shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was showing my neighbor my new gutter and leader, and I noticed a trinity de Cartier ring on her pinky!!! She's seriously like an understated grand dame. Her hair has that poof and flip a la Valley of the Dolls, she'll interchange Tod's flats with Tom's lolol, she talks of being an assistant to Diane Vreeland, and living for a stint in Paris and writing for Town and Country magazine. She's simply fabulous and has one of the sharpest minds! Men her age (78) and older in our community do not like her because she's smart as a whip and not a doormat. The same men also don't like me, either...

Anyways, her trinity... it's from 1960s, and it looks solid and NEW - not 50 years old for sure! It's not new new like shiny shiny, but it's got a lovely even patina! You know how when we talk about the Cartier RG and YG being close? Hers looks distinct. She got it from a man in Paris who wanted to marry her, but... it didn't work out. They remained friends, drifted,then reconnected years ago. She recently learned that he passed away in 2013.

She pointed out how each ring has a little "hallmark" - in the natural sunlight, it looked like a dimple, and I noticed a "Cartier Paris" on the other side of the ring. I didn't want to keep her too long, and told her I'd be back one day when I got my replacement macro lens (mama left the lens out and kitty played soccer with it and broke it!). It once fit on her ring finger, and now fits loosely on her pinky. I told her it's so dreamy that she got a Cartier trinity in Paris. :love:
Pics: 1 - her holding the ring, 2 - the little hallmark dimple, 3 - on her pinky!

Pinto, you are right. Grandma is pretty freakin' fabulous. Love it!! Cartier goes on the pinky! :dance:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a new yellow gold love bracelet I see???
Looks FABULOUS. Ugh. With everything. Just when I think I may not keep my Love any longer...

Seriously it looks great Phoenix!! What made you go for it? How do you plan on wearing it? It's the old screw system right?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks FABULOUS. Ugh. With everything. Just when I think I may not keep my Love any longer...

Seriously it looks great Phoenix!! What made you go for it? How do you plan on wearing it? It's the old screw system right?

Whaaaattt???Whyyyy??? I LOVE my Love's!

I'd been lusting after YG for a while now...am having a love affair with YG and RG, lol! Both look fab on my tanned skin, hehe. And what's more classic than a classic YG Love bracelet? I love the richness of the YG and how distinctively Cartier it is. I love stacking it the most with my RG Perlee Clover and paired with my YG halo diamond earrings; though this is more of a dressed-up look. I think I'll wear the plain Love with a Hermes bracelet most of the time, or maybe even on its own; it can def be a stand-alone. It's "permanently" screwed onto my left wrist, which doesn't feel as odd as I'd thought it might. I've kind of given up wearing a watch on my left wrist, so left wrist is fine.

It should be the new screw system - I just bought it a few days ago from a Cartier boutique.

Seriously loving it. A pave RG Love is now on my wish-list (as are a few other VCA pieces - sigh...it never ends, lol). I love wearing pieces of art on my person. I am beginning to understand why so many ladies on here spend a lot of time and money designing their settings. Alas, I have 0 creative bones, so I have to rely on the "maisons" to satisfy my thirst for art.

Soooo back to you, why are you not loving your designer pieces? I adore them!!!<3

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I am glad you are loving your pieces, and that you are wearing them. That is what they are there for. That makes a piece worth it for me. A rose gold pave would just be perfectly fabulous. If I don't wear it, then it pains me.

I hate scratching it, and I'm on the computer most of the day so I keep banging it against the table. Even though that does not hurt it, I don't want wear something that I worry about.

So would anyone be interested in a Cartier rose gold cuff, size 16?

Or should I just wear it a lot and scratch the heck out of it so I don't worry about it? It is really just a beautiful piece... :love:

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs mom, I can't stand the idea of scratching up fine jewelry as I am sure you know by now! I'd probably wear that cuff out to dinner and that kind of thing to enjoy it but keep it from getting damaged through daily wear. That's what I do with my VCA Alhambra bracelet.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, I am glad you are loving your pieces, and that you are wearing them. That is what they are there for. That makes a piece worth it for me. A rose gold pave would just be perfectly fabulous. If I don't wear it, then it pains me.

I hate scratching it, and I'm on the computer most of the day so I keep banging it against the table. Even though that does not hurt it, I don't want wear something that I worry about.

So would anyone be interested in a Cartier rose gold cuff, size 16?

Or should I just wear it a lot and scratch the heck out of it so I don't worry about it? It is really just a beautiful piece... :love:

That's really a shame....just like my Sweet Alhambra bracelet...not being worn often enough to justify the expense.

Just a suggestion: how about pulling the cuff further up your wrist and/ or a wear a thick hair-tie on the bracelet to cushion it against banging? I'm on the computer several hours a day too, and I wear my bracelets all the time. I find pushing them further up my wrists helps. I wear 2 hair-bands around the Love when I go to the gym to protect it.

If it was a RG Love bracelet instead of a cuff, I'd ask if we could swap...but alas the cuff is not for me (the fit). I hope you do wear it and love it.

Last edited:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just purchased a Love bracelet and it will be here by the end of the week!

To all the women that wear their Love on their left wrist, does your right hand/wrist ever feel bare since the Love is with your engagement ring all on one side?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's really a shame....just like my Sweet Alhambra bracelet...not being worn often enough to justify the expense.

Just a suggestion: how about pulling the cuff further up your wrist and/ or a wear a thick hair-tie on the bracelet to cushion it against banging? I'm on the computer several hours a day too, and I wear my bracelets all the time. I find pushing them further up my wrists helps. I wear 2 hair-bands around the Love when I go to the gym to protect it.

If it was a RG Love bracelet instead of a cuff, I'd ask if we could swap...but alas the cuff is not for me (the fit). I hope you do wear it and love it.
I know. Sad. I will pull it out and see if I can stand risking a scratch. I'm wearing my Cartier rose gold ring now and I hate scratching it. But I am going to force myself to live with it. The ring is very pretty. I'm not going to let it sit in my drawers.

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
The bracelet isn't mine, unfortunately, but I certainly enjoyed trying it on. I did get the Trinity cord bracelet, though. I asked for the red cord and the SA gave me the black one too, though I have no idea how to tie it.

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a few small Cartier pieces in my collection that I adore. Don't think I have shared any of them so sharing my latest-the new thin love. I love it and already want another to stack. I know people have had mixed feelings on this one. As soon as I tried it on I knew it was coming home with me!

IMG_8049.JPG

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a few small Cartier pieces in my collection that I adore. Don't think I have shared any of them so sharing my latest-the new thin love. I love it and already want another to stack. I know people have had mixed feelings on this one. As soon as I tried it on I knew it was coming home with me!

IMG_8049.JPG
I think the thinner love is very elegant on your dainty wrist. It's proportionate to how the thicker love is on my ham hock wrist lololol! We are all built differently so having the options between thicker and thinner love bangles definitely is great!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

IMG_8049.JPG
I love your thin Love bracelet! I was not aware that it has mixed reviews, are you happy with yours? I would love to get another to stack in a different metal (rose gold preferably :love:)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_8049.JPG
I love the thin Love on you!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the thinner love is very elegant on your dainty wrist. It's proportionate to how the thicker love is on my ham hock wrist lololol! We are all built differently so having the options between thicker and thinner love bangles definitely is great!

Thank you PintoBean! Plus you just made my day calling my wrist dainty. I am 6 months pregnant and everything has grown so large and in charge nothing small about it. Yes we are all built differently so options are great. I really tried to like the original size. I've tried it on several times in the past and something was always off. My SA told me a couple years ago they were making this thinner version so glad I waited!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love your thin Love bracelet! I was not aware that it has mixed reviews, are you happy with yours? I would love to get another to stack in a different metal (rose gold preferably :love:)

Thank you! The mixed reviews are mostly uppity opinions I think. I saw them on another popular board. Online comments like "it looks cheap" "it's flimsy" "they cheapened an original design they shouldn't have done that" etc...

I am very happy with mine. I've honestly only had it a few days. It's my Mothers Day gift. Of course it doesn't weigh the same as the original love since it is half the size but it isn't flimsy at all. It might even be the same thickness of the original. Feels sturdy. I have been wearing it 24/7 and prefer the locking mechanism much more as I can take off and put on the bracelet myself if I need too. I love it. I know I will want a second one. Either yellow or rose to add to this!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new thin LOVE. I have a regular one in white gold and was thinking about getting a thin yellow one to stack it with. It looks FANTASTIC on you.
Very tempting.. very tempting..

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet isn't mine, unfortunately, but I certainly enjoyed trying it on. I did get the Trinity cord bracelet, though. I asked for the red cord and the SA gave me the black one too, though I have no idea how to tie it.

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1698.JPG

IMG_1700.JPG

Love that YG Love bracelet, hehe (I'm not impartial;))! Love the red cord bracelet too; I tried one on a while ago and thought it was very cute...might go and get one now that I've seen a "perspective" shot of it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_8049.JPG

Who CARES what anyone else thinks?! :lol-2:

As long as YOU love it, that's all that matters:clap:. I love how you stack it with the other bracelet (is it a VCA Perles d'Or in YG? It looks delicious. I didn't like the WG Perles d'Or, perhaps bc the WG is brushed/ matte, but the YG is so rich and yummy!:love:). Ya'know, I've done a 180 deg turn on the plain Love bangle, thought I couldn't wear it 24/7, thought it was too plain. Naaahhh!! Absolutely loving mine now! The thin Love looks FABULOUS stacked...look forward to seeing the new one / the stack when you get it...are you leaning towards RG or YG?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0956.JPG

My white gold Love bracelet.

Wowza! Love your all-diamond Love. I'm having a love affair with the Loves! Thank you for posting a pic of yours.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you was the yellow gold Love and the pave Love on separate wrists at the same time?

I've worn the plain Love on its own always on my left wrist, stacked with the VCA Perlee Clover (but with an Hermes bracelet in between to minimise sratches) and / or with the pave Love on the right wrist. When I do wear both Loves, albeit on separate wrists, one might say it's not a cohesive look, but I LOVE it, hehe!:D

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've worn the plain Love on its own always on my left wrist, stacked with the VCA Perlee Clover (but with an Hermes bracelet in between to minimise sratches) and / or with the pave Love on the right wrist. When I do wear both Loves, albeit on separate wrists, one might say it's not a cohesive look, but I LOVE it, hehe!:D
Um, I kind of "love" the look you have going:love::love::love:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wowza! Love your all-diamond Love. I'm having a love affair with the Loves! Thank you for posting a pic of yours.
Why thank you Phoenix! I love it also, sadly I do not wear it often because I am afraid of scratches, and while I love the all diamond look, I have found it to be impractical for my everyday wear. I was thinking about getting a Kelly double to stack with and give some protection for the days that I get to dress up a bit.

You have an amazing collection! Thank you for sharing your photos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results