shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of the ring from WF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
attached... hope it helps.

ETA: misspelled!! it's Matatora's rings...

allMMG2.jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:02:07 PM
Author: jcrow
The picture shows the close up of my ring the first time when I get it back from WF if you would like I will take more pictures. I ought to be getting some more photos from them soon.

Lynn, Yes it will be able to sit flush. I went to try some on just to double check!

-Matatora

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Jcrow,

AWESOME collage! Thank you! Now I think everyone will be able to clearly see the difference(s) between the heads. It really IS significant. Hmmmmm. It will be interesting and fun to see how this all ends up!

Thanks again for your hard work in Photoshop!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I am SERIOUSLY impressed!

Lynn

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mat,

The HEAD didn''t change when WF re-made the rings though, did it?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:06:08 PM
Author: Matatora

The picture shows the close up of my ring the first time when I get it back from WF if you would like I will take more pictures. I ought to be getting some more photos from them soon.

Lynn, Yes it will be able to sit flush. I went to try some on just to double check!

-Matatora

i think i posted pics of your eternity e-ring too...

Lynn B-- no prob.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Lynn,
I am not sure actually, if so it would have been the same style. They said they would need to remake it, but I don’t know if they did. It is back there now being stamped (plat and WF) at Chubb’s request and instead of tightening the prongs again they are building a new head. I should have it back in another week or so.
-Matatora

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:11:16 PM

Date: 3/6/2006 10:06:08 PM

-Matatora

i think i posted pics of your eternity e-ring too...

Lynn B-- no prob.
-jcrow
You did, it is just that the close up is of the first time around, and I am not sure if it is the same, even though it looked that way to me!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:12:21 PM
Lynn,

I am not sure actually, if so it would have been the same style. They said they would need to remake it, but I don’t know if they did. It is back there now being stamped (plat and WF) at Chubb’s request and instead of tightening the prongs again they are building a new head. I should have it back in another week or so.

-Matatora

Whoaaaa! I must have missed something while I was on vacation! You need to have your head rebuilt???!!! Why? What happened?!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
(side question for Matatora--- how wide (mm.) are your rings that are getting stamped with WF info, and exactly what are they stamping? i wanted this done to mine too... but they didn't)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Matatora--- OMG!!! i totally misspelled your name in all of those pics. I AM SOOO SORRY!! i copied and pasted but musta left the A off... argh!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mat's head looks very diff to me from gonzo's or mine...i definitely think you got the stuller solstice gonzo, see the base thickness of the prongs? mat's is more like lynn's shaved out thin all the way through prongs.

don't see why you couldnt have had the same head as mat...are you sure that's what they knew you wanted and it was confirmed all the way around?

i can't stress the importance all the way around of confirming and double confirming when people are making custom rings, getting waxes, etc. just to ensure everyone is always on the same page. it's hard for people to take what is inside someone's head and make it reality in my opinion, and terminology gets thrown around...for a while i thought peghead was something different than what it was (thanks lynn!)...hee hee.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Lynn,
Umm the day I got my ring back by the time I got to my luncheon the stone was loose again. I tried not to let it bother me but it was making me mental. So I sent it to them to be tightened before have it appraised. When they got it they wrote to say that they would be recreating out the head instead. “In order to try and reduce the likelihood of the prongs loosening up, we have decided to rebuild the seat and prongs.”
Jcrow-
My rings are 2.3mm wide I believe, at first the metal was not stamped but my insurance company was uncomfortable with that. So I asked and they were hesitant but V spoke with Lesley and now I will be getting a thin plate (because of the holes in the band) with the metal marking at least. Here is a quote from Lesley to Jeff. “As requested, we will be inserting a thin plate in the inside of the ring and will let you know if we are able to stamp 950 plat. and the WF logo. You have indicated that you need the platinum content over the WF stamp.”

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
(hum... mine were initially 2.5 mm and now are going to be 2.3 mm. there''s no holes because it''s a solid metal band with out dimonds on it... maybe i''ll ask again. thanks.)

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:18:40 PM
Matatora--- OMG!!! i totally misspelled your name in all of those pics. I AM SOOO SORRY!! i copied and pasted but musta left the A off... argh!
No worries!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Mat, just let me know if you would like me to remove this post from the thread but since PMing is gone, I have no way to ask you if it is OK to talk about...

I was told by WF that they STRONGLY reccomended that I not go with the same shaved down head as on your ring b/c you were/are having a lot of trouble with the stone coming loose. They also told me that you have the exact same head as I do now, mine is just not as shaved down (which means they are telling me that yours is the struck solstice as well). I am very confused b/c it does not look that way you me at all (And it seems like you, Mara and Lynn agree). It looks like that not only are your prongs shaved down more but the base of your head is not as heffty as mine. (I like my prongs the thickness they are but I wanted the base like your so the w-ring would sit near to flush). They also told me that mine w-ring will not be able to sit flush and neither will yours.

You can see where I am confused b/c we are seeing one thing (and Mat is backing it up) and WF is telling me something completely different.

Again, I feel like I need to stress the fact that I think it is a beautiful ring - but I am very confused/worried/upset because I feel like this process should not have been so difficult.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Lynn B---yeh i missed it too! i did a search for her ring and found the eternity remade one! i had no idea!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:32:28 PM
Author: Gonzodogg
Mat, just let me know if you would like me to remove this post from the thread but since PMing is gone, I have no way to ask you if it is OK to talk about...

I was told by WF that they STRONGLY reccomended that I not go with the same shaved down head as on your ring b/c you were/are having a lot of trouble with the stone coming loose. They also told me that you have the exact same head as I do now, mine is just not as shaved down (which means they are telling me that yours is the struck solstice as well). I am very confused b/c it does not look that way you me at all (And it seems like you, Mara and Lynn agree). It looks like that not only are your prongs shaved down more but the base of your head is not as heffty as mine. (I like my prongs the thickness they are but I wanted the base like your so the w-ring would sit near to flush). They also told me that mine w-ring will not be able to sit flush and neither will yours.

You can see where I am confused b/c we are seeing one thing (and Mat is backing it up) and WF is telling me something completely different.

Again, I feel like I need to stress the fact that I think it is a beautiful ring - but I am very confused/worried/upset because I feel like this process should not have been so difficult.
Gonzo
It had better not be since they have charged me for a custom head twice now...
Also you would think they would tell me the same things they are telling you I even asked Lesley if I needed to have it changed to something else like a six prong and she said no, this is somewhere between distressing, confusing, and annoying.
If you have something you would like to ask and don’t feel comfortable posting here my AIM screen name is the same and I would be happy to answer you there or give you my email address.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 10:38:59 PM

Gonzo
It had better not be since they have charged me for a custom head twice now...
Also you would think they would tell me the same things they are telling you I even asked Lesley if I needed to have it changed to something else like a six prong and she said no, this is somewhere between distressing, confusing, and annoying.
If you have something you would like to ask and don’t feel comfortable posting here my AIM screen name is the same and I would be happy to answer you there or give you my email address.
Thanks Mat-
I could not agree more.
I might be IMing you. I wrote a VERY long email to WF tonight expessing all of my concerns with this entire process and we''ll see how they respond to that before I do anything else.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

i am in the same boat with them too. they are reworking my ring too. the first time we didn't see waxes either... we've already spoken with them about it and they are trying to fix the situation.

one of my puzzlements is making a ring sit flush.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gonzo have you spoken to WF today re: your thoughts?

I would also caution not to get too worked up about it all until you do talk to them in case you haven''t...good luck!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gonzo,
I would call WF tomorrow and ask to speak to Leon. He was a great help to me. I hope this all works out. Good luck!!!
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Gonzo, Like I said before, I think you are worrying over nothing. I''d hate for you to have to pay for them to redo your ring if you have not even seen it in person yet.

When they were making your ring, did you ask them to make sure it sits flush? My ring is very similar to yours and sits practically flush when up against my e-ring. As far as I can tell, it''s the same head as yours.

JellyRingk9B.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my "headshot"
1.gif

JellyHeadshot.jpg

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Another

JellyHeadshot2.jpg

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 1:01:33 AM
Author: Jelly
Gonzo, Like I said before, I think you are worrying over nothing. I''d hate for you to have to pay for them to redo your ring if you have not even seen it in person yet.

When they were making your ring, did you ask them to make sure it sits flush? My ring is very similar to yours and sits practically flush when up against my e-ring. As far as I can tell, it''s the same head as yours.
Jelly
Your head and rings look great. I reallly like you prongs. I definately made it very clear that one of the most important things to me was the rings sit flush (or very close to flush).

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just for posterity''s take, I wanted to note that it does not look like Jelly has the Solstice head....that looks like a knife edge V head to me..more like the Tiffany 4 prong on WF''s site.

There are so many head options out there...keep us posted on what WF says Gonzo.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 11:56:48 AM
Author: Mara

...There are so many head options out there...

Ain't that the truth?!!

Does anyone know if there is a site anywhere that you can view a vast variety/assortment of heads (with name/description) -- basically all in one place??? I know it could never include all the modifications and variations... but still, I think it could be quite helpful.

It never ceases to amaze me how something as important as the head that will be holding the diamond often gets "overlooked" ... or even treated as an afterthought by some customers and even some vendors.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I have seen that...It is hard to tell in those pictures what kind of head she has.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i was noticing that the two bands don''t sit completely flush.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results