that harness is a great find! I think it's weirdly judgmental when people insist they would never use one... what's the big deal? If it works, it works... and it seems to give the child more freedom (and safety!) than those being dragged around by the arm instead.

Q, that dress is adorable!! One thing my cousin has reminded me is that when they are crawling but not quite walking, those mid-length dresses can be annoying because they get caught on their knees and make them sprawl flat on their faces. But they do look cute!!

Speaking of cute, DH spotted this in the Red Envelope catalog and when I saw it was marked down to $17, I impulse-bought it last night.
12.gif
It's sized for 0-6 months, so for a baby born in October, it seems like we might get at least a couple uses out of it. Haha... usually I avoid anything too "cutesy"... but I was so amused that DH picked it out, that I couldn't resist! The picture just made me laugh:

ETA -- WHOAAAAAAA that pic was way too big... sorry, all!

RELambBlanket.jpg

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Hehe... the conversation I just had online with my little brother regarding the lamb blanket purchase:

ME: i may or may not have just ordered this: [link to pic]
(long pause)
HIM: did you really order that
ME: yes i did
ME: it was marked down to $17
HIM: i see
(even longer pause)
HIM: what if its a boy
ME: then he will wear it proudly
HIM: i will take pictures and show them to him many years later... and he will resent you for making him wear that
ME: whatever... it's going to be a girl anyway

It seems he may not wholly approve.........
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vegas, I have seen those. Do you clean them in the dishwasher?

Q, you enabler! That is true about crawling. Might want to pick a size around that.

Eph, can''t wait to see your little one in that. How funny!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Qtiekiki & Ephemery sometimes when I use the harness I do kind of feel like I''m walking a dog BUT my daughter totally loves wearing it & even brings it to me so she can wear it around the house. I feel much better knowing she wont get hit by a car, lost etc.. Honestly no one has ever said anything about it (To my face) & I havent see any glares so no worries.

Tacori you can throw it in the dishwasher but it''s hard to get clean with all the nooks & crannies. What I do to get it clean quick & easy is put it in a cup of hot water with baking soda or a denture tab & it bubbles out all the food particles.

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Ephemery that is wicked cute.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooohhh.....good idea Vegas!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
So since the morning/evening sickness is still ruling my life, I''ve been spending a lot of time idling searching for baby things online while trying not to think about my sensitivfe tummy.
3.gif
I came across this Cole Haan diaper bag months ago (listed at $335), but happened to find it on SmartBargains (LINK) last night for $169... so I took a chance and ordered it! Definitely seems practical: good size/shape, lots of pockets for organization (4 outside, 7 inside), shoulder straps and a cross-body strap, cool plastic lining for easy cleaning, removeable changing pad, some leather but mostly nylon so not too heavy, and should be attachable to a stroller by the cross-body strap attachments. But it just seemed like a cool bag in general... should be reusable for non-diaper bag purposes as well. It''s available in black too, but I loved the orange. If anyone is interested, Zappos (LINK) has better pix from a bunch of different angles. I''ll keep everyone posted when I get it in the mail, just thought I''d share in the meantime!
1.gif

EphCHDiaper1.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
What a cute bag, Ephemery!!! I love it!

Penn, how goes the crib assembly! Those things are hell - I can''t imagine doing two!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 4:22:28 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
What a cute bag, Ephemery!!! I love it!

Penn, how goes the crib assembly! Those things are hell - I can't imagine doing two!

My next door neighbor assembled one of them for us. I kind of got it started, but I shouldn't be allowed to use power tools. We're only going to assemble one until we move to the new house, I figure they could share a crib for the very short interim.

I'd like to know what you all think about this stroller. I think it's perfect for twins and the price isn't bad.

PI_ZT001-ICS_01_500x500.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another:

PI_ZT001-RBY_02_500x500.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
And one more:

PI_ZT001-RBY_05_500x500.jpg

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
My only other option seems to be the Graco Quattro Tour Duo. I like it, but it looks like it would be hard to put together and it looks kind of slim so I think that the twins might potentially find it uncomfortable.

6K00FNR3.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Penn, from a purely aesthetic perspective, I prefer stroller 2.

I think it is better to keep the twins in one crib for the first bit, or so I have read.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Aesthetically, I prefer the Graco also, but I''m thinking more about their comfort and safety. When two car seats are attached to the Graco, it looks extremely unsafe.

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2008 8:59:02 AM
Author: pennquaker09
Aesthetically, I prefer the Graco also, but I'm thinking more about their comfort and safety. When two car seats are attached to the Graco, it looks extremely unsafe.
If you're concerned about safety, might be worth checking out the book "Baby Bargains" to see their recommendations on double strollers... from what I've heard, they have a lot of good ratings/reviews. What make is the first stroller?

ETA - All other things considered, I'd personally go for a "slimmer" profile stroller just because I live in the city and shops/restaurants are on a smaller scale here... getting stuck in narrow aisles drives me crazy. But in the 'burbs you should be okay with whatever width feels comfortable to you. Any information about the durability of the wheels?

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Kolcraft makes the first stroller and I read the reviews on it. A lot of emphasis is on the wheels and ease of use. Which is important because I'm not a big guy. I'm right at 5'7" and I weigh about 138.

There are more reviews available for the Graco, but it seems like everyone with the stroller has an infant and a toddler. It's the heavier of the two.

I might just get both. I like the pattern of the Graco and I like the versatility of the Kolcraft.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results