shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me evaluate this emerald cut diamond

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t want to sound cryptic but I can’t say what’s going on until tomorrow. It’s been stressful..That’s all I can say until I can try to work this out. :|

Best of luck! I can’t wait to see what you end up with! Prayers for smooth sailing from here ❤️

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Sorry this has turned into a stressful situation for you. This should be fun! Hopefully it will all smooth out.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok…I think I’m going to have to let this go. By posting this I know someone can come by and buy it but I’ve come to the conclusion it was too frustrating to continue.
I realized that I couldn’t charge the amount because my credit limit..on purpose..was too low to cover the cost. I decided to use my debit card because we have the funds in the account. I called the bank first to verify that my account would be safe because we keep a lot of money in checking. I don’t like to use my debit card online..We always use our credit card and pay it in full at the end of the month. We only have one card as we like to pay cash for everything. My husband has declined increasing the credit limit because any jewelry we get we pay by wire. We also will use a bank check when needed. Soooo…The young guy at the bank said yes…we were safe..I could use the debit card to pay for the purchase online through Costco. I make the purchase…It was declined. I called the bank and spoke to the guy again..He said he had to make an exception but it should work now. I decide go call the Costco.com number. She asked if she could run the number again. She did..You guessed it..Declined..She said the only way would be to have the bank approve it. I call the guy at the bank back. He said he was sorry but didn’t realize he didn’t have the authority to allow the use of the card for such a large purchase. I would have to talk to a Wealth Advisor. They’re not in until Monday. I call Costco back. Would they take a wire, cashier’s check? Nope..It has to be a card. At this point I’m stressed to the max..I find out there are daily limits on the use of a debit card..It sure isn’t the price of the ring. So…I have the money to buy the ring outright..but I have no way to pay Costco. My husband wants me to go into the bank and tell them they are holding our money hostage. I don’t think it’s that. I think it’s a law they have to follow. I lost sleep over this last night. I decided I’m not going to purchase this ring even though the numbers, clarity, and color are fantastic for the money.. I love their jewelry…and the value…but I’m taking a pass because this hasn’t been fun. I’m back to looking at Blue Nile and James Allen. I would like to get a G, VS1, and as large as I can get it..for $50k including the setting and tax. $53k is the uppermost limit. James Allen includes a setting with their diamonds. At some point I can reset it but I can put all the money towards a diamond and tax then. Their videos of emerald cuts are hard to analyze because of the way they are done though. The center diamond I’m passing up was just a smidge under 10mm, VVS1, G color. This included the platinum setting and two side diamonds..both G’s and VS1s. I can‘t even buy one diamond loose like that center diamond.
If anyone would like to help me find an emerald cut diamond I would really appreciate it. I’m just so disappointed. :cry2:

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Ok…I think I’m going to have to let this go. By posting this I know someone can come by and buy it but I’ve come to the conclusion it was too frustrating to continue.
I realized that I couldn’t charge the amount because my credit limit..on purpose..was too low to cover the cost. I decided to use my debit card because we have the funds in the account. I called the bank first to verify that my account would be safe because we keep a lot of money in checking. I don’t like to use my debit card online..We always use our credit card and pay it in full at the end of the month. We only have one card as we like to pay cash for everything. My husband has declined increasing the credit limit because any jewelry we get we pay by wire. We also will use a bank check when needed. Soooo…The young guy at the bank said yes…we were safe..I could use the debit card to pay for the purchase online through Costco. I make the purchase…It was declined. I called the bank and spoke to the guy again..He said he had to make an exception but it should work now. I decide go call the Costco.com number. She asked if she could run the number again. She did..You guessed it..Declined..She said the only way would be to have the bank approve it. I call the guy at the bank back. He said he was sorry but didn’t realize he didn’t have the authority to allow the use of the card for such a large purchase. I would have to talk to a Wealth Advisor. They’re not in until Monday. I call Costco back. Would they take a wire, cashier’s check? Nope..It has to be a card. At this point I’m stressed to the max..I find out there are daily limits on the use of a debit card..It sure isn’t the price of the ring. So…I have the money to buy the ring outright..but I have no way to pay Costco. My husband wants me to go into the bank and tell them they are holding our money hostage. I don’t think it’s that. I think it’s a law they have to follow. I lost sleep over this last night. I decided I’m not going to purchase this ring even though the numbers, clarity, and color are fantastic for the money.. I love their jewelry…and the value…but I’m taking a pass because this hasn’t been fun. I’m back to looking at Blue Nile and James Allen. I would like to get a G, VS1, and as large as I can get it..for $50k including the setting and tax. $53k is the uppermost limit. James Allen includes a setting with their diamonds. At some point I can reset it but I can put all the money towards a diamond and tax then. Their videos of emerald cuts are hard to analyze because of the way they are done though. The center diamond I’m passing up was just a smidge under 10mm, VVS1, G color. This included the platinum setting and two side diamonds..both G’s and VS1s. I can‘t even buy one diamond loose like that center diamond.
If anyone would like to help me find an emerald cut diamond I would really appreciate it. I’m just so disappointed. :cry2:

Oh @MamaBee I’m sorry that this experience has been soured for you! Your bank and Costco’s policies seem totally asinine!

If you decide that you really want to see the ring, I wonder if a Costco manager could help you use both your credit card and your debit card combined to make the purchase…

Last edited:

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh @MamaBee I’m sorry that this experience has been soured for you! Your bank and Costco’s policies seem totally asinine!

If you decide that you really want to see the ring, I wonder if a Costco manager could help you use both your credit card and your debit card combined to make the purchase…

@lulu_ma- I was wondering a similar thing where @MamaBee go to Costco and have the manager there help make the transaction happen in person.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update! I got a call from Costco. The man told me he was checking to see if he can get something set so I can do a wire transfer! I went in the shower so I left my phone with my husband. My husband just told me to call him back because they will let me do a wire transfer! I tried calling him back but he’s not answering yet. OMG
Is a bigwig from Costco a PSer?? It’s funny how I posted I was giving up..Then I get a call from them 15 minutes later to help me try to find a way to let me purchase it!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
Update! I got a call from Costco. The man told me he was checking to see if he can get something set so I can do a wire transfer! I went in the shower so I left my phone with my husband. My husband just told me to call him back because they will let me do a wire transfer! I tried calling him back but he’s not answering yet. OMG
Is a bigwig from Costco a PSer?? It’s funny how I posted I was giving up..Then I get a call from them 15 minutes later to help me try to find a way to let me purchase it!

That is fantastic news…hope it all works out for you, fingers crossed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It’s all set up! I’ll wire the money to them tomorrow!!! :appl:

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
Yay! I was going to say...don't give up! I'm glad you resolved it!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

They’re at different banks..but that was a good point!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee!!! So happy it is working out!!!!!

As I told you we went through something similar with a wire transfer and had to get the head guy involved to make an exception. Exceptions can be made. But whew! So happy for you and glad you didn’t give up. I would have been so upset for you if you gave up on the fantastic diamond❤️❤️❤️

Fingers crossed it goes smoothly here on in.
I’m on my phone or I’d use more emojis!!! They don’t work on my phone. But just insert lots of fingers crossed emojis here. XOXO

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone! 7C3CC3BC-B908-4FA5-905E-80E5865F9A20.gif

im so happy for you this has worked out

we used to have this happen at my old work all the time
actually it happened to me when we bought whitewear and new beds in the same transation and it happened when i bought jewlery too

shops know this happens and should have policies in place to not loose a sale

looking forward to seeing it on your finger

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
im so happy for you this has worked out

we used to have this happen at my old work all the time
actually it happened to me when we bought whitewear and new beds in the same transation and it happened when i bought jewlery too

shops know this happens and should have policies in place to not loose a sale

looking forward to seeing it on your finger

Thank you Daisy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So happy for you that it worked out. I believe it was meant to be! This made my day. I can’t wait to see your new ring.

Thank you!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Wowzer! I didn’t realize Costco sold GIA graded stones!! Can’t wait to see hand pics! Congrats, @MamaBee!!
I should have mentioned before that I am loving emerald cut too that I impulsively bought this cute, teensy weeny GIA E SI1 at an antique shop on January 2nd hahaa.

Not teensy but definitely gorgeous. Nice find!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee i am so glad they worked it out for you. Sorry you had such a hassle. I can’t wait to see it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee i am so glad they worked it out for you. Sorry you had such a hassle. I can’t wait to see it.

Thank you @marcy! I hope the transfer goes through safely. I always worry about someone putting in the wrong number. :pray:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
What size is the center stone in the Costco ring? Did you get to try it on?

@diamondseeker2006 It’s a 3.01 carat center with two diamonds equaling 1.40 ctw..I didn’t try it on. I bought it online! I’ll see it for the first time when I’m standing next to shoppers with food in their carts! :lol-2:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: :appl: Woohoo @MamaBee, I’m so glad you got it sorted out, it’s an absolutely stunning ring and a great price. We’ve always found that Costco goes the extra mile when buying jewellery (you remember the saga with my hoops, so I’m so happy that beauty is going to be yours.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:dance: :appl: Woohoo @MamaBee, I’m so glad you got it sorted out, it’s an absolutely stunning ring and a great price. We’ve always found that Costco goes the extra mile when buying jewellery (you remember the saga with my hoops, so I’m so happy that beauty is going to be yours.

Thank you @Austina! I’m excited and nervous at the same time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @marcy! I hope the transfer goes through safely. I always worry about someone putting in the wrong number. :pray:

Me too @MamaBee - especially with that amount. That's why I check our accounts all the time. Marty barely gets in the door at night and I'm inquiring - did you buy something at .... ?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too @MamaBee - especially with that amount. That's why I check our accounts all the time. Marty barely gets in the door at night and I'm inquiring - did you buy something at .... ?

@marcy I don’t have access to my debit account online. My husband doesn’t trust it. I have David’s account online so I can keep a close eye on it. I felt like I was going to have a heart attack when I was checking the pages that the ”banker” put together. I had to proof read it. I was so nervous that I was seeing double when I was trying to check that the numbers were right..haha..The banker was a young man wearing jeans. He didn’t look like a banker...
I decided I’m going to open it in the store to make sure it’s in the box. I’ve heard so many stories of people that say they open an empty box.
I didn’t panic this much when I ordered my Whiteflash ACA. I think I’m more nervous because this is Costco..I don’t think they do many wire transfers with customers.
After all this I hope I love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results