shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of the ring from WF!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
te:[/b] 3/3/2006 11:31:13 PM
Author: Gonzodogg
Thanks Lynn! You have been the BIGGEST help over the past few months. It was YOUR RING that I first really fell in love with and decided to go with Whiteflash and the shared prong style.

[/quote]

Awwwww, gee, thanks, Mike.
2.gif
It was my pleasure.

Lynn

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
I can see exactly what you are talking about because it is something I don''t care for either. You could bring it in and maybe get the stone dropped down a little lower but I have no clue what that might entail if they have to get rid of some of the prong???? Or how long. Maybe you should call and ask them about it and see what WF says? Either way it is a gorgeous ring, and this way you can see and admire the whole diamond. I guess its up to what you want and prefer, but I see what you are saying, and if it were my ring I would ask about changing it. Good luck!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gonzo...it''s really not a huge deal to have the stone dropped down a bit and the head fixed a bit....if that is what you want then just ask for it. My stone right now actually fills my entire head of the ring because I had them fill my old smaller head with a much larger stone. This is the max capacity basically but it lets my head sit lower and I can barely see my culet. I''ll try to see if I have a picture.

Can''t wait to see hand pictures!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here is a pic i found...it shows what i am talking about but i wish you could see how much of the head my stone fills. anyway there is hardly any space. personally i wish there was a tiny bit more space because it''s harder to clean by hand (i use my US for the most part anyway) than when there IS more space and you can get a small brush in to scrub the pavilion of the stone. so keep that in mind too.

side view rings 0305b.JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
YAY! I was so excited to see your ring! It''s beautiful...another supersized version of mine!
3.gif

I have the same head style as Matatora. I think you are pulling hairs over nothing. Your girl will love it. It''s perfect and I doubt she''ll want to change one thing about it.

Are you getting the matching wedding band?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Mike.
can''t wait for the hand pics.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love it. I do see what you mean, but I''m not sure I would change it based on super-magnified pics. Bottom line: do what you feel you must. Good luck on your proposal.

shay

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mike
great job,beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

i see what you mean about the setting. i do think a high setting will make the stone look bigger.on teh other hand, a high setting will get caught on her clothes and hair easier than a low setting.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 10:08:39 PM

Here is a picture of Matadora''s custom head. My prongs are a slightly different shape but do you see what I mean about the ''buttercup'' being closer on all sides of the stone?

Hey, Mat, if you''re out there, I would love your input on this too!

Gonzo,
I do see what you are talking about, after looking at all the shared prong styles here on PS, none of them really made me go WOW! So I asked for a custom head, the cost was not great but the difference in appearance (at least to me) is major. I really like the head on my ring, the tiny little prong tips and the way the head is very fluid looking to me. I would not want my stone set quite like that. However heads on rings are definitely a matter of preference. Does your girl like higher or lower set rings? Will the current head allow a wedding band to sit flush with the e-ring? Did Whiteflash ever send you any additional photos?
Sorry for taking so long to respond, I have been cutting back my time on the computer.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I requested pictures from the side and they just came in.
It is hard to tell exactly high high the diamond is "floating" because evertyhing is so white (not a bad thing) but after seeing this, it does not look as high as had thought from the first set of pictures.
Anyone have any new thoughts after seeing this??

MGonzalez_side.jpg

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 9:06:14 AM
Author: Matatora

Date: 3/3/2006 10:08:39 PM

Hey, Mat, if you''re out there, I would love your input on this too!

Gonzo,
I do see what you are talking about, after looking at all the shared prong styles here on PS, none of them really made me go WOW! So I asked for a custom head, the cost was not great but the difference in appearance (at least to me) is major. I really like the head on my ring, the tiny little prong tips and the way the head is very fluid looking to me. I would not want my stone set quite like that. However heads on rings are definitely a matter of preference. Does your girl like higher or lower set rings? Will the current head allow a wedding band to sit flush with the e-ring? Did Whiteflash ever send you any additional photos?

Sorry for taking so long to respond, I have been cutting back my time on the computer.
Mat,
I had the same feeling about most of the heads that I saw so I decided to go with a custom head similar to the one that you had made. After being advised by Leon that the security of the stone might be an issue with what I orriginally wanted, I decided on what he called the "solstice" head and I asked him to make is as close to yours as possible without worrying about security. (This is what he made). He also told me that with this choice, the band would NOT be able to sit flush (which I am very dissapointed about) but that was a trade of for having the custom solstice head that I like.
No other pictures were ever sent to me... should there have been?

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I will say this about my experience so far with WF...
I feel that I was very clear in what I wanted in my ring and so far it has not gone as smoothly as I would have liked, however, I really do get the feeling that they will all continue to work with me until the ring is exactly how I want it to be.

I wanted just to clarify that so that people reading this who are new to PS do not get a bad impression of WF - they really are all extemely helpful and driven to produce exactly what I want.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gonzo, call me on crack but that head looks like a typical Stuller solstice head, doesn't look custom to me. I would try to confirm this with WF.

It also doesn't look like it's floating that high, it may not be even noticeable in person!

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 4:34:27 PM
Author: Mara
Gonzo, call me on crack but that head looks like a typical Stuller solstice head, doesn't look custom to me. I would try to confirm this with WF.

It also doesn't look like it's floating that high, it may not be even noticeable in person!
I am trying to sort that out right now... question... would a "custom" head be made from scratch or is it a changed version of a previously struck head?

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2006 11:31:13 PM

(Hey John Q - if you are reading this and can give me some insider info - I am totally OK with you commenting on this thread)
Hi G. I just saw this. It's been my experience that magnified photos exaggerate how much metal vs diamond you see, but taste also influences this. The consumers here have fielded the qs well. As for specifics of your situation Renee should be able to help you (I went to ask her about this and she was on the phone with you as I was typing).

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 4:52:03 PM

Gonzo, call me on crack but that head looks like a typical Stuller solstice head, doesn''t look custom to me. I would try to confirm this with WF.

It also doesn''t look like it''s floating that high, it may not be even noticeable in person!
I am trying to sort that out right now... question... would a ''custom'' head be made from scratch or is it a changed version of a previously struck head?
Hey Mat -
Is your head a modified Stuller solstice or something else?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hi Mike,

From the latest "side shot" that you posted, it *looks* like the diamond fills the head pretty well. It's so hard to tell, though... these mag photos really can be deceiving.

So when you asked for a head like Mat's, you were advised against it because of security issues (with the stone)? Or am I misunderstanding? That's puzzling to me because you and Mat have similar sized stones, and obviously SHE got the head you want.

I, too, would be interested in learning the answer to your question regarding what exactly constitutes a "custom" head -- made from scratch, or just modified from a pre-made one.

BTW, how far away will the w-ring (eventually) need to be from the e-ring? Will it be a very big space between rings? I'd also be interested in knowing if Mat's rings are expected to be able to sit flush?

Well, please keep us posted, Mike. I'm sure WF won't rest until you are 100% satisfied!

Lynn

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
in that last pic it looks just the same as Mara''s...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 6:16:40 PM
Author: jcrow
in that last pic it looks just the same as Mara's...
Thats what I thought JC, it just looks like the tall version of the Stuller Solstice.

I have had WF modify my prong tips on the Stuller but I would not consider that a custom job at all.

To me custom is when you build the head from scratch...

Gonzo you mention that you decided on a 'Solstice' setting after talking to Leon, could it be that Leon told you at some point that they were just going to use a Solstice (from stuller) and it was just misunderstood? Having talked to Leon on a few projects, he is very detailed, so I'm just wondering if there was some sort of miscommunication here with what they wanted to do vs what you wanted to do vs what was done vs what you thought.

Did you see a wax to approve?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2006 6:56:32 PM
Author:Gonzodogg

... what do you all think of the space in between the stone and the prongs?
So... the head is BIG for the stone... This is common for off the rack, one-piece ''diamond holders'' and some feel that their rings look more impressive that way. IMO, this makes the stones look petite relative to the ring - as if the rings were intended for something larger, or put together from mismatched parts. I may be biased because rings are made lower-set around here and by comparison the US tower-prongs style feels odd. I am sure that this works the other way around too.

Once you get it on your hand, it should become clear if this works for you or not.

My 2c.

Btw - aside this (debatable) detail, the ring looks lovely
1.gif
Good for you!
10.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 6:57:46 PM

in that last pic it looks just the same as Mara''s...
Thats what I thought JC, it just looks like the tall version of the Stuller Solstice.

I have had WF modify my prong tips on the Stuller but I would not consider that a custom job at all.

Gonzo you mention that you decided on a ''Solstice'' setting after talking to Leon, could it be that Leon told you at some point that they were just going to use a Solstice (from stuller) and it was just misunderstood? Having talked to Leon on a few projects, he is very detailed, so I''m just wondering if there was some sort of miscommunication here with what they wanted to do vs what you wanted to do vs what was done vs what you thought.

I am seeing more and more that there was a lot of miscommunication.

I did not see/have not seen any wax - for the setting or the head. Am I wrong or isn''t it usually the case that I should see things like that along the way of the ring being made?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 7:21:42 PM

Date: 3/6/2006 6:57:46 PM

in that last pic it looks just the same as Mara's...

Gonzo you mention that you decided on a 'Solstice' setting after talking to Leon, could it be that Leon told you at some point that they were just going to use a Solstice (from stuller) and it was just misunderstood? Having talked to Leon on a few projects, he is very detailed, so I'm just wondering if there was some sort of miscommunication here with what they wanted to do vs what you wanted to do vs what was done vs what you thought.

I am seeing more and more that there was a lot of miscommunication.

I did not see/have not seen any wax - for the setting or the head. Am I wrong or isn't it usually the case that I should see things like that along the way of the ring being made?
Well did you ASK to see a wax? I don't know if they do it as standard (something possibly you could have asked), but I always ask to see a wax depending on how much design is modified or created etc.

Personally I don't care who the vendor is...and whether it has to do with diamonds or any other project, but if I am having something of this caliber of importance made/created for me...I am super anal about being involved in the whole project even if someone else is managing it. I just like to be included along the approval process. But not everyone is like that, some just want to talk about it then have it done.

Lastly, when I worked with Leon on my project for my toe rings, we had a long conversation and then he repeated back everything that we had talked about. I then sent a FU email regarding what we had discussed so that he had it all in email. That's just how I am. Again not sure what is standard vs more like preference....but I know how I am and how I don't want mistakes.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 4:17:12 PM
I requested pictures from the side and they just came in.
It is hard to tell exactly high high the diamond is ''floating'' because evertyhing is so white (not a bad thing) but after seeing this, it does not look as high as had thought from the first set of pictures.
Anyone have any new thoughts after seeing this??
Yup. I think you''re fine as far as the height. I also love the look of the head. It is not, however, my ring.

shay

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 7:26:00 PM

Well did you ASK to see a wax? I don''t know if they do it as standard (something possibly you could have asked), but I always ask to see a wax depending on how much design is modified or created etc.

Personally I don''t care who the vendor is...and whether it has to do with diamonds or any other project, but if I am having something of this caliber of importance made/created for me...I am super anal about being involved in the whole project even if someone else is managing it. I just like to be included along the approval process. But not everyone is like that, some just want to talk about it then have it done.

Lastly, when I worked with Leon on my project for my toe rings, we had a long conversation and then he repeated back everything that we had talked about. I then sent a FU email regarding what we had discussed so that he had it all in email. That''s just how I am. Again not sure what is standard vs more like preference....but I know how I am and how I don''t want mistakes.
I am definately a person who wants to be involved in a process like this one. I tried to be as involved as possible but it seemed like every time I had a question or concern I got a "Don''t worry! I promise it will be great!" type answer. I did not like it at the time but did not worry too much at the time becuase everyone gives WF such glowing reviews. I have never bought any jewelry before (let alone a custom e-ring) and I am still learning so I did not really know what questions I should have been asking...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 8:32:48 PM

Date: 3/6/2006 7:26:00 PM

Well did you ASK to see a wax? I don't know if they do it as standard (something possibly you could have asked), but I always ask to see a wax depending on how much design is modified or created etc.

Personally I don't care who the vendor is...and whether it has to do with diamonds or any other project, but if I am having something of this caliber of importance made/created for me...I am super anal about being involved in the whole project even if someone else is managing it. I just like to be included along the approval process. But not everyone is like that, some just want to talk about it then have it done.

Lastly, when I worked with Leon on my project for my toe rings, we had a long conversation and then he repeated back everything that we had talked about. I then sent a FU email regarding what we had discussed so that he had it all in email. That's just how I am. Again not sure what is standard vs more like preference....but I know how I am and how I don't want mistakes.
I am definately a person who wants to be involved in a process like this one. I tried to be as involved as possible but it seemed like every time I had a question or concern I got a 'Don't worry! I promise it will be great!' type answer. I did not like it at the time but did not worry too much at the time becuase everyone gives WF such glowing reviews. I have never bought any jewelry before (let alone a custom e-ring) and I am still learning so I did not really know what questions I should have been asking...
I'm surprised you haven't seen the threads on here about custom rings, with wax images and the like. It seems like they are all over these days!

Anyway, just because a vendor has glowing reviews means that they read a customers mind or that they are always on the same page with them. I would have definitely been involved regardless of the 'don't worry it will be great'...But again, that's just me, Miss Anal.
5.gif

If you are unhappy with the head, just speak to them about it and figure it out. They will definitely always try their hardest to make it right, that is for sure. Have you spoken to them about the head issue?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gonzo,
I have been at this a long time and I am still learning what to ask. I have designed many pieces and am very anal about all the details. If you want it changed then get it changed. I do think pics of a wax should have been sent to you for your approval. Don't be hard on yourself. I find a guy like you to be very refreshing. Hang in there. Lisa
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
If it isn''t too much trouble, could somebody who is more photoshop savvy than I am possibly please make a side-by-side photo comparison of Mike''s head between Mara''s and Mat''s? I am having a heck of a time scrutinizing/comparing
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
the three of them with them scattered about like they are.

Thanks!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
yeh, i can. give me a sec.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 5:05:15 PM

Date: 3/6/2006 4:52:03 PM

Gonzo, call me on crack but that head looks like a typical Stuller solstice head, doesn''t look custom to me. I would try to confirm this with WF.

It also doesn''t look like it''s floating that high, it may not be even noticeable in person!
I am trying to sort that out right now... question... would a ''custom'' head be made from scratch or is it a changed version of a previously struck head?
Hey Mat -
Is your head a modified Stuller solstice or something else?
Something else, I have always been fond of fluted prongs and mine has more then the solstice head which I don’t care for in the four prong. Jeffrey and Lesley were able to talk and figure out exactly what I was seeing in my head. I love the head on my ring and since your stone is nearly the exact same size as mine (a tad smaller I think) I would not see why they could not do it for yours when they did it for mine…

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mat,
Will your w-ring be able to sit flush with your e-ring?

L

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results