shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Show Me Your Emeralds

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave, this ring is gorgeous!! I love the color of the emerald. This is exactly the color I would want. And the setting, :kiss2:

Thank you! Inken sourced the emerald for me years ago at Tucson I think. DK did the setting. I think the emerald is 1.11 ctw

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did I post my finished ring? I might have posted the stone but I don’t remember if I ever posted the finished ring.

Unplated white gold.

6AEA4602-0F7E-4186-BFE2-C8B4F4F82D04.jpeg

E314B2C2-6276-45D3-8D44-A7171AC5D900.jpeg

9B2B6CB4-C4D3-497E-B21C-1A1FEC3D3287.jpeg

Gorgeous! I love the unplated white gold and that emerald glow! :love:

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Pendant I just had made with a charm attached to the gold chain. Emerald is my Mom and son’s birthstone and one of my favorites. Love that green. Should arrive tomorrow Can’t wait IMG_9234.jpeg IMG_9235.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a delicious thread. Emerald by far is my favorite CS. I enjoy it under all light settings.

IMG_3521w.jpg

IMG_2080.jpg
@Neptune Love your emerald ring! :kiss2: I just purchased a loose emerald and wanted a clean line setting similar to yours. Pls let me know who set yours. TIA!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
@Neptune Love your emerald ring! :kiss2: I just purchased a loose emerald and wanted a clean line setting similar to yours. Pls let me know who set yours. TIA!

Sure and "I would like you to do us a favor though," show us the green!? Haha.

See my other reply.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Sure and "I would like you to do us a favor though," show us the green!? Haha.

See my other reply.

@Neptune Thank you! What a wonderful coincidence. I’ve reached out to DK when I first purchased the stone a few weeks ago but I haven’t settled on a design yet. I love all your rings!
I’ve also considered CVB and Sako based on their work that I’ve seen here and on their IG/sites as well. I’ll post pic of the new stone tomorrow.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Ooh @Fabtwinsmom May I ask where you purchased your emerald? I’m doing a bit of emerald research at the minute and could use all the help I can get :)

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Emerald is by far my favorite gemstone. Here are my 3 emerald rings—they rarely get worn.

My very first emerald, 32 years old.

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_2701.jpeg

These are my late mom’s vintage cabochon emerald earrings. Not sure of the carat weight, they’re about 12mm x 10mm each. My late mom and dad had a much more glamorous social life than a little o me back in the 60s and 70s lol. I have only worn them once may be 15 years ago. Thinking of turning them into 2 pendants for my twin girls or something like that but they’re just so pretty, I haven’t pulled a trigger. The green is unreal and slightly deeper glowy green IRL, the pic just doesn’t do them justice.

IMG_3468.jpeg

I have another pair of small earrings and a couple little pendants that are much more wearable. Need to look for them.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
And this is a new loose emerald I acquired last month, 7.33 ct GIA certified Colombian emerald. A total impulse online purchase but she just looked so glowy and delish. A minty green emerald that’s unlike the forest green emeralds I’m usually attracted to.

I only have a vague idea of a RH ring that can be worn day to day. The stone turns out to be bigger in person that I anticipated at 14.42 x 11.16 x 8.33. I hope I can set it low enough as I talk with my hands so I worry I’ll hit into something.

IMG_3320.jpeg

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh @Fabtwinsmom May I ask where you purchased your emerald? I’m doing a bit of emerald research at the minute and could use all the help I can get :)

Hi @RosieR, it was a total impulse buy from an IG vendor. The seller is a diamond wholesaler and happened to have a loose emerald stone available. I’ve been following JR Colombian Emeralds on IG, they seem to have a huge inventory. Haven’t purchased anything from them though. Good luck and please come back and show us what you get.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
These are my late mom’s vintage cabochon emerald earrings. Not sure of the carat weight, they’re about 12mm x 10mm each. My late mom and dad had a much more glamorous social life than a little o me back in the 60s and 70s lol. I have only worn them once may be 15 years ago. Thinking of turning them into 2 pendants for my twin girls or something like that but they’re just so pretty, I haven’t pulled a trigger. The green is unreal and slightly deeper glowy green IRL, the pic just doesn’t do them justice.

IMG_3468.jpeg

I have another pair of small earrings and a couple little pendants that are much more wearable. Need to look for them.

Please keep the cab earrings, do NOT destroy them! I don't wear earrings but those negative spaces are enchanting. Wear them as pins or something.

Can we see more of them?

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi @RosieR, it was a total impulse buy from an IG vendor. The seller is a diamond wholesaler and happened to have a loose emerald stone available. I’ve been following JR Colombian Emeralds on IG, they seem to have a huge inventory. Haven’t purchased anything from them though. Good luck and please come back and show us what you get.

Thanks so much! I’ve had a look at their inventory and IG page so many gorgeous stones :)

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
Please keep the cab earrings, do NOT destroy them! I don't wear earrings but those negative spaces are enchanting. Wear them as pins or something.

Can we see more of them?

I drooled over them too.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a new group photo of my emeralds

The emerald cut ring and pendant are Muzo emeralds from the Coscuez mine.

I don't know the origins of the round cut ring or the studs.
Screenshot_20230604-075809~2.png

Screenshot_20230604-080021~2.png

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock

Can we see more of them?

I may be able to turn them into 2 pendants for each of my girls. It’s a shame that there’s no occasion for me to wear them as earrings—a bit too much for Costco methinks. Lol. The design reminds me of a treble clef in music notes.

Here are a few more pics. It’s raining today so just natural light through the windows.

IMG_3540.jpeg IMG_3542.jpeg IMG_3541.jpeg

Last edited:

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and how could I forget this band! From my DH for our anniversary this past March. An Art Deco platinum band with 6 Colombian emeralds and 5 emerald cut diamonds. The closest color is the third from the left and is consistent on all of them. I was surprised at how matching all the emeralds are (another online purchase). I love wearing it as a RHR whenever I go into the office. Low profile and protected by the bezel set.

IMG_845B4AF14582-1.jpeg

Mrsz1ppy

Brilliant_Rock
I may be able to turn them into 2 pendants for each of my girls. It’s a shame that there’s no occasion for me to wear them as earrings—a bit too much for Costco methinks. Lol. The design reminds me of a treble clef in music notes.

Here are a few more pics. It’s raining today so just natural light through the windows.

IMG_3540.jpeg IMG_3542.jpeg IMG_3541.jpeg

I love them! The cabs could make amazing rings too.

Fabtwinsmom

Brilliant_Rock
I love them! The cabs could make amazing rings too.

I know, right? The current design is so elegant, I’d hate to change it completely. I’ll wait until my girls are older and ask them what they’d like to do. They’re only in their teens so this type of jewelry is just not even on the radar yet.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I know, right? The current design is so elegant, I’d hate to change it completely. I’ll wait until my girls are older and ask them what they’d like to do. They’re only in their teens so this type of jewelry is just not even on the radar yet.

:love:I'm glad to hear this, there's something very Hollywood classic to the cab sets being extremely elegant without being over the top. Lucky girls!

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I tried to photograph my mother's (mine now, I guess) emeralds. First try so sorry about my selfie skills! It's faceted but it's hard to focus so it looks like a cabochon.

IMG_0018.jpeg

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results