shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your 1st world problem today

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Squier PBass I bought has a gound issue- so it hums. Guitar center can’t seem to fix it so they suggested I take one of the other Squiers they have in stock. But none feels as nice as the one I picked initially

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
first world problem, I am annoyed because I got a screw in my brand new pirelli's for my Lexus...I hate to spend more money after spending a bunch on the to begin with

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The Squier PBass I bought has a gound issue- so it hums. Guitar center can’t seem to fix it so they suggested I take one of the other Squiers they have in stock. But none feels as nice as the one I picked initially

That's nothing unusual, their strats need a noise gate usually. Put some Seymour duncan quarter pounders or EMGs in that bad boy 8-)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So we get our supermarket order delivered and while it's a very good service the meat (beef) offering is a bit wanting and or expensive
Gary is sick of chicken so i brought a meat box from down kapati way (2 1/2 hours away)- only $10 delivery- the same as the supermarket
Anyway it comes all packed it cold frozen gel thingies and i just bung everything straight in the freezer
but its now 6.32 pm
My door step is empty

last time we got one it was here at 11am

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paid S$84 (USD60 approx) for some very very sub-par takeout tacos!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found out salmon and other fish can have worms or parasites and I can’t unknow this so I’m gonna give up fish!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since i started taking Nolvadex medication for my breast cancer, my fingers swell and unswell significantly all the time. Consequently, most of the days i can't wear my diamond rings, because i either can't put them on or i'm able to put them on but after some hours my fingers swell and i can't remove them, which causes me great anxiety.
I thought of having them resized but my jeweler says that if we do that, then they will be spinning and driving me crazy at least half of the time, so it's not worth it to go through the trouble and expense and still have problems.
The only ring that i can wear and enjoy right now is the full eternity diamond band that DH got for me on New Year's. The ring was big for my finger and initially i was bummed but then my jeweler installed three white gold sizing bars on the inside of the ring, which are amazing because they adapt to the exact size of my finger every time i wear it.
At this point, i'm seriously considering having my solitaire ER reset into a pendant, so that i can wear it around my neck and enjoy it instead of keeping it in its box and size up my three stone ER and use a size adjusting ring guard whenever i wear it.
Frustration....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since i started taking Nolvadex medication for my breast cancer, my fingers swell and unswell significantly all the time. Consequently, most of the days i can't wear my diamond rings, because i either can't put them on or i'm able to put them on but after some hours my fingers swell and i can't remove them, which causes me great anxiety.
I thought of having them resized but my jeweler says that if we do that, then they will be spinning and driving me crazy at least half of the time, so it's not worth it to go through the trouble and expense and still have problems.
The only ring that i can wear and enjoy right now is the full eternity diamond band that DH got for me on New Year's. The ring was big for my finger and initially i was bummed but then my jeweler installed three white gold sizing bars on the inside of the ring, which are amazing because they adapt to the exact size of my finger every time i wear it.
At this point, i'm seriously considering having my solitaire ER reset into a pendant, so that i can wear it around my neck and enjoy it instead of keeping it in its box and size up my three stone ER and use a size adjusting ring guard whenever i wear it.
Frustration....

@Natylad I feel your pain and I am sorry.

I also have a similar first world problem. I have Dupuytren's and eventually might not be able to wear any of my rings. It has been already suggested to me to take my ER and wear it around my neck. Because wearing rings can exacerbate Dupuytren's. I am not there yet. Plus I generally wear my ring infrequently anyway which has nothing to do with my DD. So perhaps my issue isn't as great as yours since you wear your ring most of the time. But yes I get it and my constant finger swelling/shrinking (again not to do with DD but perhaps Raynauds) is frustrating. Sometimes I put my ring on and by the time we get back home my fingers are swollen to the point I have trouble getting the ring off my finger. I have taken to just wearing my ER with no band. I feel engaged all over again lol. It's not a bad feeling at all. :kiss2:

I am sending you well wishes and gentle hugs. Wishing you good health. And blingy joy. May you be able to enjoy and wear your rings. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found out salmon and other fish can have worms or parasites and I can’t unknow this so I’m gonna give up fish!

LOL I remember when I found that out. I stopped eating scallops for a long while. I don't eat escargot anymore. But then I went back to eating scallops. Because I am limited in what I can eat so cannot further limit myself. But yeah I hear you. And YUCK.

All living organisms can have parasites.

"

All living organisms, including fish, can have parasites.

"
Parasites are a natural occurrence, not contamination. They are as common in fish as insects are in fruits and vegetables. Parasites do not present a health concern in thoroughly cooked fish.
Parasites become a concern when consumers eat raw or lightly preserved fish such as sashimi, sushi, ceviche, and gravlax. When preparing these products, use commercially frozen fish. Alternatively, freeze the fish to an internal temperature of -4°F for at least 7 days to kill any parasites that may be present. Home freezers may not be cold enough to kill the parasites.
The health risk from parasites is far less than the risk from "unseen" illness causing bacteria which are
present on almost all foods."

They pose no health risk. But I get the YUCK factor.:knockout:

I never eat raw fish. That is key. IMO.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How come my husband's car that only he drives has the settings for multiple drivers for seat/steering wheel/mirrors (saves the
settings so you only have to push one button)?

Meanwhile, my car that has 3 different drivers of various heights (5'2, 5'7, and 5'11) has no such setting. You have to reset everything
by hand every time.:(sad

It's not fair!:nono:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
An ACA that I’ve been eyeing, sold…. Boo! Nothing has been posted on it, so I can’t even be happy for the person who bought it! Im just left wondering about it

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
My jewellers and friends has been embroiled in a very concerning mess with allegations of fraud (in regards to the jewellery they sold) and since I am very active on their Instagram pages, people have been messaging me and accusing me of being in kahoots with them. That's annoying enough itself, but then my family (when they found out from someone else) demanded that I ask for my downpayment refunded and my stones returned as I still had a pending project with them. Thankfully they did not give me any trouble with the refund and I expect to receive the stones next week once they have arrived from their smiths. However I'm hearing very unsettling stories (re: refunds) from other people who have bought from them. While I feel really sorry for them—as one of them is very ill—I'm also extremely disappointed as I believed and supported them from the start. Now I worry I'm going to be negatively tagged or even blacklisted in the local jewellery community because of my close association with them and how staunchly I defended them when the thing first unfolded.

I just wanted, want, pretty things. I didn't sign up to be part of any litigation drama. :wall:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t bear to check-in my brand new Rimowa suitcase my son gifted me!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Are we allowed to reply? ::)
The JUC. Because if what you really want is the regular clover bracelet, then you’ll always feel that pang when you look at the sweet!

You were absolutely right @yssie ;)2
Likely to get a JUC in rose gold.
Now - plain or diamond? The price difference is o_O
My DH can’t comprehend why do I have to think so hard before making a purchase! :confused:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@nala Good thing I don’t like fish. Look up worms in fresh strawberries. I haven’t had one strawberry since I researched it. It’s true!!! There’s even a video showing them crawling out of the holes!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala Good thing I don’t like fish. Look up worms in fresh strawberries. I haven’t had one strawberry since I researched it. It’s true!!! There’s even a video showing them crawling out of the holes!

Joanne I don’t enjoy telling you this but all fruit and veggies have things too. Insects for one. Everything has something (gross). Did you read my link above?

Here’s another.

:/

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joanne I don’t enjoy telling you this but all fruit and veggies have things too. Insects for one. Everything has something (gross). Did you read my link above?

:/

No..I didn’t read it..oh oh..I’ll go read it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No..I didn’t read it..oh oh..I’ll go read it.

I added a different link to my post above. But don’t feel obligated to read it. Sometimes not knowing is better. Lol

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results