shape
carat
color
clarity

My Turn - thank you all so much!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock

Alright guys and gals, here is how it all went down...

Over the past few months, my initial casual diamond search evolved first into a very interesting hobby then into an all out obsession to find the most perfect diamond and setting for the most perfect girl. (Sorry for that, but I feel like these announcement must contain at least one very cheesy statement) It has gotten to the point where I check PS about three times a day and finally, today I made my purchase.

With MAJOR guidance from Lynn B, Mara, Matadora, & Belle I decided on a 1.68 carat I, VVS2* from Whiteflash’s Expert Selection.
*Alright so I am definitely a person who normally would want an eye clean SI stone, but I just fell in love with THIS stone – and the price was right. I was a little worried about the color, but my worries have been totally put at ease by Lynn, Belle, and Renee @ WF.

After spending hours upon hours scrolling through the 54 pages of the “Eye Candy” thread, I settled on a shared prong eternity setting with 7 ACA melee 3 pointers on each side of the center stone (14 diamonds because we met on the 14th , began dating on the 14th , and I plan on proposing on the 14th)

You would think that the stone would be the biggest decision but for me it was the setting head. At first I was set on the “round” look of the six prongs, but after seeing a few of them in person, from the side I wanted to see more diamond and less metal. It is also very important to me that whatever w-ring that we decide on later will sit flush with the e-ring. At the suggestion of Matadora, I asked WF about a “buttercup” style 4 prong with very little prong visible from the top so that the diamond would maintain its round look while still allowing the e-ring to sit flush. (Thank you Mat!)

Bellow are all the fun specs of the stone, and I promise that I will post more pictures as I get them.

Thanks to all,

Mike

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Alright, the pictures are not working... how do I do this?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats on finishing the whole process!! Now get those pictures up
2.gif
Try re-naming your picture file... Or re-size it...

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I think it is working now...

ci_AGS-6339410.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
the WF pic

DI40X_AGS-6339410.jpg

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
The IS...
but I still can't get the Sarin to upload... anyone know how?

IS_AGS-6339410.jpg

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohhhh la la la!! It''s beautiful!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone!! Great pics
1.gif

fhuici

Rough_Rock
Hey Mike, that''s an awesome looking stone! I also purchased my stone from WF and their prices and customer service are unbeatable!

And if you pestered Renee as much as I did, that poor girl definitely needs a raise. I think I called her 5 times a day for several days until I finally decided on a stone.

Anyhow, congrats to you also!

Frank

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on what looks like a beautiful stone. I love the sentimentality of the "14" that you have used.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay!! congratulations on your purchase mike! that is such a great looking stone. all of your hard work researching has definitely paid off. i can''t wait to see it finished!
3.gif

(try changing the name of the sarin file to something unique..no spaces or funky characters)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh i wanna see this ring!!! it sounds divine!! please post more pictures!

congrats, it sounds like it all worked out perfectly....i''m sure she will adore it!

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow what a great looking stone I definitely can''t wait to see the finished product as I''m already here drooling all over myself!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i with mara, i cannot wait to see the ring..the stone you chose looks gorgeous.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH YEAH BABY, YEAAAAHHH!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh Mike! I KNEW it was a killer, and those photos are still takin'' my breath away! I CANNOT WAIT to see the finished ring. Lia''s gonna be SOOOOO happy!

*GREAT JOB!* It has been really fun to have a small share in this. You were a great newbie!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

PS I tried to post the sarin for you but I can''t get it either!!!
33.gif
33.gif
33.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys - and I will definately have more pictures up as soon as I get them.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn''t this forum great!! Congratulations on a phenominal stone!! The thought you''ve put into this with the 14 stones and their meaning are fantastic. You should have one happy girl. Best wishes and post pics when the rings ready.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great choice!!! Looking forward to hearing about the proposal and seeing the ring!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
As Storm would say that is one kickin stone. I too love that it will be set with 14 stones to symbolize your relationship. She will be floored by it. I am so excited to see this ring. Great pick and great job.
36.gif

iceprincess

Shiny_Rock
Mike, congrats on your purchase and your upcoming engagement. This is a beauty of a stone. Wow, is it clean! Like everyone else, I can''t wait for the finished result!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Your welcome Gonzodogg! I hope you love your ring, the one V asked with had 7 on each side as well. It is a lovely design and I have never seen a head as lovely as the one Whiteflash made for me. I hope you and your future fiancee love your ring as much as I do mine. I cannot wait to see photos!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Perfect choice! That stone is amazing and you both will fall in love with WF''s shared prong setting. It''s very dainty, yet sparkly. I can''t wait to see the pictures and hear her reaction! Congrats! Keep us updated!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s le sarin
2.gif

gonzodoggsarin.JPG

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on finding such a beautiful stone, it looks fab. Can''t wait to see the pics of the ring.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!
30.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
THANKS BELLE!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Must...have...pictures!!

When is that sucker going to be done?

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! My anniversary is on the 14th too. I love the thought behind everything you have chosen!
emlove.gif

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 11:29:40 AM
Author: Mara
Must...have...pictures!!

When is that sucker going to be done?
I am sorry to say that it is going to be a while... at least a few weeks.

I did not have all of my finances in order to make the whole purchase but I did not want my stone to get snached up so I am taking advantage of WF''s flexpay.

Mara, I promise I wont use the whole 60 days, but a few weeks at least.
I am pretty sure that WF is already making the setting before it is payed in full so I will probably be able to post their pictures a lot sooner.

Sorry for the delay, but believe me, I want to see that sucker completed a lot more than you do.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results