shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me evaluate this emerald cut diamond

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee- I like the plain band better. I think the baguette competes with your Emmy.

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11 I agree...I just tried it on with my slimmer baguette band. The baguettes are longer. I think it looks better. I have to go into a store today so I can’t wear it outside yet. I’ll post a pic next week. The ring is a little big. When I wear a band it pushes it to the thicker part of my finger. It fits the best there. I’m really hesitating getting it sized…even after it’s insured. My insurance company doesn’t insure during repairs. I wish David Klass was nearby..I don’t trust any jewelers near me.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11 I agree...I just tried it on with my slimmer baguette band. The baguettes are longer. I think it looks better. I have to go into a store today so I can’t wear it outside yet. I’ll post a pic next week. The ring is a little big. When I wear a band it pushes it to the thicker part of my finger. It fits the best there. I’m really hesitating getting it sized…even after it’s insured. My insurance company doesn’t insure during repairs. I wish David Klass was nearby..I don’t trust any jewelers near me.

@MamaBee - I totally hear your point. My e-ring should really be a 4.25 as the 4.5 really spins in the winter even when I’m wearing it with my eternity band by IDJ-sized 4.25 and a thin Tiffany milgrain band in between. Doesn’t spin in the summer though so I wanted a 4.5. I totally understand your hesitancy to get Emmy resized by a jeweler you don’t/ can’t trust. I also understand how it fits better with a band as it sits higher up on the finger which is a little larger. Maybe try the silicone sizer so it fits better alone if you prefer wearing it without a band.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - I totally hear your point. My e-ring should really be a 4.25 as the 4.5 really spins in the winter even when I’m wearing it with my eternity band by IDJ-sized 4.25 and a thin Tiffany milgrain band in between. Doesn’t spin in the summer though so I wanted a 4.5. I totally understand your hesitancy to get Emmy resized by a jeweler you don’t/ can’t trust. I also understand how it fits better with a band as it sits higher up on the finger which is a little larger. Maybe try the silicone sizer so it fits better alone if you prefer wearing it without a band.

Can you recommend a silicone sizer? I tried a few on Amazon and they didn’t feel comfortable.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m curious which one you ordered before, @MamaBee

@Dmndsr4evr11 This one..It was terrible. It uncoiled itself when I was wearing it.
Please click on it to see if it shows my name and town. It does when I do. If it does I’ll delete it quickly. Thanks!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
@Dmndsr4evr11 This one..It was terrible. It uncoiled itself when I was wearing it.
Please click on it to see if it shows my name and town. It does when I do. If it does I’ll delete it quickly. Thanks!
@MamaBee - it doesn’t. You’re safe:). When I click it it has my info as if I’m ordering for myself.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I agree…That’s why I love baguettes..I love the shimmer. I think emerald cuts and baguettes are quietly elegant. I will love having both the ACA and emerald cut. This is the last big purchase…Fingers and toes crossed!
I‘m so obsessed with the emerald/asscher thread!

Now I want to roll over and laugh but I understand your feeling MB, but I thought EVER was forever, I think we jewelry lovers (especially us diamond heads), always love the glitter and sparkle, and I think this ring is to die for gorgeous and I'd buy from Costco also.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I want to roll over and laugh but I understand your feeling MB, but I thought EVER was forever, I think we jewelry lovers (especially us diamond heads), always love the glitter and sparkle, and I think this ring is to die for gorgeous and I'd buy from Costco also.

Kate! I missed you!! It really is my last big purchase. The next purchase will be a house closer to my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate! I missed you!! It really is my last big purchase. The next purchase will be a house closer to my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren..

3 houses? missed you mucho so very nice to 'see' you. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
3 houses? missed you mucho so very nice to 'see' you. :)

@Bayek No..Haha we will sell the one in Pa..My hubby’s last day of work is next Monday. He’s finally retiring..We need to be nearby my other son because he will be looking over his brother when we pass. We don’t plan on going anytime soon..but we have to get David set up there. He asked us to move closer to them.
It will take a while to get this house in condition to sell. We have some issues we have to address before that can happen.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Emmy still isn’t insured so I put her away until yesterday. I got so tired of waiting for USAA to insure her I started wearing her yesterday. I wore her with my skinniest baguette channel set band so it wouldn’t scratch the setting. Emmy is a little big so the band pushes her down the finger where she fits better. I can’t wear her without a band because the lack of wedding band bothers me..

I’m wearing a blue blouse so she looks a little blue!

5194778E-A3CF-46D7-BA5D-D1E34EA939BA.jpeg

Last edited:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Emmy still isn’t insured so I put away until yesterday. I got so tired of waiting for USAA to insure her I started wearing her yesterday. I wore her with my skinniest baguette channel set band so it wouldn’t scratch the setting. Emmy is a little big so the band pushes her down the finger where she fits better. I can’t wear her without a band because the lack of wedding band bothers me..

Stunning!!!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Emmy still isn’t insured so I put her away until yesterday. I got so tired of waiting for USAA to insure her I started wearing her yesterday. I wore her with my skinniest baguette channel set band so it wouldn’t scratch the setting. Emmy is a little big so the band pushes her down the finger where she fits better. I can’t wear her without a band because the lack of wedding band bothers me..

Beautiful! Hand pics please @MamaBee.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Hand pics please @MamaBee.

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11! Emmy will finally be insured at midnight tonight..It’s been a long painful process. They usually insure for the purchase price..but I got the buy of the century so they couldn’t insure it for purchase price. We’ve come to an agreement..so tonight I can wear it freely outside. I was on the phone with them for the last hour..I took one pic! I’ll take more tomorrow..:kiss2:
1D94CB8B-BF3B-4AB1-A32A-58ED9CB4DC8C.jpeg

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11! Emmy will finally be insured at midnight tonight..It’s been a long painful process. They usually insure for the purchase price..but I got the buy of the century so they couldn’t insure it for purchase price. We’ve come to an agreement..so tonight I can wear it freely outside. I was on the phone with them for the last hour..I took one pic! I’ll take more tomorrow..:kiss2:
1D94CB8B-BF3B-4AB1-A32A-58ED9CB4DC8C.jpeg

@MamaBee - I’m sorry to hear about the painful process of insuring Emmy. Glad it’s all set and you can enjoy her without worries. :love::love::love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee - I’m sorry to hear about the painful process of insuring Emmy. Glad it’s all set and you can enjoy her without worries. :love::love::love:

Thank you! I’m so glad she’s finally insured. I started wearing her anyway but mainly in the car. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results