shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me create a stunning necklace! Blue with a halo!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay I have been going back and forth back and forth. Do I want a diamond solitaire set in a basket. This practical, can be worn every day and will match everything. Or do I want a blue stone either sapphire or perhaps a spinel? With a diamond halo.
I do know that I would want a rounded shape, cushion or round. If I got a shape other then round I would set it east west.
I am open to suggestions as to the best way to do this.
By budget with the stone and setting would be about 3,000$ for either project.
Would it even be possible to do the blue stone with the halo for this amount? I am not sure how much such a settling would cost or who I would approach about doing it.I like ones where the pendent is stationary and part of the chain. I am leaning towards white gold because of my budget. If it is possible to do it for less that would certainly be ideal.
Thanks!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
shouldnt be a problem for under 3k.
If it were me id use a large blue zircon.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like your thinking!
2.gif
That is a nice size...but I want to stay away from the blue/green colors. I like the true blues and the ones with a hint of gray to them. But I really like the depth of the color in the stone you posted. It is very lovely.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
or even better have Richard Homer concave cut one for you :}

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I was going to say I did not like the concave cut...but hmm they are very lovely. But then the price...worth it I am sure but yikes!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the color of this one is lovely as well. I am not set on a hue of blue just yet, but I am now certain that I either want a round or cushion shape where all four side are the same...I have noticed that cushion means alot of things to diffrent people. Though I am really leaning towards a cushion shape there is just something about it that really appeals to me. And I think it would look soo pretty with a little diamond halo, not pave though. I wish I could draw. I can see exactly the outline in my mind. Silver Blue Spinel

1631-455.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2005 2:16:58 AM
Author: Matatora

Though I am really leaning towards a cushion shape there is just something about it that really appeals to me.

Cool!

m_ysp324aa.jpg
50454938078080_0.jpg
50272171528080_0.jpg
From Multicolor and HERE

And why not someone posting here: see wildfishgems.com and gemsofearth.com (''Spinel'' s shop). I remember a rather nice emerald cut purple spinel at one of these...

And I think it would look soo pretty with a little diamond halo, not pave though. I wish I could draw. I can see exactly the outline in my mind. Silver Blue Spinel

Blue spinel is often grayish - steel blue. If you like those colors (like I do), why not. It can also get as intense blue as sapphire, but... good luck finding one. On the other hand, the steel blue is not common in any other material that comes to mind. So if you are after it, spinel it is.
2.gif
Those souldn''t be expensive either for better or worse.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matatora, I made one a while ago that went something like this. This one is not for sale Just thought I'd show it as an example of another shape to consider. I think pear shapes just scream pendants .

IMG_0556_1_1.JPG

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
I had the jewler carve a design on the side and set diamonds around the edge.

IMG_0557_1_1.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I do indeed like the steel blue/grey colors. They are just draw me in. I am pretty set on the cushion shape, unless I see a round that just draws me in. When I think of cushion I am thinking of the shape below. I took the picture from Wink''s new web page. That is the shape I would like to have in a rich vibrant blue or blue gray color. I am not in any rush. This is just for me so I do not have to have it before Christmas, though it would be nice.
2.gif

If at all possible I would like for all four sides to be the same length or pretty close.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Ana could you please link me the gemsofearth web site. It wont come up when I try to google it.
That ebay site was quite spiffy, I will definately be checking their regularly. I am not dead set on silver blue, I would be open to either true blue or blue gray. I will know it when I see it.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I really like the saturation of color on this one...very pretty.
Sp1623.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 6:39:55 AM
Ana could you please link me the gemsofearth web site. It wont come up when I try to google it.

It''s http://gemsfromearth.com (rather than gemsofearth.com).

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Kismet! I imagine that will be a pretty neat site when it is all the way up. I am so exited that I am acutally going to do this.
36.gif

Does anyone have any vendor recommendations about who to make the halo? While I am looking for the stone I thought perhaps I could check out diffrent options and what not.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/25/2005 11:55:47 AM

Does anyone have any vendor recommendations about who to make the halo?
I have no recommendations, really, but ''thought you may like this setting. In my mind, it would work with any shape rather well. Just happened to see this and liked the simple twist on the ''halo'' idea :

TwistPearl.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
Oh I do! I love the golden pearl just resting in it, makes me think of a book title (no one laugh but Tears of the Moon).
Miss Ana you have fantastic taste!
36.gif
When I get rich and famous as the next Dr. Phil I am going to hire you to design me oddles of jewelry.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not to impressive with paint, but this is a very messy kind of rendering of what I am thinking of in my head. I took the spinel from ebay and tried to wrap it with diamonds. I love the way my cross is set so I took those stones from their web page and tried to do a halo.
28.gif
Tried being the opertive word. Can anyone see, using lots or your imagination of course, what I am thinking of?

attemptatbluedream.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Bid on the ebay stone, but I lost it in class.
7.gif
I wish there were more sites for spinel...when I google I mostly get education stuff.
40.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I have been looking at GemWow. What do ya''ll think of this cushion?
p10428_1.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am unsure about the size, I want something that I can wear daily and have it look nice with everything. I want it to sit in the hollow of my neck and sparkle happily. Am I asking for too much?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
These are some of the pictures I have been borrowing from. I cannot be 100% certain of the color, I dont want it too dark I am after a blue or blue gray but still rich. The color of my bedroom the fourth time I lived in Texas comes to mind, that would be nearly perfect if I can find pictures.
28.gif
I like the double prongs on the one from the Asha page. And the last has a little something that makes it seem nicer less mall storish.

necklacethoughts.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that one... these cold blue/grays are among my usual colors - I think they work with anything and blend well together. I would expect the stone to be a tad more graish and end up a shade darker once set. Something fresh looking and lovely without being too formal. A stryking blue that size would be 'formal' for me simply because of the value orders of magniture higher. Of course, that is just me...

But, how about THIS square blue sapphire? Blue spinel is nice, but you may forgot about the pendant & all by the time you find one that is not gray like this one (if this is a concern at all).

With a square cushion shape in mind, a couple of light blues came up:

U445_1_TH
U391_1_TH
around 2 cts. And there are others around there too.

It is easier to pick up non-traditional choices for myself. 'Blue' means a certain something, and this comes close, IMO.

U347_1_th
It is a color change bit, and this means double-fortunate to me. At 6-7mm it would definitely fit very conservative wearing conditions... 'Cheap' too!
38.gif

Copy__2__of_B119_1.80_a.jpg
This is smaller wild fish
1.gif

Returning to the 'large and light' option: the small 'halo' pendants make sense for diamonds because the setting makes the usual small stone into a common-sense part of the larger piece. But this light color spinel may not need all that much help in the size department. If you like the halo style for its own sake, that is another story, of course. Anyway, 8mm does not sound all that big for a pendant after all. The halo would make it quite a bit larger though. Sure about that part?

What works where and how is really just a personal choice, I would think. It has been ages since I had any use for a necklace and even then, it would be some sort of beads for me. So... my opinion shouldn't matter here. It just feels good to chatter
5.gif

Just for fun:

Do you think the light spinel would look good in a pendant shaped like one of these earrings?

Earrings_3.37ct_Cushion.jpg

These should be allot easier to make in gold rather than platinum, definitely not breaking the budget, IMO.

Now, I can't possibly know how close the picture is to the actual color of the spinel. It would bea esy to rqualize gamma until the background looks white instead of violetish, but than, I have no serious reason to believe that this will makes things closer to reality instead of just turning everything gray. If there is a return policy... You know.

VioletDrop.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Miss Ana you bring up a ton of great points! I really do want this pendent for everyday wear. Which is the only thing holding me back I am somewhat afriad it will look "goofy" with polo shirts. Maybe I would be "better" off with a diamond but blue is my favorite color Where is the lovely necklace from? I like the milgrain detailing. I do not want a huge halo just a thin one, maybe on or two bezel set stones in the chain. I am trying to put diamonds, at least in picture form, around below.

alterationsonbluetiful.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2005 5:08:25 PM

Where is the lovely necklace from?
Arrgh... I should have learned my lesson by now... Well, the picture of the Gemwow spinel got painted into one of the earring settings.
7.gif

Blue goes with everything as far as I am concerned, just like blue eyes!
9.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I''m getting closer....I think.

alterationsonbluetifuldiamonds.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results