shape
carat
color
clarity

My 16th Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Okay so technically I am 22. However for my sweet 16 my father gave me a lovely ring which I thought ya''ll might enjoy. I wish I knew more about it. It is an aquamarine (my birthstone) emerald cut, surrounded my rb diamonds set in a platinum band. I have never seen another aquamarine quite like this one and I really love it!

16bday.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes! The ring is from Tiffany and Co!

16ring.JPG

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
wow that is a gorgous ring. It is such a beautiful blue color.
Since its Tiffanys, I am sure the diamonds sparkle like crazy on it. The auqamarine must be a very high quality as well.
They dont have too many aquamarine rings there but the ones they do are gorgous and that certainly is no exception.
congrads

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! An aqua ring is on my dream list- I bet it''s amazing in person! You sure have a nice daddy- mine would never think of jewelry but did give me a restored 68 mustang for my sweet 16, so I couldn''t complain
3.gif
. Didn''t he also give you a breitling watch? Sounds like your dad has some great taste!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That is an amazing ring!
30.gif
Thanks for sharing.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ya''ll. Yes my daddy is a very nice man. I am always wanting to go and play dress up with all of my mothers stuff.
31.gif
He tends to be an in and out guy though so since our local mall has a Tiffanys that tends to be where her gifts are from. I am only a little jealous. He he. Anyway I just love that ring and though I dont wear it often since I am college right now I really enjoy it...I think on my wedding day that will be my something blue.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2005 2:08:34 PM
Author: Matatora
I think on my wedding day that will be my something blue.
How perfect!
1.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
very beautiful
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice!
36.gif

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Very nice darker blue. Good taste.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just lovely, thanks for sharing it with us.
30.gif
36.gif

Gale

Shiny_Rock
Oooohh Matatora! What a beautiful ring. Do you wear it often?

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2005 2:08:34 PM
I think on my wedding day that will be my something blue.

I love that idea!!! its a beautiful ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/14/2005 8:46:22 PM
Author: Gale
Oooohh Matatora! What a beautiful ring. Do you wear it often?
No I really dont, I am in college and I volunteer 6 days a week with under privelged children. It seems a little unfair to wear something like that into thr classrooms. It feels like showing off which isnt really my style. However I wore it to prom and sometimes when I am in NJ I will wear it aroudn the house. It is hard to tell from the pictures (they were from my scanner since I dont want to put my cameras software on my rents comp) but the ring is actually guite large a little over an inch top to bottom about half an inch left to right. I do love it though.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous deep color on that one!
30.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
New shots, with a camera rather then a scanner.

aquahalodiaplattiffanyco.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Somehow, every round of pictures shows an even more beautiful aquamarine just when I''d think there''s no better
9.gif

I''m crazy about them aquas anyway....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

sparklybluefire.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I dont wear the matching earings often but they are fantastic as well. Yummy!
18.gif
I will post pictures next time I have them on.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Hand shot...getting ready to do my nails, excuse them please.

handshotofmyfirstbluebaby.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
In the box waiting to be worn...

intheboxwaiting.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the new pics really shows the color well. I also have an aquamarine ring that my grandmother gave me it''s 12 carats and way too much for my little hands. It is in the safety deposit box waiting for my daughter to turn 21. She has lovely long slender fingers. Your ring is just beautiful, what a sweet and thoughtful father you have Matatora.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
My Daddy is the best, but I think he spoiled me a wee bit.
2.gif

I thought I would want an EC for my engagment ring if it was the size of that one or larger, but as it turns out to get a diamond EC that size it would need to be about 3.5cts...and that is not happening.
I dont suppose you want to post that 12ct blue for us...please?

ETA: Okay I was wrong 6ct diamond...oh that would hot!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next time Nan comes to visit, I''ll get it out of the bank and have her take some pics. It is set just like yours.
1.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful aquamarine. Hold on to that one! I was thinking of getting an aquamarine stone of that color for my sister, but they are very pricey.
In Europe, aquamarine is used as an engagement ring stone; I wonder if that drives up the price for the deeper blue ones.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I would NEVER do anything with this stone. My father gave it to me becuase things in our family go to the first daugther and I am the second, so this will be mine to give to my second on her 16th b-day. Which will never happen becuase the closest I am getting to kids is Boston Terriers and they dont need my birthstone.
Most aquas I have seen are not this deep, it is even more intense in person. I think the lighter blue ones are pretty cheap, since they are my birthstone I happen to have a ton of them. Earring, bracelets, necklace other rings...but none of them have that same ohhh effect that the ring does, not even the other peices from Tiffanys. If you find one that dark I would day it is worth the money for something so deep and lovely.
30.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2005 12:15:51 PM

If you find one that dark I would day it is worth the money for something so deep and lovely.

... like the little pendant-oriented round on the other thread ?
31.gif

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Matatora, That is a beautiful aqua ring. Aquamarine of that tone, saturation is kinda hard to come by. I was lucky enough to find one although mine is not quite as clean as yours. I posted pictures under title of blue aquamarine.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I did like that one Miss Ana!
18.gif
But if I was going to do a aqau necklace I would want this one. It is dreamy!
17334514_2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2005 8:47:31 PM

if I was going to do a aqau necklace I would want this one. It is dreamy!
He, he! I see.... Wow! There is allot more to that piece than the aquamarine content
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results