shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me create a stunning necklace! Blue with a halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 5:14:24 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 10/26/2005 5:08:25 PM
Author: Matatora

Where is the lovely necklace from?
Arrgh... I should have learned my lesson by now... Well, the picture of the Gemwow spinel got painted into one of the earring settings.
7.gif

Blue goes with everything as far as I am concerned, just like blue eyes!
9.gif
Not at all! I am thrilled that you are being so helpful!
36.gif
It really does help to see things in a mounting...plus that color is soo pretty!
30.gif
The only concern is size, and if the end product will be too big.
I saw a round pendent with a dark sapphire in it diamond halo. The sapphire was too dark for my taste though and the necklace was about 3500$ which is just madness. And it would have been more to have the chain made short enough for me to wear.
14.gif

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
For that kind of money, it would depend on your center stone, and that halo could get pricey. If push comes to shove, you can use white sapphires for diamonds and most people would swear they were D-F diamonds.
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2005 5:08:25 PM

I am trying to put diamonds, at least in picture form, around below.
Perhaps I should refrain at some point. This came in response of the post cited
2.gif

The original pictures that were used came from estatediamondjewelry.com.

MoreBlue.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Oh wow! Your skills are just beyond anything! I have to ask what do you do? How did you firgure out and learn all of this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana you need to go into business girl. Those are just gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2005 6:03:33 PM

I have to ask what do you do? How did you firgure out and learn all of this.

Thanks !
3.gif
It is fun... and dangerous a bit.

I am using Paint and Ms Photo Editor for these tricks (''photoshoping'' maybe, but not with Photoshop the software - I don''t have it installed anymore).

What I am doing is actually ''collage'' - taking bits and pieces of a picture and re-assembling them in a different shape. This way the colors and other characteristics of the picture fit perfectly. Paint is perfect for this - done under 2X magnification, the result look as you see once brought back to 1X. The only use of the other program is for rotating and adjusting colors if needed or airbrushing contours.

For these above in particular, I only used Paint.

Over time I have tried other software - Corel and Rhino, but they seem too complicated and the more sophisticated the program, the longer it takes to make a drawing feel ''real''. Pictures are already realistic (well, some of them are) so it is easier to cut things and paste them together as described above. Besides, this takes a few minutes, as opposed to ~half an hour to came up with a good hand drawing, color and scan it etc.

This is the whole story.
34.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2005 6:06:05 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yay! You are too good...

It would be fun, wouldn''t it... But I am not sure there is some business of just drawing jewelry (let alone tweaking other people''s photos from the web)
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Paint! You are using paint! Wow! I have been doing the same thing and I end up with bits of white that I did not want cut and pasted with it. Hmm...I need to learn more clearly. I never knew paint could do such things. I managled another one of your drawings. Forgive me.

mangaledbykayta.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 6:16:28 PM
Author: valeria101

Date: 10/26/2005 6:06:05 PM
Author: kaleigh
Yay! You are too good...

It would be fun, wouldn''t it... But I am not sure there is some business of just drawing jewelry (let alone tweaking other people''s photos from the web)
31.gif
Seriously! I would buy it! Perhaps you could design for an existing company. You would be great at it. I am still drooling of that design in the 9ct thread, fantastic!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana, You have an amazing talent, and a very good eye for designs. Any company would be lucky to have you!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG....

Well, it''s good enough that they let me volunteer on Pricescope.
5.gif
Great company in every sense of the word if there ever was some.

[where''s that blush icon!?]
32.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What does everyone think of the one from gemwow? I like it but I am worried it might be too purple and not enough blue/grey. It is so hard to tell on a computer.
26.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your necklace idea. I just wanted to add that I have an amethyst with a diamond halo pendant and I wear it almost everyday with every kind of clothing (looks great with just a t-shirt) and it gets noticed!!! The chain loops through the back so it looks like it is floating. I love it. I think you will be so happy with yours. I cannot wait to see what you decide!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well Richard H. PMed me to offer some info about stones and settings. I think once I see those I will compare them to the gemwow stone which seems a bit purplish to me...which is a bummer. I really want blue or blue gray. (To match my eyes so I can be even more vain). It is either that or a RB pendent. .795 stone from WF. I am torn.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2005 1:29:10 AM

It is either that or a RB pendent. .795 stone from WF. I am torn.

With how cheap some of these graish spinels are relativel to the respective diamond, you could have both
9.gif

Perhaps have a blue drop detachable from the diamond...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Matatora....a little late, here, but my favorite stone posted so far is this one:
And I love Ana''s idea: One small bezeled diamond above, and bezeled (especially with milligrain) below....yum!
3.gif

widget

untitledyo27.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ana you are a naughty girl, and a terrible infulence...now I want both. Yikes!
Widget...I liked that one too, but I was out bid.
39.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I could always go for something like this which is down the middle.
dbn14206315as.jpg

Cushion 1.05 G/ VS2
48 RD Diamonds 0.53 CT total weight.
21 mm x 10 mm x 5 mm 18k WG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Where is this one from?
U391_1_TH

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/27/2005 12:16:39 PM
Where is this one from?
U391_1_TH
Walter Arnstein (thenaturalsapphirecompany). All I mentioned from there including this are listed among the ''unique'' color not ''blue''.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
ooooh, looks like we can make a winter trip to The Natural Sapphire Co, Miss Matatora! I''ve been dying to see some of their stones in person
2.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Where are they can we go today? Please I promise I will be good!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/27/2005 9:37:10 AM
I could always go for something like this which is down the middle.
dbn14206315as.jpg

Cushion 1.05 G/ VS2
48 RD Diamonds 0.53 CT total weight.
21 mm x 10 mm x 5 mm 18k WG
No one liked this eh? I am still thinking about it. It is within my 3K that I had set for myself. If given a choice of three things or less I can make a snap decision to many options make me slow and arg!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
1.53 6.54 x 6.20 300$

widget

Ideal_Rock
No one liked this eh? I am still thinking about it. It is within my 3K that I had set for myself. If given a choice of three things or less I can make a snap decision to many options make me slow and arg!
I LOVE IT
1.gif

But I also love to look at eyecandy and lots of options!

I admit it might be easier and less traumatizing to search for and find a yummy ready-made piece like the one above..
1.gif

widget

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am a pain in the bum! A while ago when I first found PS there was a gentle wanting to make a legacy knock off with a pink spinel for his GF. While I was looking at pink spinel options I came across a STUNNING gray/blue one but did not think I had any use for it. Now I wish I had it.
20.gif
Typical female I know. I am wondering if the perfect one is out there. Richard Homer sent me a few, but none of them spoke to me. The closet one is one below but is seems purplish when it is made smaller.
40.gif

To qoute Maynard I want what I want.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a 'moody blue' spinel from Cresla

6863.jpg

This might be lighter grayish blue

6877.jpg

And down the same list there is also this one:

6879.jpg

I really cannot tell why I like dark graish blue spinels but not the dark sapphires. Perhaps clarity is part of it - there doesn't seem to be that many crystal clear, large dark sapphires. And the 'blue' label on them musn't help. The things are obviously not blue as I'd expect from sapphire! Spinel doesn't encourage that sort of expectations though, and perhaps this is why I ended up associating it with my usual sympathy for tinted grays.
5.gif

Also, someone from THIS SHOP used to post around here, and they may have a couple more options either posted or not.

Just a thought...

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Matatora,

What a wonderful project you have underway. I came across a website, www.faverojewels.com
There arent a whole lot on there but there are a a few halo designs you might like to see. What I thought was pretty was the diamond stations on the chain near the pendant.

I like that sapphire from Simply Sapphire. It seems to be well priced at $378 (around there). Does anyone have an opinion on it?

Judy
:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results