shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock
Picked up this antique (~1910) platinum & 14k filigree pin with a .50ct emerald and .30ct rose cut diamonds at the NY Antique & Jewelry Watch Show :kiss2: It caught my eye as I was passing by a booth as I was getting ready to leave, and I just couldn't leave without it.

Emerald Filigree Pin.jpg

It isn't certed, but based on the inclusions, the vendor believes it is of Colombian origin. I would love to wear it as a pendant (either horizonal or vertical works), so trying to figure out the best way to hang it on a chain without tilting.

Emerald Pin EW.jpg

And here is a shot with the rest of my emerald family!
- Dangly earring charms with Hauynes and 4.7mm square emerald cut Columbian emeralds from Cecile Raley
- Loose Pear cut 7.4 x 4.7mm Muzo emerald from Desert Rose, destined to be set with a pear cut diamond in a Toi-et-Moi by CvB soon
- Three-stone Russian Emerald and Burmese Spinel ring, stones from Desert Rose and set by DanielM
Chasiu Emerald Family 1.jpg

Chasiu Emerald Family 2.jpg

I love that they are all slightly different colors / have different personalities, because I won't feel as guilty when I keep buying more / larger stones haha.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Picked up this antique (~1910) platinum & 14k filigree pin with a .50ct emerald and .30ct rose cut diamonds at the NY Antique & Jewelry Watch Show :kiss2: It caught my eye as I was passing by a booth as I was getting ready to leave, and I just couldn't leave without it.

Emerald Filigree Pin.jpg

It isn't certed, but based on the inclusions, the vendor believes it is of Colombian origin. I would love to wear it as a pendant (either horizonal or vertical works), so trying to figure out the best way to hang it on a chain without tilting.

Emerald Pin EW.jpg

- Dangly earring charms with Hauynes and 4.7mm square emerald cut Columbian emeralds from Cecile Raley
- Loose Pear cut 7.4 x 4.7mm Muzo emerald from Desert Rose, destined to be set with a pear cut diamond in a Toi-et-Moi by CvB soon
- Three-stone Russian Emerald and Burmese Spinel ring, stones from Desert Rose and set by DanielM

I love that they are all slightly different colors / have different personalities, because I won't feel as guilty when I keep buying more / larger stones haha.

Vertical!!!

Nice box of deliciousness!

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock

Emerald Filigree Pin.jpg

Emerald Pin EW.jpg

@Chasiu I have a Victorian brooch that I'll turn it into a necklace. My jeweler has some on display, I'll post pics when I'm there.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
I got this yesterday from a local estate sale. It was listed as aqua but I'm pretty sure it's an emerald. The ring belonged to a 70 year old lady who had an amazing jewelry and fragrance collection and the family is liquidating everything for elderly care. It's so bittersweet, I wish I could find a way to let her know that two of her pieces will be in loving hands.

20231028_123320.jpg

Attachments

• 20231028_123110.jpg
    20231028_123110.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 20231028_123120.jpg
    20231028_123120.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 22

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Chasiu that pin is gorgeous :kiss2:

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
This is one of the first projects that I worked on. I ended up learning CAD (and eventually becoming a jeweller) thanks to Pricescope!

emerald-east-west.jpg

That's so cool that you became a jeweler! I may retire and do the same. Last daughter has grad school to attend first then maybe retirement and 2nd career in jewelry!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Emerald Filigree Pin.jpg

Emerald Pin EW.jpg

This is a lovely pin! Even if you convert it to a pendant, maybe try to preserve it in a way, that you can also wear it as a pin. Either way, it’s a pleasure to look at!

Ren

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately not mine to keep, a gift for a family member. Zambian, moderate oil. It photographs a little more blue than my eyes see in real life.

Attachments

• IMG_0785.jpeg
    IMG_0785.jpeg
    219.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 41

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
There’s a small gem show near my home once a year, and there’s only two dealers I pay any attention to. One sells all kinds of gems like demantoid, various other exotic gems, and he had a bin of lesser priced gems. I was absolutely NOT looking for an emerald, but this one was screaming at me. The clarity, bluish green color, crystal, metallic green sheen, all screamed at me. I louped it to see inclusions that were natural looking to me.

He said he got it from a collection of Zambian stones he thinks, but the stone is very glowy and looks Columbian to me, but I couldn’t pass it up for the price. This jeweler didn’t know much about emeralds, so I just snapped it up. In water at home, I could see it is not a triplet or doublet, and it has zoning indicative of natural material and some crystal inclusions.

1.42 carats. Hopefully not too good to be true. It’s very glowy, and it gleams in all lighting, which is why I couldn’t get very clear shots of it. I broke my rule of not getting a lab report with an emerald, but I felt it was worth the risk for the price (under $1k), so I may just send it off.

A8909DB4-8DC4-4F12-86B1-B8F34BC5673A.jpeg 78D1D4E1-A9AB-45D5-A711-8E4307178B4D.jpeg
0F7C1261-2643-4D4B-9F98-5E7FC517077C.jpeg

I thought of your 1.42 when I saw this 2.86, @T L

2023-12-27-2.86_Colombian.jpg

Reactions: T L

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Emerald3.JPG
This is my engagement ring! It’s just over 3cts Muzo Columbia’s emerald from George at Alpine Green with 0.50 VVS D diamond side stones.
_MG_2021.jpg

STUNNING

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results