shape
carat
color
clarity

Pics of band where height off finger is different!

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b

See how close in height these two are... I could probably handle that if I had to, a little more height in the engagement ring would be even better though. Then the only thing left would be an increase in width of the engagement ring to be perfect.

1651596966384.png

Last edited:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
I did find another angle as inspo. This is the closest I've seen actually where it matches my thick band preference in the engagement ring that is the same width in the wedding band AND is similar in height :kiss2:

inspo1.jpg inspo2.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @breanne -

I'm sorry to be so slow in responding. For 3mm, your size would be 10-11 pt stones. 3mm diamonds are substantial when worn with a soli. Oddly enough, I tried mine on today with my soli, which is 4.05ct, and I thought the stones would not want to be ANY bigger.

One upside of smaller diamonds, tho, is that you can always go wider on the anni band: mine is 9 stones wide and sits very low. I'd show photos except that they're very different sizes and they won't sit together, I'm sorry.

I agree, the match would be better if your e-ring was a little thicker and a little wider. I think that would be a possibility, tho.

Wherever you end, I think it's going to be gorgeous. :))

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @breanne -

I'm sorry to be so slow in responding. For 3mm, your size would be 10-11 pt stones. 3mm diamonds are substantial when worn with a soli. Oddly enough, I tried mine on today with my soli, which is 4.05ct, and I thought the stones would not want to be ANY bigger.

One upside of smaller diamonds, tho, is that you can always go wider on the anni band: mine is 9 stones wide and sits very low. I'd show photos except that they're very different sizes and they won't sit together, I'm sorry.

I agree, the match would be better if your e-ring was a little thicker and a little wider. I think that would be a possibility, tho.

Wherever you end, I think it's going to be gorgeous. :))
@mrs-b

No problem at all! I should really be studying, but I get tunnel vision, ha!

What size do you think is in the photo I posted above? I spoke with David Klass, he said based on the information provided so far, he thinks no larger than 3mm x 7 stones. From my understanding, is a 3mm stone .11?

*edit - I forgot to mention, he said to go try on some that are 3mm at 7 stones and see how much that spreads across my finger. I am a size 5, so would 21mm be the width of my finger from the top? I tried to find a chart of the circumference of ring sizes, there are so many variances, does 49mm make sense?

Last edited:

breanne

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b

I went to Tiffany's today, I actually didn't find the service great. With that said, I did get the chance to try on a 30 points x 5 stone wedding band with my own engagement ring.

Although there are some details that are not right, it was a good visual. I do like that spread, it ends at the appropriate part of my finger on either side. I'm also realizing that my engagement ring band is probably bigger than 3mm, I think it starts as 3mm and gradually gets larger.

Also, although some details on my engagement ring will change, there are still lots about it that I like. I do like the profile, but what I am realizing is that where the diamond sits, there is a little jut out (I put an arrow to what I'm talking about in one photo), which I think would prevent the wedding band from sitting well. I also think the diamond on the wedding band would destroy it.

I did try on a 3 carat engagement ring, to my surprise, it felt huge. So now I am wondering if I should head to another location and try on 2.5-3 carat instead. In my mind I thought I'd upgrade to 3-3.5, perhaps it was the setting, but it felt a bit big.

rt.jpg

Attachments

• rt12.jpg
    rt12.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 8
  • rt11.jpg
    rt11.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 7
  • rt10.jpg
    rt10.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 9
  • rt9.jpg