shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

seeeca

Rough_Rock
Love the Clash ring. I've thought about it so many times, but when I try it on, it's NOT love. Argh. It looks great on you. The color works.

Thanks!

Bummer it didn't work for you :(2

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had fun at Cartier today. I had been eyeing the Cartier Trinity from the moment I saw it. While I was there, I tried on a few other things. I have barely tried on any rose gold, I am surprised at how much I fell for it!

Cartier Trinity, Small and Classic (I liked the Small on my middle/index finger) - I went up 3 whole sizes (Euro sizes) which shocked me! So 3/4 sizes larger than my normal size in US. Their recommendation on their site to size down is baffling

IMG-8483.jpg
IMG-8488.jpg

Small. :kiss2:
IMG-8490.jpg

Leger XS and S, white gold and rose gold, then XS and S in rose gold

IMG-8492.jpg
IMG-8493.jpg

Love cuff white gold and rose gold
unplated white gold really is not for me...love the RG though! But I found it somewhat uncomfortable
IMG-8496.jpg

Love bangle - I loved these two. I don't know which is my favorite!!! Much more comfortable than the cuff in my opinion. One day...

IMG-8501.jpg

Absolutely adore the thin Love on you! It's definitely on my Wish List! :kiss2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely adore the thin Love on you! It's definitely on my Wish List! :kiss2:

it’s on mine now too! It was so much prettier than I possibly imagined

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Totally agree iwth you on the sizing of the trinity ring. I have to size up or I get serious finger muffin top. Love the YG and RG on you.

It was so unexpected! That’s why it’s so important to try things on or make sure you have a chance to return items…

And thank you!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I had visited the Cartier boutique back in May and purchased the Trinity ring- which I've worn daily since then. While there, I tried on the JUC bracelet (WG w/diamonds). I didn't think I would like the JUC, but when I put it on It was beautiful.

I've been thinking about the JUC bracelet ever since. There is a strong significance to me with the nail motif. My father was a house builder, and my mom would help him build the homes. He also built two of our family homes growing up. They have both passed away (2005/2009). It brings back strong and happy memories.

I went back to Cartier last week and tried the bracelets on again. I tried on the "small" JUC and regular size. They all were lovely. The small didn't seem like it would hold up well for the long term. The model they were using was already misshapen.
The diamond regular size was over my budget, and I really didn't want extra diamonds on my wrist.

I tried on the three gold colors and narrowed it down to the YG and WG. Surprisingly, the YG looked much nicer to me than the WG ( and I'm a WG person).

IMG_3923.jpg IMG_3950 (1).jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had visited the Cartier boutique back in May and purchased the Trinity ring- which I've worn daily since then. While there, I tried on the JUC bracelet (WG w/diamonds). I didn't think I would like the JUC, but when I put it on It was beautiful.

I've been thinking about the JUC bracelet ever since. There is a strong significance to me with the nail motif. My father was a house builder, and my mom would help him build the homes. He also built two of our family homes growing up. They have both passed away (2005/2009). It brings back strong and happy memories.

I went back to Cartier last week and tried the bracelets on again. I tried on the "small" JUC and regular size. They all were lovely. The small didn't seem like it would hold up well for the long term. The model they were using was already misshapen.
The diamond regular size was over my budget, and I really didn't want extra diamonds on my wrist.

I tried on the three gold colors and narrowed it down to the YG and WG. Surprisingly, the YG looked much nicer to me than the WG ( and I'm a WG person).

Congratulations!!! Can't wait for mod shots. Yes, as much as I love WG, that was a little too industrial for me. The style and look of the JUC is so cool and edgy. I wish I could fit it. I also agree that the thin does feel flimsy. If I ever were to buy it, I would accept that it probably would not last forever, as much as I'd like it to.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Y'know. I love the look of the JUC. But the fact that it's a nail - clearly a nail, even if a stylized nail - has never really resonated with me. Until I read your post. And oh my goodness, what a wonderful reason to want a nail. Not just the look of the JUC, but the look of a nail. Everything that that nail means to you.

I love this bracelet so much for you. Beautiful in every way, to eye and mind and heart. I hope it brings you loving remembrance and healing contentment :love:

Thank you for sharing it with us!! Please share some modelling pictures!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:Congrats Paisley2628!
Its looks amazing on you and I just love the significance. I'm sure every time you look down on your wrist you will smile and think of your dear sweet parents.:saint:

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:Congrats Paisley2628!
Its looks amazing on you and I just love the significance. I'm sure every time you look down on your wrist you will smile and think of your dear sweet parents.:saint:

Thank you so much @Rubies-R-Me !

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:Wow!! What a truly gorgeous combo!! :appl:

maibeans

Rough_Rock
:love:Wow!! What a truly gorgeous combo!! :appl:

Thanks! It took some time to get it back after purchasing. Had to get links removed three times to fit correctly, but it was well worth the wait.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the beginning of this year I ran into pictures of a discontinued Cartier collection - Caresse d'orchidées with onyx and pave in white gold. Earrings, necklaces, rings... Fell fast and hard for one ring in particular, a between-the-finger style with one large onyx orchid and one smaller pave orchid offset each other.

Two friends very kindly asked their SAs if one could be located, but nothing could be found at all - let alone in my size. I called the NYC flagship - still nothing. And I needed this ring. So I bought a preloved piece, as close to my size as possible, intending to have it adjusted. I wound up buying from TRR and they were great to work with!! I explained that I would be having it sized by Cartier, and that Cartier's evaluation would take several weeks, and they unhesitatingly extended the refund period in case of non-authenticity.

Unexpectedly, Cartier's Service department determined that this style of ring can't actually be resized. It had to be remade entirely. So off it went to Paris, and three months later I got my fresh-from-the-workshop remake :love:

The preloved piece I bought was a size 53 and I took it up to 55. It's now a touch too big :lol: But much better a bit too big than slightly too small right!?

Cartier charges 60% of current retail to remake a piece in scenarios like this (ie. Resize isn't feasible). In my case, since this line is discontinued, "current retail" was set at retail at time of deprecation. They destroy the old (I assume harvest for parts?) and reuse the original serial. And the SA who helped me generously arranged to have insurance valuation documentation done at no extra cost to me. All in all, between buying the preloved original and paying the 60% remake fee, I paid about half again former retail - in my opinion a very reasonable "pseudo special order" premium for the mind-clean value of taking home a brand new, never-altered, guaranteed-authentic creation from a discontinued line ❤️

Thank you @hathalove, @LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @m-2-b for the recommendations and moral support!! :bigsmile:

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

And a couple from prior to remake:

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the beginning of this year I ran into pictures of a discontinued Cartier collection - Caresse d'orchidées with onyx and pave in white gold. Earrings, necklaces, rings... Fell fast and hard for one ring in particular, a between-the-finger style with one large onyx orchid and one smaller pave orchid offset each other.

Two friends very kindly asked their Cartier SAs if one could be located, but nothing could be found at all - let alone in my size. I called Cartier NYC on 5th - still nothing. And I needed this ring. So I bought a preloved piece, as close to my size as possible, intending to have it adjusted. I wound up buying from TRR and they were great to work with!! I explained that I would be having it sized by Cartier, and that Cartier's evaluation would take several weeks, and they unhesitatingly extended the refund period in case of non-authenticity.

Unexpectedly, Cartier's Service department determined that this style of ring can't actually be resized. It had to be remade entirely. So off it went to Paris, and three months later I got my fresh-from-the-workshop remake :love:

The preloved piece I bought was a size 53 and I took it up to 55. It's now a touch too big :lol: But much better a bit too big than slightly too small right!?

Cartier charges 60% of current retail to remake a piece in scenarios like this (ie. Resize isn't feasible). In my case, since this line is discontinued, "current retail" was set at retail at time of deprecation. All in all, between buying the preloved original and paying the 60% remake fee, I paid about half again former retail - in my opinion a very reasonable "pseudo special order" premium for the mind-clean value of taking home a brand new, never-altered, guaranteed-authentic creation from a discontinued line ❤️

Thank you @hathalove, @LLJsmom, @diamondseeker2006, @m-2-b for the recommendations and moral support!! :bigsmile:

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Why would Cartier discontinue such a breathtaking line?
This ring is such a beauty. I am so impressed you too the chance with this piece and so happy that it paid off. It’s absolutely perfect on you, the ideal RHR. Unique, bold yet graceful and fluid. So happy for you @yssie!!!

Two friends very kindly asked their SAs if one could be located, but nothing could be found at all - let alone in my size. I called the NYC flagship - still nothing. And I needed this ring. So I bought a preloved piece, as close to my size as possible, intending to have it adjusted. I wound up buying from TRR and they were great to work with!! I explained that I would be having it sized by Cartier, and that Cartier's evaluation would take several weeks, and they unhesitatingly extended the refund period in case of non-authenticity.

Cartier charges 60% of current retail to remake a piece in scenarios like this (ie. Resize isn't feasible). In my case, since this line is discontinued, "current retail" was set at retail at time of deprecation. They destroy the old (I assume harvest for parts?) and reuse the original serial. And the SA who helped me generously arranged to have insurance valuation documentation done at no extra cost to me. All in all, between buying the preloved original and paying the 60% remake fee, I paid about half again former retail - in my opinion a very reasonable "pseudo special order" premium for the mind-clean value of taking home a brand new, never-altered, guaranteed-authentic creation from a discontinued line ❤️

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Someone please call an ambulance — my eyes just popped out of my head! This is the single most beautiful thing I’ve since…well, the last time you posted something of yours. Holy smokes.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

Omg @yssie

I’m SPEECHLESS

And I’m supposed to be a professional wordsmith

This has to be the most remarkable Cartier piece I’ve ever seen. EVER

Dead
Done
Cannot be topped
All-time number one

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom @Mary Queen of Scotch @Cerulean Thank you!! :bigsmile:

I know!!!! I have NO idea why they would discontinue this line - so pretty and feminine :love: I’m not much for big and bold, y’all know that - this line is (was?) probably the most “me” thing at Cartier!

This ring is so low profile! It’s my first “big ring” - I know, it’s really not that big - and it’s kind of shockingly wearable. I have no shame, I wear it to work, so far noone’s commented :lol:

It’s so sparkly IRL ::) I have to say it was a complete bear to try to get photos of though. The onyx picks up every fingerprint and every everything else and the pave - well pave just never does look great in photos does it? It’s honestly sooooo much prettier in-person :love:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations @Paisley2628 :kiss2:
I am trying hard not to be jealous :cry:
I have been drooling over the regular JUC in RG with diamonds.......but just can’t justify spending so much :cry2:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@LLJsmom @Mary Queen of Scotch @Cerulean Thank you!! :bigsmile:

I know!!!! I have NO idea why they would discontinue this line - so pretty and feminine :love: I’m not much for big and bold, y’all know that - this line is (was?) probably the most “me” thing at Cartier!

This ring is so low profile! It’s my first “big ring” - I know, it’s really not that big - and it’s kind of shockingly wearable. I have no shame, I wear it to work, so far noone’s commented :lol:

It’s so sparkly IRL ::) I have to say it was a complete bear to try to get photos of though. The onyx picks up every fingerprint and every everything else and the pave - well pave just never does look great in photos does it? It’s honestly sooooo much prettier in-person :love:

I also just noticed how you snuck in XS trinity ring. They look great together

As much as a love dainty, I also LOVE a big statement ring. But it is hard to keep them *aherm* elegant IMO. It seems like the kind of style you will also grow into so to speak over time as you age

The onyx is so sultry and suits the orchid so darn well – which i think is quite an eye-catching motif alone. anything black will be devilish to photograph...i know backlighting can help...but i never was very good at photography! i think you captured it well

if we worked together, i'd not-to-casually have to mindful of where my eyes were :lol:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

WOW! This is extraordinary! I love the orchid line, but I've never seen this piece before. Truly special, so happy to hear that you use it for daily wear. I would, too!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also just noticed how you snuck in XS trinity ring. They look great together

As much as a love dainty, I also LOVE a big statement ring. But it is hard to keep them *aherm* elegant IMO. It seems like the kind of style you will also grow into so to speak over time as you age

The onyx is so sultry and suits the orchid so darn well – which i think is quite an eye-catching motif alone. anything black will be devilish to photograph...i know backlighting can help...but i never was very good at photography! i think you captured it well

if we worked together, i'd not-to-casually have to mindful of where my eyes were :lol:

Oh my goodness. Black stone, white pave - my camera was having kittens :lol: I wound up putting a heavy ND filter on and opening aperture way up, and slowing shutter down to… I want to say a sixth or eighth of a second? And holding my breath to keep verrrrry stilllll… These pics are okay. Y’know. Definitely not my best work. I’ll try again at some point, it was a good learning experience!! My camera setup is pretty hokey, admittedly, some posterboard and felt and notebook covers involved :twisted2:

I’m definitely moving away from super dainty, in my mid-thirties - toward bigger and blingier. Everyone said that would happen and I didn’t believe them and here I am! :lol: And now that I know I can do bigger rings - there’s a whole world of jewellery out there just waiting to be coveted… :Up_to_something::bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! This is extraordinary! I love the orchid line, but I've never seen this piece before. Truly special, so happy to hear that you use it for daily wear. I would, too!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Thank you!! I’d sort of assumed I’d wear it for a week or two and then it would go back in the box - so I’m really surprising myself with how often I wear it! It’s big enough to be fun but not SO big that it’s the only thing you notice, if that makes any sense? So I feel like it can still slide under the radar a bit.

The other two BTF rings I’ve got my eye on - yeah, they’re not sliding under any radars :lol: But the bling budget is officially exhausted for the year!! Baby steps ::)

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A-1.png

A-2.png

A-3.png

A-4.png

B-3B.png

B-2.png

B-3.png

B-4.png

C-1.png

C-2.png

C3.jpg

C4.jpg

This is utterly spectacular, yssie. I have no other words. :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow I missed this thread, but here is my small full diamond trinity (300 diamonds, 1.3ctw, size 51)

9BF42067-F657-473B-9D05-93909B0E4C2F.jpeg

Oh wow! We need more photos of this!!

How long have you had it? And how often do you wear it?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! We need more photos of this!!

How long have you had it? And how often do you wear it?
I got it last year as an anniversary present.

I wear it about twice a week, and the diamonds do scratch the inside of the other bands so I try not to fiddle with it. But I do love it. Some more pics:

trying it on in the store with my XS trinity

A829342E-38C6-4294-BFAC-41F8EE7D452F.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results