shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me evaluate this emerald cut diamond

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes @Catmom..Thank you..I’m stressing about it because there were no expert eyes on it. I’m basically buying blind. I’ve bought lots of jewelry but I never stressed about it. My ACA was stress free even though that was more expensive. This is more am I buying a dog? It’s a VVS1 G color..The numbers are good..but found out the numbers really don’t matter with an emerald cut. If I love it and no one else does I would even be okay with keeping it. I’m just nervous to get it. It’s so unlike me. How many people spend that kind of money on an unseen diamond, no video, not even a good photo? I just keep telling myself over and over I can return it.

That's the thing though. It's Costco. You can return it. They are known for their return policies. It would be a hassle that's for sure but the bottom line is you can return it if you don't like it. What if it's gorgeous? It goes both ways. At this point nothing you can do about it until you see it unfortunately. I really, really hope you fall in love with it. I hear you about the money. Those little buggers sure do cost a lot don't they?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sooo excited for you and have not been chiming in but reading avidly! Slow down and enjoy the process! Take it home and get to know it with the assurance that it’s Costco—and they will accept returns!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @Catmom @nala You’re both right..
Ok..You guys are going to be sick of me..:lol-2:
I blew up the photo. I don’t see a bow tie face on. I’m going to shut up now until I pick it up. I can hear everyone tuning in sighing from relief! :lol:
261675C2-B505-420A-AC7E-CAA8878A2E79.jpeg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When do you pick it up!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I blew up the photo. I don’t see a bow tie face on. I’m going to shut up now until I pick it up. I can hear everyone tuning in sighing from relief! :lol:
Oh it’s so stunning. Can’t wait to see!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

From this picture it looks lovely!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! He said mid-week. If I don’t get an email today then it may be Thursday!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock

Agreed, from the pic it looks mighty fine to me. Hoping it is stunning and it is love at first sight! So excited for you…

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly @MamaBee I’d be less worried about buying from Costco than a jewellery store I didn’t know. They’re renowned for their hassle free returns. Don’t over think it and let it spoil your excitement.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The label has been created with a tracking number..but it hasn’t been received by UPS yet. I guess that would mean I’ll get it on Thursday…unless it will start moving during the night. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee I agree with @Bonfire - you can return the ring if you don't love it. It won't perform like your ACA but your ACA won't perform like you EC. EC have their own style of flashes and sparkle; not any better or worse - just different. I am hoping you LOVE it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee I agree with @Bonfire - you can return the ring if you don't love it. It won't perform like your ACA but your ACA won't perform like you EC. EC have their own style of flashes and sparkle; not any better or worse - just different. I am hoping you LOVE it!

@marcy I agree…That’s why I love baguettes..I love the shimmer. I think emerald cuts and baguettes are quietly elegant. I will love having both the ACA and emerald cut. This is the last big purchase…Fingers and toes crossed!
I‘m so obsessed with the emerald/asscher thread!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s on the vehicle being delivered to Costco today! I don’t know if they need to process it when they get it..It’s possible I could get it today! If it’s dinner time I will have to wait until tomorrow because I don’t see well at night. I also think it would be more busy at night. Considering Omicron is spreading like wildfire here I’ll just wait until the working people are at work tomorrow..I’m so excited! :appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s been delivered to Costco! Now I wait for the email that says I can pick it up! I’m sure it will be today!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I have old hands! Focus on the ring! :lol:

Good point- who will notice hands when you wear a ring like that!!

Old hands are beautiful too though :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It‘s ready for pickup! I hope you all realize that I blew that photo up. It’s not huge! :lol-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please excuse my really chapped hands. It’s freezing out and I didn’t want to take the time to put on more lotion!..:(2
It looks way whiter and brighter than the pics. It’s so cloudy here….no sun..
I‘ll try to take better photos. I’m trying to figure out how to post a video. I may have to ask @missy to help me.

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What do you think of it, @MamaBee? I think it looks gorgeous, and gorgeous on your hand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results