shape
carat
color
clarity

Positive thoughts for my Dad, please?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, I usually don't post threads like this, but I've just had a call from my mother who's told me that my Dad collapsed at Starbucks this morning and is now in the hospital with pneumonia in one lung. He's responding well to antibiotics and is doing ok, but I'm worried. He will be 73 in a few months but was diagnosed with colon cancer at age 64 and has been through an insane amount of treatment and surgeries. He's been in remission for several years, and has remained very active (still goes to work every day at one of his businesses, mows the lawn, is an avid gardener), but I know that pneumonia can be very dangerous to someone with compromised health and who is getting on in years.

I'm not religious and don't pray, but very much respect others' faiths and customs, so by all means, if you think it's helpful and supportive, please do pray for him. Positive thoughts and PS dust would also be very appreciated.

My mom is home now getting some rest (apparently they've had some sleepless nights), and we can't visit him because the underlying cause (bacterial or viral) is unknown and we have a 13.5 month old baby.

When I first joined PS, my dad had been diagnosed with cancer at 64, and one of his fascinations in life is the Monarch butterfly, hence my screen name. He hasn't always been the best father, but he's a good person whose shown me a lot of generosity and taught me a lot whether it was life skills or just tough love. We don't always see eye to eye, but I have a lot of respect and love for him and I really hope that he recovers quickly and gets back to enjoying life and his two young granddaughters (his pride and joy) again.

Thank you.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, big hugs outoging to you and your family.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending prayers for your dad... I hope he's better soon!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Dee*Jay and MayK. I've put the baby down for a nap and am going to go add a little more paint to a canvas I have in the works so I don't sit here on PS and cry. I'll check back soon, and update this thread as I learn more about his condition.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Aw, praying for you and your family Monarch! Will be checking back for your updates.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of good thoughts and dust to your dad, Monnie!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will pray for his full recovery, Monarch!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I am so very,very sorry to hear about your dad's illness. It is terrible to watch a loved one suffer, isn't it. I am thinking of you a lot. Sending you positive vibes :)

Here's a cyberhug. (((((Monarch)))))

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking positive healing thoughts for you're dad, monarch. Dust dust dust that he has a speedy recovery

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
Dust and prayers for your dad. How frightening that he collapsed. It sounds like good news that he is responding well to the antibiotics. Hope you get to see him soon.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Healing vibes across the miles......

kind regards--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you bucketloads of PS****DUST**** for your dad and big hugs to you Monnie. I will keep you and your dad and your whole family in my thoughts and prayers.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, I am so sorry your father has been through so much. I'm keeping all of you in my thoughts.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lots of positive healing vibes...he must be a very strong person to deal with cancer but still work, mow and garden. Hopefully it
will turn around soon.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prays for a speedy recovery for your dad!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, my most positive healing thoughts are going out to your father! I hope he has a safe and quick recovery.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Thoughts and prayers for your dad's health and strength for you during this stressful time. Big hugs!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Hi monarch,

I'm sending positive thoughts your way. I can relate to what you're going through. My dad (70 yo) just got over pneumonia a few weeks ago and he's been in remission from colon cancer for 4 years too. It took some time for the meds to really kick it but the pneumonia did go away. The fact that he's active will go a long way to helping him get over the pneumonia -- he sounds like the type of person who has a positive and strong mindset. Keep us updated.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Thoughts and prayers to your dad and your family, Monnie.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you and your family, Monnie. I hope your dad feels much better soon.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
All sorts of good & healing thoughts coming your dad's way from here, Monnie. Tough time for all of you -- so sending some Good Dust to your family too. And big hugs! Keep us informed, we care.

--- Laurie

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Lots of thoughts for your dad.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Prayers, positive thoughts and dust to you and your family.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots ot prayers, vibes and positive thoughts his way...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnie, my thoughts are with you and your family. I hope he is feeling better soon.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Praying that your dad is well and home soon!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Hugs and prayers for your dear dad, Monnie. :))

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping for a quick recovery for your dad, Monarch. Take care.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many prayers for your Dad, Monarch. Also for your mom who will be taking care of him when he gets home!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Prayers for healing going out to your dad! My dad is the same age as yours, and I'm always worried about every little health complaint of his, even a little toothache, so I know how you feel. Stay strong, Monarch

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results