shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of the ring from WF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
So after many months of reading and deliberation and being very picky, WF has completed my ring!
Check out my other thread for all the stone specs and oher fun stuff...
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-turn-thank-you-all-so-much.39263/=

It is ALMOST exactly what I wanted!
I say almost because I am still not too sure about the head and I really need some opinions...

I ordered a 4 prong "solstice" (buttercup) style head.
I am not sure it will bother me once it is in my hand but what do you all think of the space in between the stone and the prongs? I feel like there is a lot of uneeded/wasted space there... agree or disagree? I feel like the prongs are rounded out so much more than I thought they were going to be and that the stone is set higher than I wanted. Am I being too picky? Is it even possible to change at this point?

I know that I am splitting hairs and let me just say I already love it and I know my girlfriend will too, but I just want it to be PERFECT!

Ladies, you have been so great in helping me so far...let me know what you think.

Thanks
Mike

MBGONZALEZ.jpg

janf

Rough_Rock
Mike--

I think it looks beautiful as is.

Janf :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks perfect and it is an absolutely gorgeous ring!!!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a fabulous ring!! Beautiful!!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous as is!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! I think the head is perfect. I''ve always loved the solstice setting.
36.gif

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
It''s absolutely stunning! You got a gorgeous ring and stone!
36.gif

It does look like it sits a bit high, but I doubt it will look like that on.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks gorgeous ... but I''m trying to understand what you''re reacting to about it. Do you think the stone is "floating" up higher, leaving space below the stone? My sister''s ring is like this and I think she likes that it is high up & floating. I tend to like things sunken down more (but the stone looks less large from the top view that way) Tradeoffs tradeoffs.

I think you''ve picked a lovely setting & done such a good job one the whole deal BTW. Congrats!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ring. I love the taller head on it. It looks perfect to me.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, I forgot to add that this way the whole stone is visible from the side, which is always a good look.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have a picture of the profile? It is hard to tell how much space there really is in those photos.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mike,
i tell you...it is sooo hard to judge the final product by the pictures. they tend to exaggerate things and even show things that might not really be there. i think it looks fine, and you should wait to see it before making any changes but if it''s going to bother you from now until you get it, then maybe you should give them a call to see if anything can be done. when do you get it btw?
20.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pics do tend to exaggerate things trust me. I'm with belle. I'd get it and see it before making any changes to it. Personally I think it looks awesome!!!
2.gif

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 7:42:23 PM
Author: kaleigh
Pics do tend to exagerate things trust me. I''m with belle. I''d get it and see it before making any changes to it. Personally I think it looks awesome!!!
2.gif
Ditto!!
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks fabulous!!!! just beautiful. re: how high the diamond is in the prongs, you can have them lower it, that may be the ''high solstice'', there is a medium as well which i think is what i have, also i had them stretch a smaller head to fit my larger stone so i can barely see the culet at all now in this setting. but if you want it a little lower, have them do it, no biggie.

it looks like the stuller 4 prong...which is not technically a ''buttercup''...i think that alot of this terminology is confusing but a solstice head is a pre-made head, not custom, it just gets plunked down and a stone fills it. i have a solstice head.

the buttercup head is more like LLL''s head where it kind of flows out from a central point and rounds out.

hard to explain but there are differences..they aren''t super different a nd many probably could not tell the difference!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if it bothers you, have them lower it a bit, but I think it looks fabulous
30.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
What a scrumptious ring! Just beautiful!!!

Heather

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woah how in the world did they get a 7.75 diameter out of a 1.68 stone?! Amazing! I don''t see a hint of color in this I stone. And the setting is just perfect as is! Don''t worry about the spacing, prong shape, etc. We all wanna see more pictures!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s going to be amazing...I agree with everyone - alert the vendor about your concerns - ask them to give their opinion and if they feel it''s lovely then I would first admire it in person before making changes. It''s so hard to tell from pictures - everything usually looks huge...

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 7:38:47 PM
Author: belle
mike,
i tell you...it is sooo hard to judge the final product by the pictures. they tend to exaggerate things and even show things that might not really be there. i think it looks fine, and you should wait to see it before making any changes but if it''s going to bother you from now until you get it, then maybe you should give them a call to see if anything can be done. when do you get it btw?
20.gif
Thank you all for the encouraging feedback... I do really love the ring as is, but like I said I have just put so much time and effort into this that I want it to be exactly perfect.

Just to clarify, the "space" I am talking about is not only under the diamond that looks like it sits rather high, but also to the sides of the stone. I have seen other custom heads similar to mine (like Matadora''s) and it seems like the "buttercup" almost touches the entire pavilion.

I figured that the pictures would make any space look much larger than it is because of how much they zoom in so I will probably take all your advice and get the ring in my hands before making the decision to change it, I was just trying to avoid the hassle/worry/and cost of sending it back an forth.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock

Here is a picture of Matadora''s custom head. My prongs are a slightly different shape but do you see what I mean about the "buttercup" being closer on all sides of the stone?

Hey, Mat, if you''re out there, I would love your input on this too!

mats.jpg

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
If it''s not what you want, then definitely have it modified. But I do have to say it''s georgous as-is!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
mike,
when do you get it btw?
20.gif
Well it is all paid for so I think I get it whenever I want, right?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 10:49:34 PM
Author: Gonzodogg

mike,
when do you get it btw?
20.gif
Well it is all paid for so I think I get it whenever I want, right?
right!
36.gif

tomorrow?
20.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Well my girlfriend and I are seeing each other this weekend (right now I live in Connecticut and she is in DC) so I think it would be kind of weird for me to just slip away and fo to Fed Ex. Plus, I have BIG plans for my proposal (over Easter weekend visiting her family in Michigan) and if I pick up the ring while she is here I''m not sure I will be able to keep it to myself. As it is, it will be soooo hard for me to sit on such a fantastic ring for over a month.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
>>

Well, if you need someone to "babysit" that beauty for a month or so (what size did you say it was again?), I''m here for ya!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm... I think I see what you mean. Although it really is hard to tell from photos (at least for me!)

Well, personally, I definitely prefer the look of the diamond really "filling up" the head. Diamonds that sit up real high inside a head, just kind of "hanging" there -- with the sides and the culet of the diamond pretty far away from any metal are not my personal favorite look.

I do agree that you may be surprised when you see it in person, though... those magnified photos exagerate EVERYTHING. Real life is much different.

Keep us posted! And oh, I almost forgot -- GORGEOUS RING, and KILLER diamond!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
LOL. It''s a 4.75 but I think I may just have to start a new trend and wear that sucker around on my pinky for a month.
emwink.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 11:22:52 PM
Author: Gonzodogg
LOL. It''s a 4.75 but I think I may just have to start a new trend and wear that sucker around on my pinky for a month.
emwink.gif

Hmmmmm, that''s exactly MY size, you know... wanna drop it off in PA on your way home? I''ll take veeeeeeeerrrrrry good care of it, I promise!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 11:21:20 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hmmmm... I think I see what you mean. Although it really is hard to tell from photos (at least for me!)

Well, personally, I definitely prefer the look of the diamond really ''filling up'' the head. Diamonds that sit up real high inside a head, just kind of ''hanging'' there -- with the sides and the culet of the diamond pretty far away from any metal are not my personal favorite look.

I do agree that you may be surprised when you see it in person, though... those magnified photos exagerate EVERYTHING. Real life is much different.

Keep us posted! And oh, I almost forgot -- GORGEOUS RING, and KILLER diamond!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lynn
Thanks Lynn! You have been the BIGGEST help over the past few months. It was YOUR RING that I first really fell in love with and decided to go with Whiteflash and the shared prong style.

"Filling up the head" is a perfect way to explain the look that I am hoping for.

Thanks again. I will keep everyone posted.

SIDE NOTE:
I just emailed Renee@whiteflash about my *latest* concern and request for side view pics but I probably wont hear anything back until Monday right?
(Hey John Q - if you are reading this and can give me some insider info - I am totally OK with you commenting on this thread)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results