carat
color
clarity

Please help me evaluate this emerald cut diamond

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have an appointment with an independent appraiser tomorrow afternoon. She’s a straight shooter. I’ll be very interested in what she has to say!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! It is beautiful and looks so lovely on you. Wear it it good health!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee your ring is stunning and I am so glad to hear you LOVE. I am so excited for you!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to tell us what you are noticing…loving.. etc. Did it meet your expectations of what an emerald would be? Share!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you can fit both of your beauties into your avatar photo...Oh please!, oh please! :D:kiss2: I couldn't decide where to look. I always love your "regular" avatar, but...but...but...Emmy!

Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 6.51.29 PM.png

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much @rcjtraveler @marcy @stracci2000

@SparklieBug! You’re so funny! If I could fit it in I would! I may rotate them..haha

@nala It’s so different than an ACA. To me it just shimmers..with long flashes. My husband said it was “very sparkly!”..:lol-2: People say emerald cuts don’t sparkle as much as mrb diamonds. I don’t agree. The diamonds in this ring sparkle like crazy. You know I love my baguettes. I have to include them in all my settings. I thought these diamonds would do the same thing. I was wrong. These flash like crazy. I’m so happy with it. I got it for a great price. I wouldn’t have been able to buy the same quality center stone for that price. I got three diamonds and a platinum setting for less than one smaller, less clarity, color diamond. It’s better than I imagined I would get.
I got three individual GIA reports too.
I’m so interested to hear what the appraiser has to say about it.
I love it! :kiss2:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MissGotRocks..I just stink at photos....:twisted2: I’ll take a million and use one..haha

I have a solution. Send me Emmy and I will take all the photos you could ever want and share them in a new SMTB thread.
See what a good friend I am? :bigsmile:

I'll be waiting patiently for Fed Ex all day. ;))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a solution. Send me Emmy and I will take all the photos you could ever want and share them in a new SMTB thread.
See what a good friend I am? :bigsmile:

I'll be waiting patiently for Fed Ex all day. ;))

That is so nice of you @missy! Emmy is too small for you! I’ll keep looking at Costco’s website for your 8 carat! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so nice of you @missy! Emmy is too small for you! I’ll keep looking at Costco’s website for your 8 carat! :lol:

You're a true blue friend! And don't forget you have to contact Greg when that happens. :lol:
XOXO

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You're a true blue friend! And don't forget you have to contact Greg when that happens. :lol:
XOXO

The supervisor I spoke to yesterday said they have a million dollar ring! I saw one on there for $400,000. It may come up! :lol:

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
MamaBee we have such similar taste! I wear a plain solitaire with one or two eternities on my left, and an emerald cut 3 stone on my right (with trap side stones). I wanted a 3 stone but didn’t want to give up my solitaire, I wanted an emerald cut but didn’t want to give up my MRB. The 3 stone EC was the perfect solution. Before the solitaire I wore the round with side baguettes. I looooved that ring but it never felt right with a wedding band. Great minds and all that. Love the new emerald 3 stone, wear in good health!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
MamaBee we have such similar taste! I wear a plain solitaire with one or two eternities on my left, and an emerald cut 3 stone on my right (with trap side stones). I wanted a 3 stone but didn’t want to give up my solitaire, I wanted an emerald cut but didn’t want to give up my MRB. The 3 stone EC was the perfect solution. Before the solitaire I wore the round with side baguettes. I looooved that ring but it never felt right with a wedding band. Great minds and all that. Love the new emerald 3 stone, wear in good health!

Thank you @AuntKiki! I want to reset my ACA to baguette sides yet again..I’m a one trick pony! Haha That won’t happen for at least a year..I’m still undecided. I will most likely wear Emmy on my left hand. My life is so casual..I also tend to do most things with my left hand leaving Winter on. I’m so careful with the left hand without even thinking about it anymore. My right hand is another story. I bang everything with my right hand.
I would love to see your rings! :kiss2:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, Your ring is gorgeous. It looks stunning on your hand! This was one great find!!! I’m so happy for you.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHAT. A. FIND. Congratulations on the acquisition of Emmy! She is perfect in every way - bright, white, and glowy like a hall of mirrors! So classy on your hand! LOVE!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It’s a beautiful ring…so classy! Now you have the best of both worlds…lucky gal!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow it’s beautiful @MamaBee im so pleased it worked out for you! I clicked on this thread a few days ago and couldn’t follow it because of the suspense what a relief! Honestly that shot of the two rings together - perfect pair!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee did you see the appraiser today?

@MissGotRocks Yes! It blew her socks off! :lol-2: She even checked that they weren’t lab diamonds because of the price. I gave her the GIA reports..She couldn’t believe what I paid for Emmy! She kept shaking her head! She said it was beautiful. I asked her if she could recommend a jeweler to size it at some point. She said she wouldn’t leave that ring with anyone..Haha She wants to see who could do it while I wait.. Her face was so shocked when I said I bought it from Costco online. I really feel like I won the lottery. I couldn’t have a ring made that I would love more. I’m so happy.
She’s putting together the replacement value. I’m very curious to see what it is.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results