shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Haha love the the snot declaration still follows me all these years!

I've just realised, if there is a new member reading what I wrote - it comes across as extremely rude :doh:so, would like to add, that I love all the jewels :appl:

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
And just to further clarify, I own a snot emerald too!

It is not always practical to wave the large monstrosity around!

cec731aa-30e3-4565-a4f8-ad9c224c9f38.jpeg

I think you might need a Nita Ambani necklace to complete the look?!

GAH, that Isha Ambani parure!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you might need a Nita Ambani necklace to complete the look?!

GAH, that Isha Ambani parure!

Hahaha my little sister was all over this and sent me a bunch of IG links!

I looooove perving at these jewels and they put things into perspective too! Oddly enough they make me stop chasing perfection! Got to work with what I have because my emerald is just one meagre random stone in the jewellery world.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I wonder how heavy Nita's necklace is. Then I start wondering what treatments, haha, PS hazard.

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
My newest, 120 old beauty. It's in a brooch and around 3 ct. My bench lady will kill me when I'll try to convert it; she just screams when I show up with antique emeralds lol. Will update this post after gia cert and conversion :) 20240307_171305.jpg 20240205_170257.jpg 20240205_170314.jpg 20240205_170204.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine, but I couldn’t help myself as I walked past a Harry Winston boutique. The emeralds in the rings were superior to those in the necklace. Surprisingly, even the the necklace had fine colored stones, they were way more included than I’d expect from HW.

IMG_1819.jpeg IMG_1818.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not mine, but I couldn’t help myself as I walked past a Harry Winston boutique. The emeralds in the rings were superior to those in the necklace. Surprisingly, even the the necklace had fine colored stones, they were way more included than I’d expect from HW.

I’m jelly you get to walk past a real HW store!!! If I had the money that’s my brand of choice! Their designs are everything I love!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock

The Central park!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My new one, she's in her late 70s/early 80s :) 20240319_114253.jpg

The colour is just perfect! Is it from the 1970’s/80’s or 70-80 yrs old?

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
The colour is just perfect! Is it from the 1970’s/80’s or 70-80 yrs old?

@RosieR I took it to my regular jeweler and he thinks it's a classic 1950s ring. I'm waiting for the big store appraiser to get in town so he can get me a definitive opinion; he has the equipment to test for emerald treatment and works for an antique place, similar to Lang's, so he's an expert.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
Or a bad camera angle...

You should give it another try, your honker should help.

6344.jpg

Great pic as always @Neptune!

Out of interest, how do you size your rings? I ask because it seems like they’re often interchangeable between your index, middle and ring fingers, and also your thumb in this pic! I would love to get more usage out of my rings (sweat them assets, haha).

Do you use those silicone thingymabobs to keep the rings secure on your ring finger?

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Great pic as always @Neptune!

Out of interest, how do you size your rings? I ask because it seems like they’re often interchangeable between your index, middle and ring fingers, and also your thumb in this pic! I would love to get more usage out of my rings (sweat them assets, haha).

Do you use those silicone thingymabobs to keep the rings secure on your ring finger?

Making our assets sweat? TOTALLY!

Slightly loose because I don't like the feeling when they are snug.

Yes, I use those sometimes. I also like to wear rings higher, the between the finger and nail rings hug the knuckles well. just the way i like it.

Mason Parsons

Rough_Rock
Trade
My Andrew Sarosi ring
kiz-asemerald3.jpg

The two smaller ones are still unset.
kiz-3emeralds.jpg

My emerald and diamond snake ring.
kiz-snakering2.jpg

I like your emerald diamond snake ring! It's gorgeous.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Such an evocative picture!

"April is the cruellest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain."

"“How clear, how lovely bright,
How beautiful to sight
Those beams of morning play;
How heaven laughs out with glee
Where, like a bird set free,