shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your "M" Colour Stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:55:22 PM
Author: musey
What a GORGEOUS stone! I''d love a very warm (L-N) OEC or chunky cushion someday.
Thanks Musey - I''m not even sure what CUT it is (the pavilion I mean. Brilliant? Modified brilliant?). He had pulled 3 or 4 stones per my request and said "do you like the crushed ice look?" I was like "Oh, no, no, no - no crushed ice please. I was just looking at old MINE cuts so that should give you an idea of what I''m after" so he immediately said that meant one of the stones was out of the running. These were the 2 he recommended and the one on the right is the most square so I chose it. I think it looks like it might have the chunkier facets - I hope so! LOVE the big ol'' chunky monkeys! They seem to be quite popular on here lately, wonder where all the interest has come from?

- Jodie -

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
LOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!! It''s really beautiful. I love the proportions and the color looks deeelicious!
30.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Lovely stone, can't wait to see it set-the RG should bring out the warmth nicely! I too love the big chunky facets more than the crushed ice look.

I have a pair of M colored chunky faceted cushions and an N colored Chunky faceted cushion.

The M colored pair are being set with a pink sapphire cushion(possibly with Tsav melee in the halo).

The N colored cushion is being set in Rose Gold double claw prongs with my stepcut pears set in Plat and Plat shank---I received an email saying it is going to be done today---YAY, I can hardly wait!!!

And I will kindly pass on mine being called Obama stones :)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 8:58:47 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Lovely stone, can''t wait to see it set-the RG should bring out the warmth nicely! I too love the big chunky facets more than the crushed ice look.

I have a pair of M colored chunky faceted cushions and an N colored Chunky faceted cushion.

The M colored pair are being set with a pink sapphire cushion(possibly with Tsav melee in the halo).

The N colored cushion is being set in Rose Gold double claw prongs with my stepcut pears set in Plat and Plat shank---I received an email saying it is going to be done today---YAY, I can hardly wait!!!

And I will kindly pass on mine being called Obama stones :)
LOL - I wondered when someone was going to comment on that remark!

The M''s with the pink sapphires sound great - can''t wait to see the finished result! And of course am DYING to see the N cushion too!

Thanks Halo! It''s being checked out by an appraiser tomorrow before the final go-ahead (as I keep saying, I''m just worried it might be too dark due to the depth of the cut. If he gives a thumbs up, the deal is done) Might be a few weeks before I get the finished product though....

- Jodie -

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:12:05 PM
Author: mausketeer
This is for PlatinumRock as per her request...... ''my'' stone is the one on the right (1.01 L/W ratio - was SO hard to find!)

- Jodie -

Very cool stone!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 1:47:56 PM
Author: coatimundi

Date: 1/26/2009 6:12:05 PM
This is for PlatinumRock as per her request...... 'my' stone is the one on the right (1.01 L/W ratio - was SO hard to find!)

- Jodie -

Very cool stone!
Phew - the more people chime in saying it looks okay, the better I feel. I've been a bit worried about it. Yekutiel (I'm going through I.D. Jewelry in New York, someone asked earlier and I never answered about who the vendor was - he's been awesome I must say) took the photos as I was on the phone with him and they're all I have of it. It's so hard to tell what it really looks like from snapshots of course. There are a couple of darker areas that I wasn't sure were poor light return, just the darkness of the photo, the angle it was at etc. Will know more tomorrow!

I am SO in love with Chrono's cushion - if it looks anything like that I will be ecstatic (although her's has that nice little table and mine is a lot bigger - it figures - I have a big butt too! LOL)

- Jodie -

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2009 6:13:52 PM
One more....... not the best lighting.... no IDEA of what it really looks like......

BE STILL MY HEART......
emlove.gif

Jodie, your M is GORGEOUS!!! I looked at the photo before I read your caption, and I was really hoping your M would be the one on the right. I love how chunky it is! The color is simply liquid mesmerizing! I was never into cushions (they tend to face up smaller and I''m not into squarish shapes), but yours just made my heart stop. I just LOVE the color.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If I was ever to get a cushion, it would be a chunky M just like yours. Your stone has that warm candle-lit glow that just draws me in. And I get lost.
I can''t wait to see this stone in rose gold prongs! You''d have to be crazy not to love it. This stone has waaaay more sex appeal (if that''s even a term for diamonds) than the whitest D.

Thanks for posting the pics! Would it be too much to ask if you can take more pics of M?
31.gif

PS: I can''t believe you have Lopsie Fugs as your wallpaper.
9.gif
Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 9:16:20 PM
Author: platinumrock

One more....... not the best lighting.... no IDEA of what it really looks like......

BE STILL MY HEART......
emlove.gif

Jodie, your M is GORGEOUS!!! I looked at the photo before I read your caption, and I was really hoping your M would be the one on the right. I love how chunky it is! The color is simply liquid mesmerizing! I was never into cushions (they tend to face up smaller and I''m not into squarish shapes), but yours just made my heart stop. I just LOVE the color.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If I was ever to get a cushion, it would be a chunky M just like yours. Your stone has that warm candle-lit glow that just draws me in. And I get lost.

I can''t wait to see this stone in rose gold prongs! You''d have to be crazy not to love it. This stone has waaaay more sex appeal (if that''s even a term for diamonds) than the whitest D.

Thanks for posting the pics! Would it be too much to ask if you can take more pics of M?
31.gif

9.gif

Oh Platinum - thank you SO much! You don''t know what that means to me. You know, ALL of my first hand diamond "education" has been with my lovely little vintage shooting star promise ring (now on my RIGHT hand - I DO love it so. I still look at it all the time), begging my girlfriends to let me examine their rings with my loupe, and what I''ve seen at local stores. That''s it. Probably 10 or 12 stones max. Other than that it''s ALL been stones I''ve seen on-line. The fact that YOU ladies can look at those two pictures and tell me you think it looks great means a lot.

Sigh, I hope the appraiser likes it too, I''ve already NAMED her (do women name their diamonds too? I''ve always named all my vehicles. My first motorcycle was "Cherry Blaster", my scooter was "Tallulah Taupe" and my car is "Petunia" - she''s purple if you hadn''t guessed.......)

From now on she shall be known as....... Melba! (been eating a lot of melba toast lately for some reason...... )

- Jodie -

(I must post a photo of my cute little shooting star ring - boyfriend gave it to me last summer.....)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 9:45:12 PM

Date: 1/27/2009 9:16:20 PM
Author: platinumrock

BE STILL MY HEART......
emlove.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

31.gif

9.gif

Oh Platinum - thank you SO much! You don''t know what that means to me. You know, ALL of my first hand diamond ''education'' has been with my lovely little vintage shooting star promise ring (now on my RIGHT hand - I DO love it so. I still look at it all the time), begging my girlfriends to let me examine their rings with my loupe, and what I''ve seen at local stores. That''s it. Probably 10 or 12 stones max. Other than that it''s ALL been stones I''ve seen on-line. The fact that YOU ladies can look at those two pictures and tell me you think it looks great means a lot.

Sigh, I hope the appraiser likes it too, I''ve already NAMED her (do women name their diamonds too? I''ve always named all my vehicles. My first motorcycle was ''Cherry Blaster'', my scooter was ''Tallulah Taupe'' and my car is ''Petunia'' - she''s purple if you hadn''t guessed.......)

From now on she shall be known as....... Melba! (been eating a lot of melba toast lately for some reason...... )

- Jodie -

(I must post a photo of my cute little shooting star ring - boyfriend gave it to me last summer.....)

YOu''re very welcome!
2.gif
It''s funny because I referred to your stone as "M", and I started thinking of a girl name that starts with the "M" sound. Like Emily or Monie or Melanie. And for you to come up with Melba is too funny! And cute, if I must say. I love it! You know, once you start naming them, you have to keep them. That''s when you start getting attached to them like pets.

Love "Cherry Blaster", "Tallulah Taupe" and "Petunia"! Very cute and creative.

Yes, you MUST post pics of your little shooting star. Tell Melly Melb I said Hello.
3.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone!!
30.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see more pics and see it set! I have a love for the lower colors as well. My e-ring is an L color OEC.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 7:48:20 PM
Author: Burk
What a gorgeous stone!!
30.gif
30.gif
Can't wait to see more pics and see it set! I have a love for the lower colors as well. My e-ring is an L color OEC.
Ahh the old stones just look "right" in the warmer colours don't they?

Well the saga continues today - sorry for the length (I tend to write WAY too much!)

The appraiser looked at it this morning (just for a "yay or nay" answer - not a full evaluation) and my boyfriend went in this afternoon. Well I think that the appraiser thought that I thought that it was going to be a brownish stone (because in one of my LOOOOONG e-mails to him I had said I was looking for a brown stone) so he was concerned that I was absolutely aware that it was an M colour grade which is light yellow and NOT brownish (I knew that this was the case so it was fine. I LOVE the stone and I want it. It's a great hard-to-find size, good cut, good PRICE, etc. And her name is Melba already!) But once I HEARD him say that I started THINKING of it as like, this SUPER yellow stone now! And OF COURSE my wonderful boyfriend (thanks I!) didn't charge the batteries in the digital camera so now I've got this stone that I have seen literally like, 2 photos of, and ALL I can think of is 'IT'S YELLOW" and I'm kinda freaking out that if I put this YELLOW stone in PINK gold it's going to look like a frikkin' PINATA! LOL

So then we get into "well so do I still WANT to mount it in rose gold?" I think a bit and we go back and forth on a basket with no gallery or with a gallery, if we have the gallery with the rose gold is it going to influence the colour TOO much or do I want an open gallery? But then it will make a space between the ring and the wedding band etc etc. I ask his opinion, ask boyfriend, they both like white gold. So I agree, let's do white gold. Okay, done! Then five minutes later I change my mind and call him back and say "No, I want rose gold"! Then I get off the phone and look up a million photos of rose gold and freak out about how PINK it is and think "maybe I SHOULD just do white gold?" Then I get a headache from it all.....an hour later I'm thinking "OH MY GOD I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!"

So I came home, went to the pawn shop next door (I live in an OLD city called New Westminster, lots of pawn shops) and asked them to look at all their loose M stones. Phew! SO glad I did that. With my loupe, looking at the stones sideways, yes, they looked yellowish. But at a regular distance, they just looked nice and DARK - dusky (I LOVE the darker look of the lower stones) The sales lady had a rose gold ring and I held it up to a few stones to see how it would look and it looked GREAT.

So rose gold prongs! FINAL ANSWER REEGE!!!!! Sorry guys, no photos - blame the boyfriend - boooo!

- Jodie -

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve always loved warmer colours too (my e-ring is an L coloured cushion ). Your M is just gorgeous! I think it will look great with the rose gold.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2009 10:02:38 PM
Date: 1/28/2009 7:48:20 PM

Author: Burk

What a gorgeous stone!!
30.gif
30.gif
Can''t wait to see more pics and see it set! I have a love for the lower colors as well. My e-ring is an L color OEC.

Ahh the old stones just look ''right'' in the warmer colours don''t they?

Well the saga continues today - sorry for the length (I tend to write WAY too much!)

The appraiser looked at it this morning (just for a ''yay or nay'' answer - not a full evaluation) and my boyfriend went in this afternoon. Well I think that the appraiser thought that I thought that it was going to be a brownish stone (because in one of my LOOOOONG e-mails to him I had said I was looking for a brown stone) so he was concerned that I was absolutely aware that it was an M colour grade which is light yellow and NOT brownish (I knew that this was the case so it was fine. I LOVE the stone and I want it. It''s a great hard-to-find size, good cut, good PRICE, etc. And her name is Melba already!) But once I HEARD him say that I started THINKING of it as like, this SUPER yellow stone now! And OF COURSE my wonderful boyfriend (thanks I!) didn''t charge the batteries in the digital camera so now I''ve got this stone that I have seen literally like, 2 photos of, and ALL I can think of is ''IT''S YELLOW'' and I''m kinda freaking out that if I put this YELLOW stone in PINK gold it''s going to look like a frikkin'' PINATA! LOL

So then we get into ''well so do I still WANT to mount it in rose gold?'' I think a bit and we go back and forth on a basket with no gallery or with a gallery, if we have the gallery with the rose gold is it going to influence the colour TOO much or do I want an open gallery? But then it will make a space between the ring and the wedding band etc etc. I ask his opinion, ask boyfriend, they both like white gold. So I agree, let''s do white gold. Okay, done! Then five minutes later I change my mind and call him back and say ''No, I want rose gold''! Then I get off the phone and look up a million photos of rose gold and freak out about how PINK it is and think ''maybe I SHOULD just do white gold?'' Then I get a headache from it all.....an hour later I''m thinking ''OH MY GOD I DON''T KNOW WHAT TO DO!''

So I came home, went to the pawn shop next door (I live in an OLD city called New Westminster, lots of pawn shops) and asked them to look at all their loose M stones. Phew! SO glad I did that. With my loupe, looking at the stones sideways, yes, they looked yellowish. But at a regular distance, they just looked nice and DARK - dusky (I LOVE the darker look of the lower stones) The sales lady had a rose gold ring and I held it up to a few stones to see how it would look and it looked GREAT.

So rose gold prongs! FINAL ANSWER REEGE!!!!! Sorry guys, no photos - blame the boyfriend - boooo!

- Jodie -

Your post made me laugh, because those thoughts about setting a lower colored diamond in RG have been going through my head for over a month! I have been second guessing myself on my decision on how to set my N colored cushion-thinking maybe it will make the stone too dark!?!?! Maybe I won''t like the contrast between the center and sides, maybe I will tire of the RG??? Time will tell the delivery man should be here within the next 1.5hrs with the ring and I will report back :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
OK it's here...

Just a quick pic, battery is about dead on the camera.

This is going to be a RHR for me and I will say that the RG definitely warms up the stone---if that's good or bad, that's for you to decide :)

2.27 cushion set5.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Stepcutnut, that is FAB!!!!

Here''s my M photoshopped into the Sholdt mounting with the bezel plated in yellow gold. I''m frantically saving my pennies to get this project done.

tagafa11.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 11:15:11 AM
Author: Upgradable

Here's my M photoshopped into the Sholdt mounting with the bezel plated in yellow gold. I'm frantically saving my pennies to get this project done.

Thanks Upgradable!!!

The color is super tough to describe in person and awful to try and take pics of, not everyone's cup of tea!

I like your stone in the sholdt :)

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 11:12:06 AM
Author: stepcutnut
OK it''s here...

Just a quick pic, battery is about dead on the camera.

This is going to be a RHR for me and I will say that the RG definitely warms up the stone---if that''s good or bad, that''s for you to decide :)

Oh my gosh! That is SO pretty! I LOVE it! Tell me all the stats etc (do you have a thread on here for it?)

The irony here is that of course..... I woke up this morning and changed my mind about the rose gold! LOL! I had sat up last night reading posts and someone had said something about "what if I get bored with it"? I realized I am SO like that (I can look at things I LOVED a year ago and go "WHAT was I THINKING?") so I talked to him first thing and said "let''s go with all white gold - gallery head" and that''s it (then changed my mind about the head later AGAIN! I am CERTIFIABLE) But they had already done it and he said my initial idea of the gallery head was better for a bunch of reasons so..... I''m very happy. Will have the ring whenever my boyfriend decides to come home from New Jersey I guess.

What a frikkin'' soap opera I am - I TELL yah! Thank god I am not planning the wedding too (Las Vegas - getting a package - pay and show up!!!!!) or I would be in the loony bin by then!

- Jodie -

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 11:15:11 AM

Here''s my M photoshopped into the Sholdt mounting with the bezel plated in yellow gold. I''m frantically saving my pennies to get this project done.

Maybe we can start a "Warm Stone Lovers" club or something!

To be honest, the darkness wasn''t a concern for me (whether to do the rose gold) I like how they look so much different than "regular" diamonds (white, higher colour grades, whatever) And gosh if the fire from just the two photos I saw of my stone is any indication, I am going to be ECSTATIC with that part of having a dark cushion. I have read on here that darker stones show more fire and that''s what I LOVE about diamonds.

I was explaining diamonds to my friend''s little daughter (7 yo) as we were looking at all our rings with my loupe. I was showing her how you could tilt it and you could see the green and blue and yellow and she just gasped and said "It''s like a RAINBOW!" I was like "Oh sweetie, just you wait!" (I''ve told her I''ll be the auntie who buys her jewellery for all her special moments. She''ll appreciate THAT when she''s older I''m sure!)

- Jodie -

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:40:57 PM

Maybe we can start a ''Warm Stone Lovers'' club or something!

To be honest, the darkness wasn''t a concern for me (whether to do the rose gold) I like how they look so much different than ''regular'' diamonds (white, higher colour grades, whatever) And gosh if the fire from just the two photos I saw of my stone is any indication, I am going to be ECSTATIC with that part of having a dark cushion. I have read on here that darker stones show more fire and that''s what I LOVE about diamonds.

I was explaining diamonds to my friend''s little daughter (7 yo) as we were looking at all our rings with my loupe. I was showing her how you could tilt it and you could see the green and blue and yellow and she just gasped and said ''It''s like a RAINBOW!'' I was like ''Oh sweetie, just you wait!'' (I''ve told her I''ll be the auntie who buys her jewellery for all her special moments. She''ll appreciate THAT when she''s older I''m sure!)

- Jodie -
I LOVE the warmer stones!! I call L stones "luscious" and M stone "mouthwatering." And as for creating a new jewel hound, I have a 15 year old daughter who I''ve already turned into a monster! My explanation to her for "spoiling her for any man" is that it is much better to find a fabulous guy and then buy your own jewels, than to find a fabulous guy who also has great taste in diamonds. Her father just nods.
31.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/29/2009 9:58:28 PM
Date: 1/29/2009 9:40:57 PM

I LOVE the warmer stones!! I call L stones ''luscious'' and M stone ''mouthwatering.'' And as for creating a new jewel hound, I have a 15 year old daughter who I''ve already turned into a monster! My explanation to her for ''spoiling her for any man'' is that it is much better to find a fabulous guy and then buy your own jewels, than to find a fabulous guy who also has great taste in diamonds. Her father just nods.
31.gif

Good advice! LOL. I have a fabulous guy who has no interest in jewels but is very indulgent of MY interest so I think that''s a good compromise. ;-) Even to the point that he is constantly encouraging me to go back to school (I was going to take a bench jewellers course a couple of years ago. Also was looking into a gemmology program. Might still do something like that.) I have to get it through my head that you''re never to old to change course (I''m 43).......

- Jodie -

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a link to my fave M stone on Pscope ... in fact its one of my fave stones period! Pix really start about page three ...
18.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 12:05:43 AM
Author: decodelighted
Here's a link to my fave M stone on Pscope ... in fact its one of my fave stones period! Pix really start about page three ...
18.gif

Thanks Deco for posting that! That is really one of those "Oh wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww!" kind of rings, isn't it? I just LOVE the old mine cuts with the maltese cross pattern visible through the table (that was what I wanted if I bought an antique stone but no luck - I didn't give it a YEAR though to find one. I do not have that much patience!)

Gosh the M's just are so variable in colour I am finding. I wouldn't even have known that that was an M! Looks warm but not dark. And I love Leon Mege too (who doesn't?) I had to have split prongs for mine although I don't expect they will be done as beautifully as his are. Love how they look like little CLAWS clutching the stone. So unique! It's just lovely!

- Jodie -

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Yekutiel sent me pics yesterday - it''s all done - oh my god it''s GORGEOUS! I didn''t know what kind of cut the stone WAS actually (I knew it was chunky but wasn''t sure what the cut pattern was) and it''s an old style cut! Yay! I think the setting is just lovely (it''s the only eternity style band I''ve seen that has the open baskets so it''s all lacey looking and so pretty especially from the side I think.) I think the head basket is perfect with it too. I wanted a real "vintage" antique feel (if they made eternity bands in the 1800''s I think it would look something like this - lol) The M stone just adds to the look I think.

I freakin'' LOVE it!

melba1 - small.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
.... I just cannot get over that this was a BUDGET setting! Who would have guessed?

melba2 - small.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
la la la.......

melba3 - small.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
.......check out the work on those split prongs! I had sent him photos of split prongs to show what I wanted but they were kind of clunky (they looked like they had just been split without being filed to a point - they were very square. I didn't even think to ask if they could make them clawed) Are these not totally Leon Mege style or what?

melba4 - small.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
detail of the side stone baskets.... so pretty!

melba5 - side detail.JPG

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
last one........ Gggrrrrrrr! (get it? ''cause they''re claws? Oh, nevermind......)

Won''t have it for another few weeks so - hand shots when I do.......

melba6 - prong detail.JPG

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 2:05:49 PM
Yekutiel sent me pics yesterday - it''s all done - oh my god it''s GORGEOUS! I didn''t know what kind of cut the stone WAS actually (I knew it was chunky but wasn''t sure what the cut pattern was) and it''s an old style cut! Yay! I think the setting is just lovely (it''s the only eternity style band I''ve seen that has the open baskets so it''s all lacey looking and so pretty especially from the side I think.) I think the head basket is perfect with it too. I wanted a real ''vintage'' antique feel (if they made eternity bands in the 1800''s I think it would look something like this - lol) The M stone just adds to the look I think.

I freakin'' LOVE it!

OH MY! Melba is a hottie! She looks absolutely gorgeous all dressed up! The setting turned beautiful and I love the claw prongs. I LOOOVE how rich the stone looks. I can''t wait for you to get it and I''m looking forward to move pics!
36.gif
36.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2009 2:24:17 PM
last one........ Gggrrrrrrr! (get it? ''cause they''re claws? Oh, nevermind......)

Won''t have it for another few weeks so - hand shots when I do.......

Rrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results