shape
carat
color
clarity

Positive thoughts for my Dad, please?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi. I just went through an emergency situation with my dad. Two months ago I got a call from my sister that my dad had a heart attack and needed open heart surgery. I flew out that evening and the next day he had a five artery bypass. He is 85, and it was very tense.
I am praying for both of your parents because they both need strength , especially your mom because she is the care giver. Stay strong and keep the faith.
Babs

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, praying/sending healing vibes to your dad and hugs to you.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Monarch,

I haven't been here in a while, but I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. Keep us updated. Hugs!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've got it, Monarch!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lots of positive thoughts and good vibes to your dad.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of healing dust for your dad!... :appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, PS friends. I talked to my mom at about 10:00 last night, and she said, "he's very sick." But he's not in ICU, and he's getting up and moving around/taking walks, so that's good. We'll find out today whether it was a virus or bacteria that led to the pneumonia. His right lung is full of fluid and they found a mass (no details yet) on his left lung, but my mom thinks that might be the vena cava (?) filter showing up.

He told my mom he doesn't want company. He probably just wants some rest--I don't blame him, I know when I've been in the hospital all I wanted to do was sleep and they barely let you do that.

Thanks again, everyone, it means a lot to me. I'll hopefully have another update in a few hours.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sending healing vibes that he recovers quickly!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
wishing your father a very speedy recovery, monarch!

*DUST*

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
Hope your Dad is feeling better soon. Pneumonia is very exhausting, it's good he's getting some rest.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending positive thoughts to your Dad for strength, healing and recovery.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sending good thoughts to your dad. Hope he feel better soon.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the update Monnie. Sending more positive thoughts his way and hoping he can get some healing rest. Hugs to you!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again, everyone.

He's still in the hospital, refused an MRI after he had a CT scan earlier. His doctors are going to compare the CT scan from today from his last one that was done in 2010 to see if the mass in the left lung actually looks like it could be cancer (there was a really small mass there back then.) So, while he's getting over the pneumonia (fingers crossed) the approach will be to address the mass after the current issue is dealt with.

I'm going to go see him tomorrow. They still don't know whether the pneumonia is viral or bacterial. I've made arrangements for a babysitter, and will scrub as soon as I get home.

I told my mom and my husband last night and again today that I've never been this worried about him. I hope I'm worrying over nothing.

Thank you for your continued thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie - I hope the pneumonia clears up quickly and the mass turns out to be nothing. Have a good visit with him tomorrow!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Lots of positive thoughts coming your Dad's way!!! I hope he is feeling better very soon.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Mon, sending the most fervent healing thoughts to your dad and comfort to all of you in his family.

Please let us know how he's doing; you'll all be in my thoughts.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1373408845|3479916 said:
Thanks again, everyone.

He's still in the hospital, refused an MRI after he had a CT scan earlier. His doctors are going to compare the CT scan from today from his last one that was done in 2010 to see if the mass in the left lung actually looks like it could be cancer (there was a really small mass there back then.) So, while he's getting over the pneumonia (fingers crossed) the approach will be to address the mass after the current issue is dealt with.

I'm going to go see him tomorrow. They still don't know whether the pneumonia is viral or bacterial. I've made arrangements for a babysitter, and will scrub as soon as I get home.

I told my mom and my husband last night and again today that I've never been this worried about him. I hope I'm worrying over nothing.

Thank you for your continued thoughts, well wishes, and prayers.

I just found this thread, Monnie. It seems that they have found the underlying cause of the pneumonia (the mass in the lungs), and with luck your father's health will improve enough so that the mass can be addressed. My best friend's mother, who is 97, just underwent radiation (a series of only 4 or 5 treatments) for lung cancer. It developed perhaps 20 years after she was cured of uterine cancer. She is, thank heavens, doing well. She is very alert and bright!

My first reaction to the news was to pray (prayers outgoing!). But I am also sending positive thoughts and dust your way. I am very sorry, Monnie. My heart is with you.

Love,
Deb

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes! Sorry to read this. Thoughts for sure!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The mass is malignant, but hasn't spread. Pneumonia is bacterial. After it's cleared up he'll start chemo again.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1373481071|3480372 said:
The mass is malignant, but hasn't spread. Pneumonia is bacterial. After it's cleared up he'll start chemo again.
Sending good thoughts that your dad will weather this challenge and come through it in good health. Hugs to you and yours.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Goodness. That's a lot to deal with. I will continue to keep he and you in my thoughts and prayers!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

At least he got sick so the doctors were looking at his lungs! Glad to hear it hasn't spread. I hope he recovers quickly so that he can get rid of the cancer soon.

Sending you and your parents lots of positive thoughts!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear of this, Monnie. My thoughts continue to be with your dad and your family.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with you. This is so stressful for you. xxxxxx

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Ah I'm very sorry to hear this. Hope the chemo goes as smoothly as possible.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear this, Monnie.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear that the mass is malignant, but hasn't spread and that is very good news. Saying prayers for you and your family. Stay strong. I know it's not an easy road that you are on right now, but keep praying and stay positive. Remember, with the chemo, he is going to be sicker before he gets better. Keep your eye on the light at the end of the tunnel.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please keep us updated, Monnie. I hope the treatment for your father's pneumonia is progressing and that a treatment plan for the cancer is being developed.

Hugs and prayers,
Deb

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again for all the support. The pneumonia is clearing. He had the needle biopsy yesterday and his lung collapsed, but it was re-inflated. Painful stuff. I know his oncologist has been in to speak with my parents but I do not yet know the exact prognosis nor proposed course of treatment at this point. He has always had a really good team, and I'm sure this time won't be any different. Trying to stay positive. My next door neighbor is a nurse on the oncology floor now (she wasn't there several years ago when he was being treated there/here) and she and I had a wonderful talk two nights ago. Most of his treatments took place at Mayo in MN but I'm not sure he will want to or be able to travel that far this time. Of course I will update this thread as I learn things.

I have read each and every post, and really appreciate all of your words. I also appreciate hearing related stories from those who have been down the cancer road, either themselves or with loved ones. Thank you all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results