shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve only vomited four times in my life. Once as a child, after I got carsick and ate pecan pie. Once when I was pregnant. I think one other time in past 23 years since my pregnancy—tho I don’t recall. Today was the fourth. Omg. I died.

I hope you feel much better today. Do you have the flu? My son and family just had it run through all of them. My son had it pretty bad. He said he vomited for a day and a half. He had the flu shot too. It must have been a different strain…
I would rather have pain than vomit…The last time I did was with the flu twenty-eight years ago!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lucida818 we flew here from the U.K. and it was fine. The cabin crew were very conscientious about reminding people to wear their masks correctly.

DH transferred a very large sum of money and the receiving bank are saying they don’t have it, whilst the sending bank are saying they’ve sent it.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you feel much better today. Do you have the flu? My son and family just had it run through all of them. My son had it pretty bad. He said he vomited for a day and a half. He had the flu shot too. It must have been a different strain…
I would rather have pain than vomit…The last time I did was with the flu twenty-eight years ago!

Hi! Ty!! I don’t think so! I suspect it was food poisoning bc it kicked in within hours after dinner. Waking up this morning and I feel well.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
This afternoon I visited a new (to us) Asian market with my daughter, and she pointed out Durian wafer cookies. We've always been curious about Durian so we bought them.
They weren't terrible but they also weren't particularly good, so I broke them in pieces and tossed them out to the squirrels, who seem to be enjoying them.
My first world problem: Now I'm burping durian.
With each burp I like it less and less. :tongue:

I thought Durian was a fruit with a strange possibly public restroom odor. Are you experiencing this?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi! Ty!! I don’t think so! I suspect it was food poisoning bc it kicked in within hours after dinner. Waking up this morning and I feel well.

That’s great news @nala!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son didn't get into his first choice for college. I am absolutely heartbroken for him. It's human nature to hurt when your child is hurt/disappointed but damn, I have a lump in my throat that won't quit. :cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My son didn't get into his first choice for college. I am absolutely heartbroken for him. It's human nature to hurt when your child is hurt/disappointed but damn, I have a lump in my throat that won't quit. :cry2:

I'm so sorry @Gussie.:((
Is there a possibility of wait listing him?

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was going to eat a salad with goat cheese, pecans and strawberries for lunch.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @Gussie.:((
Is there a possibility of wait listing him?

Thanks @missy. Unfortunately the university had a record number if applications this year. Had it been last year he would have been admitted. He was accepted to the alternate admission program though. He would attend a satellite campus and is guaranteed admission after one year with a 3.0. He is quite prideful (maybe to a fault) so we will see if he goes that route. He has been accepted into all 3 of his lower choice schools.

Very 1st world problem.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

I'm so sorry Gussie, I think he should definitely do the satellite campus route if he is set on that choice. We are facing similar situation with my younger kiddo, and encouraging them to go that route.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry Gussie, I think he should definitely do the satellite campus route if he is set on that choice. We are facing similar situation with my younger kiddo, and encouraging them to go that route.

I think we should meet @jaysonsmom! Seems like we and our kids have quite a bit in common, the good, bad, and ugly lol. I hope all your kiddos and you are doing well.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a massive migraine from snow overnight but at least bombs are not falling on me.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
My dog won't leave me alone while I'm working (still from home). Constantly bringing all his toys and laying them at my feet or in my lap! Having a hard time looking and sounding professional on screen while throwing dog toys around my office to keep my dog occupied....

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We found out last week that the strange sound coming from the wall was a leak! My husband thought he was cleaning up after a dog, but he'd wipe and water kept creeping up through the floor. The walls and floors on one entire side of the house are wet, spreading about 8' across. There are fans and water sucker-uppers all over the place, and the house is hot and humid, but we aren't supposed to open the windows. :x2 Tomorrow they're coming to tell us what they need to rip out (kitchen cabinets, floors...) to make sure the walls and floors are dry. Ugh.

We''re getting the entire house re-piped. This is our 4th and worst leak. I just found out there have been several lawsuits against the water company for an additive that causes copper pipes to leak. Unfortunately, this means I have to clean out the bathroom cabinets :(2 and laundry room.

At least we're safe and healthy.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I dont know if this is first world or 3rd but cvs closed the pharmacy close to me and moved everyone to one that is further than 2 others and hard to get in and out of in traffic. They did not give anyone another option.
So I tried moving my prescriptions to one of the closer ones online. Nope can not do that on the website despite it being a clear option to refill at any cvs when you order refills. Did not feel like dealing with them on the phone today without swearing so have to do it tomorrow.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I dpnt know how these things work
but night he be able to go somewhere elce this year and apply to transfer to his first choice next year ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @missy. Unfortunately the university had a record number if applications this year. Had it been last year he would have been admitted. He was accepted to the alternate admission program though. He would attend a satellite campus and is guaranteed admission after one year with a 3.0. He is quite prideful (maybe to a fault) so we will see if he goes that route. He has been accepted into all 3 of his lower choice schools.

Very 1st world problem.

I think this answered my questions =)2

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I hate, loathe, and despise sunscreen. It's sticky, smells bad, and attracts cat hair like a magnet.
Coola matte. Will change your life. Not sticky, smooth like silk, smells nice.

I was having a temper tantrum over my now-4-month kitchen flooding. We still have no walls and I still smell mildew. But then a friend relayed that her husband had been swindled by some white collar fraudster, has endless appointments with the FBI, and had security guards living with them because the swindler makes threats. Meanwhile, she is pregnant got news of some irregularity but no one can say what til she delivers. Poor thing is a dentist so working all the time and doesn't need added stress, last maternity she took 4 days off because she couldn't afford to close her practice longer. To top it off her 3 year old ate an edible (someone had dropped it in Halloween candy) and ended up in the ER. So we all had a laugh (she is totally taking things in stride whereas I'd be a wreck) and I'll save my kitchen fiasco for another day.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very 1st world problem.

Even though it is a first world problem I get the seriousness of it and understand the disappointment.

Feel free to ignore what I am about to share but I would like to add I believe in fate (at times) and this might be one of those times. I wouldn't have met Greg if 1. I didn't go into my profession and 2. didn't take a job I didn't want to take. Long story but the short of it is it was meant to be that I took a job I was very reluctant to take.

Sometimes the universe has something in store for us that we just cannot imagine. And I think this could be one of those times. I am generally not an "out there" thinker but I do believe fate steps in and plays a role occasionally and at major times in our lives. I know wherever your son ends up going he will thrive. And when you look back on this time I bet you will be happy it worked out this way.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even though it is a first world problem I get the seriousness of it and understand the disappointment.

Feel free to ignore what I am about to share but I would like to add I believe in fate (at times) and this might be one of those times. I wouldn't have met Greg if 1. I didn't go into my profession and 2. didn't take a job I didn't want to take. Long story but the short of it is it was meant to be that I took a job I was very reluctant to take.

Sometimes the universe has something in store for us that we just cannot imagine. And I think this could be one of those times. I am generally not an "out there" thinker but I do believe fate steps in and plays a role occasionally and at major times in our lives. I know wherever your son ends up going he will thrive. And when you look back on this time I bet you will be happy it worked out this way.

Completely agree! Everything in the world is exactly how it is supposed to be, whether I like it or not.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is Borris' first world problem
We are kind of lucky because as all our cats have been strays at some point they arnt overly fussy and ive always feed them a variety of different cat foods but there is always one type some one doesn't like or they change the recepie

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So
Im nervously waiting all day for the new butcher's meat to arrive
They just phoned to say the steak is out of stock and will i take rump

at least its on its way and its freshly packed and been inside a cold enviroment all day

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been furiously tracking a pair of ruby and diamond earrings that DanielM made for me 9 (yes 9!) months ago, that were shipped to me back in January. Also, my diamond and sapphire ring that DH is gifting me for my 40th birthday in a few weeks, was shipped by David Klass last week. They BOTH arrived today, at my parents' house. I, however, am at work, so won't see either of them until tomorrow. I know they're there but I can't get 'em! They're calling to their mama!

Wah, wah, wah.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been furiously tracking a pair of ruby and diamond earrings that DanielM made for me 9 (yes 9!) months ago, that were shipped to me back in January. Also, my diamond and sapphire ring that DH is gifting me for my 40th birthday in a few weeks, was shipped by David Klass last week. They BOTH arrived today, at my parents' house. I, however, am at work, so won't see either of them until tomorrow. I know they're there but I can't get 'em! They're calling to their mama!

Wah, wah, wah.

Agggggg
The waiting :wall:

Looking forward to your post once you have them

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results