shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help! 2 Options

tyer

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I currently have 2 options that I am debating on...which one would you choose? Option 2 is ~$1,600 more expensive

Option1:

Carat 1.2
Clarity SI1
Cut Excellent
Colour G
Table % 58.5
Depth % 61.8
Measurement 6.78-6.83x4.21
Crown 33.4
Pavillion 41.5

Option 2:
Carat 1.2
Clarity Vs2
Cut Excellent
Colour H
Table % 59.3
Depth % 60.9
Measurement 6.90 - 6.95 X 4.11
HCA 1.3
Crown ?
Pavillion ?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not enough information for either stone to make a recommendation. Please post the full gia reports.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would choose neither one. You can do better.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

tyer

Rough_Rock
Not enough information for either stone to make a recommendation. Please post the full gia reports.

I have attached the reports below :)

Attachments

• cert 265738311.pdf
    358.8 KB · Views: 70
  • cert6315405704.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 47

tyer

Rough_Rock
I personally would choose neither one. You can do better.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

Thanks, but the shop told me that the specs that I have is already going to be really good. Should I really be aiming for something this ideal?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We aren’t trying to sell you anything but want to help you find a well cut stone.

The shop is trying to sell you a particular choice of only two (not well cut) stones.

Can we help you, or will the shop be helping you?

The people on Pricescope and the guy at the shop are at cross purposes.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have attached the reports below :)
Thanks for sharing.

None of these options would be my pick. The first stone is an IGI which is not always a consisten and reliable lab, so you really can’t be sure what you are getting in terms of color and clarity. I would avoid that stone.

The second stone is a GIA, but it doesn’t have option proportions, although the angles work. It is a 60/60 stone and it has a shallower crown angle. Fire will be compromised, but it will appear as a bright stone.

Are you open to shopping online? What is your budget? We can show you other options to consider.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree that i wouldn't choose eirther and think you can do better.

tyer

Rough_Rock
We aren’t trying to sell you anything but want to help you find a well cut stone.

The shop is trying to sell you a particular choice of only two (not well cut) stones.

Can we help you, or will the shop be helping you?

The people on Pricescope and the guy at the shop are at cross purposes.
that is true.... I don't know enough about diamonds.

I just see that the specs are close enough. it is great to have a community that can provide a second opinion

tyer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing.

None of these options would be my pick. The first stone is an IGI which is not always a consisten and reliable lab, so you really can’t be sure what you are getting in terms of color and clarity. I would avoid that stone.

The second stone is a GIA, but it doesn’t have option proportions, although the angles work. It is a 60/60 stone and it has a shallower crown angle. Fire will be compromised, but it will appear as a bright stone.

Are you open to shopping online? What is your budget? We can show you other options to consider.
I am open to shopping online. My budget is about $9-11k CDN

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I* would not choose either and I* would walk from this seller.

Let folks help you. We have your budget. Does that include setting, or diamond only? What kind of settting are you looking for? Do you know her ring size?

What are your desired specs? Color, clarity, size?

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What are you looking for specifically? Diamond colour? Is she colour sensitive? Diamond size you would like? Does the budget include a ring? If so what kind of ring? If you want a ring, what style does your gf want? Finger size? Metal? Is a future upgrade an important factor for you?

** $9 Canadian (approx. $6700 US) - $11000 (approx. $8200 US ).

This info will help narrow down some choices. Neither of those 2 diamonds are a good choice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, the specs are not close enough. We are saying that the specs need to be within the measurements I posted above. This jeweler is not doing you any favors. They apparently have two stones for you to choose from, and neither is in the ideal cut range. You'll likely overpay, as well. It is good that you found Pricescope before buying because we can help you find the best stones for your budget. Hopefully she'll wear the ring the rest of her life. I think it's worth exploring further to find a really nice diamond.

tyer

Rough_Rock
What are you looking for specifically? Diamond colour? Is she colour sensitive? Diamond size you would like? Does the budget include a ring? If so what kind of ring? If you want a ring, what style does your gf want? Finger size? Metal? Is a future upgrade an important factor for you?

** $9 Canadian (approx. $6700 US) - $11000 (approx. $8200 US ).

This info will help narrow down some choices. Neither of those 2 diamonds are a good choice.

wow...this community is awesome.

I am looking for
Carat: 1.1- 1.2
Colour: G-I
Cut: Excellent- GIAxxx
Prefers no colour
Platinum ring (size 4??), 4 prong, pave ring setting
Budget does not include the ring

Thanks!!

tyer

Rough_Rock
Actually, the specs are not close enough. We are saying that the specs need to be within the measurements I posted above. This jeweler is not doing you any favors. They apparently have two stones for you to choose from, and neither is in the ideal cut range. You'll likely overpay, as well. It is good that you found Pricescope before buying because we can help you find the best stones for your budget. Hopefully she'll wear the ring the rest of her life. I think it's worth exploring further to find a really nice diamond.

yea, I am really glad that I found pricescope. I was about to pull the trigger on it too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here are a few between $6700-8200 US. All top quality AGS Ideal Cut. Whiteflash also has a large selection of nice quality settings. I bought my diamond earrings from them and have been to their physical showroom. They can pull diamonds you like and take pictures comparing them, too.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4089370.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095771.htm

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4022601.htm

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Tyer,

I found a few on Blue Nile but really wasn't wow'd by a lot of them. I haven't checked James Allen cause their search page is just frustrating me. LOL I'm sure others will chime in.

Put a hold on this stone ** ASAP ** . Lurkers will grab the stone out from under you. You will have the weekend to think about it as they are closed till Monday. Get on Live chat & have someone hold it. They will have the cert up by Monday as the stone is new. Their notes say the stone is eye clean from 6 inches. It's a really nice lively SI-1. It misses the A Cut Above designation because the hearts a bit off. This will not translate to live viewing issues. The stone is a stunner plus a good value, especially for Whiteflash. Register an account & get more of a discount. I think $50? I can't remember.

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4095774.htm

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL DS, I'm surprised I didn't bump into you on the search. Hahaha
All nice stones, like that H.

Again, any stones you like, get on live chat & talk to discuss them.

tyer

Rough_Rock
Hi Tyer,

I found a few on Blue Nile but really wasn't wow'd by a lot of them. I haven't checked James Allen cause their search page is just frustrating me. LOL I'm sure others will chime in.

Put a hold on this stone ** ASAP ** . Lurkers will grab the stone out from under you. You will have the weekend to think about it as they are closed till Monday. Get on Live chat & have someone hold it. They will have the cert up by Monday as the stone is new. Their notes say the stone is eye clean from 6 inches. It's a really nice lively SI-1. It misses the A Cut Above designation because the hearts a bit off. This will not translate to live viewing issues. The stone is a stunner plus a good value, especially for Whiteflash. Register an account & get more of a discount. I think $50? I can't remember.

Since this is an "I" colour, do you think it will look yellow? Or you can't tell with the naked eye the difference between I and H

Thanks

tyer

Rough_Rock
Hi Tyer,

This one also has a lot of twinning

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one also has a lot of twinning
In a white flash ES it shouldnt cause issues, but you should ask them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results