shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me create a stunning necklace! Blue with a halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2005 4:07:27 PM
Author: ccuheartnurse

I like that sapphire from Simply Sapphire. It seems to be well priced at $378 (around there). Does anyone have an opinion on it?

The picture looks strange - blue all over, so I really don't know what to say. The shape is nice, but I have a hard time imagining what the color might be.

I've seen it when posting the other sapphire from the same shop earlier on this thread, but I didn't link to this one for the reason just mentioned.

And then... the $400 one at Wildfishgems made the cut first:

Copy__2__of_B119_1.80_a.jpg

Link to page

The description says: 1.8 cts, 7.33 x 6.44 x 4.65mm, medium tone
$ no treatment... maybe this is not an issue here, but it is always nice to see a sapphire with good color without intervention.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Here are the blue stones which have for one reason or another caught my eye. I went to Hudson Poole today and John mentioned that he knows a spinel dealer so I am going to see if he can find anything. Maybe I ought to make some sort of odd funky hairband with all of these. JK, though I had blue hair for a while it looked cute.

bluebabieswhichone.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
With price information, though for some reason when I scroll the text boxes jump.

bluebabieswhichonewithprices.JPG

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I like the one on the bottom left the best followed by bottom right, middle left, middle right and top right. The top left and top middle look rather muddy to me.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I really like the middle and bottom left the best then the middle top and middle right. Does that makes sense? But I think they are all super lovely. I am thinking I may buy a couple and see what happens. I am going to look at return policies.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the one on the bottom left, where is that from and what is the cost???

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well the auction is over for the middle left and I bought that one. I have emailed about the bottom left one as well. That is the one Ana and I have been playing with for this entire thread. I am going to get them both and see which one I like more in person and then I can start finding someone to make my halo for me! What do ya''ll think?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2005 9:29:26 PM
Author: Matatora
Well the auction is over for the middle left and I bought that one.

The four carat light spinel ?
50272171528080_0.jpg

That would have really been my pick from the list - no kidding. Hope it turns out exciting in person !
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good for you Matatora, please post pics of them both. How fun, congrats!!!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 9:36:46 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 10/28/2005 9:29:26 PM
Well the auction is over for the middle left and I bought that one.

The four carat light spinel ?
50272171528080_0.jpg

That would have really been my pick from the list - no kidding. Hope it turns out exciting in person !
2.gif
Not quite! I am afriad I went with the smaller 2.80ct light spinel...MINE!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2005 8:30:41 PM
Author: kaleigh
I love the one on the bottom left, where is that from and what is the cost???
Oh Miss Lisa I just saw this...now I feel kinda guilty about getting both.
7.gif
I promise if I dont like it I will return it super quick! Though...it is still up on their web page as available for purchase.
28.gif
Hmmm.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t want to buy it, I was just saying I liked it. You now have 2 to compare and can pick the right one or the one that you prefer. Please post them for us, it will be fun!!!
1.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~ I like the one on the bottom left, and then the one right above it.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2005 9:49:52 PM
Not quite! I am afriad I went with the smaller 2.80ct light spinel...MINE!
... that isn''t in the picture, so I thought you weren''t considering it. That seems to have a more traditional cut and probably nicer color. Good for you!

Can''t wait to hear what you think of it when it arrives
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the record, before they pull out the auction page
5.gif

Sp1631.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh no you are right! Yikes! Maybe I need all three?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ana that is gorgeous, sorry Matatora, not trying to make things difficult for you. This is tough, good luck!!!
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
31.gif
What do you think? I need to settle on how the halo works? And who I ought to look to actually make thing?

stonesforsjmsgrl.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally love the color of the JS stone, but they are 2 totally different looks and carat weights. If you need someone to do a custom halo, I highly recommend Quest. They did a great job with my asscher.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The sizes are not that diffrent, but having never worked with either of these sellers I do not know how diffrent/similair the colors will be. I wish they were in my hot little hand right now. I cannot wait to see them!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Can someone help me? I am trying to figure out what the two stones would look like with a halo similiar to the one found in this ring. I am trying to figure out which shape will look better. I think that oval would look best east west set. What do yall think? I will post pictures as soon as I receive the stones.
blue_halo.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... the frame of that ring is a very recognizable sort of illusion setting. Aside Takara and the related BTD, I surely have seen it somewhere else (there must be a wholesale producer behind it, of course) just can''t possibly remember! Wink may have them and know what sizes and shapes could fit the ready-made frames. Rounds are obvious, non-calibrated ovals and squares, not so.

Anyway
2.gif

blueovalsI.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am drooling!
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other may just fit into a round frame somehow - hard to tell if the frame will need to be substantially larger and leave small gaps on the sides, or the stone could be fit somehow between the four prongs of the pendant frame anyway. the round contour seems to look good around it though. At least to me.
2.gif

bluesquareish.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Miss Ana! I am just in love! You are fantastically amazing!
36.gif
The BTD people had a cushion halo for sale awhile back...I wonder if they still have any. I think I want the shape of the halo to follow the shape the stone, whichever I decide. Maybe I need a round too.
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Matatora, how are you ever going to decide?? Ana those are just fabulous, I am drooling here!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/30/2005 6:35:16 PM

I think I want the shape of the halo to follow the shape the stone, whichever I decide.

... forgot to post the other below. It doesn''t take much to get me over into this sport
3.gif

Maybe I need a round too.

It would bea easier to find a setting off the shelf... if you need any reason
2.gif

Do you like aquamarine ?

bluesquareishI.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I do like aquas!
30.gif
I just happen to be a March baby. I have a few aqua things my favorite being the ring my Daddy gave me when I turned 16. I really need to take so proper shots of it and post them.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
That stone in that setting looks like a 60%-70% saturated cornflower blue sapphire.
1.gif
It has a very elegant look to it. I was going to say if you don''t already have that stone and you''re still looking, if you could find a deal on a good clean cornflower...go for it. Otherwise, have you thought about a blue sphene in that color? It supposedly has a higher RI than a diamond, otherwise you also might like a good piece of kyanite. It''s an extremely soft stone, but it looks like a really awesome sapphire.

I do like the concept and as others have stated, it does have a very sheik, elegant designer look to it. If you go with diamonds for the halo, with that white gold, you might want to consider some H-I/SI1-VS1 diamonds. I think that would compliment everything so well like that. That''s just my opinion though.
emteeth.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I will proably use whatever the "stock" melee diamonds are. I need to figure out what size diamonds I want for the halo and if I want them bezel set in the chain as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results